PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2016 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

NinjaPug
06-28-2016, 09:18 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York

Friday, July 22, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (Room: 6A) – They travelled time and space to save planet Earth, and now the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return home! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be the extraordinary voice actors of the TMNT world: Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami) and Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by TMNT co-creator, Kevin Eastman. The panel will be moderated by Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy).

plastroncafe
06-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Sweet!
I really loved Andre's moderation last time.
Looking forward to it!

Shellington
06-28-2016, 10:00 AM
Gwendoline Yeo is a Shinigami. Interesting.

TigerClaw
06-28-2016, 10:11 AM
So Shinigami is a new character created from the show, there's no telling if she will be a human or mutant, but with a name like that, sound like she might involve magic.

Vicky82
06-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York

Friday, July 22, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (Room: 6A) – They travelled time and space to save planet Earth, and now the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return home! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be the extraordinary voice actors of the TMNT world: Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami) and Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by TMNT co-creator, Kevin Eastman. The panel will be moderated by Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy).

Have you got a link please so I can use the info on Tumblr.

plastroncafe
06-28-2016, 10:35 AM
Nickelodeon Goes 90’s Retro with San Diego Comic-Con Panels, Booth, More (http://sdccblog.com/2016/06/nickelodeon-goes-90s-retro-with-san-diego-comic-con-panels-booth-more/)

Here's the unofficial SDCC blog post about it.
Extra psyched about the DoubleDare stuff.
I'll have to break out my shirt!

There's also a Women in Animation panel.
Yup, going to check that out.

Vicky82
06-28-2016, 10:41 AM
I just found it and it was also posted on Tumblr :D

I found some interesting info, apparently Shinigami means Death God in Japanese termiology.

So she could be a human ninja with that name, a mutant or something else.

plastroncafe
06-28-2016, 10:46 AM
!!!

don vs raph, a tmnt animated short written and produced by jhonen vasquez.
i need that in my life right now!

snake
06-28-2016, 10:56 AM
So Yeo is Shinigami. Interesting.

CyberCubed
06-28-2016, 11:11 AM
They should have used Kitsune from the IDW comics, sounds like a female Japanese God.

TLP
06-28-2016, 01:35 PM
So Shinigami is a new character created from the show, there's no telling if she will be a human or mutant, but with a name like that, sound like she might involve magic.

Dammit!

I wish they would stop making up new characters when you have PLENTY from the TMNT lore to choose from. I'm sorry, that just pisses me off. -_-

snake
06-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Dammit!

I wish they would stop making up new characters when you have PLENTY from the TMNT lore to choose from. I'm sorry, that just pisses me off. -_-

They need more new characters imo.

All the new creations have generally been well recieved (Tigerclaw, Fishface and Dogpound)

Vicky82
06-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Dammit!

All the new creations have generally been well recieved (Tigerclaw, Fishface and Dogpound)

Yeah I agree, I rather see new characters than re using old characters.

Powder
06-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Dammit!

It pisses me off that it pisses you off. Let the damn show have it's own identity/characters. As it is they've already done justice to characters who never got their due, like Wyrm & Pizzaface, to name a few.

Aaronardo
06-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Dammit!

I can't remember a character that wasn't used for some random one-shot that was introduced in the past couple of seasons that wasn't from other TMNT lore. Good god, I can't comprehend how you think this is a bad thing. The show needs new characters if it doesn't wanna be called "the updated OT."

CyberCubed
06-28-2016, 03:16 PM
The show has plenty of new characters. Half the mutants they created were all new.

TigerClaw
06-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Some of the new characters have been great, I think the issue is how they treat the original characters, they usually just take the name, and come up with some origin that has nothing to do with the original.

some of those old characters are in name only.

If they were to create Nick versions of Ninjara or Alopex, I can guarantee that they would be nothing like there comic book counterparts.

ToTheNines
06-28-2016, 03:55 PM
TC is right, (almost) every time they adapt old characters, they end up pretty radically different anyways. I say keep making new ones

TigerClaw
06-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah, for years fans been waiting for Mona Lisa to show up on the Nick series, and what did they do? made her an alien.

matteso586
06-28-2016, 06:39 PM
The Black Nerd again? The producers must have taken a liking to him, so they decided to use him in all of their subsequent NY and SD conventions.

Chaotix12345
06-28-2016, 06:42 PM
I REALLY don't see the problem with putting a really new spin on an old character. It's a new incarnation, so they've got to add their own unique ideas to the old characters just as with creating new ones. It's not any different than when the OT made Leatherhead a self-centered wannabe Cajun swamp king or all of the vastly different takes the Rat King has under his belt.

Plus, I kind of vastly prefer alien warrior Mona Lisa to random mutated college student Mona Lisa even though I'm still not big on her, sooooooooooooo...

Powder
06-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'm all for it too! Tokka & The Neutrinos were insanely different & I thought both were wonderful. & I too still dislike Mona Lisa, but I'll take this one over the original any day of the week.

oldmanwinters
06-28-2016, 07:03 PM
I think I agree with the Black Nerd that Tyler Perry totally channeled him in his portrayal of Baxter Stockman. Maybe this is Viacom's way of paying him back?:tlol:

CyberCubed
06-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Mona Lisa being an alien makes sense when they had introduced Newtralizer prior as from some salamander race. I don't see the problem with that.

Using the name "Neutrinos" for some generic microbots that had no face or didn't even speak is another story.

TMNTInsighter
06-29-2016, 03:28 PM
Mona Lisa being an alien makes sense when they had introduced Newtralizer prior as from some salamander race. I don't see the problem with that.

Using the name "Neutrinos" for some generic microbots that had no face or didn't even speak is another story.

I for one can't wait to see Slash's reaction to Raph telling him that he met and fell in love with a female Salamandrian after their encounter(s) with the Newtralizer and all.

I also didn't really have a problem with the Neutrinos. They reminded me a lot of the robot from the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

TigerClaw
06-29-2016, 03:31 PM
I for one can't wait to see Slash's reaction to Raph telling him that he met and fell in love with a female Salamandrian after their encounter(s) with the Newtralizer and all.

I also didn't really have a problem with the Neutrinos. They reminded me a lot of the robot from the original "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
and Slash's reaction when Raph instroduces him to his new pet Chompy.

drgon78
06-29-2016, 07:33 PM
After waiting so long to see this show's version of the Neutrinos, I can safely say it was extremely disappointing what they ended up being.

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 09:45 PM
After waiting so long to see this show's version of the Neutrinos, I can safely say it was extremely disappointing what they ended up being.

There's a very small possibility that if we ever see Bellybomb again, we might find out the Neutrinos are inside those robot drones just extremely tiny and they look like the Neutrinos we know. Assuming Bellybomb has them held prisoner forcing them to pilot those thing.

Slim chance, and unlikely, but you never know

The Happy One
06-30-2016, 02:44 PM
!!!

Whoa, where'd you see that at??

plastroncafe
06-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Whoa, where'd you see that at??

It's in the description of the 25th Anniversary of Nick Animation panel here:
http://sdccblog.com/2016/06/nickelodeon-goes-90s-retro-with-san-diego-comic-con-panels-booth-more/

The Happy One
06-30-2016, 03:54 PM
It's in the description of the 25th Anniversary of Nick Animation panel here:
http://sdccblog.com/2016/06/nickelodeon-goes-90s-retro-with-san-diego-comic-con-panels-booth-more/

Hey, thanks :D

thundermaster612
06-30-2016, 06:28 PM
I REALLY don't see the problem with putting a really new spin on an old character. It's a new incarnation, so they've got to add their own unique ideas to the old characters just as with creating new ones. It's not any different than when the OT made Leatherhead a self-centered wannabe Cajun swamp king or all of the vastly different takes the Rat King has under his belt.

