PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read light novels

Allio
06-22-2016, 10:52 AM
So outside of anime and manga, there is a format most people over look called "light novels" basically normal books at around 200 pages, about 4-5 chapters with a one page illustration per chapter (from what I have read)

Many series starts as light novel like the Haruhi Suzumiya series (as opposed to anime that starts as a manga) and the movie "edge of tomorrow" started as a light novel (with Cage originally being Keiji)

So with some companies like yen press doing translations. What series do you read?

Currently I'm reading:
Haruhi Suzumiya
No game, No life
Spice and Wolf
Psycho Love Comedy - Psycome

myconius
06-23-2016, 07:33 AM
So outside of anime and manga, there is a format most people over look called "light novels" basically normal books at around 200 pages, about 4-5 chapters with a one page illustration per chapter (from what I have read)

Many series starts as light novel like the Haruhi Suzumiya series (as opposed to anime that starts as a manga) and the movie "edge of tomorrow" started as a light novel (with Cage originally being Keiji)

So with some companies like yen press doing translations. What series do you read?

Currently I'm reading:
Haruhi Suzumiya
No game, No life
Spice and Wolf
Psycho Love Comedy - Psycome

haven't actually ever heard of that format before but it sounds pretty interesting.

on top the comics and mini-series already on my pull-list, i've actually just started reading 'Kubikiri Asa', and have been enjoying that very much.

will definitely read the 'Lone Wolf and Cub' series some time afterwards.

Allio
08-29-2016, 08:37 PM
picked up two more light novel series
Re:Zero
Overlord