PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about plus sized clothes?

Papenbrook
06-16-2016, 09:53 PM
I don't think that the clothing (for people who are plus sized) have concrete sizes, at least in terms of height and body proportions.

The creation of plus-sized clothing doesn't really on exact height and body type. Instead, the methods are usually based on estimates and/or average height.

I think plus-sized clothes should have an accurate sizing system in place.

IndigoErth
06-16-2016, 10:16 PM
If you're talking about women's clothing... I can't speak from experience with plus sizes other than buying gifts for my sister, but believe me, it happens with all sizes. At least here in the U.S. we don't really have much of a standard in dimensions, companies just seem to do what they want.

Most of the time I take a medium in tops, but one I recently bought from Target ran large enough that the extra small fit just fine, yet there are other brands that run so small that I've had to go with a large. There is no real standard.

I wish our pant sizes were like men's, with waist x inseam numbers. Guys get to go by actual sizing... we get a random number that can vary by brand and companies sometimes do use that to their advantage to manipulate the buyer.

I'm just grateful that if I'm thinking of buying something for my sister and it runs in sizes for both of us then I can take into account if my usual size seems like it runs small, typical, or bigger than usual, and then the other sizes no doubt do, too, so I have a better idea of what to get her.

snake
06-16-2016, 10:16 PM
They exist. Fat people need clothes too.

Powder
06-16-2016, 10:33 PM
So how fat are you?

Papenbrook
06-16-2016, 10:46 PM
So, what size are you?

I don't know. There are various clothing brands that have a distinct sizing system. I could be a size twelve in one brand, but a size eight in another. Plus, I am a petite person, being measured at 5'2''.

So, it's hard to tell basically.

Powder
06-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Please don't change what I wrote, it triggers me.

snake
06-16-2016, 10:50 PM
petite

I don't think you're using that word correctly

plastroncafe
06-16-2016, 10:53 PM
No, they are.
Petite is a measure of height, and someone 5'2" is petite.

There's nothing wrong with plus-sized clothing, it's vanity sizing that sucks.

Cure
06-16-2016, 10:54 PM
They're fun to make into tents.

Papenbrook
06-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Please don't change what I wrote, it triggers me.

I am sorry if that triggered you.

However, you could have used a term that is not disparaging. The word "fat" is offensive to people who happen to be plus-sized.

Powder
06-16-2016, 11:11 PM
As a 300 lb person, kindly piss off & stop speaking for us fat people.

CyberCubed
06-16-2016, 11:12 PM
As someone who is only 5'6'' in height and only weighs a little over 130 pounds, I can shop in the teen section if I wanted to.

Commenter 42
06-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Cybercubed is Petite.

Papenbrook
06-16-2016, 11:46 PM
As a 300 lb person, kindly piss off & stop speaking for us fat people.

I just have to ask, Powder.

Why do you have to use such a pejorative word to describe yourself (and other people)? Does it not go against your progressive beliefs?

Seriously, what would you gain from that?

snake
06-16-2016, 11:56 PM
No, they are.
Petite is a measure of height, and someone 5'2" is petite.

There's nothing wrong with plus-sized clothing, it's vanity sizing that sucks.

Really? I always thought it was height and a small figure/frame

snake
06-16-2016, 11:58 PM

Why do you have to use such a pejorative word to describe yourself (and other people)? Does it not go against your progressive beliefs?

stop #fatshaming Powder

Why do you hate fat people so much you don't even want to use the word. HUH PAPPY? HUH? YOU GOT SOMETHIN' AGAINST YOUR OWN KIND?

plastroncafe
06-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Really? I always thought it was height and a small figure/frame

The Gap defines it as someone 5'4" and under.
Though their sizes only appear to go up to 14 in that range.
Take of that as you will.

Electric
06-17-2016, 12:39 AM
Couple things:

One, petite does not refer to height solely. It means having a small, dainty build.

Two, like someone else said, this issue happens in all sizes. Theyre not catered to different heights. Being 6'2" 180 lbs, medium shirts fit the best, but are always too short, where as large shirts are perfect length, but baggy.
Also depends on brands, like I just found one in which I had to buy a small size, as the medium was giant.

Third, this thread needs to be locked

Powder
06-17-2016, 12:46 AM

It's just a descriptive term you damn sissy. Fat, hairy, pale, I have no reason to take offense from terms that aptly describe me, because I am a relatively sane, mature, & logical adult.

Pejorative, progressive, it's like you're marking off boxes on the SJW buzzword checklist. Think for yourself once in a while, peanut.

TCRI
06-17-2016, 02:19 AM
2 years ago I was 300 pounds - about 175 now, 6'3".

From experience the margins for error increase as clothes (your fatness) increase.

Now I buy t-shirts in small, jumpers in medium. Most of the time I don't need to try them on first. They fit fine.

And clothes last longer in normal size. No more wearing the crotch away in jeans :D

Seriously deciding to loose the fat was the best decision I ever made. As a 30 year old - I wish I did it sooner... It's not hard. Honest! The only hard, time-consuming part is weight training and getting very lean/ripped. Leangains FTW!

