PDA

View Full Version : Max Landis's pitch for TMNT 2

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Max Landis posted a video talking about a pitch he had for TMNT 2, and it's ending, his pitch was also a sequel to the 2014 movie.

MNwzVmyOtt4

Andrew NDB
06-24-2016, 04:06 PM
Can somebody summarize it for me?

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 04:09 PM
There's no justice in the world when we lose someone as wonderful as Anton Yelchin, but Max Landis remains.

The Fifth Turtle
06-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Can somebody summarize it for me?

Sure. In a nutshell: nothing you're going to like.

snake
06-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Summary needed. Max is only taken in small doses.

neatoman
06-24-2016, 04:21 PM
Venus... Why?...

In general it sounds similar to the actual movie we got but without Shredder, that is to say not good except maybe worse... Because he included Venus for some awful reason.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 04:24 PM
Part of his pitch involves the loneliness of the Turtles and wanting to be human, Donnie meets with Baxter Stockman and he said he can turn them into humans.

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Part of his pitch involves the loneliness of the Turtles and wanting to be human, Donnie meets with Baxter Stockman and he said he can turn them into humans.

All the wrong. All of it. Ultimate wrong message. Terrible. Wrong. Bad.

That's beauty and the beast. More to the point it implies being something "other than" necessitates change, specifically physical otherness.
Translated; Blacks want to be white, Gays want to be straight, etc. <- this is abhorrent thinking.

Humanity isn't the pinnacle. If anything, the Turtles are more than, not less.

He's just as disturbed as his father.

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Eh... eh... 'okay' so far, if depressing... "Leo wants to be a member of the Foot Clan." Goodbye.

Wtf. A guy with a Skittles rainbow coming out of his head is trying to put my do-gooder, smart, high integrity boy in the Foot Clan.

Yeah summery please, not going to make it any farther. Or timer marks of highlights. So what does he propose with Venus? Is it at least laughable?

Bry
06-24-2016, 04:47 PM
"Gee, I wish Max Landis would talk more." - nobody ever

Galactus
06-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Isn't this guy a friend of Dave Green's. I'm sure I've seen him interviewed and he mentioned that and haven't they conversed over twitter.

EDIT

He actually mentions he's friends with Green in the video. Oh and yes it's not very good.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 04:51 PM
His idea for Bebop and Rocksteady are these two punks, they turn into mutants, but don't like being mutants, so Baxter Stockman tells them he would turn them back to normal, if he works for him.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Isn't this guy a friend of Dave Green's. I'm sure I've seen him interviewed and he mentioned that and haven't they conversed over twitter.
He does mention in the beginning that he knows Dave Green, and he pitched his idea for the sequel, even though Dave Green told him they already have a script.

Andrew NDB
06-24-2016, 04:55 PM
Dave Green told him they already have a script.

Dave Green lied.

Etsyturtle2
06-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Is he gay? Just wondering.

Andrew NDB
06-24-2016, 05:05 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVz5kMwUAAAg810.jpg

Are you cruising for a piece of ass?

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 05:05 PM
So the girl Raph was with turns into Venus, Why not Mona Lisa. lol

He did say right off the bat, that his pitch was stupid lol

graphic_content
06-24-2016, 05:06 PM
that was awful - it made Out of the Shadows seem like Shakespeare.

(I did enjoy OOTS, but can admit it was heavily flawed)

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 05:09 PM
and his ending was set to music from Fallout Boy - Save Rock And Roll.

NinjaPug
06-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Max Landis' opinion? No thanks.

Technogeek29
06-24-2016, 05:12 PM

I do have to ask why does that matter?

ToTheNines
06-24-2016, 05:14 PM

He did say right off the bat, that his pitch was stupid lol

But TMNT is the stupidest, most retarded, stinkiest turd there is, right? So we would have all loved it!

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 05:14 PM
"With" in what sense?

Mind quickly falls into the gutter and guesses according to this guy mutation is now an STD.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 05:16 PM
"With" in what sense?

Mind quickly falls into the gutter and guesses according to this guy mutation is now an STD.
Probably cause Mona Lisa would be hotter then Venus, just saying. :tlol:

Powder
06-24-2016, 05:31 PM
I've never heard of this guy but even without clicking the video I can be certain his opinion is about as good as a hot coiled beagle turd on the kitchen floor.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 05:36 PM
I've never heard of this guy but even without clicking the video I can be certain his opinion is about as good as a hot coiled beagle turd on the kitchen floor.
He wrote Chronicle and is one of the writers for the new Power Rangers movie.

He's also the son of John Landis

Andrew NDB
06-24-2016, 05:37 PM
And wrote American Ultra, which to me is admittedly very good. Though it did crash and burn pretty dramatically at the box office.

Krutch
06-24-2016, 05:44 PM
So... I'm only ever watching that once but what I remembered was...

