PDA

View Full Version : Best Cat Food?

Mew
06-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Which is best? Meow Mix, Purina or Fancy Feast? Which is best/most healthful?

snake
06-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Is that f*cking Max Headroom?

Cure
06-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Google it, man. Damn. Plenty of articles out there that compare prices and nutritional value.

MikeandRaph87
06-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Is that f*cking Max Headroom?

Yes, that is the virtual tv host from New Coke ads.

I don't know if this thread is serious or not, such as you are asking for your pet? If that is the question, my cat eats Purina cat food brands.

The Deadman
06-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Are you gonna record a video of sampling each brand?

IndigoErth
06-15-2016, 07:15 PM
Options of two dry and one wet? Personally they should have both types in their diet.

No idea what the "best" is, though ours likes Meow Mix for the dry stuff and then wet food (usually Purina Friskies) for dinner.

Powder
06-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Why don't you eat each one & find out for yourself?

MsMarvelDuckie
06-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Actually mine eats 9 Lives. Indoor or Weight Management since she is an indoor kitty who is spayed and not especially active. We play with her and take her outside on harness and leash when the weather isnt too hot or rainy.

snake
06-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Yeah Mew, I think you need to try them each personally.

Electric
06-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Mew, in case you couldn't tell by the comments, this is an example of one or your BAD threads

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Why don't you eat each one & find out for yourself?

For science!

Netkeeper
06-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Hey this is a great thread, we just gave Mew an idea for his next science project. The ones with the giant posters folded into threes, you know the one

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-15-2016, 10:08 PM
Hey this is a great thread, we just gave Mew an idea for his next science project. The ones with the giant posters folded into threes, you know the one

High school science fair!

Yet again, (I repeat for emphasis...)

FOR SCIENCE!

Unworthy tinker
06-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Guys, I'm pretty sure he's looking for legitimate advice. He's mentioned having a cat. At least to me.

Cure
06-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Guys, I'm pretty sure he's looking for legitimate advice. He's mentioned having a cat. At least to me.

YA DON'T SAY? His 500 cat-based usernames since he's signed up sure weren't a clue.

Unworthy tinker
06-16-2016, 12:15 AM
YA DON'T SAY? His 500 cat-based usernames since he's signed up sure weren't a clue.

Hey, he could've just loved cats. He doesn't exactly have to own one to love 'em. I do suppose I was stating the obvious with that post though. You have a point.

Electric
06-16-2016, 12:58 AM

Sorry Tink, its hard to tell what threads of his actually deserve attention when you have to filter through all the "Bath or Shower" "Billy Mays or Bob Ross" or "insert any of his other 3-word-titled polling threads." Add in every other question poll he makes in which he could get his answer on a 20 second google search, and it tends to become difficult.

Boy who cried wolf...er...Mew who cried poll.

Side Note: The kids account has been activated for just over a year, and he has already created 147 threads...
Maybe it's my lack of thread making, but that seems to be overkill

Wow. More digging revealed that one of his first (not deleted) threads was a poll on whether he should be called "Master of the Polls"
After only a month or so of being here, he was already being told to ease off the threads by the Mods.
Year later and little to no improvement.

Mew
06-16-2016, 07:24 AM
This was a legit thread to see what other user's cats eat/for my cat. Thank you for all the legitimate answers! I don't see why people, mostly Electric, are getting hateful of this thread. I guess I can't post threads?

ToTheNines
06-16-2016, 07:28 AM
Natural Balance is what mine eats.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-16-2016, 08:04 AM
I guess I can't post threads?

As Electric said, you're like the boy who cried 'wolf'. You make dozens of stupid threads, to the point where no one can be certain whether you're being serious in this one or not. That's bad.

Netkeeper
06-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Mew, you are fully aware we don't like your threads, I don't know why you're acting so surprised. As it's been pointed out, even as early as your first month here you've been told repeatedly.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-16-2016, 12:41 PM
If only we could trust each other... :tsad:

FredWolfLeonardo
06-16-2016, 02:42 PM
We can learn a thing or two from cats. They don't make a fuss about what they're eating, they just eat whatever they can and are content with that.

Mine eat Purina and are satisfied with it. Also, whats with the bashing? Cat lovers can relate, we are bound to talk ALOT and obsessively about our cats, anytime, anyplace and any reason. You agree Mew?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-16-2016, 02:50 PM
We can learn a thing or two from cats. They don't make a fuss about what they're eating, they just eat whatever they can and are content with that.

Are you sure you've ever been around cats? They're picky little bastards.

FredWolfLeonardo
06-16-2016, 02:53 PM

Nowhere as picky as us though. Atleast not on a mental level.

plastroncafe
06-16-2016, 02:54 PM
o The kind that keeps my cat alive.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-16-2016, 03:05 PM

None of mine ever have been. They eat what they get. Sometimes they get treats and are occasionally picky with those. But not often.

