PDA

View Full Version : September 2016 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
06-22-2016, 03:36 AM
TMNT ONGOING #62
(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A/CA) Dave Wachter
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL017839.jpghttp://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL017840.jpg
"Chasing Phantoms," Part 2! One ally close to the Turtles faces grave danger while another makes a choice that will alter his life forever. Meanwhile the Turtles wonder if their path truly lies with the Foot Clan...

TMNT UNIVERSE #2
(W) Paul Allor & Various (A) Damian Couceiro & Various (CA) Freddie Williams
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL017842.jpg
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL017845.jpg

The Turtles are trapped and surrounded by the government. With them? One of their least favorite people in the world, Baxter Stockman! Will the unlikely allies find a way to work together and live to fight another day?

TMNT AMAZING ADVENTURES #14
(W) Caleb Goellner, Matt Manning (A) Chad Thomas, Jon Sommariva (CA) Jon Sommariva
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STL000001-020000/STL017837.jpg
"The Drip," Part 2! A new mutant that Donatello created, the Drip, learns that there's water all over the world... water that he can control if he can escape the Turtles! Will our guys in green get washed away by their new adversary?

Full solicitations here (http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/916?articleID=180246).

CyberCubed
06-22-2016, 08:20 AM
The Turtles surrounded by the government and what looks to be EPF soldiers, if I didn't know better I'd say this was a Bishop story. But there's no mention of him in the summaries and they say Baxter instead, so its odd.

Also depending on where this story takes place, Bishop would most likely be still monitoring Burnow Island and the Utroms.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-22-2016, 09:28 AM
The Turtles surrounded by the government and what looks to be EPF soldiers, if I didn't know better I'd say this was a Bishop story. But there's no mention of him in the summaries and they say Baxter instead, so its odd.

Also depending on where this story takes place, Bishop would most likely be still monitoring Burnow Island and the Utroms.

Dude, it's absolutely Bishop!

For one thing... there's a major connection between Stockman and Krang/Burnow Island.

PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!

We'll see a lot more Bishop starting in August of this year.

Utrommaniac
06-22-2016, 10:09 AM
I'm assuming that Bishop doesn't fully know about the Utroms yet. He knows the atmosphere on Burnow has been messed with. He probably knows about General Krang and feels that there's something fishy about him. He just has yet to see the Utroms and have an absolute confirmation on what's going on.

And then they'd have to wake up Ch'rell and sic him on Bishop once he starts raising hell.

Smacky
06-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know who did the alternate cover for #62? It looks so good

ProphetofGanja
06-22-2016, 08:34 PM
here's another variant cover for TMNTU #2:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/TMNT-Universe02-cvrRI-f09b0.jpg

bushido
06-22-2016, 09:42 PM

Goran Sudzuka.

MikeandRaph87
06-22-2016, 09:45 PM
Agent Bishop will get his first full appearance in August? As in TMNT Universe#1? I have been waiting for this!:D

neatoman
06-23-2016, 03:47 AM
It's clearly an EPF story, just look at the soldiers and choppers.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/26468972/images/1375812113832.jpg
That makes me very happy.

Utrommaniac
06-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Hmmm, this Solicitation makes me wonder if the students will turn on the master. :)

It's not a bad idea. If it's four years later from the first issue, then Leonardo - and maybe Donatello could be considered adults if they're going to keep to their human ages. They've already made their own (correct) decisions in spite of Splinter, so with that in mind, they might really start pushing it.

CyberCubed
06-23-2016, 10:00 AM
You know I wonder why I didn't make the connection that Baxter would work for Bishop earlier. I mean its common sense for two obvious reasons. It works well in the IDW universe, and because of the other obvious reason.

Redeemer
06-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Finally some Agent Bishop!!!!!!

spookycookies
06-27-2016, 11:17 AM

Personally I think it looks too simplistic to the point that it comes off a lazy. Compare it to the RI for Universe #2 that is at least in my taste how you handle the minimalist approach while still maintaining some kind of texture.

This just looks flat and boring. To each his own though.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 11:17 AM
I wonder if Winters and Knight will show up in this story Arc, and if Bishop might not mutate Knight into Megavolt to capture the turtles?

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Not to be a downer but tmnt universe so far just looks like another tmnt issue. There's no reason why this can't be tmnt issue 69 or another mini. I thought this was gonna further the adventures of the other characters. Why not start it off with something like a Slash and Leatherhead team up or whatever the Mutanimals are up to now without Hob or something like that. It just looks like part of the regular tmnt ongoing.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Not to be a downer but tmnt universe so far just looks like another tmnt issue. There's no reason why this can't be tmnt issue 69 or another mini. I thought this was gonna further the adventures of the other characters. Why not start it off with something like a Slash and Leatherhead team up or whatever the Mutanimals are up to now without Hob or something like that. It just looks like part of the regular tmnt ongoing.

Apparently Bishop and the EPF are in this first story arc, so that's a big new character.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 11:43 AM

I think they're starting with the TMNT then moving onto ther characters after the first arc. Maybe to hook new readers into the book so they'll give it a chance.

MikeandRaph87
07-02-2016, 11:48 AM
I think they're starting with the TMNT then moving onto ther characters after the first arc. Maybe to hook new readers into the book so they'll give it a chance.

That is exactly it and what Curnow stated in an interview. The first arc is four issues and will have the TMNT involved. After that only sparingly have all four Turtles involved in a storyline.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 03:38 PM
That is exactly it and what Curnow stated in an interview. The first arc is four issues and will have the TMNT involved. After that only sparingly have all four Turtles involved in a storyline.

Ah, now that makes more sense. Yeah, that will definitely work.

ProphetofGanja
07-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Also remember that Bobby mentioned there will be a back-up story in each TMNTU issue too, so that will be cool.

TMNTU will give the Turtles' world a lot more breathing room and opportunity for other characters to get some page-time which is awesome. Having too many characters that are complex and interesting is not a bad problem to have.

spookycookies
07-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Also remember that Bobby mentioned there will be a back-up story in each TMNTU issue too, so that will be cool.

TMNTU will give the Turtles' world a lot more breathing room and opportunity for other characters to get some page-time which is awesome. Having too many characters that are complex and interesting is not a bad problem to have.

Yeah my only concern with the IDW turtles is there just haven't been enough pages to explore this world each month. I'm very excited for universe and what we can get out of this format.

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 04:34 PM
The thing is most story arcs are also at least 4 issues long, so it also takes 4 issues just to tell one story. Its like that in many comic series so its not surprising, but I do think we can do with more 2-part stories from time to time like we had a little bit of.

darthsmozers
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Did I miss the solicit for the Archie vol 12?

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-05-2016, 06:22 PM
My only question is; who was the mutant who goes after stockman in Universe #1?