PDA

View Full Version : Third film or reboot?

LeotheLateBloomer
06-17-2016, 11:02 AM
So with OotS failure at box office, do you think we'll see either a third film or a reboot?

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Reboot, I really hope we get a reboot.

Preferably by someone else then Platinum Dunes.

plastroncafe
06-17-2016, 01:01 PM
If Spider-man can get a reboot every few years, surely the turtles can too.

neatoman
06-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Does anyone even want a third film?

IndigoErth
06-17-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm not even sure. I'd like future reboots either way, but I'm afraid a reboot would take longer to happen after this than I'd like, and darn it I don't want to be 'old' by then.

Yet a third is sounding rather iffy now, given the numbers.

I suppose if a third happened they'd have to already have something up their sleeve that they really wanted to do badly enough (or continue with - because talk about a waste of time and effort even creating a Technodrome and Krang that's hardly used) and be willing to take this blow and reevaluate what they're doing and try just once more. But people who mostly just see dollar signs... I can't see how they'd even be willing to.

Then again, I wish the passionate, serious people would stay behind while the money focused decide to bail out, and bring in better, who want better, to replace them. If only.

A little sore that they didn't replace the writers and get people who could write a very solid story. I don't really care about the rest of it, but I'm sad for these Turtles that they got just this ONE time to be focused on and have a better performance and that may be it for them. Rather unfair. They got gypped right alongside us, in large part thanks to the prior film.

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 01:04 PM
TMNT2OotS already felt like a Experience Bij test, I can't phantom how a third PD movie would be.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-17-2016, 01:06 PM

Why was Spiderman rebooted? Weren't the early-2000's films successful?

plastroncafe
06-17-2016, 01:10 PM

As I understand it, if more films weren't made Sony would lose the film rights to Disney.

The Deadman
06-17-2016, 01:10 PM

Spider-Man 3 being terrible is what caused the reboots.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-17-2016, 01:11 PM

This. Spiderman didn't need a reboot anywhere near as badly as the TMNT do.

06-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Spider-Man 3 being terrible is what caused the reboots.

Do producers really care for such things as long as a film brings at least the money it's excepted to make?

The Deadman
06-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Do producers really care for such things as long as a film brings at least the money it's excepted to make?

Yes. Batman & Robin made almost 240 million worldwide but was hated by virtually everyone and was the cause of Triumphant getting canned thus leading into the Bale Batman reboot.

06-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Yes. Batman & Robin made almost 240 million worldwide but was hated by virtually everyone and was the cause of Triumphant getting canned thus leading into the Bale Batman reboot.

According to Wikipedia, Batman & Robin is from 1997 and then Batman Begins in 2005. At least eight years between.

The Deadman
06-17-2016, 01:49 PM
According to Wikipedia, Batman & Robin is from 1997 and then Batman Begins in 2005. At least eight years between.

There was a movie inbetween them called Triumphant that was canned because of the negative reaction to the Clooney one.

beeshaw
06-17-2016, 01:53 PM

They do when they lose Raimi and Toby over the **** show they went through on number 3.

Bry
06-17-2016, 01:53 PM
http://www.awkwardgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ReBoot-Cast.gif

Sorry, guys. This series is a lost cause. Just start over with new producers and creators.

(Also, hey, bring back ReBoot while you're at it!)

Quality > quantity. I'd gladly wait 8 years for a good movie if the alternative is more Platinum Dunes.

beeshaw
06-17-2016, 01:54 PM
(Also, hey, bring back ReBoot while you're at it!)

They are!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/reboot-of-reboot-officially-coming-to-tv-with-26-new-episodes-1.3104830

And I vote for reboot, as much as I enjoyed the boys as the Turtles themselves.

06-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Or, if no reboot, why not create something linking the turtles and Splinter to Hamato Yoshi somehow?

Powder
06-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Anybody ever see the film Ninja Assassin? Copy that movie, change the character names, & switch out the human protag with 4 mutant turtles. Done.

Sabacooza
06-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Anybody ever see the film Ninja Assassin? Copy that movie, change the character names, & switch out the human protag with 4 mutant turtles. Done.I was just thinking about that movie today at work and thought wouldn't it be amazing if TMNT was treated like that. The ninja in that movie were eerie, and threatening as hell. That's the way I'd want the foot clan to be.

Powder
06-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Yeah, it's a favorite of mine. I always thought it'd make a great blueprint for a TMNT film, but never more so than having watched it a few weeks after OOTS.

