PDA

View Full Version : Jack Kurtzman = The Question

matteso586
06-13-2016, 07:42 PM
After re-watching Justice League Unlimited, I'm starting to compare Jack Kurtzman with The Question. They both do take a fancy to conspiracies. And I think Kurtzman is the type of person that goes through EVERYONE'S trash.

Mew
06-13-2016, 07:49 PM
After re-watching Justice League Unlimited, I'm starting to compare Jack Kurtzman with The Question. They both do take a fancy to conspiracies. And I think Kurtzman is the type of person that goes through EVERYONE'S trash.
He wants my empty Chef Boyardee cans? Weird.

matteso586
06-13-2016, 08:57 PM
He wants my empty Chef Boyardee cans? Weird.

Would you dig through everybody's trash if you're a conspiracy theorist?

Powder
06-13-2016, 09:07 PM
Unless you count reading these posts, I sure don't.

Ceres
06-14-2016, 01:51 AM
Jack Kurtzman is an Utrom, duh ~

ABrown
06-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I see some similarities. However, the Question was a part of a MUCH better show.

victory_angel
06-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Kurtzman could be 'King'

In the movie Secret of the Ooze there was a cut scene at the end where Professor Perry opens his shirt revealing he is an Utrom. But this was kept out of the movie supposedly because viewers (at least the ones familiar with the TV show) would think that was Krang.

But here's why Kurtzman is likely 'King'.

First off April is sensitive to the Kraang and she had sensed someone is watching them when Kurtzman is introduced.

When he meets the Turtles, he tells them he had discovered the Kraang a year ago and he's been looking into and researching them ever since. Even for a paranormal investigator, the information that he has on the Kraang far too extensive for someone who has been looking into the Kraang for a year. Such as the info on the Kraathatrogons and how the Kraang uses them a source of mutagen and as a means of transport. We have seen the Kraang milking the Kraathatrogons for their mutagen, but haven't seen the Kraang riding them on Earth meaning that is something that is in Dimension X. And he notably doesn't reveal the existence of the Utrom. If he had been looking into the Kraang as much as he claims, he would have told the Turtles there are good Kraang called Utroms. The only reasons he wouldn't reveal that is because he was either sworn to secrecy about the Utrom. Or he is one of them.

And with the Utrom Council, there were two missing members, Knight and King. Knight is revealed to be Kraang SubPrime in the War for Dimension X.There is no mention of King which also means two things, King has already been converted into the Kraang. Or they are hiding his existence and location. If King was Kraang Prime, wouldn't KSP have taunted Queen and the other Utrom by saying King is running the show on their side.

Kurtzman could not reveal that he was an Utrom when he first meets the Turtles, because at that point the Turtles had only known the Kraang. And they would have trouble believing him because of that.

Bishop himself had told the Turtles that he was going against the Utrom Council by even telling the about what was going to happen in A.E. And again Kurtzman is notably absent in the last few episodes of season 3 and I doubt it's just because they couldn't budget the character.

Splinter was not surprised or offended by Bishop being in their lair. And that could mean that he had met an utrom before. When Kurtzman was hit by that errant blast, Splinter does say he needs to cauterize the injury. We know Casey had left to go grab bandages from the local CVS, but we don't know if April if was told to go with Casey once the Turtles left or she was simply told to leave the room.

Now that the Turtles have met the Utrom and know they exist, the question would be. Can King reveal his existence to the Turtles?

matteso586
06-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Kurtzman could be 'King'

In the movie Secret of the Ooze there was a cut scene at the end where Professor Perry opens his shirt revealing he is an Utrom. But this was kept out of the movie supposedly because viewers (at least the ones familiar with the TV show) would think that was Krang.

But here's why Kurtzman is likely 'King'.

First off April is sensitive to the Kraang and she had sensed someone is watching them when Kurtzman is introduced.

When he meets the Turtles, he tells them he had discovered the Kraang a year ago and he's been looking into and researching them ever since. Even for a paranormal investigator, the information that he has on the Kraang far too extensive for someone who has been looking into the Kraang for a year. Such as the info on the Kraathatrogons and how the Kraang uses them a source of mutagen and as a means of transport. We have seen the Kraang milking the Kraathatrogons for their mutagen, but haven't seen the Kraang riding them on Earth meaning that is something that is in Dimension X. And he notably doesn't reveal the existence of the Utrom. If he had been looking into the Kraang as much as he claims, he would have told the Turtles there are good Kraang called Utroms. The only reasons he wouldn't reveal that is because he was either sworn to secrecy about the Utrom. Or he is one of them.

And with the Utrom Council, there were two missing members, Knight and King. Knight is revealed to be Kraang SubPrime in the War for Dimension X.There is no mention of King which also means two things, King has already been converted into the Kraang. Or they are hiding his existence and location. If King was Kraang Prime, wouldn't KSP have taunted Queen and the other Utrom by saying King is running the show on their side.

