PDA

View Full Version : WatchMojo TMNT Top Ten Countdowns

GoldMutant
06-20-2016, 10:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYRzlbBKQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akhBE6-blrc&spfreload=5

Video 1 is about villains, video 2 is about the games. I'm not sure if these were posted this month or not (I already looked through), but I'm up for discussion. What do you think of their lists on these subject matters? The villain list btw contains bad pronouncing, specifically of one part of the number one choice and an earlier entry, you should be able to pick it up. Hated the list regardless.

The game one I haven't seen as of right now, but will edit to replace my thoughts later.

Aaronardo
06-20-2016, 10:29 AM
WatchMojo. We meet again. I hate these guys. They're as hallow, cold, and soulless as it gets when it comes to YouTube countdowns. And that's saying a lot.

And as predicted, I hated these lists in particular. Clearly no heart put into any of it. Eh.

EDIT: WOW. They even showed footage of the first 2003 TMNT GBA game when talking about the 2007 Movie GBA game. If that doesn't prove how little WatchMojo gives a sh*t, I don't know what will.

GoldMutant
06-20-2016, 10:36 AM
WatchMojo. We meet again. I hate these guys. They're as hallow, cold, and soulless as it gets when it comes to YouTube countdowns. And that's saying a lot.

And as predicted, I hated these lists in particular. Clearly no heart put into any of it. Eh.

Now that I watched the game one.... :ohwell:

Seems we both agree on WatchMojo, I'm damn near surprised on the honorable mentions mostly as the top choices were especially predictable. Someone oughta make their own top ten utilizing these two topics and put better soul into it than these money grubbing hacks.

neatoman
06-20-2016, 10:40 AM
WatchMojo... Did you know they put Beast Wars II on their "terrible anime dubs" list?

In case you don't know why that's idiotic, Beast Wars II has never gotten an official release outside of Japan, they put a fandub on a list with official dubs. How unfair is that?

Aaronardo
06-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Someone oughta make their own top ten utilizing these two topics and put better soul into it than these money grubbing hacks.

Or at least without using all that 80s slang. Seriously, one or two times is fine, but when literally every game is described as "bossa nova" or "radical"...

I get it, a popular version of TMNT said those things. Can we let it go?

GoldMutant
06-20-2016, 10:58 AM
WatchMojo... Did you know they put Beast Wars II on their "terrible anime dubs" list?

In case you don't know why that's idiotic, Beast Wars II has never gotten an official release outside of Japan, they put a fandub on a list with official dubs. How unfair is that?

Now I'm grateful I don't watch their lists nearly at all. :roll: They know nearly nothing, especially because they run polls among their fans to decide on topics and choices. For God's sakes...

Or at least without using all that 80s slang. Seriously, one or two times is fine, but when literally every game is described as "bossa nova" or "radical"...

I get it, a popular version of TMNT said those things. Can we let it go?

Not while the marketing towards Fred Wolf is still in demand. :ohwell: Here, I'll show an even better list involving the villains without counting the obvious two and cutting the duos in half. (If you want the reasons for each character, pm me)

10. Armaggon
9. Triceratons (specifically, Zanmoran)
8. Hun
7. Slash
6. Null
5. Bishop
4. Rat King
3. Karai
2. Old Hob
1. Baxter Stockman

Honorable mentions: Bloodsucker, Savanti Romero, Dark Turtles, and Xever/Fishface.

The games I haven't played too much outside the NES games and Turtles in Time, so I won't attempt to make an unfair list based on that. Regardless, there's a decent list which shows someone who has actual knowledge instead of a popularity contest. Stupid WatchMojo.

pferreira
06-23-2016, 07:13 AM
WatchMojo continue to provide endless fun. :lol:

TMNTInsighter
06-29-2016, 02:47 PM
That villain countdown was certainly disappointing, if they weren't on TV they didn't make the list or even the HMs! The HMs also bothered me since it was never clear on which Slash or Leatherhead they were talking about. It couldn't be the 2012 versions they showed since...well, they're not.
It was nice to see Tiger Claw get an HM though. He hasn't reached his potential but he has a lot of it (along with a great voice job and design work).

MikeandRaph87
06-29-2016, 03:49 PM
I saw it the day it came out since I subscribe to WatchMojo. The countdown of the villains irked me a little so I decided not to post it. I love Slash and Leatherhead as adversaries of the TMNT and they only got honorable mentions while Dregg got included. I am not big on Triceratons and Karai.

Watchmojo has some good top 10,but others leave me scratching my head such as rock ballads of the 80s' which had Eye of The Tiger not as #1, but an honorable mention along with Power of Love no mention of Don't You Forget About M,e and Everyone Wants To Rule The World was left out in favor of Tears for Fear's Shout. Sometimes it makes sense while others you have wonder what they were thinking when making the list. Also, list like that one with the TMNT villains it is obvious who gets the #1 and #2 slots while the rest are up for grabs in matter of opinion.

John Pannozzi
06-29-2016, 04:48 PM
Has anyone here actually voted for WatchMojo's lists? Their Top 10 lists are actually voted on by users of watchmojo.com. I'd highly recommend joining their site and voting/contributing there if you dislike any of their lists.

ProactiveMan
06-30-2016, 03:28 AM
I will say this for WatchMojo; they aren't the worst top-ten channel on YouTube. There was a ‘video games hardly anyone has beaten’ video I saw the other day that was so dumb I turned it off at number 7, which was TMNT NES because ‘the dam level is soooooo haarrrrd!’. They also said only 3% of people who bought Super Meat Boy on Steam had beaten the game, but they based that on the 100% completion stat. :roll:

I think Turtle Top-Tens (8)) are grating to Dromers because they either state the blindingly obvious, espouse subjective and often bizarre opinions as fact, and/or are full of baloney facts and half-truths. Once you’ve seen a top-ten video on a subject that you know, you start to wonder how many of the other videos are full of crap.

ssjup81
06-30-2016, 04:56 AM
*coughs* http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1588983&postcount=1156 *coughs* :P

I thought the game list was interesting, personally. The only pick on this list that surprised me was Tournament Fighters and the number 1 pick wasn't a surprise to me at all.

pferreira
06-30-2016, 07:43 AM
If WatchMojo did a Top Ten list of worst WatchMojo videos they'd have trouble choosing. :lol:

Groverman62
07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I didnt like it when they put Gravity Falls on their worst Disney Channel shows list. Their reasons for doing so were pretty poor