You've got the ninja clan origin flashbacks every so often, the cycle of revenge aspect, training/stealth sequences, a young woman investigating who gets caught in the mix & saved/befriended by the titular ninja, a police force who walks the fence, super creepy/violent shadow dwelling ninjas, a little dash of realistic humor that doesn't break the flow, it really has that perfect turtles formula. Interestingly, I noticed this time around that two of the musical cues are really similar to Shredder's Suite & Tokka/Rahzar's theme. Pairing that with how the story beats compare I have to wonder if its creative team wasn't a big fan of TMNT.

Candy Kappa
06-17-2016, 07:28 PM
Anybody ever see the film Ninja Assassin? Copy that movie, change the character names, & switch out the human protag with 4 mutant turtles. Done.

YES!

That would have been so sweet.

TrickOrTreater
06-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Reboot, full stop. Kick Platinum Dunce(I'm so funny and clever) right the f*ck out and hire actually talented people.

Redesign, recast, reboot.

Xav
06-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Spider-Man 3 being terrible is what caused the reboots.That has nothing to do with it. Spider-Man 3 made a boatload of money. It was rebooted because Rami couldn't get the script together in time for a fourth film.

Leolead
06-17-2016, 09:36 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Spider-Man 3 made a boatload of money. It was rebooted because Rami couldn't get the script together in time for a fourth film.
And TASM2 caused a reboot because of the leaked emails.

Anyway, REBOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Andrew NDB
06-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Ninja Assassin-esque is probably an unrealistic hope, even if we get a Mirage back-to-basics film reboot. But it would be cool.

Commenter 42
06-17-2016, 10:12 PM
TMNT should be a live action series, not a feature film; the films are in too much of a rush. A full season on Netflix is in order.

oldmanwinters
06-17-2016, 10:16 PM
Transformers crossover! Let's do it! What's left to lose at this point?

TrickOrTreater
06-17-2016, 11:17 PM

Brain cells.

So many brain cells.

oldmanwinters
06-17-2016, 11:38 PM
Brain cells.

So many brain cells.

I sat through T4 in theatres. At some point, I just had to start closing my eyes and covering my ears. It came close to becoming physically painful.

TrickOrTreater
06-17-2016, 11:39 PM
I sat through T4 in theatres. At some point, I just had to start closing my eyes and covering my ears. It came close to becoming physically painful.

You're a stronger person than me.

I stopped after 2.

Jephael
06-17-2016, 11:43 PM
I kinda want a third movie just to see what they come up with next. The freaky designs of the Turtles have grown on me. Hell, I even liked Megan Fox as April this time around.

DarkFell
06-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Personally, I would love to see Steve Barron come back to direct the TMNT movies again.

Andrew NDB
06-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Personally, I would love to see Steve Barron come back to direct the TMNT movies again.

Not me. He isn't big enough these days to not be a studio puppet. And studio puppet he would be.

Jephael
06-17-2016, 11:58 PM
If they were to bring back Mr. Barron, I'd like it if they could go back to the continuity of the original live action films and show those Turtles 50 years or so later, like a sort of "Future Turtles" storyline.

Electric
06-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Wow, Ive avoided this part of the drome for awhile after the results of the first movie, now I see why.

I honestly liked the movie. The first one wasnt good, but I think the second one did a lot right. The turtles designs without all the extra junk (chest guard, sunglasses, toothpick, random garb) are solid and the faces of the turtles are really expressive, which i thought was one of the best aspects. I would love to see a third movie, where they can really develop the now existing characters. The first introduced the turtles, splinter, shredder, and april, the second introduced krang, casey and bebop and rocksteady. I think a third movie could really do well now that theyve gotten everything established.

I would hate to see a reboot, because I imagine that would take a very long time, with redesigning and recasting everything, and then wed have to go through another introduction to everyone again

Commenter 42
06-18-2016, 01:19 AM
lol...."I liked the new film...."
https://m.popkey.co/f04a6d/ygGOx.gif

06-18-2016, 06:18 AM

Who'll Megan Fox play then?

neatoman
06-18-2016, 06:30 AM

Well that's simple, April's dad had a photo of Mikaela when he drew her with the magic pen.

Technogeek29
06-18-2016, 06:47 AM

I stopped after 2.

I gave up after that one, at the very least 1 was decent and the only one worth watching if you decide to give these movies a chance.

Leolead
06-18-2016, 07:05 AM
"I liked the new film" And I wanted a Mirage adaption. Life ain't fair.

Etsyturtle2
06-18-2016, 07:48 AM
This needs to be a trilogy! PLEASE PLEASE

Bry
06-18-2016, 09:13 AM

I stopped after 2.

