PDA

View Full Version : The Beastie Boys?

snake
06-12-2016, 09:37 PM
Any other fans of the Beastie Boys and classic hip hop as a whole here? I know Powder prolly does but I'm not sure who else would be.

Paul's Boutique is objectively the best album, but I've listened to Licensed to Ill to many times that I've got the whole thing pretty much memorized. It's catchy as f*ck and I don't care what anyone says.

Powder
06-12-2016, 09:59 PM
What I'd like to know is why TMNT OOTS spammed No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn in the trailers when this is a thing: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adam-yauchs-will-prohibits-use-of-his-music-in-ads-20120809

snake
06-12-2016, 10:11 PM
What I'd like to know is why TMNT OOTS spammed No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn in the trailers when this is a thing: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/adam-yauchs-will-prohibits-use-of-his-music-in-ads-20120809

That's weiiiird.

OOTS had such a tease of a soundtrack. In the trailers you even had Run Dmc so I atleast expected It's Tricky to actually be in the movie.

The worst was right before the police station scene, you could here the opening chords to Spirit In The Sky, and I thought that would be a good choice for a hiest scene so I got pretty excited because that's a sweet song and thennn nope. It just stops f*cking playing for no reason leaving me unsatisfied.

Etsyturtle2
06-13-2016, 05:26 PM
That's weiiiird.

OOTS had such a tease of a soundtrack. In the trailers you even had Run Dmc so I atleast expected It's Tricky to actually be in the movie.

The worst was right before the police station scene, you could here the opening chords to Spirit In The Sky, and I thought that would be a good choice for a hiest scene so I got pretty excited because that's a sweet song and thennn nope. It just stops f*cking playing for no reason leaving me unsatisfied.

Exactly! I couldn't stand that.

ToTheNines
06-15-2016, 03:13 PM
I like Beastie. I'm a huge Wu Tang fan though, I never get tired of 36 Chambers, and pretty much all of them have at least one great solo album.

Not quite as old, but my other favorite rappers are Del The Funky Homosapien/Deltron 3030 and definitely MF DOOM/King Geedorah/Madvillain.

joe-eyeball
06-15-2016, 03:35 PM
I love the Beasties! One of the best shows I've ever seen was during the Hello Nasty tour with a Tribe Called Quest!!! The whole place was lit and in a good mood!!!!

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
So what happened to them... or are they still touring but haven't done anything new? Honestly since MTV forgot what the M stood for, I've lost track of a lot of the modern music trends, just whatever happens to be playing on the radio recently.

snake
07-04-2016, 05:33 PM
So what happened to them... or are they still touring but haven't done anything new? Honestly since MTV forgot what the M stood for, I've lost track of a lot of the modern music trends, just whatever happens to be playing on the radio recently.

MCA dying happened.