PDA

View Full Version : The better TMNT 2

Mew
06-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Which is better, Out of the Shadows or Secret of the Ooze?

I think Secret of the Ooze hands down. The Turtles are better, in both design and personality. April isn't just sitting there to look pretty. She actually acts! (No pun intended) Tokka and Rahzar are almost the same as Bebop and Rocksteady, but they don't use CGI and looked very good. I don't like them as much, but they weren't so bad. Super Shredder looks way better then this Shredder. He had a helmet and some blades. And he actually fought. Krang was very good in OOTS, but he was barely there!

Secret of the Ooze also had way better action figures.

Cyndaquilfan123
06-18-2016, 09:41 AM
I liked Out Of the Shadows better. It's now my 2nd favorite TMNT movie.

neatoman
06-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Secret of the Ooze. It's a bad movie but it's at least a bad movie that does not give me a headache.

killerkobra
06-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Ooze is awesome and I love it. Some cheesy moments yet but still great

Out of the Shadows I liked, but Shredder and Casey ruined it for me.

Voted for Ooze

pferreira
06-23-2016, 07:03 AM
I love Secret of the Ooze, a fun sequel.

Shark_Blade
06-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Soto is boring and uneventful, so OotS.

Lucky
06-25-2016, 07:40 AM
I enjoyed both, but I've got to give the edge to Out of the Shadows.

mikey22
07-01-2016, 11:00 AM
def the original

yes it sucks there is no weapon usage
but damn

there were no fart jokes

no pathetic plot lines of betrayal

you also get jim henson muppets

a little too raph is one of the best lines in movie history!

definitely better than "MY MAN"

Andrew NDB
07-01-2016, 11:20 AM
I liked Out Of the Shadows better. It's now my 2nd favorite TMNT movie.

I enjoyed both, but I've got to give the edge to Out of the Shadows.

http://leavingbio.net/Plant%20Responses_files/image006.gif

http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/595/animated-plant-image-0016.gif

GoldMutant
07-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Considering I don't have any intention of watching Out of the Shadows due to disinterest, better talk about Secret of the Ooze.

Based on the former's trailer, SOTO looks a lot better. Personally, it's my favorite Turtles look on the big screen, even more than the original 90's film at times. It introduced Tokka, Rahzar, and Super Shredder too who have all gone on to appear in numerous TMNT media, either cartoon wise for the duo or the video games for all of them. Other than that, I honestly am not a fan of the movie.

Whether it be due to a cheaper plot, the lighting hurting the film's appearance, the toned down violence and script and so on are my issues. It's not the worst Ninja Turtles film, but even with nostalgia it doesn't peak my tastes. I honestly don't feel there's been one good Turtles sequel movie in general; the only exception I can think of is TMNT. It's not the greatest piece of TMNT lore, but it's animation is rather stunning, music is wonderful, and majority of the voice actors do well.

Back on topic though, until I see OOTS, I can't vote favorably towards either.

pferreira
07-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Considering I don't have any intention of watching Out of the Shadows due to disinterest, better talk about Secret of the Ooze.

I found Out of the Shadows to be a more fun film and better than the first Platinum Dunes. Your mileage may vary.

Longview01
07-28-2016, 03:20 AM
Out of the Shadows, easily my 2nd fav film now

slingtheory
07-31-2016, 09:34 PM
I have to say soto. Sure its downgrade from the original but it's still an insanely quotable nostalgic flick that left it's mark on the franchise. You can walk up to any stranger in thier 30s today with a line from that movie and 9 times out of 10 they'll know exactly where you got it from. I'd honestly be surprised if anybody even remembers oots 10 years from now

ZacksSoUgly
08-02-2016, 06:21 PM
As much as I liked Out of the Shadows, Secret of the Ooze is still better. SOTO hasn't aged as well as the original movie, but only time will tell if OOTS holds up in any way.