I stopped at 1 and I'm feelin' smug.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rIq6ASPIqo2k0/giphy.gif

Though I'll admit, I actually didn't mind the first one... at first. I got caught in that low expectations trap. Thought, "It's only a Transformers movie, I should just turn my brain off and go with it". Sound familiar? :tlol:

Then I tried to re-watch it a little while later and... just couldn't. It's pretty awful. I get that it's the "best" of the bunch, but it's still a really lousy movie by any other standard. And subject matter ain't an excuse -- bad movies are bad movies, no matter what they're about.

I would love to see a third movie, where they can really develop the now existing characters. The first introduced the turtles, splinter, shredder, and april, the second introduced krang, casey and bebop and rocksteady. I think a third movie could really do well now that theyve gotten everything established.

Except that's what they could have done this time, and they didn't bother. If they haven't properly developed the, what, 13 characters in the mix after two movies... what makes you so confident they'll do that next time?

I would hate to see a reboot, because I imagine that would take a very long time, with redesigning and recasting everything, and then wed have to go through another introduction to everyone again

And it's totally your prerogative to feel that way. If you're satisfied with these movies, then more power to you. But... for me, for a lot of us, it's worth the wait for a reboot if they'll get it right this time. IMO, they didn't design, cast, or introduce any of these characters well at all in this series, and it's highly unlikely they can build anything actually good on such a crummy foundation, so it's not a negative if they throw all of that out and start over. It's not like there's much worth keeping, at least to me. A total do-over with new producers/writers/etc at least has the potential to be good, and I think by now that we've seen all that these writers/producers are capable of and/or willing to do.

oldmanwinters
06-18-2016, 09:38 AM

Well that's simple, April's dad had a photo of Mikaela when he drew her with the magic pen.

Yes and Yes.
:trazz:

Leolead
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Mikaela was pretty hot. Even you guys have to admit it.

TurtleTitan97
06-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Meh, the actress who played the humanoid Decepticon in RoF was hotter.

Electric
06-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Bry,
I can respect that. However, I think the turtles are voice casted perfectly, and really enjoy the designs, so I'd hate to see that go to waste now. The first movie had errors with them, but they fixed it, in my opinion, in the second. Some of the human casting I'll give you isn't the best.

But if they reboot the series they risk making some of the same Errors all over again, designs, casting and all.

I'd love to see a third movie in this series to draw it to a close, then would love to have it rebooted.

IndigoErth
06-18-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd love to see a third movie in this series to draw it to a close
*nod* Despite the flaws and better judgement... (Though I don't want anymore bad treatment of it.)

The villain plot was so weak on this one and so terribly anticlimactic, I can't shake the feeling of it being a stupid cliffhanger that may never be resolved. Bugging the heck out of me.

I wish someone GOOD could just take over, shove the idiots aside, and just make one that resolves all that before it moves on.

Mulder
06-18-2016, 02:30 PM
I stopped at 1 and I'm feelin' smug.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rIq6ASPIqo2k0/giphy.gif

Though I'll admit, I actually didn't mind the first one... at first. I got caught in that low expectations trap. Thought, "It's only a Transformers movie, I should just turn my brain off and go with it". Sound familiar? :tlol:

Then I tried to re-watch it a little while later and... just couldn't. It's pretty awful. I get that it's the "best" of the bunch, but it's still a really lousy movie by any other standard. And subject matter ain't an excuse -- bad movies are bad movies, no matter what they're about.

Except that's what they could have done this time, and they didn't bother. If they haven't properly developed the, what, 13 characters in the mix after two movies... what makes you so confident they'll do that next time?

And it's totally your prerogative to feel that way. If you're satisfied with these movies, then more power to you. But... for me, for a lot of us, it's worth the wait for a reboot if they'll get it right this time. IMO, they didn't design, cast, or introduce any of these characters well at all in this series, and it's highly unlikely they can build anything actually good on such a crummy foundation, so it's not a negative if they throw all of that out and start over. It's not like there's much worth keeping, at least to me. A total do-over with new producers/writers/etc at least has the potential to be good, and I think by now that we've seen all that these writers/producers are capable of and/or willing to do.
A lot of Transformers subject material is smart af. Hell the technical original Transformers property ((The Marvel comic)) was smart af. Using the 80s show as what Transformers should be is like using the Fred Wolf TMNT show as what TMNT should be.

Filespit
06-18-2016, 04:26 PM
I haven't seen OotS yet, but my vote is already for a reboot. They made a big mess with the first one and have obviously tried to correct a few things with OotS, but there is no stable foundation so why even bother with a third one.

Personally, I'd like a much darker reboot, but not a complete adaptation of the Mirage comics as I believe TMNT still needs to be fun and not TOO dark. The IDW comics might work as an inspiration, they're doing a great job with that story. I'm dreaming of a movie where we have some real ninja action, hell they're ninjas after all! I want me some stealth stuff and cool martial art fighting scenes, like they have in the Matrix (but without the super jumps!). I also think it'd be cool if the Turtles actually spoke japanese, when they speak to Splinter at least.