Plus, I kind of vastly prefer alien warrior Mona Lisa to random mutated college student Mona Lisa even though I'm still not big on her, sooooooooooooo...

I really don't see the problem with putting a new spin on an old franchise...
SAID NOBODY TO THE PD TURTLES

eheheheehehehehehehehehehehe I made a funny

matteso586
06-30-2016, 06:48 PM
For those of you going to SDCC 2016. I got some recommended questions. And don't lash out on me for repeating at least one.

1) How does Kraang Subprime keep surviving?

I know that what happened to him in Annihilation Earth is debatable. And that he may, or may not have escaped Turtle Prime.

2) Who's leader of the Earth Protection Force? Since Bishop is an Utrom in this series.

3) Weren't any of the Turtles confused about how Renet was able to exist and meet them, if the Earth was destroyed? Or were they too distraught at the time to think about that?

4) What are the chances that we'll learn more about a certain red-head's childhood?

5) We know that Tim Hill is working on something. Could you (Ciro and/or Brandon) tell us what it is exactly?

6) Are the results of the attacks from the Rat King, Kraang Invasion (twice for both) Mega Shredder, Creepweed, and the Triceratons going to sink in? Like how the property damage in Transformers Animated season 1 started to sink in on its season 2?

The Happy One
07-01-2016, 05:52 AM
For those of you going to SDCC 2016. I got some recommended questions. And don't lash out on me for repeating at least one.

I know that what happened to him in Annihilation Earth is debatable. And that he may, or may not have escaped Turtle Prime.

2) Who's leader of the Earth Protection Force? Since Bishop is an Utrom in this series.

3) Weren't any of the Turtles confused about how Renet was able to exist and meet them, if the Earth was destroyed? Or were they too distraught at the time to think about that?

4) What are the chances that we'll learn more about a certain red-head's childhood?

5) We know that Tim Hill is working on something. Could you (Ciro and/or Brandon) tell us what it is exactly?

6) Are the results of the attacks from the Rat King, Kraang Invasion (twice for both) Mega Shredder, Creepweed, and the Triceratons going to sink in? Like how the property damage in Transformers Animated season 1 started to sink in on its season 2?

Good questions. Here's a couple.

1.) When is April actually going to be consistent with her abilities/ when will they be explained? (I guess ya covered that one but it feels like they don't even know what to do with that anymore)

2.) When's Metalhead coming back? (Not really a serious question, I just want to know)

3.) When is Casey going to finally develop as a character?

4.) Are we going to get any story arcs ( City at war) or is it a one episode special?

Just a few to add to the list

Allio
07-01-2016, 10:50 AM

all the new?

that like 3 out of the 40 hundred they have created for the show. There is about 1 mutant for every episode so far.

JonesyKitty
07-04-2016, 07:30 AM
!!!

By far the thing I'm most interested in from this year's Sdcc!

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Some of the new characters have been great, I think the issue is how they treat the original characters, they usually just take the name, and come up with some origin that has nothing to do with the original.

some of those old characters are in name only.

If they were to create Nick versions of Ninjara or Alopex, I can guarantee that they would be nothing like there comic book counterparts.

Knowing Nick, they're probably mutate April into a fox for a few episodes, have Mikey called her Ninjara, and have her say 'that's stupid, just call me Alopex'. Either that, or de-mutate Karai and re-mutate her into a fox. They seem to like to turn certain characters into references to older ones, looking at you Bradford and Pulverizer.

victory_angel
07-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Knowing Nick, they're probably mutate April into a fox for a few episodes, have Mikey called her Ninjara, and have her say 'that's stupid, just call me Alopex'. Either that, or de-mutate Karai and re-mutate her into a fox. They seem to like to turn certain characters into references to older ones, looking at you Bradford and Pulverizer.

It would need to be a different character since April is immune to mutagen.

TigerClaw
07-04-2016, 04:52 PM
There was that one time when Kirby turned into a mutant bat, and Mikey was about to call him Wingnut, but Donnie chastises him, and told him not to give Mr O'Neil a monster name.

Wingnut was just a throwaway reference.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Mickey did what? :P:lol:

ranger_scout
07-04-2016, 10:35 PM
I remember last year when Sean Astin wasn't originally announced, but he was still able to make appearance. Right now neither him nor Seth have been announced yet, but I'm hoping they will still show up.

victory_angel
07-05-2016, 01:57 AM

1.) When is April actually going to be consistent with her abilities/ when will they be explained? (I guess ya covered that one but it feels like they don't even know what to do with that anymore)

2.) When's Metalhead coming back? (Not really a serious question, I just want to know)

4.) Are we going to get any story arcs ( City at war) or is it a one episode special?

I don't think they would be able to answer these questions as the staff working on the show have a Non-Disclosure agreement that prevents them from revealing too much about the show.

Vicky82
07-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Brandon posted this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHpNcNtgjH4/?taken-by=brandon_auman

there is going to be a TMNT short at the panel showing Turtle Tots.

TigerClaw
07-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Brandon posted this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHpNcNtgjH4/?taken-by=brandon_auman

there is going to be a TMNT short at the panel showing Turtle Tots.
Cool, Here's the image from that.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/13557061_292934251056718_1565942169_n.jpg?ig_cache _key=MTI5MDYyMTg4MTY5MDUwMTYyNA%3D%3D.2

Vicky82
07-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Cool, Here's the image from that.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/13557061_292934251056718_1565942169_n.jpg?ig_cache _key=MTI5MDYyMTg4MTY5MDUwMTYyNA%3D%3D.2

They are so cute, I wonder if that's Donnie (on the left) and Raph (on the right).

I also wonder if they are in the pet shop, having a little adventure of there own before Splinter buys them.

I also just remembered this and obviously part of it too.

(Under spoilers due to size)

https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpt1/t51.2885-15/e35/12346243_969740519731820_1703842789_n.jpg

matteso586
07-09-2016, 12:36 PM
They are so cute, I wonder if that's Donnie (on the left) and Raph (on the right).

I also wonder if they are in the pet shop, having a little adventure of there own before Splinter buys them.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpt1/t51.2885-15/e35/12346243_969740519731820_1703842789_n.jpg

I think this is sometime after their mutation. Even if it was before, the Turtles wouldn't be standing on two legs.

Vicky82
07-09-2016, 12:54 PM
I think this is sometime after their mutation. Even if it was before, the Turtles wouldn't be standing on two legs.

It looks like they are in a glass cage because they are eating pellets from a bowl and the ground looks muddy. In that other picture it looks like they are outside of the glass cage.

TigerClaw
07-09-2016, 12:57 PM
It looks like they are in a glass cage because they are eating pellets from a bowl and the ground looks muddy. In that other picture it looks like they are outside of the glass cage.
Also you can see there tails.

The Happy One
07-09-2016, 01:04 PM

Due to the color, I'd think it was Mikey...I'm not completely sure, though. Just a guess:D

Vicky82
07-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Due to the color, I'd think it was Mikey...I'm not completely sure, though. Just a guess:D

Actually yeah, you could be right :D

Vicky82
07-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Another new pic.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/69b1ac0b48a16e8f3f0195c744dd72a6/tumblr_oa2d9gEiIw1v6oiyco1_540.jpg

Yep it must be Mikey, if's he's fallen in to his food :lol:

The Happy One
07-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Another new pic.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/69b1ac0b48a16e8f3f0195c744dd72a6/tumblr_oa2d9gEiIw1v6oiyco1_540.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! He's too cute!

shredder orokusaki
07-10-2016, 05:58 AM
He is not cute! He is ugly !!!

