PDA

View Full Version : The Krang body in the previews was a sham?

Andrew NDB
06-15-2016, 09:39 PM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/social_post/0/0/1/TMNTSocial_5.jpg

I've read that in the final film, Krang's android body doesn't have any (fake) skin or anything, contrary to what was teased beforehand in the TV spots and trailers. Is that true?

If so, how do you feel about Platinum Dunes cutting misleading trailers?

Commenter 42
06-15-2016, 09:44 PM
More misleading adverts
9We9zMgw9jE

Powder
06-15-2016, 09:47 PM
The face remains, however all other "human skin" parts are gone, including the top half of his head, which they did not simply change- they removed it entirely. Like, it's straight up lopped off, revealing a blue glowing processor or something. The arms & legs are just Transformer-esque. & according to one interview, they didn't have his design (or animation, subsequently) until a week & a half before the first screenings. They claimed it was due to difficulty, but signs suggest it has to do with removed plot elements.

DarkFell
06-15-2016, 09:52 PM
It was probably my fault - someone at PD saw my comment that the man droid head resembled RoboCop in the Superbowl trailer. :trazz:

But yeah, I was shocked to discover that the design on the droid had been changed.

Thank you brave souls that smuggled your movie recording devices into the movie theaters and YouTube.

Andrew NDB
06-15-2016, 10:05 PM
It was probably my fault - someone at PD saw my comment that the man droid head resembled RoboCop in the Superbowl trailer. :trazz:

Maybe one of the many resident...

https://assets.dnainfo.com/generated/photo/2015/06/shutterstock234308143-1434732152.jpg/larger.jpg

CyberCubed
06-15-2016, 10:15 PM
Possible its another deleted scene or last minute design change. Since its all CG they could swap it out quickly while the rest of the scene remains unchanged.

Commenter 42
06-16-2016, 01:35 AM
It looked too much like Michael Bay, and he got all pissy.

ProactiveMan
06-16-2016, 02:28 AM
I wonder if they intended Krang's reveal (the brain part) to be later in the movie than it ended up being.

That first Krang scene when Shredder teleports seemed tacked-on to me, and I'm wondering if Shredder was supposed to think he was talking to the android, and then Krang would pop out closer to the end of the movie?

I'm also wondering if they changed Krang's design to look more like classic Krang at some point, because the action figure (squishy Krang brain) looks absolutely nothing like the design in the movie.

...and he referred to himself as "The Krang" at one point, the figure is labelled Kraang, but the computer screen in the movie definitely shows 'Krang'.

neatoman
06-16-2016, 02:46 AM
The only reason I can think of for them changing the head is that thought it looked weird for an alien to walk around in a robot with a human head.

To be honest I would prabably do the same, that thing does not look human in any other way so why should have fake skin? Or maybe I was just too pissed off watching this movie to care about that change...

Etsyturtle2
06-16-2016, 07:45 AM

I've read that in the final film, Krang's android body doesn't have any (fake) skin or anything, contrary to what was teased beforehand in the TV spots and trailers. Is that true?

Actually, it was changed in all subsequent ads after the Super Bowl spot. The super bowl spot is the only time we have seen him with the skin.

AquaParade
06-16-2016, 08:19 AM
Who cares? Hardly changes the quality of the movie.

Foombamaroom
06-16-2016, 12:07 PM
This whole movie was a sham.

Sabacooza
06-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Shamwow!!!!!!!!

They won't be getting "stupid rich" off this movie.

Xav
06-16-2016, 02:10 PM
They claimed it was due to difficulty, but signs suggest it has to do with removed plot elements.And what signs are those?

Andrew NDB
06-16-2016, 02:13 PM
Possible its another deleted scene or last minute design change. Since its all CG they could swap it out quickly while the rest of the scene remains unchanged.

I'm thinking maybe they wanted to make Krang's body look even less "human" than it did before to make the hand-chopping by Leo less shocking to the kiddies.