Utrommaniac
06-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Both!

Have the third movie be its own universe, but starting where OOTS left off. Just a new cast and new crew, following some of the same steps...but with them making sense.

Tora
06-18-2016, 06:16 PM
I'd be down for a Netflix semi mature TMNT 2d animated mini series based on the IDW Comics.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
06-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Is it too much to hope for a complete reboot for the next movie?

Electric
06-18-2016, 11:44 PM
*nod* Despite the flaws and better judgement... (Though I don't want anymore bad treatment of it.)

The villain plot was so weak on this one and so terribly anticlimactic, I can't shake the feeling of it being a stupid cliffhanger that may never be resolved. Bugging the heck out of me.

I wish someone GOOD could just take over, shove the idiots aside, and just make one that resolves all that before it moves on.

Yep, I want some closure. The first sucked, they fixed some errors in the second, but my thought is theyre in it now. Theyve got all the characters they need, bring it all back around. Unfreeze Shredder, Krang comes back, Turtles, April and Casey take him down. A final fight between Shredder and them to end it. If they want to throw in a few extra characters, like fly baxter or rahzar/tokka, sure, just dont go off on some new villain plot. Wrap everything up, and continue to make the changes they made in OOtS, so that it can finish on a strong note.

I would be very irritated if this series left off with Shredder frozen with no fight, Krang pledging to come back, Casey having just befriended the turtles, and with the turtles in no different place than they really were at the very start (yeah sure the police know they exist now, but thats not much)

Also, while a reboot in the near future would be nice, I really would question anyone attempting to do that very soon if they cant pull this series together for a third movie. Yeah sure, Spiderman got rebooted twice quickly after two flops, but the second one specifically was because Marvel already has this powerhouse of a movie verse and spidey fit right in.
Someone already said it, but the 2014 movie was where it needed to hit right, because it was at a prime. If they cant come together to get this third movie out, I feel like no one would want to come back to a TMNT movie immediately, because its prime has passed. Think the Last Airbender (which was complete garbage compared to I think both the first and second TMNT movies). It had a prime time, it got butchered so that no one wanted to continue it, and now at this point theyve just left it alone. No sequel, no reboot.

Coola Yagami
06-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Just reboot it. The origin can be glazed over in a few seconds. Like Spider-Man in Civil War. No need to draw it out, they were normal turtles that got in contact with ooze. The end. Move on. It could even be done during the opening narration to get it over with.

ZariusTwo
06-19-2016, 03:40 AM
Just reboot it. The origin can be glazed over in a few seconds. Like Spider-Man in Civil War. No need to draw it out, they were normal turtles that got in contact with ooze. The end. Move on. It could even be done during the opening narration to get it over with.

TMNT 2007 did that. Still underperformed.

Incredible Hulk did that. Still underperformed.

TrickOrTreater
06-19-2016, 06:25 AM

The Turtles' origins can be glossed over a bit, definitely.

But for something different and VERY welcome, I say we go devote some time at the beginning of the movie or even sprinkled throughout like Season 1 of Daredevil to Hamato Yoshi's and Oroku Saki's origins. Since that's kinda where this whole thing started.

Start out the movie, in the past in Japan, with them as mostly friendly rivals, with Yoshi always besting Saki. Tang Shen enters the picture, they both love her, she shows more interest in Hamato.

Cut to doing stuff with the Turtles in present time. Shredder shows up, Foot Clan shenanigans, the works. Also Purple Dragons doing low level crime stuff.

Cut back to Japan and Saki and Yoshi's training. Saki is getting more and more jealous of Yoshi and Shen's relationship, and is getting more and more violent when sparring. They have it out, and part ways as friends.

Cut back to Turtles time. Turtles f*ck up some Purple Dragon and then major Foot Clan operations, pissing Shredder off, so he decides to take some Elite Foot Ninjas and go take care of it himself.

Cut back to the past in Japan. Yoshi and Shen are getting ready to start a life together, with Yoshi's pet rat Splinter. A masked intruder with blades on his hands and forearms breaks in. A fight ensues, Splinter's cage is busted open, and he gets out. Yoshi manages to rip the mask from the intruder's face and it's revealed to be Saki. In a quick motion while Yoshi is stunned for a split second, he grabs Shen, holding a blade to her throat. "If I can't have her..." that whole thing, and kills her, then busts through a nearby window and into darkness, leaving Yoshi and Splinter to mourn.