-the movie begins by establishing the brothers don't really like each other; they're too different from one another to be buds.
-Raph meets an Anna Kendrick type of scientist who has a disease that causes her to shake
-Anna Kendrick works for Baxter Stockman
-Donatello stalks Bill Nye at a museum wishing he was his friend
-Mikey wants to see the world but has no friends to do it with
-Leonardo wants to join the foot clan
-The turtles save a mugging from happening and the people they save call them freaks
-Anna Kendrick tells Raph they may have found a "cure" to turn the turtles human
-You find out Baxter is working for Krang, which we're supposed to believe is a company until the reveal that its aliens.
-The "Krangs"(his words) are like the Nick toon: business suits. At a dinner, a tentacle comes from out of his suit to wipe away some food from his face.
-The Turtles decide they're going to go through with Baxters experiment (or something... i kinda forget this part) and they take samples of their blood.
-Baxter finds two punks, Bebop and Rocksteady, and inject them with modified turtle blood to become "super soldiers." When they find out they're freaks, he says he can cure them but he has to work for him.
-Eventually theres a showdown on the Technodrome.
-Leo, alone, encounters a bunch of mousers and destroys them while the leaders of the "good foot clan" watch him in amazement.
-Mikey faces off against Beebop and Rocksteady on his own and convinces them to join him or the world will end.
-Donatello saves a bunch of scientists and Bill Nye by using his intelligence; all the scientists watch in awe.
-The turtles stop the technodrome, but doing so has left the "cure" for Anna Kendrick(I guess she was also trying to cure her disease with turtle blood) destroyed in the rubble.
-Back at the sewer, Splinter sees tensions and depression grow from the boys, so he says "get out for 2 weeks"
-As they're leaving one by one, Raph gets a call from Anna Kendrick, who's standing at the rubble of the TCRI building or technodrome or whatever. She's found the last vial of cure, and she's going to take it. Raph shouts at her not to take it and he runs after her in slow motion
-....aaaand cure Fallout Boy's "Save Rock and Roll"
-Leonardo, in Japan, returns a sword to the Foot Clan. They all bow to him, he bows back. They present him with a Foot Clan sword.
-Mikey hangs out with Beebop and Rocksteady in the grand canyon scaring some kid or something
-Donatello is invited inside the scientist museum place by Bill Nye and theres a big banner that says "Thank you, Donatello"
-Raphael finds Anna Kendrick passed out, covered by her jacket or something. He pulls it away to find out she's now a turtle. They touch hands, showing they fit. And they kiss.
-2 weeks later, the turtles all reunite in the sewer, beebop and rocksteady want to move in too, they all seem happy with their new lives. Splinter ends the movie by saying "Cool, dude".

...Hollywood Nepotism just isn't fair :cry:

TurtleTitan97
06-24-2016, 05:45 PM

-the movie begins by establishing the brothers don't really like each other; they're too different from one another to be buds.
-Raph meets an Anna Kendrick type of scientist who has a disease that causes her to shake
-The turtles save a mugging from happening and the people they save call them freaks
-Anna Kendrick tells Raph they may have found a "cure" to turn the turtles human
-You find out Baxter is working for Krang, which we're supposed to believe is a company until the reveal that its aliens.
-The "Krangs"(his words) are like the Nick toon: business suits. At a dinner, a tentacle comes from out of his suit to wipe away some food from his face.
-The Turtles decide they're going to go through with Baxters experiment (or something... i kinda forget this part) and they take samples of their blood.
-Baxter finds two punks, Bebop and Rocksteady, and inject them with modified turtle blood to become "super soldiers." When they find out they're freaks, he says he can cure them but he has to work for him.
-Leo, alone, encounters a bunch of mousers and destroys them while the leaders of the "good foot clan" watch him in amazement.
-Mikey faces off against Beebop and Rocksteady on his own and convinces them to join him or the world will end.
-Donatello saves a bunch of scientists and Bill Nye by using his intelligence; all the scientists watch in awe.
-The turtles stop the technodrome, but doing so has left the "cure" for Anna Kendrick(I guess she was also trying to cure her disease with turtle blood) destroyed in the rubble.
-Back at the sewer, Splinter sees tensions and depression grow from the boys, so he says "get out for 2 weeks"
-As they're leaving one by one, Raph gets a call from Anna Kendrick, who's standing at the rubble of the TCRI building or technodrome or whatever. She's found the last vial of cure, and she's going to take it. Raph shouts at her not to take it and he runs after her in slow motion
-Leonardo, in Japan, returns a sword to the Foot Clan. They all bow to him, he bows back. They present him with a Foot Clan sword.
-Mikey hangs out with Beebop and Rocksteady in the grand canyon scaring some kid or something
-Donatello is invited inside the scientist museum place by Bill Nye and theres a big banner that says "Thank you, Donatello"
-Raphael finds Anna Kendrick passed out, covered by her jacket or something. He pulls it away to find out she's now a turtle. They touch hands, showing they fit. And they kiss.
-2 weeks later, the turtles all reunite in the sewer, beebop and rocksteady want to move in too, they all seem happy with their new lives. Splinter ends the movie by saying "Cool, dude".

That sounds terrible.

And I thought his other movie pitches were weird, but this is worse!

Andrew NDB
06-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a toxic cocktail that's two parts horrific, two parts ghastly. But at least consistent with itself containing a story arc with actual motivations.

Krutch
06-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Well, I mean, there's Anna Kendrick, so.. that's something I guess. She's alright.

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 06:10 PM

Thank you

That said. What the hell did I just read about. This is better off as some DA fan AU comic...

Dave Green, how did you keep a straight face.

Ninjinister
06-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Well, I mean, there's Anna Kendrick, so.. that's something I guess. She's alright.

Yeah I don't often dig celebrities but I dig her.

But yeah I have no idea who the bloke is or have heard of anything he's been involved with other than the Power Ranger movie... and if his ideas for that are anything like this, God help every fan of that series.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 06:38 PM
To SOME of the People complaining about this...and yet you're ok with Bebop and Rocksteady checking out their dicks & farting, Casey as a loser cop looking like a GQ model, and Turtles as one-dimensional characters with no motivations (and no brotherly care/moments) aka the new movie?

:roll:

At least (in watching the video), it seems like the guy would like to see the Turtles as 3-Dimensional characters instead of superficial nothings.

Yeah, how dare he try to give his own rationale on how to give these characters at least a tiny bit of distinction....which is more thought than anyone did in the scripts and directing of these new Super CHUDS flicks...

And yes, I liked Chronicle (which he wrote).

Aaronardo
06-24-2016, 06:45 PM
and his ending was set to music from Fallout Boy - Save Rock And Roll.

Ew, Fall Out Boy. That overrated "punk" band with insipid lyrics and generic guitar chords. Sorry, my music nerd wouldn't shut up.

As for Max Landis, I knew nothing about the guy before this thread, but a quick search on Google doesn't yield very good results. Which makes sense on why his pitch for OoTS is utter garbage. Seriously, I didn't think they could make that movie much worse. Apparently it's possible. I mean, Leo wanting to join the Foot Clan? Raph having sex with a woman and turning her into Venus de Milo? Does this guy even know what a Ninja Turtle is? (That question is highly rhetorical).