Commenter 42
06-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Actually, it was changed in all subsequent ads after the Super Bowl spot. The super bowl spot is the only time we have seen him with the skin.

Can we just take a moment to talk about that sig?
...on second thought, no let's not.

I imagine Fuller goes home at night and in the darkness, cries himself to sleep, knowing he will never be taken seriously by anyone other than Bay. His life is an endless cycle of remakes; remakes that are always worse than the original.

Perhaps he too is a remake, or a copy of a copy.

or a copy, of a copy....of... a copy.

thundermaster612
06-16-2016, 02:49 PM
Thank you brave souls that smuggled your movie recording devices into the movie theaters and YouTube.

What do you mean? I can't find any (full in movie recorded) clips on YouTube. Have you seen any?

ToTheNines
06-16-2016, 02:55 PM
I really think TigerClaw should be banned if he shares another Brad Fuller interview. Or anything else that likens TMNT adaptations to polishing a turd.

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 03:49 PM
I really think TigerClaw should be banned if he shares another Brad Fuller interview. Or anything else that likens TMNT adaptations to polishing a turd.
You are taking this whole thing rather personally, you should really let it go, everybody else has moved on.

Commenter 42
06-16-2016, 03:53 PM
If TC was a paid plant, I'd be on board. Sadly, we know he's paying to be a plant, which is it's own kind of hell.

NinjaPug
06-16-2016, 04:48 PM

I second this motion

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Seriously ToTheNines needs to let go of this hate, he's acting like a child holding a grudge.

ToTheNines
06-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Look, as nerdy, lame and ultimately meaningless as it is... TMNT is something I'm passionate about.

So you repeatedly propagating filth that has so much contempt for the brand on a forum for TMNT... is frustrating.

Commenter 42
06-16-2016, 05:51 PM
@ TC,

He has a point.

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Look, as nerdy, lame and ultimately meaningless as it is... TMNT is something I'm passionate about.

So you repeatedly propagating filth that has so much contempt for the brand on a forum for TMNT... is frustrating.
There are people that like the Fred Wolf TMNT more then any of the other incarnations, and that's because they grew up with that, your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

And I'm super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related.

NinjaPug
06-16-2016, 06:00 PM
There are people that like the Fred Wolf TMNT more then any of the other incarnations, and that's because they grew up with that, your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

No you're not. You've repeatedly said you didn't like the Mirage books. Also, the fact that you said in another thread that one of your favorite scenes was B&R checking out their junk means you're not super passionate about the Fred Wolf toon.

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 06:03 PM
No you're not. You've repeatedly said you didn't like the Mirage books. Also, the fact that you said in another thread that one of your favorite scenes was B&R checking out their junk means you're not super passionate about the Fred Wolf toon.
I didn't like the mirage books cause of the tone, if your first exposure to TMNT was the cartoon, you have this conception that the mirage comic is like the cartoon, I tried to read it, but wasn't getting into it, so the Archie series books were more my liking, that whole B&R think was just one of the jokes i was amused cause it's so true, I liked everything B&R in it, cause its one of the things I remember the most from Fred Wolf, which I have the most memories of, I have the DVD Box set of the series.

NinjaPug
06-16-2016, 06:07 PM
I didn't like the mirage books cause of the tone, if your first exposure to TMNT was the cartoon, you have this conception that the cartoon is like the mirage comic, I tried to read it, but wasn't getting into it, so the Archie series books were more my liking, that whole B&R think was just one of the jokes i was amused cause it's so true, I liked everything B&R in it, cause its one of the things I remember the most from Fred Wolf, which I have the most memories of.

I know you don't like the Mirage books but you said you were "super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related" - Mirage started in the 80s

Powder
06-16-2016, 06:08 PM

None of this has anything to do with his point, which is that you say you share the opinion of those whose videos you post, & that recently included someone saying "TMNT is basically like polishing a turd anyway" in the context of whether or not their film's quality is of importance.

