PDA

View Full Version : Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #4 Preview/Discussion

ProphetofGanja
06-18-2016, 11:40 AM
Still no preview, but at least there's this:
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHM2obhWPBovTXO/giphy.gif
(x (https://giphy.com/gifs/tmnt-ninja-turtles-bebop-and-rocksteady-3oEjHM2obhWPBovTXO))

TMNT: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything #4
Story & Script: Ben Bates & Dustin Weaver
Art: Nick Pitarra (cover)
After a fight, Bebop and Rocksteady split up and travel separately to different time periods. The Dark Ages, WWI, the Future… no time period is safe!

CyberCubed
06-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Will this be Lord Simultaneous debut in IDW? I can't remember but was he in the Annual or Turtles in Time mini? If he was I completely forgot.

Chaotix12345
06-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Preeeeeeeetty sure he was in the Annual, but I haven't read it in a while.

neatoman
06-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Will this be Lord Simultaneous debut in IDW? I can't remember but was he in the Annual or Turtles in Time mini? If he was I completely forgot.

He was in the annual.

oldmanwinters
06-19-2016, 06:08 PM
I'd love to see what kind of chaos got wreaked upon the time-space continuum/multiverse when all those characters and mutants got pushed through the time portals. I hope they at least revisit that plot point before the series is over... or maybe even show us the alternate dimensions/timelines in the main IDW series sometime down the line.

ProphetofGanja
06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
I'd love to see what kind of chaos got wreaked upon the time-space continuum/multiverse when all those characters and mutants got pushed through the time portals. I hope they at least revisit that plot point before the series is over... or maybe even show us the alternate dimensions/timelines in the main IDW series sometime down the line.

Yeah, me too. Based on the solicit, we're gonna see Bebop and Rocksteady each check out a few different eras, so maybe they'll be some of the same ones that the others got pushed into

Technogeek29
06-20-2016, 11:59 PM
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/06/preview-of-tmnt-bebop-rocksteady-destroy-everything-4/
Found this

Utrommaniac
06-21-2016, 12:16 AM
Multiple Bebops in a space bar with Utroms?
kYdp98k-Bic
I think I'm going to like "Trashoid" Utrom.

CyberCubed
06-21-2016, 02:04 AM
So I take it Bebop and Rocksteady are going to get back together in the end after all this fighting when they realize they work better as a team than solo. They are like an old married couple, you can't separate Bebop and Rocksteady for long.

Utrommaniac
06-21-2016, 08:05 AM
Okay, but what was with Anchovy hitching a ride on the car on the first page?

Looking at it again, the bar the Bebops are in is in 2110, and it's full of aliens. So, it's probably safe to say that First Contact has been underway for a while, and the Utroms have come out of hiding on Burnow. These are probably the same Utroms that were in stasis, considering their lifespan, but I wouldn't deny that they're the first set of descendants.

Was Rocksteady's ex ever explained beforehand? I doubt it, but that was an interesting development too.

ToTheNines
06-21-2016, 08:24 AM
That artist credits page :o

ProphetofGanja
06-21-2016, 08:36 AM
That artist credits page :o

Haha yeah, lot of artists to credit

Looks like we'll see around eight different eras/regions

***First of Two Latin Kings***
06-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Is #4 the final issue?

Utrommaniac
06-21-2016, 11:31 AM
There's one more after this one.

ChosenOne
06-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Those Utroms bulging out of their suits remind me of Krang in Out of the Shadows.

Looks like it's going to be a fun issue!

Utrommaniac
06-21-2016, 11:45 AM
It really helps that the one watching the sports game has a body that looks more like OT Krang's, but silver, and looking even more like an old guy going around in public in his underwear. Utrom, why does your machine need tiddys???

neatoman
06-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Those Utroms bulging out of their suits remind me of Krang in Out of the Shadows.

Looks like it's going to be a fun issue!

Reminds me more of FW Krang.

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Oh my god, the Utroms took over Earth after all :lol:
Look at all the tiny Technodromes...
But the turtles are still part of Earth's history, since Michelangelo is on a pizza advertisement. So...not entirely sure what the complete nature of the takeover is.

Someone help Slash...I don't think he's entirely well...

But the cult, man...that was probably the best bit. "Bopp-ed one"

I think OT Bebop is in the time tunnels in the final page. With the shell shoulder guards and stuff.

What is that Prelude to a Fall thing on the back? Is that part of the board game that's coming up?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-22-2016, 09:38 AM
You're making the rest of us look bad.

Hey, Mikeandjello

The cult.

The Bobsteady or Rockbop monster.

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 09:43 AM
The fused Bebop and Rocksteady made me think of Full Metal Alchemist chimeras. It was horrifying enough already, but it was made a little worse thinking of it that way.

Technogeek29
06-22-2016, 09:47 AM
You're making the rest of us look bad.

Hey, Mikeandjello

The cult.

The Bobsteady or Rockbop monster.

What he said.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-22-2016, 09:47 AM
The fused Bebop and Rocksteady made me think of Full Metal Alchemist chimeras. It was horrifying enough already, but it was made a little worse thinking of it that way.

Myself, it made me think of Powder's art depicting Raph, Leo, and Krang all fusing into one mutagen monster...

That cult, though. Hands down my favorite moment.

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 10:16 AM
It was the best. "We creeps are not worthy!"
I want to know more about those people. Why are they fighting seahorse men? Why did they think it was okay to offer a pig to Bebop - even if he wouldn't care, how would they know that? Will they include "trashoid" in their vocabulary?

old_hob88
06-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Oh my god, the Utroms took over Earth after all :lol:
Look at all the tiny Technodromes...
But the turtles are still part of Earth's history, since Michelangelo is on a pizza advertisement. So...not entirely sure what the complete nature of the takeover is.