Present day. Shredder and his Elite have tracked the Turtles to the lair. Splinter is meditating, Turtles are just settling in to relax a bit. Pizza, tv, etc. BOOM. Small explosion knocking out a wall, smoke bomb tossed in. Turtles are a little dazed, but Splinter's voice snaps them out of it. Elite ninjas leap in and each take on a Turtle. Shredder saunters in slowly, emerging from DARKNESS(not light, that'd be stupid). Shredder and Splinter face each other as the Turtles and the Elite fight, Turtles have learned from the best so they're gaining the edge. Shredder starts in, "You and your freaks have caused me enough trouble" etc. Splinter remains silent. He tosses his walking stick aside(like a badass), and they both begin fighting. Splinter is caught slightly unaware at Shredder's savagery at first, but the pure skill Splinter learned and kept from his Master serves him well. He lands a very bad blow with his lower paw on Shredder's head, knocking the helmet and mask from him and sending it clattering to the ground. Shredder stands back up, Splinter at the ready, and Shredder reveals his face. Splinter instantly flashes back to an apartment he, as a normal rat, lived in with his Master Yoshi. Yoshi comes in with a small glass bowl and sets it next to Splinter's cage. It's four little turtles, splashing around a bit in their water. "Look what I brought home, Splinter. Four little ones for you to look after." He let Splinter out of his cage to get a better look. Splinter looks at them, head tilt, looks up at Yoshi, back at the Turtles, almost lovingly. Yoshi places the bowl at the window, to get some of the last few rays of sunlight before it set. CRASH, an armed masked intruder comes smashing through the door of Yoshi's apartment. They fight, the intruder sadly gains the upper hand, and reveals himself to be Saki, right before delivering the final blow. Splinter, out of his cage, leaps at Saki's face, clawing and scratching. Saki rips Splinter off him and tosses him into the glass bowl, out the window and down into an alley. Splinter gathers them and finds a storm drain, hiding with them inside it, wrapping his body around them to keep them warm.

Then we instantly hard cut back to a shocked Splinter's face in present day, and he shouts in surprise "OROKU SAKI?!" Which makes everybody in the place freeze at a complete stand still, Turtles, Elite Ninja and Shredder alike. Shredder is taken aback that this humanoid mutant rat knows his full name, but then begins to realize, bring his hand slowly up to touch the scars on his face, exactly who this is. Gaining the upper hand from the surprise and distraction, Shredder lands a bad blow on Splinter, and from there delivers several more. He grabs Splinter and threatens to kill him if the Turtles do not lay down their weapons and surrender. They hesitate for a moment, but Splinter is out cold and there are two razor sharp blades against his throat. Picturing in an instant moments in their lives while Splinter was raising them, loving them, and they all do, and all are taken. Once they're gone, Shredder throws Splinter into a wall, picks up his helmet and mask, puts them on and goes to leave, and before leaving he says something to the effect of "I look forward to taking everything away from you once more" and disappears.

Splinter dreams about raising the boys from little baby Turtles in the meantime, and is woken later by April and Casey. Epic rescue and then Shredder taken down ensues.

That's how I'd do it, at least. In a quick 30 minute first draft at 6 am.

oldmanwinters
06-19-2016, 06:53 AM
TMNT 2007 did that. Still underperformed.

Incredible Hulk did that. Still underperformed.

I'm sensing a definite bias against green characters in this country.

Movies featuring blue characters, on the other hand, seem to sell tickets like hotcakes.

Leolead
06-19-2016, 07:23 AM
The Turtles' origins can be glossed over a bit, definitely.

But for something different and VERY welcome, I say we go devote some time at the beginning of the movie or even sprinkled throughout like Season 1 of Daredevil to Hamato Yoshi's and Oroku Saki's origins. Since that's kinda where this whole thing started.

Start out the movie, in the past in Japan, with them as mostly friendly rivals, with Yoshi always besting Saki. Tang Shen enters the picture, they both love her, she shows more interest in Hamato.

Cut to doing stuff with the Turtles in present time. Shredder shows up, Foot Clan shenanigans, the works. Also Purple Dragons doing low level crime stuff.

Cut back to Japan and Saki and Yoshi's training. Saki is getting more and more jealous of Yoshi and Shen's relationship, and is getting more and more violent when sparring. They have it out, and part ways as friends.

Cut back to Turtles time. Turtles f*ck up some Purple Dragon and then major Foot Clan operations, pissing Shredder off, so he decides to take some Elite Foot Ninjas and go take care of it himself.

Cut back to the past in Japan. Yoshi and Shen are getting ready to start a life together, with Yoshi's pet rat Splinter. A masked intruder with blades on his hands and forearms breaks in. A fight ensues, Splinter's cage is busted open, and he gets out. Yoshi manages to rip the mask from the intruder's face and it's revealed to be Saki. In a quick motion while Yoshi is stunned for a split second, he grabs Shen, holding a blade to her throat. "If I can't have her..." that whole thing, and kills her, then busts through a nearby window and into darkness, leaving Yoshi and Splinter to mourn.