Max Landis: the man that proves that, with the right morons at the helm, anything can be even sh*ttier!

Powder
06-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Yeah, wow, that's f**king horrible. He should have to eat a sewer pizza for having even thought about it, let alone presenting it.

TurtleGuy
06-24-2016, 06:49 PM
To SOME of the People complaining about this...and yet you're ok with Bebop and Rocksteady checking out their dicks & farting, Casey as a loser cop looking like a GQ model, and Turtles as one-dimensional characters with no motivations (and no brotherly care/moments) aka the new movie?

:roll:

At least (in watching the video), it seems like the guy would like to see the Turtles as 3-Dimensional characters instead of superficial nothings.

Yeah, how dare he try to give his own rationale on how to give these characters at least a tiny bit of distinction....which is more thought than anyone did in the scripts and directing of these new Super CHUDS flicks...

And yes, I liked Chronicle (which he wrote).

I have literally not seen anyone in this thread say that they were okay with that stuff that made it into the final movie. In fact, a lot of people have complained about the final movie. They're just saying that this one doesn't seem to be much better.

TigerClaw
06-24-2016, 06:53 PM
He did say his pitch was stupid in the beginning, personally I thought his pitch was amusing, an idea like this would never get approval from the producers and for good reasons, I think he just did it for fun.

TurtleGuy
06-24-2016, 07:00 PM
He did say his pitch was stupid in the beginning, personally I thought his pitch was amusing, an idea like this would never get approval from the producers and for good reasons, I think he just did it for fun.

I know. It's hilariously bad.

CyberCubed
06-24-2016, 07:39 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kqaDFyt_cV8/UiUcxvl9-JI/AAAAAAAAWg4/UNTyKTjznD0/s1600/Stupid+People.jpg

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 08:07 PM
Never said it was an awesome idea. Never said it were great/fantastic ideas. I never even said it was good ideas. And never said that it would be the kind of flick that I wanted.

I just like the fact that the guy seemed to put at least a 'Little' Thought into the characterizations of the characters, unlike the recent TMNT flicks. THAT's what I appreciated.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Words fail me.

All I am now is utter seething burning rage that somebody like this ever said anything in public regarding my favorite franchise.

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Or for that matter be a serious danger zone of having the right connections and prior work. :teek:

Thank you Dave Green. Phew. (Not that what did happen is without it's flaws, but you prob didn't have much say in the script you had to work with anyhow.)

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Again...I'm not saying the pitch is fantastic or great. Or even good...

I guess I just don't truly get some of the huge reactions, like someone asking whether the guy is gay, and so forth. Especially after seeing (in my opinion) the worst done to these characters (boners, fart jokes, CHUD/Shrek/Juiced Up Steroid-Abusing looks, Megan Fox, etc.)

I've seen one person actually explain his viewpoint (the beauty and the beast thing) which I disagree with...

I can perfectly see why the Turtles would want to be human. It's what anybody would feel if they were in the Turtles' position.

On one hand, you can be human and get a girlfriend, a life without living in disease infested sewers or having to hide otherwise you'll get dissected, and never even being able to make too many friends for fear of being caught. Or if you want one day to have kids/etc. then you'd have the choice. In other words, what a lot of teens do think about and have an actual future.

On the other hand, you'd more than likely die alone with your 3 to 4 family members in a sewer.

The Beauty and the Beast analogy is pure fantasy and pure BS. It doesn't work that way in the real word. I'm sorry, but it simply doesn't. For every single person? No. There are people who can see over that which is fantastic.

But from what I've seen in today's age, that isn't the majority of folks' viewpoints. Again, that's the sad but honest reality in today's age.

And in reality, we'd all want the 'cure to go from A Turtle to A Human'. I'm sorry, I don't buy the 'i'll stick to being a Turtle/mutant/etc. just because' argument...it just feels forced, weak, and Hollywood BS.

Even WE/OURSELVES (a lot, can't speak for all) were talking about how ugly the Turtles look (and still look) in these new films.

Don's characterization I could see. A smart guy wanting to belong and doesn't feel connected to his brothers. So I can see Max's point about that.

For Mikey, I can definitely understand the idea of him wanting to see the world.

Leo wanting to honor Splinter? We all can agree with that part of the pitch. If Leo got Splinter's permission and lead a certain good faction of the Foot (for good, not evil)...I think that's actually an interesting idea (especially to come further into play in a future story/sequel).

I like the idea of Leo fighting some Mousers (for action/visual style). Mikey taking on Bebop & Rocksteady by himself seems pretty cool for his character (showing that he's a physical force and not just a mouth piece). Don saving some scientists and having personal friends to call his own is another interesting idea (not too many incarnations that have Donny getting outside human friends).

I don't care for Max's pitch on Fall Out Boy (don't care for their music). The 'actress later turning into a turtle idea' isn't that appealing and seems pretty much of an 'OC put into a Fan Fic' approach. The Splinter having the last line of 'Cool Dude' is atrocious.

So I don't mind some of the stuff that he said (and some I did mind). I would rather just see great fight scenes mixed in with a lot of 'family downtime aka Mikey pranking Raph, Raph helping Donnie fix stuff, Raph and Mikey fighting over video games, etc.' to bring them down to our level and be relatable.

I guess I just don't get the reason for the whole 'maybe he's gay' or 'he's disturbed like his dad' and such type of comments.

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 09:18 PM
WTF did I just watch.

Donatello eavesdropping is kind of interesting, but the rest of it was a very poor adaptation. All he really did was write an hyper emo episode of CW trash.

Max Landis is the face of tumblr. Dude would love to make-out with himself.

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 09:30 PM
I've seen one person actually explain his viewpoint (the beauty and the beast thing) which I disagree with...

I can perfectly see why the Turtles would want to be human. It's what anybody would feel if they were in the Turtles' position.

