PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Account Question

Panda_Kahn_fan
06-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Never Mind, I know what to do now.

Powder
06-30-2016, 12:19 AM
Supposedly you can lock yourself out of it, but you can't just outright remove it from existence.

CyberCubed
06-30-2016, 12:43 AM
Why would you be wondering this? You're planning to delete your account?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-30-2016, 07:56 AM
A lot of people here seem so angry and pissed off all the time, and one or two seem to to target people posts because of my choice of TMNT media they like and dislike. The Movie forum seems to be ready to tear itself apart at any given minute, and so many posts are dripping with sarcasm and anger, and everyone who doesn't like it is told the 'grow up up', or 'man up so the ones who make the comments don't have to stop.

I came here a few years ago ti discuss turtles, but this fandom is more divided and angry than sonic's fanbase, I debating wither it's time for me to move on. It just hard, because there are just as many nice and friendly people on here and there are rude and angry ones.

If you give up, THEY WIN.

Fight the good fight; stick to your ideals; attack the windmills. Be afraid of no one but your own unmitigated lust for power.

thundermaster612
06-30-2016, 09:31 AM
If you give up, THEY WIN.

Fight the good fight; stick to your ideals; attack the windmills. Be afraid of no one but your own unmitigated lust for power.

Hmm... I swear I saw something like that in some guy's signature. I remember he has NECA Don in his profile pic...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Hmm... I swear I saw something like that in some guy's signature. I remember he has NECA Don in his profile pic...

I have transcended a single profile to gain influence and control over the minds of hundreds.

You WILL be afraid of my unchecked power. You WILL tremble before my maniacal laughter.

Netkeeper
06-30-2016, 12:27 PM
You could always take a break from the forums for a while, or perhaps hang out in a different part of the forum, if you want.

Or you can change your password to garbage and keep yourself from logging back in, but I've never liked when people did things like that. I find it kinda dumb because you never know what you might wanna log in and grab a few years down the road, like the info from some old post or PM or something.

Electric
06-30-2016, 12:29 PM
I'll give you that this place is currently in a state of turmoil. But if it's bothering you, instead of deleting the account, you should consider just taking a break. Leave the account, just don't log on for a few months. Come back and see if things are better.

I've done that, and while things weren't in any way better, the break was enough that I didn't mind.

Another option is to just avoid the movie threads altogether. That place is toxic, and dominated by those few who have waged a war on happiness

Impervium Gem
06-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Hello Panda!

I absolutely understand you there. It can be very difficult to be around people who spread toxic vibes like lawn sprinklers. What is so sad about all this is that people who are actually very nice and/or well capable to discuss things on a neutral set of mind feel more and more discouraged to spend some time on certain pages or boards and interact, even though it could be really lovely with the right people.

Maybe it helps to focus on something else for a while or just focus on your love for the Turtles, just sit back and take a break from chatting. It can be nice to talk to people about things, but sometimes it can really lead to neglecting yourself and the other things you enjoy which are actually very important. :)

The fact of never knowing before you open the thread if a posted response might be friendly or an attack can really cause feelings of anxiousness or worry. I think that it happens in any kind of fandom that people are quite over the edge as being online too often can really harden your personality and how you treat others. Otherwise many people would be far more relaxed and down to earth.

I had gotten web access quite late, so I used to be alone with my character crushes or favourite games and movies most of the time. When I first discovered the world wide web I was shocked how toxic the atmosphere could be. While I usually had just fun with something, meeting other fans was both, really, really enjoyable but it also put a lot of weight on my heart and the joy, depending on how they treated me (or how I allowed them to treat me). Spending my time with the wrong people really weakened what used to make me feel so happy as I began to connect the people and what they said with fear of rejection and sadness instead of love, happiness and the excitement.

Make sure YOU are doing okay. That's the most important thing! I wish you all the best and many wonderful moments! :)

MikeandRaph87
06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Listen to Rocky,my friend. Besides, I need you here.

https://youtu.be/_Z5OookwOoY

Powder
06-30-2016, 09:09 PM
The fact of never knowing before you open the thread if a posted response might be friendly or an attack can really cause feelings of anxiousness or worry.

...it also put a lot of weight on my heart and the joy, depending on how they treated me (or how I allowed them to treat me). Spending my time with the wrong people really weakened what used to make me feel so happy as I began to connect the people and what they said with fear of rejection and sadness instead of love, happiness and the excitement.

