PDA

View Full Version : The kids who watched the first season of this show are already teenagers

CyberCubed
06-20-2016, 11:40 PM
My god how time flies. Just think, the kids who started watching the Nick cartoon in 2012 are now teenagers 4 years later in 2016.

If they were 10 in 2012 they would now be 14. If they were 8 they would now be 12 and almost becoming teens. Aside from very young kids I wouldn't be surprised if the original fanbase of the show outgrew it.

Reminds me of the fads from my days, like 80's TMNT, Power Rangers and Pokemon. All the kids watched the very first years of those shows and then outgrew them and moved on despite the shows still running for years. I bet it happened here.

Powder
06-20-2016, 11:48 PM
The people who ate Mcdonalds yesterday are now one day older.

Blazin' Buddha how do clocks work?!

CyberCubed
06-20-2016, 11:54 PM

Blazin' Buddha how do clocks work?!

Its just whenever I think of stuff like this it makes me feel old. Its true what they say, time moves faster as an adult. But for kids every year is different.

Hell I can't believe 2010 is now 6 years ago.

Powder
06-20-2016, 11:58 PM
Yeah, we know, you tell us alllll the time. I really do get where you're coming from, I can relate, but it doesn't exactly create good discussion. :tlol:

Fishface
06-21-2016, 12:40 AM
A lot of people I know started watching from 8-11 and last watched it when they were 12-13, but still it doesn't matter, the 11-13 year olds will move on after they turn about 14 but more younger fans will come along to watch the show! The older fans will leave but newer and younger fans will come!

snake
06-21-2016, 12:45 AM
Really isn't that long, honestly. I still remember watching the first episode vividly. Come back to me in 2022. THEN I'll feel old!

CyberCubed
06-21-2016, 01:37 AM
Some people are fans for life. I was 3 years old when I saw an episode of the original cartoon back in the 80's. Who knew that 25+ years later I'd still be a TMNT fan?

Some people just get hooked on a franchise for life, others outgrow and move on.

thundermaster612
06-21-2016, 06:31 AM

And 2 weeks closer to death.

It feels like most things didn't happen such a long time ago yet they did. Which is quite funny because people are like "Oh I don't remember anything from then" but they do and they just have a misconception of time at that point. The Nick series is nearing the teen point aswell. First it was a baby when it came out, then a toddler in season 2, in the first part of season 3 it was going from a normal kid to a preteen, and in space its going slowly up from a preteen to an adult. But the series still feels all the same and all awesome. There's actually still a lot of things the series can do which is why its still good. It's also kind of a good thing they didn't invent so many characters because then later on they can invent more and open more things up. I myself want the cartoon to get to 11 seasons just because there's tons of things it can do and I want it to beat the '87 series record. So the real question remains. WHY ARE THE NEW EPISODES SO PUSHED BACK?!

plastroncafe
06-21-2016, 10:57 AM
yUU28JX3ZQ8

TurtleTitan97
06-21-2016, 11:00 AM
This thread needs to be locked.

What? Someone had to say it eventually.

TigerClaw
06-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Some people are fans for life. I was 3 years old when I saw an episode of the original cartoon back in the 80's. Who knew that 25+ years later I'd still be a TMNT fan?

Some people just get hooked on a franchise for life, others outgrow and move on.
I'm a TMNT fan for life, ever since the 1st cartoon debut, I appreciate all the versions that have came out after.

TV, Movies, Video Games, Comics, whatever, they gotta keep the franchise alive one way or another.

ABrown
06-21-2016, 11:12 AM
The difference is that the kids who watched the Nickelodeon series aren't going to look back as teenagers and adults and want to rewatch the series as much as the kids who grew up with either the original cartoon or the 4Kids series.

TigerClaw
06-21-2016, 11:41 AM
The difference is that the kids who watched the Nickelodeon series aren't going to look back as teenagers and adults and want to rewatch the series as much as the kids who grew up with either the original cartoon or the 4Kids series.
Today's kids are part of the ADD generation.

plastroncafe
06-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Unlike the millions of kids who watched the old toon who are avid posters to this forum.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-21-2016, 11:53 AM
We are all dying. Every day, we grow twenty-four hours closer to our own graves.

Death waits for us all. For some of us, as a friend. For some of us, as an enemy. For some of us, as a surprise.

But in the end... for us all.

There. NOW you can all feel depressed. Or slightly unnerved.

Unworthy tinker
06-21-2016, 12:00 PM
To be fair, Nickelodeon only shows it once a week, if that. Plus not every kid has access to Nicktoons. So no wonder most kids have probably moved on. I mean, I don't think many kids will forget Spongebob or even Fairly Odd parents, but TMNT, eh. It's just there.
Far as short attention spans and growing out of stuff when you hit fourteen, c'mon, not all kids are like that. I was twelve when I starting paying attention to the show, and here I am three years later on a TMNT forum. Then again, maybe my philosophy on growing up is different from most my age. Then I have a cousin who used to love TMNT, but now he loves Halo and Minecraft. It just happens. He moved on because he saw every episode ever (or so he claims. He's like seven) and probably got tired of it.

ToTheNines
06-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Not too much longer until they reach the age of consent!

