PDA

View Full Version : What are the weirdest thing's you've done?

thundermaster612
06-18-2016, 07:16 PM
I hope a thread like this doesn't already exist but I was watching a YT video and I thought about how last weekend me and my friend went to see an airshow and we found a sealed package of Jack Link's Teriyaki under a giant metal holder of some sort. I dared him to eat one and he dared me to eat one. So we both did, and ended eating all of it. Of course you can post multiple weird things you've done. Even ones you did today, so go ahead. What are the weird things you have done?

Mew
06-18-2016, 07:38 PM
I once stuck a gummy bear in a Blue's Clues VHS. It still worked!:lol:

IndigoErth
06-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Well there was the time as a kid I was at a one-day kid's program at a nature center (I did a number of those) and found and kept a caterpillar in my pocket, determined that I wanted to take it home. Made sure it didn't get squished, but I think it managed to escape before I want home.

Icebot
06-18-2016, 08:02 PM
I asked a question when the answer was right under my nose.

I also put a crack in my DVD and now it doesn't work because of that.

Powder
06-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Far too much & far too weird to admit here. :tlol:

But I definitely did some stuff like that when I was your age, eating things I ought not just to gross others out or win meager bets. One such example was a bagel I found on top of a storm drain outside a grocery store. Just a bite, but hey, $5.

Unworthy tinker
06-18-2016, 11:22 PM
It's probably one time I was in third grade and the teacher was gone, and everyone went nuts (it was a sub. He said to keep ourselves entertained when he left because we were done with whatever subject it was). So we played truth or dare. I was dared to lick the floor, my tongue barely touched the floor for a split second, but I still look back at it going "WTF was I thinking? There wasn't even a reward."

Or this morning when I tried seeing what I'd look like dressed as a Pokemon trainer. IDK why, I was bored, I had my DS nearby, and some Pokemon themed stuff I made, my parents were at work and my siblings were asleep, then that happened. :I

snake
06-19-2016, 02:51 AM
I'm not even gonna admit the weirdest weirdest, but I have a lot.

-Laying in this girls bed when our group was over her house. She kicked me off the bed but that sh*t was so comfy and it smelled so nice. I mean we were all in her room so it's not like I snuck in there but it's still pretty f*cking creepy.

-Freestyling in my head when I work out at the gym

-Writing my verse in a rap battle that wasn't going to happen ever

-Imitating Mike from Redlettermedia way more than I should

-In fact, I change my voice so f*cking much I can't even find my regular voice. I'm always speaking differently. On whatever day without even realizing it, my ranges can be: Wayne from Wayne's World, Marty Mcfly, Mr. Plinkett, Steve Buscemi, and a monotone Owen Wilson. If that makes no sense then try listening to me talk for a whole day.

thundermaster612
06-19-2016, 06:44 PM
While reading Mew's cat food thread I remembered one.
When I was very young me and my mom were at a Walmart that allowed pets, I saw a dog biscuit machine and the label on it was torn. It looked like normal snack food so I asked my mom for a quarter and got one...

and of course. I ATE IT.

after she realized what I did she literally took me to the (family) bathroom and washed my mouth like 20 times. That was one weird thing that happened.

IndigoErth
06-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Didn't taste too bad, I take it?

I've heard of people eating the "doggie cookies" you can get in some pet stores; the stores that have a 'cookie bar' with a variety of selections there to just get how much you want. Pretty sure my mom purposely tried one or two when we had a dog... I'll pass.

Only pet food I've tasted long ago was the floating sticks for our outdoor fish. Few neighbor kids dared each other to taste it. Mostly it just tasted like bland cereal. Pour it in a bowl with some milk and a clueless person might not know any different.

Ninjinister
06-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I signed up to a Ninja Turtles message board 12 years ago.

MsMarvelDuckie
06-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Weirdest thing I've done? Still being married after 16 years. Literally NONE of our friends have lasted more than five. Weird thing is most have kids, which is more reason to stay. We don't.

Okay, I know that might not be "weird", but it's pretty darn unusual these days, seems like.

Can't actually think of anything truly "weird"....