Present day. Shredder and his Elite have tracked the Turtles to the lair. Splinter is meditating, Turtles are just settling in to relax a bit. Pizza, tv, etc. BOOM. Small explosion knocking out a wall, smoke bomb tossed in. Turtles are a little dazed, but Splinter's voice snaps them out of it. Elite ninjas leap in and each take on a Turtle. Shredder saunters in slowly, emerging from DARKNESS(not light, that'd be stupid). Shredder and Splinter face each other as the Turtles and the Elite fight, Turtles have learned from the best so they're gaining the edge. Shredder starts in, "You and your freaks have caused me enough trouble" etc. Splinter remains silent. He tosses his walking stick aside(like a badass), and they both begin fighting. Splinter is caught slightly unaware at Shredder's savagery at first, but the pure skill Splinter learned and kept from his Master serves him well. He lands a very bad blow with his lower paw on Shredder's head, knocking the helmet and mask from him and sending it clattering to the ground. Shredder stands back up, Splinter at the ready, and Shredder reveals his face. Splinter instantly flashes back to an apartment he, as a normal rat, lived in with his Master Yoshi. Yoshi comes in with a small glass bowl and sets it next to Splinter's cage. It's four little turtles, splashing around a bit in their water. "Look what I brought home, Splinter. Four little ones for you to look after." He let Splinter out of his cage to get a better look. Splinter looks at them, head tilt, looks up at Yoshi, back at the Turtles, almost lovingly. Yoshi places the bowl at the window, to get some of the last few rays of sunlight before it set. CRASH, an armed masked intruder comes smashing through the door of Yoshi's apartment. They fight, the intruder sadly gains the upper hand, and reveals himself to be Saki, right before delivering the final blow. Splinter, out of his cage, leaps at Saki's face, clawing and scratching. Saki rips Splinter off him and tosses him into the glass bowl, out the window and down into an alley. Splinter gathers them and finds a storm drain, hiding with them inside it, wrapping his body around them to keep them warm.

Then we instantly hard cut back to a shocked Splinter's face in present day, and he shouts in surprise "OROKU SAKI?!" Which makes everybody in the place freeze at a complete stand still, Turtles, Elite Ninja and Shredder alike. Shredder is taken aback that this humanoid mutant rat knows his full name, but then begins to realize, bring his hand slowly up to touch the scars on his face, exactly who this is. Gaining the upper hand from the surprise and distraction, Shredder lands a bad blow on Splinter, and from there delivers several more. He grabs Splinter and threatens to kill him if the Turtles do not lay down their weapons and surrender. They hesitate for a moment, but Splinter is out cold and there are two razor sharp blades against his throat. Picturing in an instant moments in their lives while Splinter was raising them, loving them, and they all do, and all are taken. Once they're gone, Shredder throws Splinter into a wall, picks up his helmet and mask, puts them on and goes to leave, and before leaving he says something to the effect of "I look forward to taking everything away from you once more" and disappears.

Splinter dreams about raising the boys from little baby Turtles in the meantime, and is woken later by April and Casey. Epic rescue and then Shredder taken down ensues.

That's how I'd do it, at least. In a quick 30 minute first draft at 6 am.
Viacom -- get this guy as the writer for 'TMNT' please.

ZariusTwo
06-19-2016, 08:34 AM

Movies featuring blue characters, on the other hand, seem to sell tickets like hotcakes.

hpiIWMWWVco

killerkobra
06-21-2016, 03:45 PM
I liked OOTS much better than TMNT 2014 but that is not saying much at all. I hope they reboot. The way most of Holllywood works now, is that if a movie don't make like 1 billion they scrap it. Although I heard F4 is getting a sequal. Yikes!!

Give TMNT to Peter Jackson, so we get a 3 hour long epic with the first hour showing the history of Shredders and Splinters clans in ancient Japan.

oldmanwinters
06-23-2016, 10:28 AM

hpiIWMWWVco

I stand corrected; Out of the Shadows has out-earned Smurfs 2 domestically.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=smurfs2.htm

NYShell
06-23-2016, 11:34 AM

I hope we're as lucky as Spiderman. A reboot is definitely needed. Nick and Platinum Dunes have been mediocre rehash.

I'll say this: it was a fun, really stupid movie.