TigerClaw
06-21-2016, 12:19 PM
To be fair, Nickelodeon only shows it once a week, if that. Plus not every kid has access to Nicktoons. So no wonder most kids have probably moved on. I mean, I don't think many kids will forget Spongebob or even Fairly Odd parents, but TMNT, eh. It's just there.
Far as short attention spans and growing out of stuff when you hit fourteen, c'mon, not all kids are like that. I was twelve when I starting paying attention to the show, and here I am three years later on a TMNT forum. Then again, maybe my philosophy on growing up is different from most my age. Then I have a cousin who used to love TMNT, but now he loves Halo and Minecraft. It just happens. He moved on because he saw every episode ever (or so he claims. He's like seven) and probably got tired of it.
I remember back in the days, The Fred Wolf series was on Monday thru Friday, and Saturdays, so much TMNT during those days, it was overexposed, but it never felt like it was, we were happy seeing new episodes every day.

That show was easier to produce, which is why they had so many episodes in syndication and Saturday morning.

Today's cartoon is all CGI and takes months to get new episodes, sometimes they finish the episodes on the last minute.

We had it easy back in the days, but for today's generation, they have to wait longer to see new episodes, and they might end up forgetting about it afterward.

ABrown
06-21-2016, 12:24 PM
I remember back in the days, The Fred Wolf series was on Monday thru Friday, and Saturdays, so much TMNT during those days, it was overexposed, but it never felt like it was, we were happy seeing new episodes every day.

It was only on once a day though. That being the case, I wouldn't say that it was overexposed. Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network air some of their shows not only every day, but several times a day.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-21-2016, 12:25 PM
I can't believe Turtles Forever was seven years ago. SEVEN!

Unworthy tinker
06-21-2016, 12:26 PM

That show was easier to produce, which is why they had so many episodes in syndication and Saturday morning.

Today's cartoon is all CGI and takes months to get new episodes, sometimes they finish the episodes on the last minute.

we had it easy back in the days, but for today's generation, they have to wake longer to see new episodes, and they might end up forgetting about it afterward.

Well yeah, I understand that it takes time and money to make new episodes, but even just looking at reruns it's one episode per week, and sometimes, not even that. When they do show reruns they usually don't venture past the last four to six episodes, so it's only four to six weeks of reruns. They've been airing season four from the beginning, so I'm a little surprised, but I bet there won't be anymore after that until we get new episodes. Maybe they'll even stop half-way through. *shrugs*

The Deadman
06-21-2016, 12:30 PM
People get older? Man what a novel concept.

CyberCubed
06-21-2016, 12:41 PM
I can't believe Turtles Forever was seven years ago. SEVEN!

We're all so old now. It feels like only yesterday some of us were angsty teens on message boards. Now here some of us are a decade later still doing the same thing in our late 20's or early 30's.

For those of you still in your early 20's, enjoy them while you can, they will fly by before you know it. It feel like our teenage years took forever to get through, but your 20's zoom by.

biganimefan
06-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Something that makes me feel old...when this series started, I was still a few months away from meeting my wife(and perfectly happy with the single life). Now we have a 2 month old son in the mix...

ssjup81
06-21-2016, 04:45 PM
We're all so old now. It feels like only yesterday some of us were angsty teens on message boards. Now here some of us are a decade later still doing the same thing in our late 20's or early 30's.

For those of you still in your early 20's, enjoy them while you can, they will fly by before you know it. It feel like our teenage years took forever to get through, but your 20's zoom by.I was pushing 20 when I first started using message boards, so this angsty teen thing on a message board is a foreign concept to me. :P

IndigoErth
06-21-2016, 04:53 PM
The kids who watched the first season of this show are already teenagers
Well... if they were close enough to their teens to have hit it by now. Plenty still weren't and aren't.

I was in my 30s when I started watching it. I still am! Magic! :teek::D

Aaronardo
06-22-2016, 10:26 AM
We call this a mid-life crisis, Cubed. :roll:

Jester
06-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Not too much longer until they reach the age of consent!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that when Cubed posts these weird age threads...

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
06-22-2016, 11:45 AM
I think it's interesting because as they've grown older they can hang on Internet forum discussing TMNT fandom from their view. They're the third generation now to do that when it comes to TMNT cartoons.

Jephael
06-23-2016, 09:18 PM
Some people just don't know when to quit doing this.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/104/1046196/3070171-9365046540-86539.gif

Ninjinister
06-23-2016, 09:48 PM
My god how time flies. Just think, the kids who started watching the Nick cartoon in 2012 are now teenagers 4 years later in 2016.

If they were 10 in 2012 they would now be 14. If they were 8 they would now be 12 and almost becoming teens. Aside from very young kids I wouldn't be surprised if the original fanbase of the show outgrew it.

Reminds me of the fads from my days, like 80's TMNT, Power Rangers and Pokemon. All the kids watched the very first years of those shows and then outgrew them and moved on despite the shows still running for years. I bet it happened here.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/649/OK_thumb.png

Prowler
07-01-2016, 07:47 PM
We call this a mid-life crisis, Cubed. :roll:
30 isn't middle age/life, though. He'd need to be at least 40-45 to start having one lol.

snake
07-01-2016, 07:48 PM
30 isn't middle age/life, though. He'd need to be at least 40-45 to start having one lol.

I had one when I was 12

Prowler
07-01-2016, 07:53 PM
A couple of years ago CyberCubed's obsession was race. Now it's time and ageing. What's his next obsession/shtick gonna be? Wanna place your bets, folks? :P

snake
07-01-2016, 07:54 PM
A couple of years ago CyberCubed's obsession was race. Now it's time and ageing. What's his next obsession/shtick gonna be? Wanna place your bets, folks? :P

Melissa Benoist.

Oh wait

Jephael
07-04-2016, 07:57 PM

I could see him becoming a stickler over weight gain/loss