On one hand, you can be human and get a girlfriend, a life without living in disease infested sewers or having to hide otherwise you'll get dissected, and never even being able to make too many friends for fear of being caught. Or if you want one day to have kids/etc. then you'd have the choice. In other words, what a lot of teens do think about and have an actual future.

On the other hand, you'd more than likely die alone with your 3 to 4 family members in a sewer.

The Beauty and the Beast analogy is pure fantasy and pure BS. It doesn't work that way in the real word. I'm sorry, but it simply doesn't. For every single person? No. There are people who can see over that which is fantastic.

But from what I've seen in today's age, that isn't the majority of folks' viewpoints. Again, that's the sad but honest reality in today's age.

And in reality, we'd all want the 'cure to go from A Turtle to A Human'. I'm sorry, I don't buy the 'i'll stick to being a Turtle/mutant/etc. just because' argument...it just feels forced, weak, and Hollywood BS.

Not my argument. My argument is only a human would want to be human, again, if for example they were "disfigured" or some ugly version of a human. That's natural. We'd all want to be normal, but that then introduces our definition of normality. Bebop and Rocksteady would probably freak out, if in this world Yoshi is Splinter, likely the same. They'd probably want to be "cured", unless of course, they prefer their new selves.

But imagine yourself as something other than human. That would be how you define normality. Becoming human would be abnormal, just like for you, suddenly being a goldfish would be, abnormal.
Like I said, it's kind of the argument that I secretly long to be white, or that Lesbians actually just need the right "man".
So yeah, wanting to become Human is total absolute ********, if anything, they'd want to be cured, and return to being a turtle, as that would define normality for them.

It's a question of perspective.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 09:42 PM
But imagine yourself as something other than human. That would be how you define normality. Becoming human would be abnormal, just like for you, suddenly being a goldfish would be, abnormal.
Like I said, it's kind of the argument that I secretly long to be white, or that Lesbians actually just need the right "man".
So yeah, wanting to become Human is total absolute ********, if anything, want to be cured, and return to being a turtle, as that would define normality for them.

It's a question of perspective.

I'm sorry, but I still disagree (like you said, it's perspective. I just do not agree with your perspective). I don't think that's the same thing. It makes perfect sense to me that 4 brothers who live in fear of being caught/dissected, living in disease-infested/stank sewers, and have only themselves and no choice to have a love life, kids, a house with two cars, etc. (and then getting the choice to change that) is not the same as 'lesbian, non-white, etc.)

I mean, isn't that part of the reason why Raph is so angry about life and the world? Because he can't even do something as simple as 'go to the movies' (let alone the bigger/more important stuff) without risking being seen (thus the possibility of finding out about his family), caught, dissected, and so forth?

To be honest, the better comparison is the 'rags to riches' tales (just not in the monetary sense). Or having a life that you feel sucks (you hate your job, or the town you're in, or whatever) and you say 'screw it, I'm going to grab the chance myself to get a better life' and you do. Which (in my opinion) would be why the Turtles would want to be human.

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Though why would Leo even head a good faction of The Foot, instead of just being/remaining an entirely separate entity?

Sure, I believe (through only vague memory) there is, as he speaks about, one instance of Splinter having been a part of the The Foot before it turned bad - in the '87 series I think, yes? - but this guy proposes this as a sequel to 2014 and clearly that is not this Foot and the reason he suggests of Splinter for Leo even wanting to can't exist here.

Tell you what... in the book for the actual sequel, after the Turtles break off in pairs after their fight they do talk about what they might do with their lives were they human (or I suppose if they simply had the freedom). Donnie gets Leo to open up and, after clarifying that talking about this is only a game, he says that "theoretically" he (predictably) always thought it would be nice to open a dojo and teach the next generation. It's predictable for him, but...it's him. I'd rather that than wanting to be in the Foot for no good reason that would even inspire him to want to associate with that name to begin with.

If curious - in the book Donnie says he'd move to California and get a job in the computer industry.

Mikey would "...rock the extreme game circuit. Travel the world, city to city." (So there are some elements this guy is curiously close on...)

Raph thinks he'd go military, special forces, Navy SEALs or Green Berets. "Maybe I'd even form my own division -- SEAL Team Turtle. Has a nice ring to it." (Which I've actually joked about before if the Turtles ended up known and allied with the government and military, being Turtles Special Ops. lol)

Btw I think this is prob where the "disguised" wing suit figure comes from, Mikey kids him about the "SEAL Team Turtle" thing in the plane before they jump.

The human thing... honestly, I think I'd be agreeing with Leo (in the actual film), so though it may sound like an unimaginable choice to remain in the difficult life that you know, if it requires fundamentally changing who you are and you aren't okay with that... yeah, I could see saying no. I wouldn't want to do it either. No more than I'd get plastic surgery in real life to change my appearance to something I felt was more attractive. Some people would, others would not. Some people are the types that accept the hand that is dealt to them and work with what they've got, even if it's a challenge. I understand his being against it. I could not change myself and look in the mirror and ever feel normal or right about it, it just wouldn't be me. (And before someone brings up what if it was plastic surgery to fix terrible burn scarring or something... I dunno. Such an injury leaves you different already against your will.)

If these films continued, I'd far more wish to see them carefully gain more acceptance over time as they are. A lot more meaning in something hard won. They've got friends in the police department now, so they've got a bit of backup to stand behind them and help protect their well being.

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 10:07 PM
They are not humans. It's really that simple.

It makes perfect sense to me that 4 brothers who live in fear of being caught/dissected, living in disease-infested/stank sewers, and have only themselves and no choice to have a love life, kids, a house with two cars, etc.

Maybe these are things you want. You're projecting an human ideal. I don't have two cars. I don't want two cars. I don't even want one car. I hate cars.
They're destructive and expensive. I'd rather cars didn't exist, to be frank. Guess I'm not living the dream...:roll:

I mean, isn't that part of the reason why Raph is so angry about life and the world? Because he can't even do something as simple as 'go to the movies' (let alone the bigger/more important stuff) without risking being seen (thus the possibility of finding out about his family), caught, dissected, and so forth?