Etsyturtle2
07-10-2016, 08:54 AM
He is not cute! He is ugly !!!

Just like the scars splinter gave you!

The Happy One
07-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Just like the scars splinter gave you!

:lol: don't engage with him

shredder orokusaki
07-10-2016, 10:49 AM
How dare to call those mutant freaks cute! They are monsters!!

ticktack
07-10-2016, 12:03 PM
shredder orokusaki, if you could have been soulfully beautiful you wouldn't have been negatively named tmnt's by appearances. And you have in no right to call those tiny, such beautiful & adorable little babies insulting natured words, that's horrible, terrible and awful.

Powder
07-10-2016, 05:00 PM
The world is doomed.

IndigoErth
07-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Heh, cute. Definitely in an aquarium.

Hmm... perhaps little Raph will end up cracking his plastron in this.

snake
07-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Never change Technodrome.

Never change

Shark_Blade
07-11-2016, 04:11 AM
Those turtle tots in a pet shop... pre-mutation? How they stand on 2 feets and using hands to eat? :teek:

thundermaster612
07-11-2016, 04:19 AM
Another new pic.

Great, now I'm even more envious about SDCC. Any news on the exclusive movie figures or am I a stickler for mentioning it

thundermaster612
07-11-2016, 04:20 AM
Those turtle tots in a pet shop... pre-mutation? How they stand on 2 feets and using hands to eat? :teek:

Tis be the power of non-canon

Vicky82
07-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Brandon posted a new pic of another tmnt short that's going to be shown at Comic Con.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH4-lEpgPC6/?taken-by=brandon_auman

oldmanwinters
07-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Brandon posted a new pic of another tmnt short that's going to be shown at Comic Con.

Holy cow, could this be a 90s anime throwback?
https://c5.staticflickr.com/4/3525/3255135924_33c08425a4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/5XDqvb)Teenage Manga??? Ninja Turtles!!! (https://flic.kr/p/5XDqvb) by oldmanwinters (https://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/), on Flickr

TigerClaw
07-15-2016, 12:10 PM

I hope they post these animated shorts online after they show them.

Lordmylar06
07-15-2016, 12:28 PM
The art style looks really good to me. I want to see full body character design sheets for this in the future!

Sabacooza
07-15-2016, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't mind having an animated series that looked like this.

Powder
07-15-2016, 03:55 PM

Thought the same thing when I saw it.

Etsyturtle2
07-15-2016, 04:06 PM
I'd prefer a whole series in that style to the nick toon CG any day.

CyberCubed
07-15-2016, 04:26 PM
I'd prefer a whole series in that style to the nick toon CG any day.

It'll probably look bad in animation since I doubt it'll be anything above flash animation.

Cure
07-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Hey, sorry guys, I haven't been keeping up, but the thing is that different people are making shorts for TMNT now? Because that's pretty cool.

ToTheNines
07-15-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah, there will also be one titled "Donnie vs. Raph" by the invader Zim dude.

Cure
07-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Oh, neat. I do like Invader Zim.

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 07:09 PM
https://c5.staticflickr.com/4/3525/3255135924_33c08425a4_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/5XDqvb)Teenage Manga??? Ninja Turtles!!! (https://flic.kr/p/5XDqvb) by oldmanwinters (https://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/), on Flickr

Nah, they look more like those turtles in the 2nd Japanese OVA when they were not in their Metal Mutant forms and wore pants and a belt across their chest. But I only think that cause Leo. Raph is more like your pic.

Also is there any way to read those old mangas?

TheJ-manTurtleMan
07-15-2016, 10:03 PM
So there will be multiple shorts? Do we know how many?

Powder
07-15-2016, 10:36 PM
It's all on the first page of this thread. 2 shorts, one about turtle tots (& possible older turtles, given that screen cap) written by Brandon Auman, & the other is called Don Vs. Raph, written by Jhonen Vasquez.

Chaotix12345
07-15-2016, 10:44 PM
Edit: Whoop, nevermind. Didn't read the Instagram post where Brandon confirmed it was the same short.

Shiro Kame
07-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Nah, they look more like those turtles in the 2nd Japanese OVA when they were not in their Metal Mutant forms and wore pants and a belt across their chest. But I only think that cause Leo. Raph is more like your pic.

Also is there any way to read those old mangas?

Try Manga fox

thundermaster612
07-16-2016, 12:14 PM
So question about last year. That weird comic read out thing, was there only that one picture of all the turtles in trench coats with April? or were there more pictures?

victory_angel
07-16-2016, 01:33 PM
So question about last year. That weird comic read out thing, was there only that one picture of all the turtles in trench coats with April? or were there more pictures?

There was a voice only mini episode that centered around that image with the Turtles at Comic Con and learning Shredder would be there.

Iz28bp53tqg

AlZarkovski
07-19-2016, 04:12 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/755519488519380993

Chaotix12345
07-19-2016, 04:14 PM
The first of the new shorts is hitting Facebook on Thursday and they've even released a trailer for the whole batch! (https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/755519488519380993) There are THREE shorts in total (The third done by Kevin Eastman and Paul Jenkins) and look to have some interdimensional screwing involved. Super excited to seeing what these bring to the table. The whole thing reminds me of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything with all of the differing styles which makes me even more excited.

Cure
07-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Cooool.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that Jhonen Vasquez was sour on working with Nickelodeon. Maybe I'm making that up.

TigerClaw
07-19-2016, 04:30 PM
the animation for the shorts look really good, can't wait to see them. :)

neatoman
07-19-2016, 04:50 PM

OK, I noticed how Splinter kinda looks like his 2014 movie design in the first clip...

Powder
07-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Mikey becoming Human? Don wearing glasses? C'mon, didn't we JUST learn that these things are a major no-no?

TigerClaw
07-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Mikey becoming Human? Don wearing glasses? C'mon, didn't we JUST learn that these things are a major no-no?
Can the Turtles experience what it's like being Human just for one day? I have no problem with that, I'm sure it's only temporary.

Besides, I'm sure Mikey will learn in the end, that he loves being a Turtle more then a human.

Cure
07-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Also they're shorts. They should do whatever. No real loss if they suck.

ToTheNines
07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I'm with Cure. Shorts are complete fair game for any crazy idea in my book.

victory_angel
07-19-2016, 06:44 PM
I agree. These shorts are just made for fun, they have nothing to do with the show itself and should be enjoyed just for what they are. Regardless of whether they have connection or lack-there-of to the show itself.

Tarris Vaal
07-19-2016, 07:07 PM
That being said, the Raph vs Don short does appear to be where Raph gets his shell scar. If you look closely at the previews of the shorts shown, there are 3 clearly from the Raph/Don short and lead up to Raph getting hit (presumably by an incensed Don). The first two Raph has no crack on his plastron, but it looks like he does on the 3rd where he's thrown into a wall by the attack.

Powder
07-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Also they're shorts. They should do whatever. No real loss if they suck.

Yeah, I'm with Cure. Shorts are complete fair game for any crazy idea in my book.

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree, & say the same for guest issues & that sort of thing. It's just that the Bay film left such a bad taste in my mouth that seeing anything that invokes the thought of it puts me in defensive position. When they have the option to do virtually anything at all, seeing the potential for re-using themes or details that caused great tension in the fanbase over the last year or so kinda rubs me the wrong way. *shrug*

I'm sure they'll be good, & they have no consequence on future works anyway, I imagine. Just saying.