METALHEAD
06-23-2016, 04:15 PM
third film. no reboot. the movie was so bad ass and so much better than the first. it boggles the mind how it didn't make that much money as it rightfully should.

and with an ending like that, they BETTER make a third film and complete the story. take the turtles into space. triceritons, krang, the rock soldiers. go full on with the third film!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-23-2016, 05:46 PM
I like Out of the shadows, but the film has under performed, and they are probably going to think about rebooting.

Mirage adaptation is what I want. Something with Mature story telling, but enough coolness that appeals to the kids. Tone down the violence a bit, which would make it PG-13.

Jephael
06-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Mirage adaptation is what I want. Something with Mature story telling, but enough coolness that appeals to the kids. Tone down the violence a bit, which would make it PG-13.

Don't hold your breath, man.

Lucky
06-26-2016, 08:19 AM
I'm hoping for a third one. I like the actors we have in these movies, especially Amell, and I'd like to see this universe move forward.

Mulder
06-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah... Buster Whitwicky and the car wash of Doom, Prime willingly dying in a video game and getting saved on a floppy disc, the writer's obsession with and mary-sueing of Grimlock, the idiocy of 'the human hating the transformer' plots, Ratbat scheming to become decepticon leader, Furmanisms...

I'll take the cartoon over that drek any day, thank you. And the comic was just as goofy and immature as the cartoon.
Lol not at all. Read More Then Meets The Eye

letscook89
06-27-2016, 04:26 PM
I will only accept a reboot if they keep these turtles designs. If not, F**k off !

Xav
06-27-2016, 05:44 PM
What are you? Megan Fox?

Andrew NDB
06-27-2016, 05:51 PM
I will only accept a reboot if they keep these turtles designs. If not, F**k off !

What are you? Megan Fox?

I suspect you are close...

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/International/ap_prince_charles_plant_man_ss_thg_120316_wblog.jp g

IndigoErth
06-27-2016, 06:46 PM
So you're basically saying you never want any other Turtles thing ever again if it's not this version.

Wouldn't get your hopes up on that. Everything beyond Mirage is technically a reboot... Reboots are kind of its thing.

TurtleTitan97
06-27-2016, 08:39 PM

That makes absolutely no sense. You'd just be setting yourself up for disappointment. :roll:

Powder
06-27-2016, 10:22 PM
Pretty sure he's trolling. Read his early posts, he calls this universe literal poop in other words, to say the least.

Commenter 42
06-28-2016, 12:05 AM

Sounds like somebody made an impulsive tattoo decision.

This is you, isn't it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClFi87uUgAA-pdP.jpg

letscook89
06-28-2016, 06:51 AM
You guys :)

ToTheNines
06-28-2016, 06:54 AM
He's the same character that made the comment about B&R raping Megan Fox and eating her guts.

Obvious troll is obvious

Andrew NDB
06-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Sounds like somebody made an impulsive tattoo decision.

This is you, isn't it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClFi87uUgAA-pdP.jpg

Oh man... man oh man... how can... why would...

Wolfie65
06-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I liked OOTS much better than TMNT 2014 but that is not saying much at all. I hope they reboot. The way most of Holllywood works now, is that if a movie don't make like 1 billion they scrap it. Although I heard F4 is getting a sequal. Yikes!!

Give TMNT to Peter Jackson, so we get a 3 hour long epic with the first hour showing the history of Shredders and Splinters clans in ancient Japan.

Which Peter Jackson ?
The one who did LotR[I] ? Yes !
The one who did [I](Not) The Hobbit NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'd keep Megan (hottest April ever, duh !), scrap everything else and start from scratch with 4-5' Turtles who look like lean (by turtle standards) Ninjas, act like real teenagers and aren't bullet-proof mega-Hulks.
I think the team who did the first 2 seasons of the Nick cartoon could come up with a very well written, realistic story of the Turtle's origin and how they came to battle foot clan.
That's already plenty more than enough for a 2-hour film, if written well.
Mention Shredder as a shadowy threat, but never show him, leave that for the second movie.
Way too many movies and TV series shoot ALL their wad in episode 1 - because of a lack of writing skills and imagination, plus, they think their audience is composed exclusively of idjits with the attention span of gnats, so they have nothing left for episode 2.
Or 3, 4........

neatoman
06-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Hmmmmm.... How about... Katsuhiro Otomo?

Matt2310
06-29-2016, 10:49 AM
i really hope they atleast make one more... finish out the story... i enjoyed bebop, rocksteady and krang

TrickOrTreater
06-29-2016, 11:35 AM
i really hope they atleast make one more... finish out the story... i enjoyed bebop, rocksteady and krang

What story?

Candy Kappa
06-29-2016, 11:37 AM
What story?

Sacks' journey to be stupid rich.