You're really caught up on the dissection angle. Who started the dissection myth? why is the the first thing you go to? If anything,. yeah, humans would probably kill them, but that's a different fear.

Lots of folks want to kill blacks, I'm not keen to be anything like them, at all. I don't want to be a part of their world. That's Ariel, in a story about how women must, be transformed and give up a part of themselves to live happily with a man. Kinda screwed up logic, but there you have it.

And who said Raphs' problem stems from not being normal? Maybe he's pissed because he's the shortest? Maybe he's aggressive cause he's got worms? Maybe he's a closet homosexual? Maybe he hates HUMANS and wishes he could just go back to being a turtle, because Humans wouldn't accept him.

To be honest, the better comparison is the 'rags to riches' tales (just not in the monetary sense). Or having a life that you feel sucks (you hate your job, or the town you're in, or whatever) and you say 'screw it, I'm going to grab the chance myself to get a better life' and you do. Which (in my opinion) would be why the Turtles would want to be human.

The larger point, is that the message to kids that you're proposing is simply self centered, materialistic, and extremely myopic.
You're setting up a story where the central characters are told they are unfit, and don't belong to society, so they have to change themselves, and prove their worth to everyone despite being rejected.
In other words, intolerance is the fault of the judged, not the judge; the victim should make amends for being an other.

Sorry man. This isn't rags to riches, which in and of itself is a horrible story to teach children.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 10:31 PM
Though why would Leo even head a good faction of The Foot, instead of just being/remaining an entirely separate entity?

Sure, I believe (through only vague memory) there is, as he speaks about, one instance of Splinter having been a part of the The Foot before it turned bad - in the '87 series I think, yes? - but this guy proposes this as a sequel to 2014 and clearly that is not this Foot and the reason he suggests of Splinter for Leo even wanting to can't exist here.

Tell you what... in the book for the actual sequel, after the Turtles break off in pairs after their fight they do talk about what they might do with their lives were they human (or I suppose if they simply had the freedom). Donnie gets Leo to open up and, after clarifying that talking about this is only a game, he says that "theoretically" he (predictably) always thought it would be nice to open a dojo and teach the next generation. It's predictable for him, but...it's him. I'd rather that than wanting to be in the Foot for no good reason that would even inspire him to want to associate with that name to begin with.

If curious - in the book Donnie says he'd move to California and get a job in the computer industry.

Mikey would "...rock the extreme game circuit. Travel the world, city to city." (So there are some elements this guy is curiously close on...)

Raph thinks he'd go military, special forces, Navy SEALs or Green Berets. "Maybe I'd even form my own division -- SEAL Team Turtle. Has a nice ring to it." (Which I've actually joked about before if the Turtles ended up known and allied with the government and military, being Turtles Special Ops. lol)

Btw I think this is prob where the "disguised" wing suit figure comes from, Mikey kids him about the "SEAL Team Turtle" thing in the plane before they jump.

The human thing... honestly, I think I'd be agreeing with Leo (in the actual film), so though it may sound like an unimaginable choice to remain in the difficult life that you know, if it requires fundamentally changing who you are and you aren't okay with that... yeah, I could see saying no. I wouldn't want to do it either. No more than I'd get plastic surgery in real life to change my appearance to something I felt was more attractive. Some people would, others would not. Some people are the types that accept the hand that is dealt to them and work with what they've got, even if it's a challenge. I understand his being against it. I could not change myself and look in the mirror and ever feel normal or right about it, it just wouldn't be me. (And before someone brings up what if it was plastic surgery to fix terrible burn scarring or something... I dunno. Such an injury leave you different already against your will.)

Well, it would just depend on the story. For example, if some of his brothers didn't want to be Ninjas (Don wanted to stick with just staying at home and being a scientist, if Mikey wanted to see the world or just stay at home and play games/relax/skate, and Raph didn't want to follow Leo's lead) but Leo did (perhaps he has enjoyed/become accustomed/feels it is his lease on life to do this)...then instead of forcing his brothers into that path, he'd go with a new faction to patrol (but come home each night to his brothers/etc.)

Or, perhaps Leo wants to 'do good in the city' but he feels compelled to not put his brothers' into mortal danger. So he feels (in a way) more comfortable leading a faction of the Foot which aren't his family (thus when danger occurs, then at least his family wouldn't be in a crossfire or so forth). Again, it would just depend on the writing and how far you want to delve into Leo's psyche/frame of mind/etc.

I still don't get the 'human' argument. Honestly, I would think that Leo was being an idiot, to be bluntly honest about it (nothing against you).

And I know you brought up the 'burn/scarring' thing. But that would be the same thing. To me, it's definitely more understandable that people would definitely be up for fixing their 'burned/scarred' selves instead of going 'eh, i'm burned. Oh well. I'll live with it.'

Granted, if you wanted to go 'oh well, I'm burned. I'll live with it'? Good on them. I just think it's more rational to think that more people would be willing to want to get 'fixed up as much as they could' instead of remaining that way. That's all.

I mean...in a way your own avatar kinda tells that. Take Leo's face, but change it a bet to 'make it look better' (actually, I won't put words into your mouth on that).

But there have been many discussions on how 'ugly the Turtles look' and how we'd 'like to see their faces look different'. Which, in a way, is a form of facial surgery.

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 10:40 PM
except, the ugly bayturtles are not THE Ninja Turtles.

Infact, I'm inclined to imagine those movies never happened.

But this does raise the question...

Is Max Landis responsible for the "becoming human" component of PDMT2?

Is he to blame?

IndigoErth
06-24-2016, 10:59 PM
I mean...in a way your own avatar kinda tells that. Take Leo's face, but change it a bet to 'make it look better' (actually, I won't put words into your mouth on that).

But there have been many discussions on how 'ugly the Turtles look' and how we'd 'like to see their faces look different'. Which, in a way, is a form of facial surgery.
Touché.