Really not trying to insult you here as it's clear you've got a positive spirit & all that jazz but I can't understand how some of you can be this sensitive. You could walk a few blocks & get killed by a thug or even a police officer, right now, in almost any part of the world. The internet is nothing.

Etsyturtle2
06-30-2016, 09:22 PM
Why lock it? Why not leave a chance open just in case you wanna come back later?

Electric
06-30-2016, 10:22 PM
Really not trying to insult you here as it's clear you've got a positive spirit & all that jazz but I can't understand how some of you can be this sensitive. You could walk a few blocks & get killed by a thug or even a police officer, right now, in almost any part of the world. The internet is nothing.

Ive agreed with you on just about every thread in the past few weeks, no exception here.

Not in any way being mean, or trying to be, but the internet really allows you to distance yourself if youre getting very anxious or offended. Just log out or avoid it. Conflict happens everywhere, but when its on an online forum, its easy to step away. If the Drome is really bothering ya, Id recommend avoiding any of the highly-toxic areas, or maybe just take a break altogether. It may be beneficial, and still leaves the possibility for you to come back.

Impervium Gem
07-01-2016, 05:38 AM
I have never felt particularly comfortable around so many people, so obviously this was what was giving me a rough time in addition. The pressure not to fall in disgrace with the other people in fan boards was of course an issue there. After all I had never met anybody with the same interests before and, if you don't know how to handle the online world yet, it can still make you feel inferior than the members who have been there for all those years and longer into a fandom.

I understand it can be difficult to feel how someone else might, but there are so many people who are sensitive to certain situations, whether they are outside in the real world or when posting on the internet. I wanted to respond to Panda's thread because I wanted to show him my understanding of the situation and also encourage everyone whose sensitivity doesn't stop online that they are not alone with this. That they still are entitled to accept or even love themselves the way they are, no matter what others think.

And to me, especially since you can get killed or robbed or what not outside, it would be way more fruitful to make the internet atmosphere a better place for everyone instead, to have a safe haven from the coldness, bullying and violence outside. Life is full of situations you can't change, but on the internet you have enough time to think of ways to form your words more politely the same way you can detach yourself from what is going on on your screen. :)

IndigoErth
07-01-2016, 10:39 AM
My opinion just echos what others have said - better to just take a break or avoid certain sections. Or put offenders on ignore (we can do that, right? I haven't used it).

I don't really understand the "will delete my account" mentality. I have a friend who has gotten mad at other stuff and said the same thing, but always leaves me saying who does that hurt other than herself if she ever decides to wander back and check it out again? Because knowing her she'd cool off and eventually want to. (Particularly has happened over MMOs we liked playing.)

I mean still having an account isn't like remaining part of a club, still going and just aren't interacting with anyone. It's more like you just still have a key to the place, but threw it aside and stopped going.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Why not let their rage fuel YOUR rage?

Fight fire with fire, flame with flame.

BURN THOSE MOTHERS! BURN 'EM! :flaming:

The Deadman
07-01-2016, 11:35 AM
why not let their rage fuel your rage?

Fight fire with fire, flame with flame.

Burn those mothers! Burn 'em! :flaming:

burn it down, pookie

thundermaster612
07-01-2016, 11:43 AM
I have transcended a single profile to gain influence and control over the minds of hundreds.

You WILL be afraid of my unchecked power. You WILL tremble before my maniacal laughter.

No I wont.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, I thin I'll be sticking around. I just ignore those few arrogant brats who shoot their mouths off, and just say what's on my mind. And it's not I'm too 'sensitive' to deal with this trash, it's just I put up with it in real life, why should I put up with it on here? But the few jerks are going on ignore, I won't even be acknowledging their existence any longer.

And by the way, it's not the people who call trollish jerks out on their behavior and won't put up with it who are 'sensitive babies', it's the jerks who fling insults and tear down other peoples opinions who are the pathetic, whiny brats. I just won't pay attention to you any longer.

Ya lost your avatar, PK...

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Ya lost your avatar, PK...

Just changing it, my friend. I'm coming back stronger than ever before! :x

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Just changing it, my friend. I'm coming back stronger than ever before! :x

I approve.