& that's not to say I'm not still excited, 'cause I totally am!

thundermaster612
07-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Least their gonna be on Facebook, so I can see them. I feel like that guy wasn't Mikey but it probably is. There was too little footage of the permutation turtles though. Like one clip. But Donnie vs Raph looks really good.

snake
07-19-2016, 07:48 PM
I'm excited for the shorts. The possible human stuff is kinda weird but it's just a short.

Ninjinister
07-19-2016, 09:48 PM

Mikey becoming human is nothing new at all.

victory_angel
07-19-2016, 10:10 PM
That being said, the Raph vs Don short does appear to be where Raph gets his shell scar. If you look closely at the previews of the shorts shown, there are 3 clearly from the Raph/Don short and lead up to Raph getting hit (presumably by an incensed Don). The first two Raph has no crack on his plastron, but it looks like he does on the 3rd where he's thrown into a wall by the attack.

That is possible. It would make some sense if Don was behind that crack in Raph's plastron, after all, Don can be a screamer when he's frustrated. And he does have a temper that is comparable to Raph's.

Raph's beef with his bros is in the following

Leo- He's jealous of. He sees himself as second best when it comes to Leo, and resents his older brother for it.

Mikey- Because Mikey can be annoying and sometimes likes pushing Raph's buttons way too much.

Donnie- That is harder to pin down and seemed like misdirected rage more than anything. But if Don was the one who broke Raph's plastron, then that could make more sense. Kinda like a "Yeah, it was an accident, but I'm never going to let you forget it" situation.

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Brandon posted a new pic from one of the TMNT shorts. He's currently in Europe so he won't be at Comic Con this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIVGdyATVP/?taken-by=brandon_auman

Sabacooza
07-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Brandon posted a new pic from one of the TMNT shorts. He's currently in Europe so he won't be at Comic Con this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIVGdyATVP/?taken-by=brandon_aumanMan, I'm really liking the look of that.

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Someone on Tumblr has noticed Donnie got a metal shell.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8fa2bc1530c60b55b5d9bf247f299fe7/tumblr_oam74uSM8w1rj6kxdo2_400.jpg

So these shorts could be a mixture of Nick Toon and IDW.

Here some more pics and gifs.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/702826bb06a3150951d2931dfad3a5c4/tumblr_oam74uSM8w1rj6kxdo4_540.jpg

https://67.media.tumblr.com/c627f4dfbb07c8fcc81e813e5455aa0d/tumblr_oam74uSM8w1rj6kxdo3_540.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b3baf38f1bd8481aa4a5f927aba0c04d/tumblr_oam74uSM8w1rj6kxdo1_540.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/37e60215539f2943210de853ac23ece4/tumblr_oamcolscM21r2nvplo3_500.gif

https://67.media.tumblr.com/5835e8c63e1743fa1aaf76c586ae4b6d/tumblr_oamcolscM21r2nvplo4_500.jpg

https://67.media.tumblr.com/0d180ab8406764f09dcd18a48868eab3/tumblr_oamcolscM21r2nvplo2_500.gif

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e689a4c61133f353869c5de26d063aa8/tumblr_oamcolscM21r2nvplo1_250.png

The Shorts should be up in about 15 mins.

snake
07-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Did the panel happen yet?

Redworld96
07-21-2016, 01:18 PM
The short Don VS Raph is now on Nick website http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-don-vs-raph.html

neatoman
07-21-2016, 01:22 PM
The short Don VS Raph is now on Nick website http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-don-vs-raph.html

You're in Spain and it doesn't redirect you? How did you get around it?

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 01:25 PM

He probably uses Hola or Hula (can't remember what its called) to get on US Sites.

Redworld96
07-21-2016, 01:27 PM

As Vicky said, I use the Hola app for that

Btw, I am she ;)

snake
07-21-2016, 01:27 PM

Great short. Some of the jokes didn't sit with me but I liked it a lot. Splinter was great, the April was qt, and I liked Donatello's design. Awesome animation but I can't see it working outside of comedy stuff.

The hot dog eating contest part made me laugh harder than anything else this week. It caught me so offguard.

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 01:47 PM
It's up on Facebook by the way

https://www.facebook.com/teenagemutantninjaturtles/?fref=nf

Ok WTF did I just watch????? that was crazy and funny, also the different voices surprised me. :o:lol:

neatoman
07-21-2016, 01:51 PM
He probably uses Hola or Hula (can't remember what its called) to get on US Sites.

Just installed it, this is going to be very useful indeed! No more pesky region restrictions. :D

As for the short itself... It's a Vasquez production alright! Really weird, a little mean spirited, pretty dumb and very funny, I liked it it :). It's also clearly not meant to be part of the Nick universe, which is fine since I sort suspect these shorts could be tests for how they're going to reboot now that the current show is probably about to end.

As a side note, I like Vasquez's designs for April and Shredder.

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 01:59 PM
I expect the other 2 shorts will be up tomorrow during the TMNT panel.

TigerClaw
07-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Its now on Youtube.

JQNZcBTOgt8

Redworld96
07-21-2016, 02:01 PM
The fight was funny and amazing, and I really like Donatello's aspect, but with a metal shell it makes me wonder if this is kind of related with the IDW comics :-?

neatoman
07-21-2016, 02:05 PM
The fight was funny and amazing, and I really like Donatello's aspect, but with a metal shell it makes me wonder if this is kind of related with the IDW comics :-?

Could be? But I think that at best Vasquez read the issue where Don got a new shell and thought it was a neat idea, I seriously doubt it's meant to have any stronger connections to IDW's stories than that, for all we know it could be a complete coincidence.

cartooncrazy4
07-21-2016, 02:07 PM
I expect the other 2 shorts will be up tomorrow during the TMNT panel.
TMNTmaster actually just told me that on Twitter they said it will be during the tmnt panel tomorrow

Allio
07-21-2016, 02:10 PM
dat april though

Etsyturtle2
07-21-2016, 02:11 PM
TMNTmaster actually just told me that on Twitter they said it will be during the tmnt panel tomorrow

That's literally exactly what she said.

Vicky82
07-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Cool.

I looked at the credits and Eric Bauza voiced Donnie

Also

Leo is voiced by Anders Holm
Raph is voiced by Adam DeVine
Mikey is voiced by Blake Anderson
Splinter/Shredder is voiced by Matt Yang King

neatoman
07-21-2016, 02:40 PM
dat april though

Indeed, very good indeed.

IndigoErth
07-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Hilarious and seriously messed up, but a good messed up. :lol: Think the cake part is my fave.

Technogeek29
07-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Lose the glasses seriously....:ohwell:
I did like the animation style for the short and the warrior hair cut for April.

Powder
07-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Pretty rad little feature! I enjoyed it a lot as a short, but I'm glad it's nothing more. That is not the TMNT I want full-sail, mostly due to the humor & design choices. I've never been an Invader Zim fan.

That being said, it was quite funny, even if it's not entirely the kind of laughs TMNT should have, at least not in such excess. Good animation- nice fluid movement, very expressive, lots of attention to detail with the backgrounds & stuff. Perfect voice cast! The Workaholics! Yooooo! Great call on that front. While I didn't like the look of the turtles or Splinter, Shredder & The Foot had great designs (& Tin-Grin's voice was excellent, too), I wanna say I dig April too, I think. Thematically, it was dope. Donnie & Raph pair ups are unfortunately kinda rare, which is odd considering how much you can do with their personality clashes. Made for an amusing time, especially with Leo & Mikey playing the funny & straight man respectively, for added effect (could do without the literal toilet humor).

I look forward to the other two!