But to be fair I'm not really one for changing avatars and that's from back when I was still really off on their designs. Though I admittedly kinda adore 2014 Leo now as I do many other versions, I still like that pic as simply a cool meeting between old and new. It kind of stopped being a personal statement a while back.

Is Max Landis responsible for the "becoming human" component of PDMT2?

Is he to blame?
Been wondering. Since that is rather...coincidental? Or is he just talking out of his butt, making up stuff after already knowing about it. (Maybe not, but I know nothing of this person or his believability.)

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 11:03 PM
They are not humans. It's really that simple. Maybe these are things you want. You're projecting an human ideal. I don't have two cars. I don't want two cars. I don't even want one car. I hate cars.
They're destructive and expensive. I'd rather cars didn't exist, to be frank. Guess I'm not living the dream...:roll:

You're really caught up on the dissection angle. Who started the dissection myth? why is the the first thing you go to? If anything,. yeah, humans would probably kill them, but that's a different fear.

And who said Raphs' problem stems from not being normal? Maybe he's pissed because he's the shortest? Maybe he's aggressive cause he's got worms? Maybe he's a closet homosexual? Maybe he hates HUMANS and wishes he could just go back to being a turtle, because Humans wouldn't accept him.

The larger point, is that the message to kids that you're proposing is simply self centered, materialistic, and extremely myopic.
You're setting up a story where the central characters are told they are unfit, and don't belong to society, so they have to change themselves, and prove their worth to everyone despite being rejected.
In other words, intolerance is the fault of the judged, not the judge; the victim should make amends for being an other.

Sorry man. This isn't rags to riches, which in and of itself is a horrible story to teach children.

But they would be raised by human ideals. Not animal ideals. Whether through Television, or books, or Pop Culture, or so forth. They would have human-like emotions, thoughts, and feelings. So it'd be easy to see that they/themselves would/could get those same urge to have those 'human ideals' if raised for years with the books, TV, and just outside environment/arena of humans to want those same 'human ideals'. Whether you think that's right or wrong for them to do, it would be understandable if they did feel that way, let alone wanted that.

The two cars things was just a generalization. Not meant to be as specific as 'they want that and nothing else, and you must have 2 cars or else'. I don't have a car either.

'Why do you go to the dissection angle'. Because anytime we, as a species, find any new creature or new form of life? Sooner or later, it'll get captured for studies, brought back, and (sooner or later) will be dissected to "learn more" about it.

As for the Raph question...it can be all of those things. It can be none of those things. It just depends on the viewer (or if the writer puts some work into it) and what that person wants to interpret it. When I read comics, watch movies, and so forth with the Raph character...that's how I interpret his character. If you don't, then oh well.

As for your last point...well, I don't agree with your assessment and won't even get into it with you.

I really don't get the whole 'rags to riches is a horrible story for kids' thing. I guess perhaps in the way it's told by the writer...but if told well, then I think those kind of stories (Cinderella, Rocky, The Pursuit of Happiness) work well.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-24-2016, 11:05 PM
except, the ugly bayturtles are not THE Ninja Turtles.

Sure, to us.

But to some, they are the Ninja Turtles.

Touché.

But to be fair I'm not really one for changing avatars and that's from back when I was still really off on their designs. Though I admittedly kinda adore 2014 Leo now as I do many other versions, I still like that pic as simply a cool meeting between old and new. It kind of stopped being a personal statement a while back.

Ok then, that's no problem. But at one point, you and others did (and to a lot of us, still do) think that they looked ugly as hell or at the very least went 'Eh, What?'. And, perhaps at one point had thought 'man, I wish those designs and faces would change'.

It's just something I had to bring up. It's a discussion of 'don't change what you look like, don't change who you are' and yet at the same time we were going 'Please change those ugly as Shrek faces', some people having arguments on 'nostrils', and so forth way back in 2014 (and even nowadays).

Commenter 42
06-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Sure, to us.

But to some, they are the Ninja Turtles.

Blasphemy.
:lol:

no, but seriously...

RETTEB SNATAS
06-25-2016, 01:31 AM

http://i.imgur.com/yNen4e9.gif

ZariusTwo
06-25-2016, 06:20 AM
I have a lot of time for Landis. His Superman: American Alien comic book series is excellent. His deconstruction of the Turtles relationships sounds like the kick starter for a nice journey the whole film, and he makes it clear Leonardo wanted to join a redeemed Foot Clan.

Is he to blame?

He said they were late in the scripting, so maybe the idea already existed and Dave clued him into that part of the process, which inspired part of the pitch.

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 06:23 AM
Max, don't try to Landis, or anything, on TMNT ever again.

see what I did there?

Vicky82
06-25-2016, 06:25 AM
Who the hell is Max Landis????????

The Deadman
06-25-2016, 06:41 AM
If he admitted his pitch was stupid, why would he even think of submitting it?

ToTheNines
06-25-2016, 06:56 AM
If he admitted his pitch was stupid, why would he even think of submitting it?

Because TMNT is a stupid crappy turd. So why not?

chrisdude
06-25-2016, 07:18 AM
Sounds about as good as his goofy Superman mini I just read :ohwell:

Foombamaroom
06-25-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm completely dumbfounded that this man gets paid to write movies.

Powder
06-25-2016, 07:45 AM
The whole world is screwed. Where art thou, Meteors...

Commenter 42
06-25-2016, 08:02 AM
Who the hell is Max Landis????????

Max Landis is the son of John Landis, the famous director of Thriller. He also directed American Werewolf in London, and a scene in Twilightzone, the movie.

Hey, fun fact: One night, on the set of Twilightzone, he was shooting a scene where a helicopter was landing. He was having a difficult time framing the actors and the helicopter, so he started yelling, like a maniac: closer you assholes! Get the chopper closer! Bring it down!

Landis, is famous for being emotionally unbalanced...it seems to run in the family...

"Closer!" He screamed! You ****s, get it ****ing closer... CLOSER!!!!