Matt2310
06-29-2016, 12:28 PM
What story?

sorry didn't mean a specific "story" just meant where they were gonna go next. what happens to bebop and rocksteady, baxter, shredder and krang, dimension X.... i liked OOTS i hope they make at least one more

IndigoErth
06-29-2016, 12:56 PM
At the very least resolve what feels like an annoying cliffhanger with Shredder's disappearance and Krang's basically non-attempt to take over Earth; that a villain surely couldn't give up trying that easily.

I mean come on, it's Krang. What happened to his sense of determination. The book says he'd pretty much destroyed all the other worlds of Dimension X (or something like that) and is looking at Earth as his next target... surely four mortal misfit Earthlings aren't going to dissuade him that easily after sending him packing once.

If a third happened... no new stuff, just save the budget to put into the Turtles and focus on continuity on a second (stronger!) half of this villain storyline.

Shellington
06-29-2016, 03:39 PM
I'd rather see them complete the trilogy, then go ahead with a reboot.

ToTheNines
06-29-2016, 03:53 PM
I'd rather see them complete the trilogy, then go ahead with a reboot.

Whatever keeps them Paramount checks coming in the mail, amirite?

Andrew NDB
06-29-2016, 03:53 PM

What story?

In his case, this one:

http://wm.schoolofdragons.com/SoD/UploadedFiles/pdf-screenshots/the-plant-story.jpg

TheCanadiandrome
06-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Haha right? That's so true :lol:

IndigoErth
07-05-2016, 11:31 AM
At the very least resolve what feels like an annoying cliffhanger

About this point. I'm now thinking maybe it IS intended to be exactly that. Because now that I picked the novelization book back up and finished it, in the book ...

[SPOILER]...it flat out ends with the Turtles meeting the police on the street. (Huh?? :ohwell:)

Sure, the Technodrome pieces are coming through and has started forming, but the book ends there. No resolution for the Technodrome whatsoever. The Turtles come back from Brazil mad at each other, portal opens, they decide not to be human, go up to meet with the police and never leave that spot - the end.

The ending of the book automatically just seems to expect a Part 2.

I'd really like to see the original/initial script for this and see if it ended at the same point. Because now I'm really curious if by chance...

...the resolution with the Technodrome was a late addition rush job, just to wrap the film up in some way, resulting it in being really rushed and anticlimactic.

After all, this book did not come out until after the film premiered, understandably not to give the film away. But anything after meeting the cops isn't there, so... late added to script and too late to add it to book? Hmmm.

For all the detail in much of the book, even toward the end, like the film, it just seems to start losing detail and depth, as if the interest of the writers faded.

OR perhaps evidence they had to hurry and throw the rest together? Maybe Mr. Bay was cracking the whip to hurry and get it done...

So now I'm curious about a third film. I'm guessing now that they probably resolved it the way they did (vs the book - and maybe an original script?) simply so it could possibly stand on it's own (sort of) if there isn't a third, but... Hm. :tconfuse:

But the book, most of which isn't a bad read, is kind of left off at a really awkward spot if there isn't a part 2 for it.

Which sucks because now it too feels like even more of an annoying cliffhanger. lol

So... that's a bit curious.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I... hate to say this, but I'd like to see IDW resolve the 2nd film's cliffhanger ending in a miniseries or something. Give us some closure to these mediocre TMNT.

As for this series? Give it the ol' soft reboot! :lol:

Galactus
07-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure what cliffhanger there was or what story people feel was unfinished.

If you care about this iteration's story (and I don't think we should) then it's a good place to end on. The turtles have acceptance from the authorities, they accept themselves and they've saved the world.

Kra(a)ng shouting he'll be back as he gets sucked back into the portal is really no different to how he and Shredder in the 80s show would shout things "you wretched reptiles. I'll get you for this" but no one ever says those episodes were cliffhangers.

I'm not sure there's any place where you can take this franchise in it's current form. Since a third movie is unlikely it's probably for the best but if they were smart and planning this series out they would have stuck to Bebop and Rocksteady as new additions and maybe hinted at Kra(a)ng and left him for a further sequel.

They've pretty much shot their load when it comes to all the characters fans of the Fred Wolf show cared about. We're not going to get Triceratons and Fugitoid or any characters and elements that were not a prominent part of the 80s show and frankly after the core cast there's diminishing returns when it comes to nostalgia and even that wasn't anywhere near a big draw as people were convinced it would be.

There's also a fact that most of the Fred Wolf characters or that show's versions of the characters are conceptually poor final boss villains for their bigger and "epic" scope approach they are going for. Heck if you think about it we didn't get much action with Bebop and Rocksteady really.

So yes. Reboot is the only and I don't care if we get the origin again. It's been three decades since we saw the 'proper' one on screen and even then it was a streamlined version of it.