Voted for SOTO

Leolead
08-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Uhh tie, but if I HAD to choose SOTO

MsMarvelDuckie
08-04-2016, 06:13 PM
I liked both about equally. SotO was good but not what I expected after the first. OotS was decent compared to the previous film. Both had issues but also had their high points as well. Like R and B being actual characters instead of just idiotic "babies" doing what mama Shredder tells them. However, I liked Perry better than the new movie's cheesy version of Baxter. Story was about as good/bad in equal parts in both.

Masterpiece
10-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Secret of the Ooze wins, but it's still a poor sequel.

Masterpiece
10-13-2016, 10:30 PM
Secret of the Ooze. It's a bad movie but it's at least a bad movie that does not give me a headache.

That's the best way to sum up Secret of the Ooze, LOL!

Andrew NDB
10-13-2016, 10:32 PM
OotS is almost the spiritual successor of TMNT II. Both are devoid of anything resembling heart, both pander to One Million Moms or whatever and Playmates ("no weapons use! think of the chiiiildren!" "mrrrre mutants!").

That said, at least TMNT II had the TMNT looking like the TMNT. And kind of had a beginning, middle, and end.

pferreira
10-20-2016, 09:17 AM
OotS is almost the spiritual successor of TMNT II. Both are devoid of anything resembling heart, both pander to One Million Moms or whatever and Playmates ("no weapons use! think of the chiiiildren!" "mrrrre mutants!").

That said, at least TMNT II had the TMNT looking like the TMNT. And kind of had a beginning, middle, and end.Compared to the 2014 film Out of the Shadows was terrific.

Andrew NDB
10-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Compared to the 2014 film Out of the Shadows was terrific.

I seriously doubt that. There is no way.

mrmaczaps
10-20-2016, 10:40 AM
I seriously doubt that. There is no way.

If the vote was between 2014 & 2016, I'd vote 2016. Still a crap movie but it actually is way more fun than the 2014...

inaheap
10-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Secret of the Ooze had to win by a hair for me. I actually think the story behind the new movie is better. And I like that the weapons aren't decoration. I just can't get into the look of the new turtles. Now ask me if it was better than TMNT III. YES! Absolutley.

LeotheLateBloomer
10-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Secret of the Ooze had to win by a hair for me. I actually think the story behind the new movie is better. And I like that the weapons aren't decoration. I just can't get into the look of the new turtles. Now ask me if it was better than TMNT III. YES! Absolutley.

Mmm, debatable. Not sticking up for TMNT 3 but it did have a plot that made more sense, even if wasn't a good plot.

Andrew NDB
10-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Secret of the Ooze had to win by a hair for me. I actually think the story behind the new movie is better. And I like that the weapons aren't decoration.

What do you mean? Don't the Turtles not use their weapons in either of the TMNT 2s?

retr0pia75
10-28-2016, 01:18 PM
Secret of the Ooze. While it's definetely a step down from the first film, I find it entertaining in a mindless, turn-your-brain-off sort of way. Out of the Shadows on the other hand is just bad. An improvement over the 2014 film, but still bad.

Andrew NDB
10-28-2016, 02:16 PM
I guess I really don't know what's worse... the 2014 film -- which apparently according to cast members and a very public shutting down of production to reshoot/redo it (3 different versions, according to one cast member) -- veering way off the original script and not ending up being any kind of movie at all and sucking horribly, or the 2016 film being 100% exactly the film they set out to make and sucking horribly.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-28-2016, 03:12 PM
I guess I really don't know what's worse... the 2014 film -- which apparently according to cast members and a very public shutting down of production to reshoot/redo it (3 different versions, according to one cast member) -- veering way off the original script and not ending up being any kind of movie at all and sucking horribly, or the 2016 film being 100% exactly the film they set out to make and sucking horribly.

Having watched both films, I can safely say I enjoyed Out of the Shadows far more as it was much more colourful, entertaining and diverse than its predecessor. I honestly don't think OOTS is a bad film, neither is 2014, they're not masterpieces by any means, and there are much better tmnt versions out there, but they sure are entertaining, especially the second.

neatoman
10-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Having watched both films, I can safely say I enjoyed Out of the Shadows far more as it was much more colourful, entertaining and diverse than its predecessor. I honestly don't think OOTS is a bad film, neither is 2014, they're not masterpieces by any means, and there are much better tmnt versions out there, but they sure are entertaining, especially the second.