That is pretty suggestive of your view on the franchise too if it's the sort of thing you would align yourself with.

TigerClaw
06-16-2016, 06:08 PM
I know you don't like the Mirage books but you said you were "super passionate about anything 80s TMNT related" - Mirage started in the 80s
I think you read that wrong, i meant the 80s TMNT as in the cartoons, remember, Fred Wolf is where I discovered it, everything I remember will always lead to that.

Everyone has a frame of reference where they heard TMNT.

thundermaster612
06-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Just go grab a Torrent from and watch away. Anything but pay money for the movie.

Well I just tried to do that and the website shat in my face. CANT THAT ALEJANDRO KID ON YOUTUBE WHO RECORDED CLIPS FROM THE LAST MOVIE DO IT AGAIN? Also didn't the DvD for the first movie come out like 2 or 3 months after the theatrical release? I heard this one's DvD is coming out in October, why not release it early here?

NinjaPug
06-16-2016, 06:20 PM
I think you read that wrong, i meant the 80s TMNT as in the cartoons, remember, Fred Wolf is where I discovered it, everything I remember will always lead to that.

Everyone has a frame of reference where they heard TMNT.

I didn't read anything wrong. You just did a poor job of conveying what you meant.

ToTheNines
06-16-2016, 06:30 PM

Stop saying that. I did not grow up with my favorite version, if I even have one.

Bry
06-16-2016, 07:28 PM
& according to one interview, they didn't have his design (or animation, subsequently) until a week & a half before the first screenings.

That might be the least surprising thing I've read about this movie yet. :trazz:

your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

I grew up with Fred Wolf, and it's not my favourite version. I actually find most of it pretty hard to watch now. It had its moments, but I feel like the majority of the run really hasn't aged well.

I can still appreciate it for what it is, but not everyone clings to nostalgia just because they saw something when they were a kid. And that's good. Tastes should evolve and properties should grow.

Andrew NDB
06-16-2016, 08:17 PM
your favorite version of TMNT is whatever you grew up with, and you will gravitate torward it no matter what.

Yeah, not me either. I grew up with the Fred Wolf crap but grew out of it quick. Luckily it was a gateway drug to TMNT material that is not crap.

slingtheory
06-16-2016, 09:00 PM
Not necessarily. I grew up hard core into the fred Wolfe tmnt and it stopped being my favorite incarnation along time ago. If the 2k3 series hadn't have came out and I'd never discovered the original mirage books I'm positive I'd be no where near as interested in the turtles as I am today. All I'd have is nostalgic memories of a cartoon I used to love that's kinda hard to sit through now

Technogeek29
06-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Mirage and I only found out about that version 4 years ago. I grew up with the OT loved it then, but now I just wish it go away for awhile.

Ninturtle
06-16-2016, 10:49 PM
I haven't read much of Mirage, just the first 12 or so issues and I agree that it's any other turtles version with maybe the exception of IDW.

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 05:12 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet, I just finished downloading the torrent and skimmed through a bit.

And wow, Krang looks terrible. The android body is a complete joke, why even have the nose and eyes if you're gonna screw the whole design up and make it less human looking...

Krang looks bad too and that voice is so distracting and grating.

Commenter 42
06-17-2016, 06:06 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet, I just finished downloading the torrent and skimmed through a bit.

And wow, Krang looks terrible. The android body is a complete joke, why even have the nose and eyes if you're gonna screw the whole design up and make it less human looking...

Krang looks bad too and that voice is so distracting and grating.

How's the quality? Cam?

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 06:17 AM
How's the quality? Cam?

Its a fuzzy cam record, but it's good enough.

I think the Turtles even looks a little better when it's a bit grainy. I'm 57 minutes in, and it's not been a fun ride.

Commenter 42
06-17-2016, 02:26 PM
Its a fuzzy cam record, but it's good enough.

I think the Turtles even looks a little better when it's a bit grainy. I'm 57 minutes in, and it's not been a fun ride.