& this makes me want a series made up of shorts! That would be so great, say 2-3 shorts per episode with different creative teams, the best/popular ones returning every so often. Make it happen! :tlol:

Sabacooza
07-21-2016, 03:18 PM
This makes me want a series made up of shorts! That would be so great, say 2-3 shorts per episode with different creative teams, the best/popular ones returning every so often. Make it happen! :tlol:Either that or something like a direct to DVD/Bluray deal Like "Batman: Gotham Knight" or the "Animatrix".

ToTheNines
07-21-2016, 04:27 PM
These seeds were sewn long ago. So awesome.

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.203319749.7228/flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

I totally loved it. Not all the jokes were great, but most were. I'd love it if this got sequels.

IndigoErth
07-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Because there will always be those times that an April Sparkle Barf Fountain will come in handy:

http://i.imgur.com/0vAgoj1.gif

Cropped to just April version
http://i.imgur.com/ODhNtyK.gif

Aaronardo
07-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Put some action and a well-thought-out plot in there and you have potentially the greatest TMNT series right there. I personally like the designs of the characters here (though I'm not particularly an artist myself so, eh). On its own, this short is nothing short of hilarious. I laughed the whole way through. The characterizations of the Turtles themselves were top-notch, and that to me is a high point in just about anything TMNT-related. :thumbsup:

Allio
07-21-2016, 06:49 PM
so we all in agreement? This is a top-tier April design?

Aaronardo
07-21-2016, 06:55 PM

Unlike most April designs this one actually looks like the kind of teenage girl who'd be into hanging out with mutant turtles tbh.

Yeah that's a pretty great design.

snake
07-21-2016, 07:26 PM

It's my third favorite. First is 2k12 and then OT.

drgon78
07-21-2016, 07:30 PM
The designs look horrible, especially April's, looks like something that would be on CN.

TigerClaw
07-21-2016, 07:36 PM
That's a good April design so far, but we still have two other shorts that will debut during the TMNT panel tomorrow, so we gotta see how April will look in those.

What do you guys think of that new design of Splinter from the short?

Powder
07-21-2016, 07:58 PM
potentially the greatest TMNT series right there The characterizations of the Turtles themselves were top-notch

You are out of your gourd.

I mean, it's cute, but it's not really April-ish to me. Also, way too Tumblry.

sdp
07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
I didn't know we were going to get shorts at SDCC. The DonvRaph short was a bit lame, I liked the animation and the weird characters are alright, April was indeed a great design but it was kind of boring and long. I hope Donnie not having one tooth doesn't become a common trait in future TMNT incarnations.

Donatello19
07-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Eugh...I mean, I guess that short was fine for what it was, but I really hope this style of TMNT doesn't become anything more than that, just some shorts. Very Teen Titans Go-ish...no thank you.

Aaronardo
07-21-2016, 08:08 PM
You are out of your gourd.

Maybe I'm just deprived of the turtles being so in character seeing as how I don't read the comics and the currently-running show has just gone downhill about that. But in this short, Raph is slightly over-the-top in his anger, Donnie is too smart for his own good, Mikey is the naive kid that stays out of things but still gets on their nerves slightly, and Leo is just observing it all in disbelief and trying to find peace.

I haven't seen the Turtles this in-character in anything in awhile. But I will admit I reacted a little strongly about this "potentially being the greatest TMNT series" if it were more than just a one-off short. I watched the short a couple more times since and yeah, idk if that kind of humor would work with TMNT for longer than 5 minutes.

Powder
07-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Fair enough! :)

Read you some comics, boy! IDW does a great job.

Konchadunga
07-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Within minutes, I was reminded exactly why I found Invader Zim so aggressively unpleasant. That vomit meme sums up my thoughts perfectly.

oldmanwinters
07-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Because there will always be those times that an April Sparkle Barf Fountain will come in handy:

http://i.imgur.com/0vAgoj1.gif

Cropped to just April version
http://i.imgur.com/ODhNtyK.gif

Haha, thanks for putting this together!

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:19 PM
TMNT poster

https://67.media.tumblr.com/06ce4aea4c939ff3ef13e7ea50a265f2/tumblr_oaqandEc7e1rmhk25o1_540.png

So looks like Shinigami is a hypnotist.

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Super Shredder!?

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Shredder!?

My first thought was Demo Dragon but you could be right.

Meow
07-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Today is the first SDCC day, right? Official opening to come or already on?

evan2000
07-22-2016, 12:27 PM
TMNT poster

https://67.media.tumblr.com/06ce4aea4c939ff3ef13e7ea50a265f2/tumblr_oaqandEc7e1rmhk25o1_540.png

Are those with red eyes foot elites?

snake
07-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Are those with red eyes foot elites?

That was my first thought

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Today is the first SDCC day, right? Official opening to come or already on?

No it was yesterday or Wednesday.

matteso586
07-22-2016, 12:35 PM

Or it could be the guy that Mark Hamill is going to voice.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Or it could be the guy that Mark Hamill is going to voice.

Mark Hamill is voicing Demo Dragon.

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 12:36 PM

From at least the sketches, it doesn't look like Kavaxas has those blades on the hand like that. It looks more in line with the "Super Shredder" that was leaked/previewed last year as an action figure.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:39 PM
From at least the sketches, it doesn't look like Kavaxas has those blades on the hand like that. It looks more in line with the "Super Shredder" that was leaked/previewed last year as an action figure.

Oh I thought it was a leg :lol: I can see it now, yeah it must be Super Shredder.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 12:40 PM
almost time for the TMNT Panel, its supposed to start over there at 11:45am PST
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756545620190650370

snake
07-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Is there a stream?

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 12:47 PM
Keep an eye on the TMNTMaster twitter and the #TMNT hashtag for any news from the panel.
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/with_replies
https://twitter.com/hashtag/tmnt?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:48 PM
TMNT Master Tweeted this, it could be from 1 of the shorts.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_X-VLWgAAvgZW.png

evan2000
07-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Anybody knows if they are handing out "Mirage cover remake in 2012 style" SDCC posters this year? Like this one last year (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52448&page=10) and the years before (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48123&page=17)?

Or the poster posted by Vicky is the only one they are handing out?

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 12:52 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756562330197061632

Who's the witch? Meet Shinigami - Mystic Witch of the Foot Clan.

Also...she's got a cool hat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_ZbUKXgAIuzcy.jpg

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:52 PM
Anybody knows if they are handing out "Mirage cover remake in 2012 style" SDCC posters this year? Like this one last year (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=52448&page=10) and the years before (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48123&page=17)?

Or the poster posted by Vicky is the only one they are handing out?

Yeah it's that poster that I just posted.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 12:55 PM

Awesome :D

Bitsy83
07-22-2016, 12:56 PM
TMNT poster

Huh....guess that intro WASN'T fake.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 12:59 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756564043134038016

Party dude in the house. @GregCipes gives a big booyakasha to the #SDCC crowd.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_a_CkWIAA3bo5.jpg

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Huh....guess that intro WASN'T fake.

S'allthisthen?

Foombamaroom
07-22-2016, 01:03 PM
TigerClaw, put the pics in spoiler tags if possible. They might get a little too big for the thread to handle.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756565049863462913

@BlackNerd kicking off the #TMNT panel kicking with some righteous stars behind the show! @TMNTMaster ��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_b0TSWgAAearv.jpg

Powder
07-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Love the Misfits nod in her design sheet!

3lHHUTYqpGA

"...with a pale white feline face"

I geek out over the fact Ciro & Brandon are big Misfits fans, because so too were members of the Mirage crew (& myself!). Eric Talbot used to reference their music in his shorts (& went on to design shirts for one of their tours, in fact!).

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 01:06 PM
I'll bet £100 that Shinigami gets mutated into a cat in future episodes.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:07 PM
I'll bet £100 that Shinigami gets mutated into a cat in future episodes.
or maybe a Fox?

snake

Love the design.