Utrommaniac
06-19-2016, 10:26 PM

I've heard of people eating the "doggie cookies" you can get in some pet stores; the stores that have a 'cookie bar' with a variety of selections there to just get how much you want. Pretty sure my mom purposely tried one or two when we had a dog... I'll pass.

"Doggie cookies" are supposedly "healthier" than regular cookies. I got such things in a package for my cats. When they didn't want to eat it, I did. It was actually pretty good.

But that's not one of my weird situations. I know I've been in weirder, but I can't think of any. I did get an ear infection right after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. All four at once. It was awful. And I didn't even "go goofy" like so many viral videos. I just got out of the chair, staggered to the car, dozed in there, then went back to bed. I mostly slept.

I also spent a Saturday with a grand total of eighteen cats in the house. Which probably works better.
Six that were our own
Six tiny kittens that we were bottle feeding
Four slightly older kittens that we were baby sitting for someone that week
One that we had been socializing because he was shy in the adoption center
and one more that was staying the night; we brought him home from the adoption center to give him a bath, because he smelled of ammonia. He was a Maine Coon, it went well. He was happy to paddle around.

I went to a Temple Grandin seminar several years ago, and as I was getting one of her books, I completely didn't register she was at the table. I did not register the six foot tall woman in ranch clothing. So when I did register her, it was an awkward moment. During the show, I was three seats away from her in the front row. That was neat.

thundermaster612
06-20-2016, 07:10 AM

It tasted like wood.

IndigoErth
06-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Now I know why our dog would chew on sticks. lol

Weird stuff... Hm. Well, the first thing I ever bought on eBay (many years ago - I've had this account since Aug. 1999, it's older than some members here lol) was a longhorn steer skull. Even had to fight some guy for it and won.

Powder
06-20-2016, 02:57 PM
I gave CPR to two beetles (it worked!). That was a weird experience for sure.

Utrommaniac
06-20-2016, 03:05 PM
...Okay, everyone gather 'round. It's story time. Why would you give CPR to two beetles? What happened???

CyberCubed
06-20-2016, 05:00 PM
I gave CPR to two beetles (it worked!). That was a weird experience for sure.

What. How does that even work?

Jephael
06-20-2016, 05:12 PM
Once when I was a kid I tied a pair of socks to a light bulb to see if they'd get warm.

At couple years later my sister flooded the downstairs bathroom because she left the upstairs bathroom sink running. At one point I walked in holding an umbrella.

IndigoErth
06-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Yes, please explain about the beetles. I'm kind of a bug rescuer, but I have my limits. lol And I don't think beetles/bugs have lungs...?

Cure
06-20-2016, 05:55 PM
The hot girl in high school told my friend and me to kiss so that we can see her tits.

Not even worth it. Push up bras, man.

CyberCubed
06-20-2016, 06:15 PM
The hot girl in high school told my friend and me to kiss so that we can see her tits.

How far was the kiss? If it was just a quick peck on the lips I wouldn't mind.

Cure
06-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Yeah, just a peck.

Powder
06-20-2016, 06:32 PM
...Okay, everyone gather 'round. It's story time. Why would you give CPR to two beetles? What happened???

What. How does that even work?

Yes, please explain about the beetles. I'm kind of a bug rescuer, but I have my limits. lol And I don't think beetles/bugs have lungs...?

:tlol:

I skimmed the pool early one morning after a long night of not being sober & found two big ass beetles in there. No signs of life. I laid them on the deck banister, dried them off as best I could, & basically blew into their faces with all my might for a minute or two. Their legs started moving after a few minutes & they both clasped onto my outstretched fingers. I let em grapple on & eventually they started to collect themselves & mill around. :trazz:

I know it sounds silly but it was quite the experience! I sensed that they were grateful.

IndigoErth
06-20-2016, 07:13 PM
D'aww. Coming from someone who as a kid once rescued a large and seemingly grateful moth from a bug zapper and many years later a cricket from a spider web (that I'd just released outside the front door and it stupidly jumped sideways out of my hand right into it), they probably were. ;)

The moth - after carefully helping it out of there with a stick, came out of there and landed right on my chest and stayed there until I let it go in the far end of the backyard.