Someone help Slash...I don't think he's entirely well...

But the cult, man...that was probably the best bit. "Bopp-ed one"

I think OT Bebop is in the time tunnels in the final page. With the shell shoulder guards and stuff.

What is that Prelude to a Fall thing on the back? Is that part of the board game that's coming up?

Yes prelude to a fall is a bonus scenario for the board game coming out

myconius
06-22-2016, 11:18 AM
this was definitely my favorite issue from the series yet!!! :D

ProphetofGanja
06-22-2016, 11:20 AM
this was definitely my favorite issue from the series yet!!! :D

Seconded! At least until #5 comes out!

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 11:36 AM
Same!

Dustin Weaver also just confirmed to me that the 2110 future is indeed from the altered timeline where Stockgen was destroyed by Bebop and Rocksteady.

So, the thing I'm wondering is, why are there still humans on Earth, assuming Krang was successful with the Technodrome? There shouldn't be any.

ChosenOne
06-22-2016, 11:56 AM
This issue was even more insane than #3!

The cult (who make it sound like they've been waiting for their idols to deliver them from Soakorr) and the sheer lunacy temporal lunacy that starts with the mutant and human Bebops rear-ending (if we can even call it that...) their own car into itself and ends with a multitude of Bebops and Rocksteadys scattered throughout time... It really has to be seen to be believed how utterly hilarious and f***ed up everything has turned out!

The irony of the situation is that an evil mastermind type who got his or her hands on the scepter probably wouldn't make as much of an utter mess of things as these two bumbling fools did.

myconius
06-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Seconded! At least until #5 comes out!

very true!!! at least we only have to wait one week? :D

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 12:04 PM
This issue was even more insane than #3!

The cult (who make it sound like they've been waiting for their idols to deliver them from Soakorr) and the sheer lunacy temporal lunacy that starts with the mutant and human Bebops rear-ending (if we can even call it that...) their own car into itself and ends with a multitude of Bebops and Rocksteadys scattered throughout time... It really has to be seen to be believed how utterly hilarious and f***ed up everything has turned out!

The irony of the situation is that an evil mastermind type who got his or her hands on the scepter probably wouldn't make as much of an utter mess of things as these two bumbling fools did.

Probably because it's something that only two bumbling fools could do. A mastermind would be calculating and know what he's doing and where to **** **** up, but it's another thing to not have a care in the world what they do.

CyberCubed
06-22-2016, 12:41 PM
I think this is why Bebop/Rocksteady work so well as characters. I really can't imagine this story with any other pair of mutants, it at least wouldn't be anywhere as fun.

Bebop/Rocksteady really work best in crazy situations and comedic issues when they're not just Shredder's henchmen.

myconius
06-22-2016, 01:53 PM
one of my most favorite parts of the issue...

hey, get up. we gotta...

oh! you're dead.

look, no offense pal, but i didn't like you much anyway...

i never knew what a jerk i really am...

that was absolutely perfect!! :lol:

neatoman
06-22-2016, 01:55 PM

I was thinking of Slifer the Sky Dragon, given the two mouths.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/p__/images/5/59/Slifer_(4).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151123003918&path-prefix=protagonist

ProphetofGanja
06-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Shout out to IDW for writing some of the most well-rounded and complex characters out there. Bebop and Rocksteady started out as lackluster comic relief in a zany kids' show, and now they're fully-realized, horrifying monsters who still manage to elicit sympathy. I actually found myself feeling for the pair when they started missing each other. Kudos, IDW

Desslok
06-24-2016, 10:20 PM
The. Utter. INSANITY. :lol:

This story is so convoluted and crazy. Just when you think things can't get any worse, Bebop and Rocksteady find a way to prove you wrong, all while so completely wrapped up in their own absurd misadventures that they don't realize they're literally destroying everything and everyone in the process. It's total chaos at it's best but the way it's presented is so hilarious I can't help but love it.

I have no idea how Renet and the turtles can fix this royal mess, but I'm very much looking forward to the grand finale.

DrSpengler
06-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Here's my full summary and review of Bebop & Rocksteady #4 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/06/tmnt-bebop-rocksteady-destroy_25.html)

It had been brought up earlier in the mini, but they talk about it more in this issue: Rocksteady's military background. It's one of those things I'd never really thought about. His original toy had a military motif to it, but he was always played as a punk in the cartoons and comics without ever mentioning the military angle.

Pretty cool to see that explored a bit. The rampage of different artists was a trip, too. I liked some more than others, but this definitely felt like a jam session of a comic.

myconius
06-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Here's my full summary and review of Bebop & Rocksteady #4 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/06/tmnt-bebop-rocksteady-destroy_25.html)

It had been brought up earlier in the mini, but they talk about it more in this issue: Rocksteady's military background. It's one of those things I'd never really thought about. His original toy had a military motif to it, but he was always played as a punk in the cartoons and comics without ever mentioning the military angle.

Pretty cool to see that explored a bit. The rampage of different artists was a trip, too. I liked some more than others, but this definitely felt like a jam session of a comic.

what you said in your review-

"I mean, it happened to me all the time. Id get a new toy for Christmas or a Birthday and develop a whole personality around it going strictly by looks or what little was written on the back of the packaging (if there was anything at all). Then that character would show up in the comic or cartoon and be completely different from what I had been imagining."

i know exactly what you mean!!
so many cartoon shows actually ruined toy characters for me.
sure they were just half hour toy commercials, but when you're just a kid, what the cartoon made the character out to be was pretty much law.