CLO--

Yep... the pilot did as he was told, and took the actors heads clean off their bodies. An adult, and a child.

Fun fact #2

Max Landis was the inspiration for Alex Luthor, son of Lex Luthor, in BVS.

So now you know...

Candy Kappa
06-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Well... That was terrible.

ZariusTwo
06-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Max Landis was the inspiration for Alex Luthor, son of Lex Luthor, in BVS.

Even funnier, Max made a video criticising BVS.

Commenter 42
06-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Well... That was terrible.

It's one of the "ghost stories" they told on the set of the blues brothers sequel when he would start acting like a dick. He'd start yelling and a grip would side eye another grip and mutter... "closer!!!!" and give a laugh...

He's not well liked.

Etsyturtle2
06-25-2016, 11:46 AM
I do have to ask why does that matter?

Doesn't matter. And I don't mind. I was curious.

AquaParade
06-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Had a fun time listening to his pitch. Pretty hilarious and while it wouldn't be my ideal tmnt movie, it sounds better than what we got.

I think it would be a good thing if this video blew up and he ended up being contacted to script an actual legit Turtles movie.

TigerClaw
06-25-2016, 12:33 PM
Had a fun time listening to his pitch. Pretty hilarious and while it wouldn't be my ideal tmnt movie, it sounds better than what we got.

I think it would be a good thing if this video blew up and he ended up being contacted to script an actual legit Turtles movie.
If he did, he should read the IDW comics to get a sense of what the story should be.

Technogeek29
06-25-2016, 12:46 PM
If he did, he should read the IDW comics to get a sense of what the story should be.

I'd add some other elements as to not alienate one part of the fanbase.

marcelangelo
06-25-2016, 01:15 PM

God please no!i hate that Version of the tmnt.i know many do but I couldn't t care less about that..

neatoman
06-25-2016, 02:12 PM
God please no!i hate that Version of the tmnt.i know many do but I couldn't t care less about that..

Why is that?

ZariusTwo
06-25-2016, 02:24 PM
Venus!? Human turtles? Oh wow, it's like all the bad elements in OotS, made worse... :tsad:

Venus wasn't in OOTS, and the Turtles being interested in turning human was a compelling part of the movie.

But whatever, enjoy your routine, safe, predictable "silent age" bollocks

Powder
06-25-2016, 02:37 PM
He's as outwardly against Mirage as you are, dipstick. Stop sh*tting on the source material, especially when it's not even a part of the conversation. If you're really 35 years old, act like it.

neatoman
06-25-2016, 02:45 PM
He's as outwardly against Mirage as you are, dipstick. Stop sh*tting on the source material, especially when it's not even a part of the conversation. If you're really 35 years old, act like it.

He's simply not able to act his age, literally. He openly admitted to suffering from aspergers, so the way he acts really can't be helped.

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Because TMNT is a stupid crappy turd. So why not?

Still trying to figure out whether you like TMNT or not.

TurtleTitan97
06-25-2016, 03:07 PM

You do realize he's not actually serious, right?

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 03:13 PM
You do realize he's not actually serious, right?

Its hard to tell with Nines here.

ToTheNines
06-25-2016, 03:32 PM

Routine, safe and predictable you say? What season of the OT is this "silent age" from then? :lol:

Well this is in in my basement...

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/craig-5/IMG_0019.jpg

So let's go with, "yes, I do".

It's TigerClaw, Brad Fuller, the upatnoon dorks and Michael Bay that hate TMNT.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
06-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Routine, safe and predictable you say? What season of the OT is this "silent age" from then? :lol:

Well this is in in my basement...

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/craig-5/IMG_0019.jpg

So let's go with, "yes, I do".

It's TigerClaw, Brad Fuller, the upatnoon dorks and Michael Bay that hate TMNT.

Ah man. You actually have the 2003 cartoon DVDs of Season 1 and Season 2. Lucky!

TigerClaw
06-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Its hard to tell with Nines here.
Don't take him seriously, you tend to see a lot of stuff being said here, but I don't think they actually mean it.

Considering what Max Landis discussed on his take on TMNT 2 and the ending, I thought it was a humorous take, and should not be taken seriously.

TigerClaw
06-25-2016, 04:56 PM
TigerClaw's brain.

http://www.dreamyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Polished-Turd.jpg
See? this is what I'm talking about, don't take stuff like that seriously.

Commenter 42
06-25-2016, 05:00 PM
See? this is what I'm talking about, don't take stuff like that seriously.

Because, what we're all after, is another director who doesn't take TMNT seriously... :roll:

TigerClaw
06-25-2016, 05:06 PM
Because, what we're all after, is another director who doesn't take TMNT seriously... :roll:
Well, talking about someone here who is taking things a little too personal by attacking someone, When I see stuff like that around, I just ignore it and continue on with whatever.

people need to lighten up. ;)

ToTheNines
06-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Sorry TC, since you like your polished turd-les so much I just thought you'd like that.

Meant no offense.

Aaronardo
06-25-2016, 06:00 PM
I mean, at least it's shiny. I've seen worse turds.

thundermaster612
06-25-2016, 06:11 PM
You all are turds.

Bry
06-25-2016, 06:47 PM
Venus wasn't in OOTS, and the Turtles being interested in turning human was a compelling part of the movie.

"YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE"

https://media2.giphy.com/media/kzuKRQ9BN3Ffy/giphy.gif

And... is that a shot at Mirage? Because if so, ho ho ho ho oh my.

Etsyturtle2
06-25-2016, 07:29 PM
You all are turds.

True dat. Mmmhmm. :nod:

Commenter 42
06-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Starting to wonder just how many of the folks round here are Aspies.

snake
06-25-2016, 09:42 PM
Starting to wonder just how many of the folks round here are Aspies.

TigerClaw checks out with his weird viral marketing routine.

chrisdude
06-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Y'all took a dumb video and made a real dumb thread.

Commenter 42
06-26-2016, 12:05 AM
All threads are dumb.