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 04:45 AM
We need clothes too, that's how I feel about plus-size clothes. Man, this was thread worthy.

ToTheNines
06-17-2016, 07:02 AM
Pappy, I thought we agreed you were going to retire at 666 posts. *sigh*

Any ways, what in your demented head made you think this needed to be a thread? All body types run into inconsistent sizing. Even my shoe size varies by manufacturer.

Cybercubed is Petite.

Post of thread. With Powder in close second.

Etsyturtle2
06-17-2016, 07:21 AM
As someone who is only 5'6'' in height and only weighs a little over 130 pounds, I can shop in the teen section if I wanted to.

Dude! We're like the same size!

TheSkeletonMan939
06-17-2016, 07:39 AM
Papen, I thought you said you'd stop making stupid threads.

Anyway, I like plus-sized clothes because it means the fatties of the world can be dressed too.

The word "fat" is offensive to people who happen to be plus-sized.

I'm not fat, but if I were, someone calling me "plus-sized" would trigger me.

snake
06-17-2016, 07:58 AM
I can shop in the teen section if I wanted to.
You should. Those groupies would be all over you man. You're already a celebirty, gotta cash in on that.

Mew
06-17-2016, 10:50 AM
You should. Those groupies would be all over you man. You're already a celebirty, gotta cash in on that.
The Teen section had a TMNT movie shirt at Walmart. Like, the 2007 movie branded 2015!

Papenbrook
06-17-2016, 11:17 AM
When I made this thread, I never intended to start conflict/drama. I just wanted people to discuss the inconsistencies that come with wearing plus-sized clothes. Any conflict that may have ensued is purely coincidental.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Any conflict that may have ensued is purely coincidental.

Yeah, just like how Mew and stupid threads being in the same place at the same time is a "coincidence."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Oh, the humanity... this thread is burning down quicker than the Hindenberg.

Papenbrook
06-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Any ways, what in your demented head made you think this needed to be a thread? All body types run into inconsistent sizing. Even my shoe size varies by manufacturer.

I guess I should have made a thread about inconsistent sizing as a whole.

Yeah, just like how Mew and stupid threads being in the same place at the same time is a "coincidence."

This wasn't a stupid thread.

As a result of my previous posts/threads, almost everyone thinks that I am instigating. That wasn't/ isn't my intention. I just made a thread about inaccurate clothing sizes.

Oh, the humanity... this thread is burning down quicker than the Hindenberg.

What...what does this post have to do with this thread?

Edit: Now that I have looked up the reference, I realized that you were using a plane crash (that killed many people) to describe the state of this thread.

Stop using tragedies as your own personal joke. It's not cool, dude.

plastroncafe
06-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Yeah...but you've got to know your audience.
The 'Drome isn't a community, it's a shouting match.

TurtleTitan97
06-17-2016, 12:00 PM
This wasn't a stupid thread.

That's a matter of opinion.

ToTheNines
06-17-2016, 12:03 PM
VMnjF1O4eH0

Papenbrook
06-17-2016, 12:17 PM
That's a matter of opinion.

Isn't calling this thread "stupid" also a matter of opinion?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-17-2016, 12:44 PM
What...what does this post have to do with this thread?

Edit: Now that I have looked up the reference, I realized that you were using a plane crash (that killed many people) to describe the state of this thread.

Stop using tragedies as your own personal joke. It's not cool, dude.

I was not making a joke; I was making a very serious and very real comment regarding the accelerated collapse of civility, tolerance, and friendship that occurs all too regularly on this forum.

It seems that politeness and a "live and let live" attitude are all too rare these days.

Also, hydrogen is dangerous.

Autbot_Benz
06-17-2016, 01:01 PM
I was not making a joke; I was making a very serious and very real comment regarding the accelerated collapse of civility, tolerance, and friendship that occurs all too regularly on this forum.

It seems that politeness and a "live and let live" attitude are all too rare these days.

Also, hydrogen is dangerous.

Don't make pappen angry you wouldn't like her when she is angry

http://i.imgur.com/tgeiUQ3.gif :lol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-17-2016, 01:06 PM
Don't make pappen angry you wouldn't like her when she is angry

http://i.imgur.com/tgeiUQ3.gif :lol:

Hey, man, I'm trying to calm everybody down and promote peace and friendship. And also remind people that chemistry is dangerous if you don't understand it properly.

Of course, chemistry is also dangerous if you DO understand it properly; just look at Walter White, formerly of Albuquerque, New Mexico...

plastroncafe
06-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Man, I wish that happened to me when I was triggered.
Instead I either get a panic attack or go into a dis associative state.

Clearly I got the short end of the PTSD stick.

The Deadman
06-17-2016, 01:24 PM

Remember when you made a thread talking about how you were immature and would start controversy because of things that may or may not of offended you? You're doing it again.

Fat isnt an offensive term...now if you were going around talking about how obese someone was....that could piss somebody off.

Electric
06-17-2016, 02:08 PM
*channeling inner CyberCubed*

This thread needs to be locked.