The cricket - after plucking it from the web (sorry spider, not today, not the one I just put outside) I tried to shoo it away from the web in the corner of our front step. Apparently no longer afraid of me, even with my hand moving to shoo it away, it surprised me and voluntarily hopped back onto my finger where it sat and cleaned itself up for a couple minutes (from bits of web) before it hopped back down and went on its way.

So... maybe their brains are tiny, but I think there may be some that might be capable of realizing they were rescued. :)

That reminds me of another weird bug related one to add. As a kid I think I communicated with a bumble bee once. Or something like that?

We had just gotten to my grandparents house and one of the flowerbeds beside the driveway next to our car was full of bumble bees. Enough so that it was pretty noisy. Mocking them, I made a buzz sound back at them. This one bee just flew up and looked me in the face a moment like "What?" o.O :lol: Oh, um, never mind, you can go back to your work...

MsMarvelDuckie
06-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Speaking of bugs- I have been kissed by butterflies on several occasions. It tickles....

Once raised a baby blue jay when the nest blew down in a storm. (Two others from the clutch did not make it, sadly.) My cousin had a pet lovebird at the time, but my WILD blue jay was more friendly and appreciative than her "tame" bird! I cared for it until it was able to fly fairly well, but wouldn't ya know that the first time it spent the night outdoors, I went out to feed it the next day and it was fine, but a couple hours later I went back out to give it some water- and one of my grandmother's cats had decided to use it as hunting practice for her kittens. Blue feathers all over the inside of the workshop..... :tcry: RIP Brightwing. :tsad:

Jephael
06-20-2016, 10:30 PM

So basically you lived this scene from American Pie 2, right? LOL!!!
https://media2.giphy.com/media/29YNi9y9t7Kwg/200_s.gif

Utrommaniac
06-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Speaking of bugs- I have been kissed by butterflies on several occasions. It tickles....

Once raised a baby blue jay when the nest blew down in a storm. (Two others from the clutch did not make it, sadly.) My cousin had a pet lovebird at the time, but my WILD blue jay was more friendly and appreciative than her "tame" bird! I cared for it until it was able to fly fairly well, but wouldn't ya know that the first time it spent the night outdoors, I went out to feed it the next day and it was fine, but a couple hours later I went back out to give it some water- and one of my grandmother's cats had decided to use it as hunting practice for her kittens. Blue feathers all over the inside of the workshop..... :tcry: RIP Brightwing. :tsad:

That's terrible! I had a neighbor who raised a bluejay that successfully returned to the wild and got a lot of boyfriends. Same with a sparrow, which I actually got to meet. She perched on my shoulder and startled him.

This does seem like the place to recount my great Paris metro incident, in 2011.
It was packed in the terminal, and I was right behind my mother when the doors shut on me just as I was about to get in. So my mom and I were yelling at each other through the glass so I would know where I was going. My dad and brothers were several cars down, as it was the only way they could get in, so my mom could only signal that I was going to be okay. My younger brother had said "one of my nightmares has come true", to which my dad replied, "they could get a lot worse." Legends say that everyone around him backed away.

So I was left behind in a totally empty terminal, which had just been packed, waiting for the next train. I had another tourist family (that actually spoke French) stay with me and helped me count my stops to my family. Once I reunited with them, my brother called me a "lost little bunny".

"Bunny" has been a nickname ever since. "I'm a lost bunny" is my code for "slow down, I'm distracted and falling behind in this crowded and overwhelming place" in crowded situation.

thundermaster612
06-21-2016, 06:39 AM
This went from the 'What are the weirdest thing's you've done' thread to the 'various rescues thread' :trazz: Nice stories everyone!

shuriken
06-24-2016, 12:51 AM
Snorted hot sauce
Tried to see how many clothespins fit on my face. I think it was 23.
Drank a half gallon of expired milk
Spoke with a fake accent at work to screw with customers
ummm doin' stuff in very public places that are usually done in private
farted on a buddy's face one time
powerbombed my dog in the snow (Buster was a Rottie-German Shepherd mix)
intentionally scarred my left shoulder with the initials of my then girlfriend(only one that really bugs me now)
started a fight club

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 07:24 AM
... Impressive...
Perhaps you can join the Foot now?

AT-Man
06-25-2016, 12:15 PM
I found two bones in a graveyard and made an upside down cross of them.