Next.

ZariusTwo
06-26-2016, 09:14 AM

OT is fun, wholesome, and has a good sense of morality about it. Something this toilet used to have, but sadly lacks more than ever.

"YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE"

https://media2.giphy.com/media/kzuKRQ9BN3Ffy/giphy.gif

That .gif sums you and your cronies up in this whole section more than me, constantly kicking up storms and causing trouble all because some of us dared to enjoy something you did'nt and not conforming to the flock.

I never used to mind MIRAGE, but the way you lot go on as if it should be the only way TMNT needs to be done from now until the end of recorded autism has just made flat out wish you never get your way.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-26-2016, 09:32 AM
The juicebox crowd is kicking up another tantrum, eh?

ZariusTwo
06-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Made a thread about it elsewhere. (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55688)

Let's try and rerail this thread.

GoldMutant
06-26-2016, 09:40 AM
..... Getting back on topic....

Seems it does a few things better, but in other ways Landis doesn't do things correctly. A joke at best but not my cup of tea overall. Also, probably not the best thing to do, but if I were to direct a trilogy or write it this is what I'd do:

Movie 1: Crime sweeping the city with the Purple Dragons' unknown benefactor. Hun would be the primary villain as a result of this with some set up for Stockman and Casey in a sequel. The Turtles are wearing their signature color masks, but by the end of the trilogy revert to entirely red as an evolution in their training. Origin not flat out brought up, but briefly mentioned in dialogue to be revealed when "the time is right."

Movie 2: Enter Baxter, who creates the mutants (can be Groundchuck and Dirtbag as they've not been used yet or Leatherhead and Slash). The mutagen plays a vital part in the story as the Turtles track down their origins; Casey also introduced.

Movie 3: Shredder finally brought in.

I'll probably work on this more later, but there you go. I'm honestly still neutral to Out of the Shadows and don't have intention on seeing it personally as of this time.

LeotheLateBloomer
06-26-2016, 09:58 AM
I never used to mind MIRAGE, but the way you lot go on as if it should be the only way TMNT needs to be done from now until the end of recorded autism has just made flat out wish you never get your way.

To be fair, we can say the same about the OT. I feel that comic book films work very well when they pay their respects to the source material. You can argue that TMNT had multiply different interpretations but so has Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. When I read issue #1 of the Mirage comics, the story just pulled me in. I felt like this would make a great story for a TMNT film. Even after being exposed to the Archie comics, I felt like they never reached this deep before. This is when I was still a teenager.

Bry
06-26-2016, 10:56 AM
That .gif sums you and your cronies up in this whole section more than me, constantly kicking up storms and causing trouble all because some of us dared to enjoy something you did'nt and not conforming to the flock.

I don't care if you enjoyed it or not. That has nothing to do with me. I've said multiple times on this forum that if someone enjoyed the movie, I'm sincerely happy for them. Just because I dislike and make fun of these movies doesn't mean I'm attacking you personally. Other opinions don't invalidate your own.

And honestly, if I had the time I could quote a dozen or more instances of you antagonizing and flat-out insulting people here... So, sorry, but you really can't act like you're not part of that particular problem. Not meant as an attack -- most of us have been guilty of letting it go too far.

Things are messy enough already. Let's not make them messier. We can all just drop it right now if we want to. Let's do the olive-branch thing.

I've never said that either. I've said that I feel its basic story is the best launching point for a movie series, but I never said it's the "only way" to do it.

Like, I totally get and agree with the reverence for Mirage, but I don't expect everyone to. There've been so many wildly-different variations to this property that it's pretty unrealistic to expect that, I think.

Cryomancer
06-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Even Mirage fans know you don't want to stick 100% to all of Mirage.

ToTheNines
06-26-2016, 09:15 PM
OT is fun, wholesome, and has a good sense of morality about it.

Wholeheartedly agree. But there's still that large percentage of episodes that were pitifully thrown together with no fu*ks given at any level of production, save for the voice department.

Commenter 42
06-26-2016, 09:39 PM
OT has a handful of good episodes, but PDMT is nothing like OT.

It's vomit on diarrhea soaked in yogurt and urine.

neatoman
06-27-2016, 04:24 AM
OK, time to chime in here. While the Mirage comics are by no means perfect and a faithful adaptation may not actually be the best way to go, the concepts, characters and stories are more suitable for a movie than those originating from a rushed saturday morning cartoon.

I understand the bias of wanting to see Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in a movie but their inclusion does not make this a good movie. Their inclusion does in fact hurt the movie's quality because of how annoying they are, which is more or less how they were in the cartoon.

Wanting Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang in a movie is kind of like wanting "Star Wars Episode X: Jar Jar Binks' Adventures with the Ewoks"

thundermaster612
06-27-2016, 04:51 AM
Honestly, I rewatched the pitch and it actually seems pretty good. The turtle chick I'm just chill with cause its at the end of the movie and the part about Donnie saving the scientists could've had a bit more. What I'm saying is he could've had Donnie say "No, no I can save the scientists" or something like that. Like he wants to save them to prove he is smart. As for Leo and the Foot Clan he did say they saw him so the Foot could've been fighting off Krang's soldiers. It sounds like they would've gone the IDW route or somehow added Hamato Yoshi. The thing about Bebop and Rocksteady befriending the turtles I can see, it would probably work out well considering their persona's in the new movie minus the turtle hatred. I thought the part where the scientists allow Donnie to meet with them was cool. The thing was alright, but how does Baxter find out about the turtles? Perhaps he could have something to do with SHREDDER?! We won't know cause this is a pitch. Anyways its alright, I would say good but I would like to see some sort of screen adaptation. TO BLENDER!

this is gonna take a while...

Xav
06-27-2016, 11:32 AM
The thing was alright, but how does Baxter find out about the turtles? Perhaps he could have something to do with SHREDDER?!Stockman studied the mutagen with Dr. O’Neil and Eric Sacks. So it's not hard to believe that Sacks told him about the Turtles.