Candy Kappa
06-16-2016, 03:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VZtQNsTSoQk/T0_OwLOlPVI/AAAAAAAAF48/oC2qeqiZQSw/s1600/pussi.jpg

TheSkeletonMan939
06-16-2016, 03:24 PM
"As good as it looks"? Only humans care about what their food looks like.

plastroncafe
06-16-2016, 03:28 PM
Trust me, that makes a difference.

I'm firmly convinced that how my old roommates used to handle the cat food impacted how much of it my cat would eat. They were vegetarian and had varying levels of comfort handling meat products, and I could usually tell who fed the cat by how much food was left uneaten.

Mew
06-16-2016, 05:22 PM

Mine eat Purina and are satisfied with it. Also, whats with the bashing? Cat lovers can relate, we are bound to talk ALOT and obsessively about our cats, anytime, anyplace and any reason. You agree Mew?
Yes, I agree, as all my names and a lot of my avatar/sigs are cats.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VZtQNsTSoQk/T0_OwLOlPVI/AAAAAAAAF48/oC2qeqiZQSw/s1600/pussi.jpg
Purina Pussi, geat for single men and their cats.

Katie
06-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Blue. The only thing I ever fed my cat. Grocery store cat food is disgusting. I used to be a pet nutritionist. Blue is the best on the market for cats and dogs.

Mew
06-17-2016, 06:22 AM
Blue. The only thing I ever fed my cat. Grocery store cat food is disgusting. I used to be a pet nutritionist. Blue is the best on the market for cats and dogs.
Really?? I thought those commercials were fake!

Katie
06-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Nah, its pretty legit

Best brands are Blue, Eukanuba, Nutro.

Science Diet paid for my training, but all I learned is that their food is garbage :lol:

If you have to do grocery store, Iams is the best ( they actually are the same company that makes Eukanuba)

If you don't belive me, their's always the poop test. If your cat makes large smelly poop you are feeding a food with alot of filler. Same if your dog makes big piles that turn white when they dry. White poop means a ton of ash in thd food and that's rough on kidneys.

Healthy poop is small, compact, not too smelly, and stays dark when dry.

Blue. I have a 14 year old dog that still runs around like a puppy and she has always eatten either Eukanuba or Blue. I do grain free now because its too common to have aflatoxin in the grain they put in most pet food. Causes liver and kidney damage.

My previous dog lived to be 19.

My cat never had a smelly poo and i live in a small apartment, so i'd know.

Just my 2 cents

GK Punk
06-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Nutro is great stuff. My picky cat reira is allergic to various ingredients and that's the one brand she loves and doesn't make her ill.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Nah, its pretty legit

Best brands are Blue, Eukanuba, Nutro.

Science Diet paid for my training, but all I learned is that their food is garbage :lol:

If you have to do grocery store, Iams is the best ( they actually are the same company that makes Eukanuba)

If you don't belive me, their's always the poop test. If your cat makes large smelly poop you are feeding a food with alot of filler. Same if your dog makes big piles that turn white when they dry. White poop means a ton of ash in thd food and that's rough on kidneys.

Healthy poop is small, compact, not too smelly, and stays dark when dry.

Blue. I have a 14 year old dog that still runs around like a puppy and she has always eatten either Eukanuba or Blue. I do grain free now because its too common to have aflatoxin in the grain they put in most pet food. Causes liver and kidney damage.

My previous dog lived to be 19.

My cat never had a smelly poo and i live in a small apartment, so i'd know.

Just my 2 cents

Most brands have at LEAST a low ash content variety now- usually urinary health blend or something like that. I use that or the indoor (which also helps with that, and weight) for mine. I can't afford the expensive "healthy" brands, and there's not THAT much difference with most, according to the labels. Mostly the taurine, and ash content, which most brands have mostly gotten rid of anyway. The national brands have gotten much healthier in the last few years. Big brands have started moving to healthier ingredients to compete with the more expensive "good" ones, so there's plenty to choose from without breaking your budget.

Katie
06-20-2016, 07:03 AM
AAFCO has certian standards for all animal feed on protein, fat, carbohydrates, etc. the difference in super premium brands like Blue, Nutro, and Eukanuba; and grocery brands like Purina, Cat/Dog Chow, Ol Roy, etc is what they use to get to those levels.

Personally, since I dealt with aflaroxin poisoning, I will never buy a food with corn gluten meal, rice, wheat, or soy. Corn gluten meal is a ingredient that bolsters protein so when i see that i know the actual animal protein in the food is low quality and couldn't meet AAFCO standards on its own.

I'm not saying animals can't live their lives eating grocery brands, l just had my eyes opened alot from that training and in researching what my dog went through with bad grains in food.

People can buy what they want for their animals. I choose to buy Blue because of what I know about the AAFCO standards and the ingredient list.