Redworld96
Looks like they're going to watch the next episode there https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756566036942577665

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:08 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756566036942577665

"You aren't just seeing a clip, you are seeing the next full episode of TMNT!" -- @BlackNerd @TMNTMaster

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Greg Cipes is broadcasting the panel on Periscope
https://www.periscope.tv/w/amEW3TEwMjIwNTUwfDFuQUpFYnd3RGpBeExL47sjheWUYLbujZ GmAUZZGt--QlesgC1BaJMmqIYuDQ==

evan2000
07-22-2016, 01:17 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756566036942577665

"You aren't just seeing a clip, you are seeing the next full episode of TMNT!" -- @BlackNerd @TMNTMaster

That implies they are about to watch City At War in a while :tgrumble:

Hopefully they stream the episode on Nick website by tomorrow (or sooner)

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 01:20 PM
or maybe a Fox?

She'll be Kitsune? Alopex? Kitsune fits the theme better but she's not a mutant in IDW.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:21 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756569399323086849

"NYC is home. It's where the heart of #TMNT is." - Ciro Nieli on the Turtles returning to the Big Apple. #NickSDCC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_fufkVMAAV-Ni.jpg:small

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:23 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756569931957858309

"Let's address Raph's new long distance relationship here," @SeanAstin teasing possible moments in the upcoming #TMNT season #SDCC2016

Sounds like Mona Lisa might return.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 01:25 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756569931957858309

"Let's address Raph's new long distance relationship here," @SeanAstin teasing possible moments in the upcoming #TMNT season #SDCC2016

Sounds like Mona Lisa might return.

I wonder if Donnie is going to make a communication device so Raph and Mona Lisa can contact each other.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756570717173477377

We always talk about Turtle Power, but this new episode is all about Girl Power!" @GwendolineYeo on her new character, Shinigami #TMNT

ranger_scout
07-22-2016, 01:26 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756565049863462913

@BlackNerd kicking off the #TMNT panel kicking with some righteous stars behind the show! @TMNTMaster ��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_b0TSWgAAearv.jpg

I guessing Seth Green couldn't make it due to a busy schedule. I could be wrong but I think his panel for Robot Chicken was earlier today.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:29 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756571765741064193

April, Karai & now Shinigami. @GwendolineYeo discusses the powerful women of #TMNT.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_h_hjUMAAvT31.jpg:small

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756572022642184192

"It's so cool that her super power is being mindful, sensitive, aware & listening to your intuition." - @maebirdwing on playing April #TMNT

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:37 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756573714951659521

Surprise appearance by @kevineastman86 to showcase some exclusive #TMNT shorts at #SDCC! @TMNTMaster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_jxnlWYAAFFMP.jpg:small

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:38 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756573771553701889

Whoa. Cool concept art for upcoming #TMNT episodes. #NickSDCC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_j1Q3WcAA8fWo.jpg:small

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 01:40 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756573771553701889

Whoa. Cool concept art for upcoming #TMNT episodes. #NickSDCC

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_j1Q3WcAA8fWo.jpg:small

OMG!!!!!! are we getting dark Turtles again but this time Leo and Raph.

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 01:44 PM

Er...What?

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 01:48 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756576644484198401

#TMNT RETURNS Sunday, August 14 at 11AM/10c on @NickelodeonTV! Booyakasha!

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 01:51 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756576644484198401

#TMNT RETURNS Sunday, August 14 at 11AM/10c on @NickelodeonTV! Booyakasha!

Wow that was unexpected :D

GoldMutant
07-22-2016, 01:53 PM

....Look at the art again, it's the Vision Quest suits; Raph has his and Leo is wielding his bow. It's not Dark Turtle material.

TurtleTitan97
07-22-2016, 01:54 PM

She looks great!

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 02:02 PM
https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/756579757152669696

"You can catch the new episode 'City Of War' when #TMNT returns to Nickelodeon on Sunday, August 14th at 11am/10c!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_pPD0XEAQxWEo.jpg:small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_pQE4XgAE_N-D.jpg:small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_pQkQWgAAjrPm.jpg:small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_pQlPWcAAi9iv.jpg:small

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 02:02 PM
So much info thanks you guys.

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 02:03 PM
So City at War is just one episode? Not surprised.

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 02:05 PM
So City at War is just one episode? Not surprised.

Hope for a animated movie like DC for an actual City at War.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 02:07 PM
and the panel is done.

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Quite an underwhelming amount of concept art and announcements as opposed to years previous.

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 02:08 PM
and the panel is done.

Found out more than what I was hoping.

Chopperface
07-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Just one episode for CAW? Weak. :(

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 02:11 PM
So...what was revealed? Just that one new female character?

NinjaPug
07-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Pretty weak panel for reveals considering the show has been on hiatus since April.

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Pretty weak panel for reveals considering the show has been on hiatus since April.

Well there's only 12 episodes left in this season, and I guess they didn't want to show anything from Season 5 this early.

GoldMutant
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM
So much for hyping the series up. :ohwell: Not surprised on City at War being one episode either. Wish they could've given a clearer idea on the NYC part of season 4.

Chopperface
07-22-2016, 02:14 PM
TMNT poster

Omigod omigod omigod the Foot Elite!!!!

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Well there's only 12 episodes left in this season, and I guess they didn't want to show anything from Season 5 this early.
They are probably saving the Season 5 stuff for NYCC 2016.

victory_angel
07-22-2016, 02:15 PM
maybe "beyond the known universe" and "Moons of Thalos 3" was the two-parter episode since Moons take place just after Known universe ends. We just didn't recognize it as a two-parter because we expected 'Title name part 1' and 'title name part 2' and having them both play the same day.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Some spoilers from the episode, someone on tumble has seen the episode

spoilers for a new episode but their cartoon for the season involves Chris Bradford beating up killer dolphins. It was an experience.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a94be56470fad64d569223a25377c9d4/tumblr_inline_oaqgdtLKXa1sz1u74_540.jpg

:lol:

btw, Karai totally has Leonardo on speed dial and she went bada$$ on Tigerclaw because she loves him.

The Shredder and Karai have mutually declared war on each other.

Karan’s long term goals are to rebuild and bring new honor to the Foot Clan and to kill her adoptive father/kidnapper.

Karai’s friend, Shinigami is AMAZING.

April is officially a kunoich. There was a ceremony and everything.

http://dragonflyonbreak96.tumblr.com/

Also

the writers strongly eluded to the possibility of Leonardo and Raphael teaming up with each other in the future. They weren’t super clear on the subject but dark turtles was mentioned.

please don’t quote me if I’m wrong. but there was some awesome looking art involved.

characters from space will be making appearances in New York. apparently the boys upset more than a couple of individuals during their space travel adventures and they’re “not off the chain yet.”

there’s another storm coming up in the turtle world and they apparently need to fear up for an ultimate fight situation.

Renet is not the only girl in Mikey’s love life. He’s got the hots for Shinigami too.

OMG trust Mikey to fall for another girl :lol: Another love triangle coming up :lol:

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 02:34 PM

spoilers for a new episode but their cartoon for the season involves Chris Bradford beating up killer dolphins. It was an experience.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a94be56470fad64d569223a25377c9d4/tumblr_inline_oaqgdtLKXa1sz1u74_540.jpg

:lol:

btw, Karai totally has Leonardo on speed dial and she went bada$$ on Tigerclaw because she loves him.

The Shredder and Karai have mutually declared war on each other.

Karan’s long term goals are to rebuild and bring new honor to the Foot Clan and to kill her adoptive father/kidnapper.