Kurtzman could not reveal that he was an Utrom when he first meets the Turtles, because at that point the Turtles had only known the Kraang. And they would have trouble believing him because of that.

Bishop himself had told the Turtles that he was going against the Utrom Council by even telling the about what was going to happen in A.E. And again Kurtzman is notably absent in the last few episodes of season 3 and I doubt it's just because they couldn't budget the character.

Splinter was not surprised or offended by Bishop being in their lair. And that could mean that he had met an utrom before. When Kurtzman was hit by that errant blast, Splinter does say he needs to cauterize the injury. We know Casey had left to go grab bandages from the local CVS, but we don't know if April if was told to go with Casey once the Turtles left or she was simply told to leave the room.

Now that the Turtles have met the Utrom and know they exist, the question would be. Can King reveal his existence to the Turtles?

Interesting theory, but you forgot a couple of details. In "The Pig and the Rhino" April was able to sense Bebop, and he wasn't an Utrom. And the Utrom suits are most likely to not have heart pulses.

neatoman
06-14-2016, 01:40 PM
If Kurtzman is an Utrom, how did he get injured? His body is robotic in that case, but his injuries implies he's human.

Kurtzman≠King but April=Char.
http://img.booru.org/the-collection//images/27/e25cecd9d230f2a64b13baead91ec1732e396be1.png

GoldMutant
06-14-2016, 02:09 PM
Interesting theory, but you forgot a couple of details. In "The Pig and the Rhino" April was able to sense Bebop, and he wasn't an Utrom. And the Utrom suits are most likely to not have heart pulses.

... I'll give you the Utrom part for now, but did you watch The Pig and the Rhino by any chance? It's not included in that theory of VA's because the mutated Zeck (or Bebop near the end) kept talking out loud both times. He got overconfident both times and caused himself to be caught, once in the alleyway by April's tessen and the other in the funhouse he got hit by a smoke bomb. It's not sensing, it's called Zeck being an overconfident idiot.

Also, here's a suggestion: why don't we just make a theory thread for the Nick section and possibly sticky it? It's the same people bringing up ideas, would make things easier, no?

Splinter the boss
06-14-2016, 03:12 PM
If Kurtzman is an Utrom, how did he get injured? His body is robotic in that case, but his injuries implies he's human.

Kurtzman≠King but April=Char.
http://img.booru.org/the-collection//images/27/e25cecd9d230f2a64b13baead91ec1732e396be1.png

Which April is this?

victory_angel
06-14-2016, 03:38 PM
... I'll give you the Utrom part for now, but did you watch The Pig and the Rhino by any chance? It's not included in that theory of VA's because the mutated Zeck (or Bebop near the end) kept talking out loud both times. He got overconfident both times and caused himself to be caught, once in the alleyway by April's tessen and the other in the funhouse he got hit by a smoke bomb. It's not sensing, it's called Zeck being an overconfident idiot.

Also, here's a suggestion: why don't we just make a theory thread for the Nick section and possibly sticky it? It's the same people bringing up ideas, would make things easier, no?

April was also able to sense Zeck when he was approaching them. I think it was more that she was able to sense his suit. The suit is to high tech to be completely earth technology.

On person had asked Peter Di Cicco about how bebop got his jump suit. Di Cicco commented that Zeck would tell you he made it himself, but he is a theif so he likely burgled some key components. His suit does glow with a pinkish purple light that is similar to the Kraang, though his suit has more of a purple hue then pink. But what if the key components of the suit is Krang tech.

neatoman
06-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Which April is this?

It's just fan art based on this.
http://static.zerochan.net/Char.Aznable.full.1716798.jpg

Utrommaniac
06-14-2016, 04:32 PM

I did go back to see how he was injured, and he appeared to have been hit in the back. At least with most of the Kraang/Utrom suits, there's an opening in the back where they could be vulnerable. I'd Kurtzman/King could have built up a suit that was so real and human that he probably would have even included a pulse synthesizer.

The question is, why is King on Earth and not with the rest of the council? Is he spying on the Kraang, and if so, why him? Why not Bishop, who already is sort of doing that. Are they working together? Why would an Utrom get a lizard-y girlfriend?

matteso586
06-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Are we still talking about the similarities between Kurtzman and The Question?

Splinter the boss
06-14-2016, 07:47 PM
I did go back to see how he was injured, and he appeared to have been hit in the back. At least with most of the Kraang/Utrom suits, there's an opening in the back where they could be vulnerable. I'd Kurtzman/King could have built up a suit that was so real and human that he probably would have even included a pulse synthesizer.

The question is, why is King on Earth and not with the rest of the council? Is he spying on the Kraang, and if so, why him? Why not Bishop, who already is sort of doing that. Are they working together? Why would an Utrom get a lizard-y girlfriend?
Dude,Kurtzman is no utrom or king, he's just a fellow journalist who happens to be fascinated by aliens and their world and their culture.

Powder
06-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Are we still talking about the similarities between Kurtzman and The Question?

You can see that is not the case. :tlol: