PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Turtles featuring Usagi Yojimbo

Autbot_Benz
06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Greg Cipes visted Playmates today and I got this Screen shot. Looks like Usagi is coming back

http://i.imgur.com/5BIl23k.jpg

Candy Kappa
06-29-2016, 02:22 PM
"Tales of the Turtles". I'm interested.

Powder
06-29-2016, 02:32 PM
Hooooolyyyyyy hell!

HYPE

I spotted Muckman, guess he'll come out after all. Who's the red demon guy, I wonder? Mark Hamill's character, perhaps?

Spin-offs for the turtles and/or Bebop/Rocksteady? Or just variant lines?

Noticed a SOTO styled Classics package on display but that doesn't look like a turtle, does it? Maybe we'll get Splinter or Shredder?

http://i.imgur.com/CDyEU20.png

Micro Mutants returning? Awesome, I've longed for that.

Autbot_Benz
06-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Hooooolyyyyyy hell!

HYPE

I spotted Muckman, guess he'll come out after all. Who's the red demon guy, I wonder? Mark Hamill's character, perhaps?

Noticed a SOTO styled Classics package on display but that doesn't look like a turtle, does it? Maybe we'll get Splinter or Shredder?

I was talking with Pixel Dan and he saw the nick Super Shredder figure at toy fair but he couldn't take pics of it.

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Usagi making his debut in the cartoon? Why else would Playmates have the rights to make him again if otherwise?

IndigoErth
06-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Wow, I thought Usagi's creator was against it for a long time, huh? Just how long and hard did they have to bribe and bug him? :trazz: Look forward to him showing up. Perhaps this is a hint of Season 5?

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Wow, I thought Usagi's creator was against it for a long time, huh? Just how long and hard did they have to bribe and bug him? :trazz: Look forward to him showing up. Perhaps this is a hint of Season 5?

Very likely. Season 5 won't be airing for a long time so its likely they just secured the rights.

Rumor has it the Turtles would be traveling in Europe/Asia next season so stopping by Japan makes sense. I wonder if Usagi is in our world or they go to his.

Casey
06-29-2016, 03:09 PM
YES! I hope they treat him well!

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Who is in the mutants and monsters pictures? I see a Mummy...and Dracula from Season 5...

Candy Kappa
06-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Disguise Turtles with Wanted Bebop & Rocksteady, that's pretty neat.

Who is in the mutants and monsters pictures? I see a Mummy...and Dracula from Season 5...

Mikey looks like a Teen Wolf-esque werewolf, Raph is the vampire, Leo the mummy and I'm not sure what Donnie is supposed to be... Maybe a caveman?

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Looks like a sequel to the Universal Studios monster TMNT figures from the 90's. I loved those as a kid.

ToTheNines
06-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Disguise Turtles with Wanted Bebop & Rocksteady, that's pretty neat.

Mikey looks like a Teen Wolf-esque werewolf, Raph is the vampire, Leo the mummy and I'm not sure what Donnie is supposed to be... Maybe a caveman?

Frankenstein, I would presume.

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 04:05 PM
So Super Shredder is also happening. I wonder if they'll do the videogame route and have him shoot out fire/ice and mutagen balls.

Redrumh2o
06-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Maybe try asking Stan in what capacity UY will be in the new TMNT universe. He's on FB/Twitter although it's mostly his handler. Maybe if anyone sees him at a con? Very cool news....I'm looking forward to UY

Leonardo87
06-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Sweet!!! It's gonna be great to see Usagi on the TV again! I'm sure it was a matter of time that they were going to introduce us to him with Stan's approval I'm sure.

Powder
06-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Maybe try asking Stan in what capacity UY will be in the new TMNT universe. He's on FB/Twitter although it's mostly his handler. Maybe if anyone sees him at a con? Very cool news....I'm looking forward to UY

They were surely saving this stuff for SDCC, so I imagine nobody official will comment on it for a few weeks.

CyberCubed
06-29-2016, 06:33 PM
This is just dope, dawg!

TigerClaw
06-29-2016, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprise if one of the characters announced at the Nick TMNT panel at SDCC, is Usagi appearing in Season 5, which makes sense since they will be dealing with mystical elements.

OrokuYoshiFilms
06-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Argh, finally some new stuff...excited for the full reveals. So over the movie turtles...hope that's a turtle in that white robe, would make a cool figure.

snake
06-29-2016, 06:51 PM
This is just dope, dawg!

You're trying to be Powder and it isn't working.

But yeah, Usagi is great.

thundermaster612
06-29-2016, 07:23 PM
It looks like a Half Shell Heroes special either though it clearly isn't. This seems like Season 5 stuff. KavaXas will be the villain of S5 (we'll probably get SS near the end) Usagi will ally with the turtles and they'll do Feudal Japan/Battle Nexus/Usagi Realm stuff. Whatever. I'm just here for Usagi. Wonder how he'll look properly rendered in CGI

ToSte
06-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Please let that road warrior **** be some sort of mad max type theme

Unworthy tinker
06-29-2016, 10:21 PM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/steven-universe/images/5/5d/Cryforhelp10.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20150713231503

I need those Monster Hunter turtles in my life. They can be underpainted as bad, if not even worse than the mystic turtles, I'd be willing to fill in the missing paint apps.

Usagi's pretty exciting too. And Super Shredder.

TMNTFanatic4Life
06-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Hooooolyyyyyy hell!

HYPE

Micro Mutants returning? Awesome, I've longed for that.

It would be so freaking cool if it was the SOTO Shredder. I always wanted a Shredder from either the 1990 TMNT movie or SOTO.

Chaotix12345
06-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Or, following the Nick show's lead, a SUPER SHREDDER. I know I'd buy a modern articulated version of THAT crazy suit. (Though I'm secretly hoping for Tokka and Rahzar. I'd kill for suit-accurate sculpts.)

SS Kakarot
06-30-2016, 04:23 AM
Looks like the video was deleted on Twitter.
Anyone still got it?

Raptor86
06-30-2016, 05:59 AM
VERY juicy news! :teek:

thundermaster612
06-30-2016, 10:22 AM
It seems that some kind of deal has been worked out with Stan Sakai. Good to see Usagi back in the TMNT world.

I can see it now..

Stan: "Okay, here's the deal. Never contact me, or mention me, or think of me, or do anything that has to do with me ever again and I give you the rights to use Usagi in Ninja Turtles. Deal?"

Nick: "Deal"

SS Kakarot
06-30-2016, 11:03 AM
So, it looks like 'Tales of the Turtles' include:

- Road Warriors
- Monster Hunsters
- Super Shredder
- Wanted: Bebop + Rocksteady
- Samurai Turtles: featuring Usagi Yojimbo

I also spotted an 'undercover' style Turtle, if I remember correct from watching the video when it was still online yesterday.

Huzzah
06-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Or, following the Nick show's lead, a SUPER SHREDDER. I know I'd buy a modern articulated version of THAT crazy suit. (Though I'm secretly hoping for Tokka and Rahzar. I'd kill for suit-accurate sculpts.)

If you ever expect more than just another version of Turtles,you're expecting too much. Not to mention they'd likely be undersized.

EddieNES
06-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Starting to see the end of the line with this series with themes like this.

Next up, Dino Turtles!

(Don't mistake this for my excitement to get every single one of these figures)

IndigoErth
06-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Too late, the Dinos have been done already via Half Shell.

Gunstar_Red
06-30-2016, 01:32 PM
So I'm the only one sad about this news?

Usagi Yojimbo and TMNT reminds me of the time crossovers were made between friends, not as a cash in. Indie comics sure have changed. This only proves Usagi shouldn't have been involved with TMNT in the first place, or at least, the cartoon versions. Now he's going to be a cheap, poorly painted "action" figure that is more than likely going to sit on store shelves because only die hard fans will buy him (like Karai's predicament). Usagi Yojimbo's licence deserves better than Playmates.

snake
06-30-2016, 01:41 PM

Usagi Yojimbo and TMNT reminds me of the time crossovers were made between friends, not as a cash in. Indie comics sure have changed. This only proves Usagi shouldn't have been involved with TMNT in the first place, or at least, the cartoon versions. Now he's going to be a cheap, poorly painted "action" figure that is more than likely going to sit on store shelves because only die hard fans will buy him (like Karai's predicament). Usagi Yojimbo's licence deserves better than Playmates.

Are you kidding on that last part? Usagi is going to be one of the hottest figures when he comes out.

Powder
06-30-2016, 02:38 PM

Probably, yes.

I'd say he's doing it more for the benefit of the fans than the paycheck. Nick will do a great job with him, I'm sure. & as the toy would be in part a means to keep them in good graces with Stan, I'm hoping it'll at least be fully painted.

Candy Kappa
06-30-2016, 02:44 PM
A Usagi with the articulation scheme like the Basic wave 1 Turtles, proper paint detail and packaged with Daisho, tanto and a yari would be pretty damn sweet.

Huzzah
06-30-2016, 02:55 PM
As far as Usagi goes, I really hope it's a better figure than the one that came out into thousand three. I don't want any horrible pre-posed look, and I would love if he had the basic articulation that the wave one turtles had. It'd be great to have a version of him that can actually move in some position.

Candy Kappa
06-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Totally. There's a huge void of good Usagi action figures. Both the vintage figures lack the iconic look, the 2k3 have that extreme preposed sculpt. Then there's a Dark Horse pvc staction figure which is too large to scale with the Turtles.

There's the Artic Press Usagi figure (plus 2 variants) which is probably the best Usagi figure to-date. And that figure was released in the 90's

CyberCubed
06-30-2016, 04:21 PM

No, its fine. Usagi has plenty of other non-Playmates figures already. Look them up.

Otter
07-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Totally. There's a huge void of good Usagi action figures. Both the vintage figures lack the iconic look, the 2k3 have that extreme preposed sculpt. Then there's a Dark Horse pvc staction figure which is too large to scale with the Turtles.

There's the Artic Press Usagi figure (plus 2 variants) which is probably the best Usagi figure to-date. And that figure was released in the 90's

Don't forget the awesome statues released by Roku Toys back in 2009. The best 3D representation of Usagi and associates, ever.

Candy Kappa
07-02-2016, 03:54 AM
That's true, I forgot about the Polystone statues.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 11:18 AM
I wonder how many other Usagi Yojimbo characters will be featured in the samurai subline?

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 11:51 AM
I wonder how many other Usagi Yojimbo characters will be featured in the samurai subline?

Perhaps Genosouke and Tomoe.

nellyp
07-02-2016, 07:11 PM
It would be cool if they could get David Garcia's blessing to do Panda Khan as well but that might be too much to ask for.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 09:40 PM
It would be cool if they could get David Garcia's blessing to do Panda Khan as well but that might be too much to ask for.

YES! YOUR KAHN MUST BE IMMORTALIZED IN PLASTIC ONCE MORE! :D

Seriously though, I'd to get a new, updated figure of him for the collection.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
07-03-2016, 12:34 AM

It isn't so much giving blessing as working out a licensing deal.

Gunstar_Red
07-04-2016, 12:26 AM
I'd say he's doing it more for the benefit of the fans than the paycheck. Nick will do a great job with him, I'm sure. & as the toy would be in part a means to keep them in good graces with Stan, I'm hoping it'll at least be fully painted.

Considering he wanted nothing to do with Viacom before, whatever they said to him this time must have been really good. I'm hoping he doesn't get screwed with some fine print crap. :/

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 12:29 PM
I see Bebop and Rocksteady dressed in their 80's clothes too.....

Powder
07-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Someone off-site pointed out that we might be getting the TMNT as famous wrestlers. Seems an odd and unlikely concept for the modern series (totally could've seen that back in the day, though) but this shot of them is somewhat convincing:

http://i.imgur.com/Yf5rQpT.png

Looks like Hulk, Sting, & Undertaker. Could it be?

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGxvdaHmd2e/

& my suspicion of that Classics figure not being a turtle is definitely confirmed, but who the hell is it? Given the hat & otherwise human appearance I wonder if it's not Cipes himself! :tlol:

Reigner
07-05-2016, 07:09 AM
If that's anyone that's Macho Man (Macho Mike?)

nellyp
07-05-2016, 09:45 AM
The wrestler thing could make sense as I thought playmates acquired the wwe licence for their t-sprints line. They may have worked out a cross promotion deal like they did with the Star Trek licence back in the day.

Edit: I guess the wwe version of t-sprints are called nitro sprints

snake
07-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I doubt it's Hogan, as he was released from his legends contract over a year ago. Undertaker seems very likely as well as Macho Man. Sting is an odd choice, but personally I'm cool with it.

Agent 86
07-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Argh! Who is that character in the updated "Classic Collection" packaging? Splinter? Shredder? A Foot Soldier?

Raptor86
07-07-2016, 06:38 AM
Argh! Who is that character in the updated "Classic Collection" packaging? Splinter? Shredder? A Foot Soldier?

I guess that probabilty-wise it would be Shredder or Krang, since they have the sculpts ready.

wpugh2424
07-07-2016, 07:56 AM
I would def be on board w wwe variants
Cool idea

OrokuYoshiFilms
07-07-2016, 11:22 PM
As a big fan of both properties, I can't explain how excited I am. ...and I'm pretty sure it's only me...lol. When I heard about Sheamus in the new movie, I had hoped for this exact sort of thing. They're both heavy in the figure game. I'd love a HBK/Raph or Flair/Splinter. Almost 100% sure it'll be Leo/Cena

thundermaster612
07-08-2016, 07:27 AM
Does anybody else notice that he put the Talk to me Mikey hashtag in his message? What if he already got one? or maybe they need his voice to add more lines. Its a pretty cool toy already, I wonder what their doing with it...

Shellington
07-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Usagi Yojimbo is awesome. Looking forward to his appearance.

turtlefanforever
07-30-2016, 10:07 AM
WWE 6" turtles confirmed. Mikey/Savage, Raph/Sting, Leo/Cena, Donnie/Unertaker

I Crave Pizza No More
07-30-2016, 11:16 AM

Source? Kind of curious, and disappointed that Hogan isn't involved (but understand why after all the nonsense he was in the news for the past few years).

EddieNES
07-30-2016, 11:21 AM

It's all downhill for the Nick line now.

Sabacooza
07-30-2016, 11:47 AM
It's all downhill for the Nick line now.Sounds like they're grasping at straws now.

Huzzah
07-30-2016, 12:39 PM
As opposed to actually releasing figures of the countless other under represented characters from the show, they simply look for more Turtles variants.

Ninjinister
07-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Source? Kind of curious, and disappointed that Hogan isn't involved (but understand why after all the nonsense he was in the news for the past few years).

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2016/07/21/sdcc-2016-playmates-toys-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-interview/

imevilduckie
07-30-2016, 07:35 PM
... disappointed that Hogan isn't involved (but understand why after all the nonsense he was in the news for the past few years).

WWE cut all ties with him and pulled any upcoming merchandise featuring him last year when the racism scandal came out. It's sad, really ... I grew up idolizing him, and now, I find him disgusting as a human being.

snake
07-30-2016, 07:37 PM
WWE cut all ties with him and pulled any upcoming merchandise featuring him last year when the racism scandal came out. It's sad, really ... I grew up idolizing him, and now, I find him disgusting as a human being.

It's something he said years ago. You've never said anything that you regret?

EddieNES
07-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Hogan will be back. This is just a PC lets act like we care move on wwes part.
2-5 years, Hogans back!

Pretend like it never happened.

TurtleWA
07-30-2016, 10:05 PM
http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2016/07/21/sdcc-2016-playmates-toys-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-interview/

My thoughts on the article.