April is officially a kunoich. There was a ceremony and everything.

http://dragonflyonbreak96.tumblr.com/

Also
So chances are we will see Lord Dregg and Armaggon showing up on earth.

and then Mona Lisa shows up to help the Turtles.

Cipher
07-22-2016, 02:40 PM
TMNT poster

Didn't dig through the last few pages, but has it been pointed out that this is an homage to the last few "City at War" covers?

Pretty cool.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emO38Fw35H8/URfQ7mtYJ0I/AAAAAAAAKCY/zx2fRv5v8TQ/s1600/59-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xWwwmbdWhj0/URf8iImXW3I/AAAAAAAAKD4/BoGji4gKLTI/s1600/60-1.jpg

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 03:29 PM
The other 2 TMNT shorts are up on the Nick website now.

Etsyturtle2
07-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Karan’s long term goals are to rebuild and bring new honor to the Foot Clan and to kill her adoptive father/ kidnapper.

Karan? :o

-------

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Karan? :o

-------

It's probably a typo and meant to say Karai.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 03:35 PM
The other 2 TMNT shorts are up on the Nick website now.
Here they are
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-pizza-friday.html
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-time-and-space.html

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Here they are
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-pizza-friday.html
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-dse-time-and-space.html

Need a Youtube version for me.

TigerClaw
07-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Need a Youtube version for me.
It would show up on the Nickelodeon Youtube page, It's not there at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M_h2S8Ldoc9M6f7B-_m6A/videos

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 03:46 PM
It would show up on the Nickelodeon Youtube page, It's not there at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M_h2S8Ldoc9M6f7B-_m6A/videos

Yeah I know, i've been refreshing every few minutes.

Powder
07-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Oh my Goooooooooooooooodddddddd Brandon's short is PERFECTION!

IT NEEDS TO BE A THING. NOW.

That animation, the style, the designs, just aaaaaaaaaaa@H!@#HH@#!!!!! So fresh. It feels like a TRIGGER anime or something, insanely rad! & that cameo at the end...! :teek: :tgrin:

As for the other one, meh. But it was nice to hear Sam Riegel as Raph!

Papenbrook
07-22-2016, 03:48 PM
OMG trust Mikey to fall for another girl :lol: Another love triangle coming up :lol:

You have GOT to be kidding me. :roll:

Chaotix12345
07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Brandon's short was great! Always love me some time/dimension screwing in TMNT and there was a fun variety of different styles. My favorite was definitely the anime one. Loved the surprise cameo. :lol:

Pizza Day was also fun. Sam Riegal (2k3 Donnie) even plays Raph in it!

TurtleTitan97
07-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Brandon's short was the bomb!

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Loved Brandon's short, Pizza Friday short wasn't that good.

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Loved Brandon's short, Pizza Friday short wasn't that good.

Sadly but dug the voice work and the designs a bit. Not for the Turtles everything else. The Brandon one is pretty fun. If Japan takes another stabbed at TMNT that probably be the result.

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Didn't dig through the last few pages, but has it been pointed out that this is an homage to the last few "City at War" covers?

Pretty cool.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emO38Fw35H8/URfQ7mtYJ0I/AAAAAAAAKCY/zx2fRv5v8TQ/s1600/59-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xWwwmbdWhj0/URf8iImXW3I/AAAAAAAAKD4/BoGji4gKLTI/s1600/60-1.jpg

With Ciro on the job I'm not surprised.

Chaotix12345
07-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Found it kind of funny that Scott Menville played Donatello in Brandon's short considering that he was also the Donnie parody's voice in that Teen Titans Go TMNT episode. :lol:

Etsyturtle2
07-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Wow I want more. That animation is so much better.
Also, now we know how raph got his crack.
Also, 80s turtles.
Also, was the third dimension poking fun at the movies with the crazy shredder and bulky designs?

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 04:51 PM
It's been pointed out that Shinigami looks a bit like Raven from Teen Titans and as I never watched Teen Titans but I think Beast Boy has a crush on Raven right.

So Mikey and Beast Boy have the same voice actor and fall for a girl Raven/Shinigami who look similar.

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 04:53 PM
It's been pointed out that Shinigami looks a bit like Raven from Teen Titans and as I never watched Teen Titans but I think Beast Boy has a crush on Raven right.

So Mikey and Beast Boy have the same voice actor and fall for a girl Raven/Shinigami who look similar.

If they want to go that route of Mikey being a Deviant which hasn't been present since IMAGE.

Powder
07-22-2016, 04:56 PM
He wasn't a Deviant, he was a romantic. ;)

ToTheNines
07-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Nice! Both very cool. Amazing to hear Reigel do another turtle voice again.

You have GOT to be kidding me. :roll:

Go away.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 05:06 PM
New York Comic Con is on between 6th and 9th of October and they could be talking about the season 4 final and season 5 at the TMNT Panel

If there is no breaks between episodes, the season 4 final could be on October 23rd or on October 16th on the Nick site.

Redworld96
07-22-2016, 05:11 PM
I have found a interview with Rob, Greg and Sean
http://www.cw6sandiego.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-voice-cast-say-theyre-similar-to-their-characters/

snake
07-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Brandons short was so good. I love the anime influences

Technogeek29
07-22-2016, 05:46 PM
He wasn't a Deviant, he was a romantic. ;)
:lol::lol::lol:

Ninjinister
07-22-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm impressed with Courtney as April in Pizza Friday. I would've thought she was a more tenured voice actress.

matteso586
07-22-2016, 06:43 PM

AHA! I knew this Shinigami had some history with Karai! And apparently, an evil former friend type.

victory_angel
07-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Brandons short was so good. I love the anime influences

There was actually a mirage comic with a similar story, though Renet is the one who gives them the object, not April and it's Donnie who futz's with it, not Mikey.

Yeah...there are plenty of differences but it's almost beat for beat similarity to Volume 1. Issue #33 Turtles Take Time.

As the issue begins, the TMNT are battling pirates on the high sea. Once the Turtles have swabbed the deck with the foul freebooters, Don pulls an odd cube out of his belt. We discover that the cube is a time travel device that the guys got from Renet, Lord Simultaneous' not-so-able assistant, who we met back in TMNT #8.

Don then recants the tale of how the cube arrived in the Turtles' lair that morning. While the guys were sitting around complaining about being bored, the "anamorphically autosynchronous" hexahedron materialized from thin air right before their eyes. Along with the cube came a warning note from Renet... a note that the TMNT didn't bother to read. Instead, Don set the date on the cube to 1500 A.D. and the guys were instantly teleported back in time to the deck of a Portuguese Man o' War. The Turtles discover exactly what "anamorphically autosynchronous" means, as they've been mysteriously changed while on their journey - not only are the Turtles decked out in swashbuckler garb, but Don now has a wooden leg, Leo has an eye patch, Raph has rotten teeth and Mikey has a... handle-bar mustache. The Captain of the Man o' War welcomes the Turtles help in capturing the pirates... and the rest is history.

Don then activates the hexahedron again and the Turtles are teleported back to their lair - only to discover that they've come back a bit too early in the timeline, and are now confronted by themselves! Don realizes that they can't exist together in the same time frame just as a "Timequake" erupts and teleports the Turtles to a new era.

When the dust settles the TMNT find themselves in the sewers, still encased in their eggshells. Fortunately their legs have broken free and there are cracks in the shells for them to see through... cracks that reveal a hungry alligator bearing down on them! The Turtles dive into the water, with the gator in hot pursuit! Fortunately, before anyone is eaten, another Timequake erupts and carries our heroes away.