We'll need a full review. :)

Coola Yagami
06-17-2016, 11:55 PM

Still haven't seen the movie, kinda don't intend to at this point unless someone invites me. So... you're saying Krang (the android body anyway) doesn't look like he does in the trailers, and the toy for that matter?

Powder
06-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Did you read the thread at all? :tlol: You're asking the guy who's asking.

Coola Yagami
06-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Did you read the thread at all? :tlol: You're asking the guy who's asking.

I kinda though since several people here saw the movie (at least all the defenders of it it must have) someone would give us a straight answer by now.

Powder
06-18-2016, 09:05 PM
Literally the third post in the thread, guy.

The face remains, however all other "human skin" parts are gone, including the top half of his head, which they did not simply change- they removed it entirely. Like, it's straight up lopped off, revealing a blue glowing processor or something. The arms & legs are just Transformer-esque. & according to one interview, they didn't have his design (or animation, subsequently) until a week & a half before the first screenings. They claimed it was due to difficulty, but signs suggest it has to do with removed plot elements.

Coola Yagami
06-18-2016, 11:50 PM
Literally the third post in the thread, guy.

Cool. Musta missed that.

TigerClaw
07-02-2016, 01:10 PM
I managed to get a screen capture of what Krang currently looks like in the final film, so you can do a comparison.

Krang from the Trailers

Krang from the actual movie

http://i65.tinypic.com/ev416v.jpg

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh my gosh, they lobotomized Krang's poor robot body! :o

Candy Kappa
07-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Iirc he did have a dome on his noggin' when Krang and Shredder met the first time after the teleportation scene. And then it's gone the next time we see him.

Shellington
07-02-2016, 04:20 PM
The absence of the head raises a question: why would a robot body that's simply used to house an alien being have a head? What would be the need for the head to begin with?

The Utroms and Krangs in the 2003 and 2012 TMNT shows used it for effective disguise, but the 87 Krang and this Krang didn't bother with that. So yeah, I can see why it could be disposed of.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 05:14 PM
I managed to get a screen capture of what Krang currently looks like in the final film, so you can do a comparison.

Krang from the Trailers

Krang from the actual movie

http://i65.tinypic.com/ev416v.jpg

OMG WTF. Honestly, what are these idiots thinking, if we even call it that?

TrickOrTreater
07-02-2016, 07:48 PM
The absence of the head raises a question: why would a robot body that's simply used to house an alien being have a head? What would be the need for the head to begin with?

The Utroms and Krangs in the 2003 and 2012 TMNT shows used it for effective disguise, but the 87 Krang and this Krang didn't bother with that. So yeah, I can see why it could be disposed of.

I'll bet you do.

Technogeek29
07-02-2016, 08:24 PM

If they want to go the IDW route and have Krang use a hollowed out body that is one reason he would still have the head. Not pointed at you but who was the guy fighting me in February over this looking similar to IDW Krang?

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 08:27 PM

How's the weather in Zambia?

Andrew NDB
07-07-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking maybe they wanted to make Krang's body look even less "human" than it did before to make the hand-chopping by Leo less shocking to the kiddies.

I'm still thinking this is the reason. Looking at that side-by-side above, there seems to have been a concerted effort to robotize him and de-humanize him as much as possible.

ProactiveMan
07-07-2016, 06:38 PM
I dunno, he still has a nose. I suspect there is a missing scene where his phoney skin gets trashed or something like that.

IndigoErth
07-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Oh god... cut out a scene of the Turtles lopping the top of the android's head off at about eyebrow level. That would be an image. lol

And just like that Leo has made the film R rated. :tlol: Commence Leo being shocked for the first time since Mirage that his swords actually work that way. lol

Interesting comparison though, via the pics TigerClaw posted. Mouth hydraulics were...and interesting choice.

ProactiveMan
07-08-2016, 03:16 AM
If you look closely under the visor there is a ragged edge of skin still there.