"These figure will have slightly less articulation than the other 6″ figure offerings." Hmm, didn't think that was possible. A burn. Thank you.

"6″ Shredder and Krang on back burner because the first few 6″ waves sold below expectations." What waves are they even specifically talking about?

"Micro Turtles Figure Smaller than Mega Bloks and less articulated. Line will include playsets and small vehicles" These might actually be cool.

thundermaster612
07-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Playmates is stu-****ing-pid

imevilduckie
07-31-2016, 06:08 PM
It's something he said years ago. You've never said anything that you regret?

I absolutely have. But for me, it wasn't just this one issue. Rather:

* His multiple racist statements
* Rather than owning up to what he said and apologizing before it got out, instead he spent time in court attempting to ensure that the tapes wouldn't be released
* His "apology" where he tried to misdirect the statements entirely
* His sexualization and exploitation of his daughter for commercial gain
* His manipulation of the media to get his son out of more serious jail time, even though he deserved much more than he got
* His slander of the victim of the accident that his son caused which intimated that the victim deserved to be paralyzed for life because he was a "negative person"
* His peddling of the events of his family life into a reality show
* The callous disrespect he showed to his then-wife in public
* The lawsuit he brought against a news organization that was only done so that a billionaire could settle a personal grudge, and the effects that that will have on hundreds of people who will likely lose their jobs for no good reason

That enough?

EddieNES
07-31-2016, 06:16 PM
I absolutely have. But for me, it wasn't just this one issue. Rather:

* His multiple racist statements
* Rather than owning up to what he said and apologizing before it got out, instead he spent time in court attempting to ensure that the tapes wouldn't be released
* His "apology" where he tried to misdirect the statements entirely
* His sexualization and exploitation of his daughter for commercial gain
* His manipulation of the media to get his son out of more serious jail time, even though he deserved much more than he got
* His slander of the victim of the accident that his son caused which intimated that the victim deserved to be paralyzed for life because he was a "negative person"
* His peddling of the events of his family life into a reality show
* The callous disrespect he showed to his then-wife in public
* The lawsuit he brought against a news organization that was only done so that a billionaire could settle a personal grudge, and the effects that that will have on hundreds of people who will likely lose their jobs for no good reason

That enough?

Nobody cares. People just get upset at things so they can say they are upset.
Deep down. Nobody gives a flying duck.

Back to Usagi.

imevilduckie
07-31-2016, 08:09 PM
Nobody cares. People just get upset at things so they can say they are upset.
Deep down. Nobody gives a flying duck.

Back to Usagi.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I actually have strong feelings about the people we put up on pedestals as role models.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
07-31-2016, 08:35 PM

It's still ok to idolize "Hulk Hogan". Terry Bollea is the one that had a sex scandal and said racist things in a private conversation. Hulk stands for All American values and always trying to do the right thing. To me turning on Hulk Hogan would be like turning on Leo DeCaprio for playing a slave trader in Django Unchained. I know what you mean though. I grew up obsessed with wrestling and also Michael Jackson. Even though MJ was never convicted of anything it still bugs me that he was even accused. The same goes for Bill Cosby. Every 80's kid loved Cliff Huxtable and as far as I'm concerned Cliff Huxtable is still a very admirable guy but Cosby himself is more than likely scum. As far as this actual topic goes though I can not express my joy enough that we might get more Usagi stuff and that he might be on this show. I absolutely adore Usagi and can't get enough of Stan Sakai's work. He is probably the single best storyteller on planet earth. I think this show will do him right. I also hope they get to use Genn since he's my favorite Usagi character. He was in the 03 version so it is possible.

imevilduckie
07-31-2016, 08:38 PM
It's still ok to idolize "Hulk Hogan". Terry Bollea is the one that had a sex scandal and said racist things in a private conversation. Hulk stands for All American values and always trying to do the right thing. To me turning on Hulk Hogan would be like turning on Leo DeCaprio for playing a slave trader in Django Unchained. I know what you mean though. I grew up obsessed with wrestling and also Michael Jackson. Even though MJ was never convicted of anything it still bugs me that he was even accused. The same goes for Bill Cosby. Every 80's kid loved Cliff Huxtable and as far as I'm concerned Cliff Huxtable is still a very admirable guy but Cosby himself is more than likely scum.