Now the Turtles find themselves garbed in Medieval armor and weaponry... although Donatello is no longer with the group! As Raph, Leo and Mike collect themselves, their met by the Knights of the Round Table, who decide to attack the TMNT! The battle doesn't go well for the Turtles, and just as Mikey is about to meet the sharp end Lancelot's blade, Donatello arrives to save him. As soon as the battle is over, another Timequake sends the lads back to the dawn of man.

The Turtles, now dressed in skins and armed with prehistoric weapons, are beset by a band of hungry ape men. Donatello can't control his bestial temper and wipes out the entire tribe! Once the dust has settled, Don fears that he's doomed humanity by destroying their ancestors. Right on cue, the worst Timequake yet erupts and carries our heroes...

Back to the present, safe and sound in their sewer lair, as if nothing has ever happened.

Once Donatello realizes that none of their actions in the past have had any effect on the present, he reaches for the cube once more.

"So much for the past," Don states as he fumbles with the hexahedron, "So, you guys ready to check out the future?"

The remaining three Turtles lunge for their brother, weapons readied.

it's interesting they used Abe-no-Seimei because he was an actual astrologer in Japanese history. According to legend, his mother was a Kitsune.

In Folk Lore, Kazenoha was a kitsune who had fallen in love with a human man. So she shapeshifts into the form of a human so she could be with him. Some legends depict that the true wife of her human lover had been abducted or killed by someone else so Kazunoha dons this woman's appearance so she could take the woman's place. However, it is eventually discovered what she actually is which cancels out the disguises she had been using. Her story ends with her writing an apology to her husband as she is reverting to her true form.

Abe-no-Seimei also had a role in another Kitsune legend. The legend of Tsumamo-no-Mae.

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 07:28 PM
They clearly didn't have much to reveal, why did they even bother with a panel?

plastroncafe
07-22-2016, 08:37 PM
Missed the episode, because I was late to the panel and they wouldn't let anyone in when the lights were down, but I made it in time for most of the talky-talk, and most certainly the shorts.

The shorts.
So amazing.
Loved the references, even the PD one.

Commenter 42
07-22-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm on the outs again. Didn't like, any of the 3, but, sort of hated Eastman's short. Hated the look, especially April, and the turtles being human.

I much prefer Nick to any of these. Guess I'm just old.

:ohwell:

snake
07-22-2016, 10:48 PM
The pizza friday short was so bad. I had a very hard time finishing it. Didn't like the April design either. She looked like the TRIGGERED girl

Coola Yagami
07-22-2016, 11:12 PM
I liked all the shorts. If I have to give any nitpick it was just April hurling all over the place in the first one, but all three of them were cool.

Unworthy tinker
07-22-2016, 11:54 PM
The time and space one and Don vs. Raph are easily tied for my favorite. Time and space was just amazing (seriously, was the third one a 2014 reference? Bulky (but still cool) turtles designs aside, that Shredder and Donnie's "this is getting ridiculous" did make me think of 2014 Shredder), then DvR was just something silly and a little bit dark (off to try and make a gif of Donnie's flesh melting off for my sig!). I also really liked Donnie and April's designs in DvR. Mikey's little stickers on his shell were also kinda cute.

The Pizza Friday one though, eh. I wasn't too fond of the art style or really any of the designs aside from the regular turtles and human Mikey. It just didn't seem as exciting as the other two. Howeverrr, I will say this: It was better than The gang's all here. I'm totally open to the idea of the turtles becoming human, and this is how I'd rather see it be done in an episode, where they're trying to have fun. Like, a montage of them just goofing off, buying stuff, etc. Because c'mon, they're teenagers, they've been hiding for most of their lives, it has to be fun in some way.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
07-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Did anyone else notice the name of April's high school was "Laird High"
Also, why did the Kraang have British-esqe accents?
I enjoyed all three of them, they remind me of the short mini comics in the back of the New Adventure comics series. As a fan of both TMNT and Invader Zim, I would love to see a whole comic turtles comic by Jhonen Vasquez!

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 01:55 AM
They clearly didn't have much to reveal, why did they even bother with a panel?

Maybe because they don't want to spoil too much and anyway season 4 will still be airing when the New York Comic Con is on which is on from October 6th to 9th. So I expect they will be talking about the season 4 final and season 5 at TMNT panel.

evan2000
07-23-2016, 02:17 AM
Loved what we got for the 3 shorts! Kinda remind me of the Peach Nova shorts (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgtXfXdqaNqNbX52k7wc2baAiYMxo5wQ9) during the 4kids era, just longer and (much) crazier :tlol:

Pretty cool.

Neat! So it's a "Mirage cover remake in 2012 style" SDCC poster after all :tlove:

Anybody has an unsigned poster? I only found a signed one on eBay so far:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/WH4AAOSw0fhXkp12/s-l1600.jpg

LeotheLateBloomer
07-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I'll be honest, I didn't care for the "Don vs Raph" short but I liked the high school short (for someone who hates the idea of the turtles turning into humans). Plus Sam Reigel!:tsmile: Hope he gets to voice Donnie again someday!

The time-traveling short was probably my favorite as I liked the different art styles they had. Loved how they were parodying the 2014 film with the beefy turtles, geared up Donnie, and ludicrous Shredder design.

bushido
07-23-2016, 10:28 AM
jOuSCfJgpd8
VGACrpNOjtk

drgon78
07-23-2016, 12:02 PM
I found all of those to be a little meh, but thanks for posting.

neatoman
07-23-2016, 12:22 PM
So Paulsen went from Raph to Don, and Riegel went from Don to Raph? That's kind of amusing, makes me wish it was them in the Vasquez short.

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 01:04 PM
The loved Pizza Time and Turtles Take Time.

I enjoyed seeing the Turtles being human for the first time, and reacting to all that stuff.

Ninjinister
07-23-2016, 01:17 PM
So Paulsen went from Raph to Don, and Riegel went from Don to Raph? That's kind of amusing, makes me wish it was them in the Vasquez short.

Lowenthal went Don to Leo, too.

Meanwhile Bauza was Don AND Leo, but in two different shorts.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Very weak reveals at this SDCC, literally nothing too exciting and no major info for the rest of Season 4 or early Season 5.

They should have at least revealed one major thing to get us hyped up.

victory_angel
07-23-2016, 03:42 PM
I'm hoping to do a Podcast about the Ninja Turtles panel today. It doesn't look like the panel itself will be posted before then. Could someone give a rundown of the panel itself.

I am aware the bulk of it was showing the City At War episode, and the shorts.

And the only character we were shown was Shinigami.

But could someone give an account of what was discussed by everyone there so I'm not completely going by Hear-Say.

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Very weak reveals at this SDCC, literally nothing too exciting and no major info for the rest of Season 4 or early Season 5.

They should have at least revealed one major thing to get us hyped up.

If you bothered to read any of my posts

Season 4 will still be airing when the New York Comic Con is on (Oct 6th - 9th) So I expect at the panel they will be talking about the season 4 final and season 5.

TMNTInsighter
07-23-2016, 03:53 PM
When I heard that Gwendoline was voicing a character by the name of Shinigami I remembered "Death Note" and thought it would actually be a shinigami. I imagined an episode where Karai (and possibly even Splinter) visit the spirit world or something and see Tang Shen. It would've been great closure for Karai as her mother is the reason that she's been fighting on both sides of the battle.

Unworthy tinker
07-23-2016, 09:10 PM
Something just occurred to me about the Pizza Friday short. A while back there was the rumor about Sam Reigel voicing a character, then another about Kevin Eastman writing an episode (and I believe both were big enough to get threads). That short covered both. Nice.

Raven
07-24-2016, 11:27 AM
TMNT poster

Finally, looks like we'll be getting something good again! Haven't been a fan of the space arc, but this looks interesting.