I'm going to counter that claim.

They're both really bad movies and the second is somehow even more of a confusing mess, despite having fewer alterations from script to final product. The first had nothing of substance to offer but at least it kept things simple, the second one has such a clogged and nonsensical plot. On top of that it's the most irritating movie I've seen all year, it's the most cynical/backhanded attempt at fanservice I've ever seen from this franchise and I'm happy it bombed.

Xav
10-28-2016, 11:30 PM
What do you mean? Don't the Turtles not use their weapons in either of the TMNT 2s?Leo cuts off Krang's arm with a sword.

Bry
10-28-2016, 11:47 PM

They're both really bad movies and the second is somehow even more of a confusing mess, despite having fewer alterations from script to final product. The first had nothing of substance to offer but at least it kept things simple, the second one has such a clogged and nonsensical plot. On top of that it's the most irritating movie I've seen all year, it's the most cynical/backhanded attempt at fanservice I've ever seen from this franchise and I'm happy it bombed.

These producers are so inept that, between a legitimate production trainwreck and something that actually went as planned, there's not much difference in overall quality.

To answer the original question: Secret of the Ooze all day. It may not be perfect... or even good... but even if they weren't executed all that well, it did have some ideas/themes in the mix with actual potential. It's watchable. Which is more than I can say for anything BayTurtles.

pferreira
11-03-2016, 12:04 PM

They're both really bad movies and the second is somehow even more of a confusing mess, despite having fewer alterations from script to final product. The first had nothing of substance to offer but at least it kept things simple, the second one has such a clogged and nonsensical plot. On top of that it's the most irritating movie I've seen all year, it's the most cynical/backhanded attempt at fanservice I've ever seen from this franchise and I'm happy it bombed.The second movie felt more confident and was a lot more fun. I wouldn't call it as cynical as any of the other movies to be honest, I mean the 2014 movie definitely but not the 2016 movie so I'm not happy it failed.

LeotheLateBloomer
11-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Just watch the Nostalgia Critic's review on the movie. He pretty much sums it up.

pferreira
11-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Just watch the Nostalgia Critic's review on the movie. He pretty much sums it up.What did he say? You're the Nostalgia Critic viewer, you watch his videos so we don't have to. :D

Venom
11-10-2016, 09:41 AM
I guess I really don't know what's worse... the 2014 film ... veering way off the original script and not ending up being any kind of movie at all and sucking horribly, or the 2016 film being 100% exactly the film they set out to make and sucking horribly.

The latter. They deliberately set out and created utter trite. One could weakly argue the former was a casualty of circumstance (though we all know otherwise).

LeotheLateBloomer
11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
What did he say? You're the Nostalgia Critic viewer, you watch his videos so we don't have to. :D

He doesn't have to but it'll save him the trouble of having to watch the actual movie when the review is A LOT more enjoyable.;)

NSP
11-17-2016, 12:51 AM
Im about to watch "Out of the shadows" for the first time. I even have my OOTS Bebop and Rocksteady figures ready to go!

Technogeek29
11-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Im about to watch "Out of the shadows" for the first time. I even have my OOTS Bebop and Rocksteady figures ready to go!

May it be everything you hope it to be.

pferreira
11-17-2016, 08:47 AM
He doesn't have to but it'll save him the trouble of having to watch the actual movie when the review is A LOT more enjoyable.;)Ok, yep. :roll:

p.tom
11-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Didn't make it through the first (2014) one. Was too boring.
Had no interest in the OOTS but I heard that it is a better movie.

Still I think Secret of the Ooze is a better movie.

shuriken
11-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Soto is more enjoyable, the TMNT look and act a bit better.
I actually kinda liked OOTS. It was a lot of fun. I probably wouldn't want to see it again but that's ok.