Good points. I hadn't thought about it that way. The character was my hero as a child. Real people usually don't measure up to those ideals because we're all human.

snake
07-31-2016, 09:16 PM
Good points. I hadn't thought about it that way. The character was my hero as a child. Real people usually don't measure up to those ideals because we're all human.

Yeah. You know how people always say to never meet your idols. Micheal Jackson is actual scum though. He deserved every piece of backlash towards him.

thundermaster612
08-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah. You know how people always say to never meet your idols. Micheal Jackson is actual scum though. He deserved every piece of backlash towards him.

What'd he do?
Also Playmates should make an IDW line :tcool:
Yes, I went there. again.
They should be special edition too, so they have full paint jobs like Karai. That'd boost em.

Huzzah
08-01-2016, 04:17 PM
What'd he do?
Also Playmates should make an IDW line :tcool:
Yes, I went there. again.
They should be special edition too, so they have full paint jobs like Karai. That'd boost em.

IDW doesn't reach enough people for Playmates to view it as a viable option. They'd have to be made my people who targeted the collectors market, and Playmates has repeatedly shown they don't have the interest, nor the willingness to target collectors. They claim their Classics line has failed, though I'm certain that releasing the same four figures over and over had nothing to do with that...

That and Playmates doesn't seem to have a grasp on scale when it comes to figures and frankly I'd rather go without than have piss poor scaled, poorly articulated toys based on the comics.

snake
08-01-2016, 04:52 PM
I'd want NECA to do an IDW line. Playmates should never touch a "collector" based line ever again.

Mew
08-01-2016, 05:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bYYlVXQ.png

Huzzah
08-01-2016, 06:10 PM
But of course it's six inches because that's what makes it for collectors...

darthwahl56
08-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Anybody else give themselves a face palm when they heard that they were doing a WWE and TMNT combined together figure line. This sounds like the 90's figure line, not a dedicated 6 inch figure line. I would rather they made these variations for the Nick line as I would think that would cost less and make more sense.

TurtleWA
08-01-2016, 11:54 PM

Clever and entertaining Mew. Have any ideas for a vehicle?

Etsyturtle2
08-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Was*,,,...:'He's a child abusing pedophile creep. For real.

Mew
08-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Clever and entertaining Mew. Have any ideas for a vehicle?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e1/e0/d1/e1e0d13daad4e87a9ee882c4cc7eae46.jpg

sdp
08-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Did they confirm Usaji was going to be in the Nick show at SDCC?

I was thinking maybe Playmates could still have the license from the 2k3 days, you never know what type of contract they signed.

thundermaster612
08-03-2016, 06:36 AM
The only things I'm purchasing from Playmates this year is a SOTO figure, Karai, V2 Movie Jones, a fighting turtles, and maybe the Polaris.

AT-Man
08-03-2016, 07:28 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e1/e0/d1/e1e0d13daad4e87a9ee882c4cc7eae46.jpg

LOL! Chubby stickmen are the best!

darthwahl56
08-05-2016, 12:12 AM

Oh look it's the Bebop and Rocksteady purple and Black vehicle using the current party wagon as the model with finger flicking missile action.:lol::lol:

Lil Karai
08-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Anybody else give themselves a face palm when they heard that they were doing a WWE and TMNT combined together figure line. This sounds like the 90's figure line, not a dedicated 6 inch figure line. I would rather they made these variations for the Nick line as I would think that would cost less and make more sense.

Yes. But then I was once again glad that my money will be having nothing to do with any of that :)

Hero
08-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Looking forward to Samurai Turtles with Usagi in the mix.

Hope some pictures surface soon.