PDA

View Full Version : In the 90's, who listened to NSync, Backstreet Boys, or the Spice Girls?

CyberCubed
07-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Haha, don't try to deny it, guys. I know some of you in the 90's listened to these bands. Especially you, yeah you, peeking around from behind the corner there.

Hahaha. Who here listened to N'Sync, Backstreet Boys or the Spice Girls back in the 90's? Come out here and ADMIT IT. I want to know!

sdp
07-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Listened? No. Familiar with some of their hit singles? Yes because I didn't control the radio of cars/malls. My sister loved the Spice Girls so I actually remember some of their songs a little more.

For some guilty pleasures which is what I think you're aiming for then I used to like that song "How do I feel" by Hoku which played constantly in the Disney Channel in the late 90s. One of the first songs I downloaded when Napster came out.

Powder
07-01-2016, 06:30 PM
I listened to Backstreet Boys as a little kid. Fight me.

snake
07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
NSync is a great thing to bring up for the "Music is horrible these days! It's all boybands and sex!" crowd

Prowler
07-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I didn't. I didn't care much about music asides from what my parents played(60s-70s rock classics) on the stereo.

And how many males do you know that listened to such bands, anyway?

I remember a few girls at my school liking the Spice Girls, but not the other two bands. Then again I was in 4th grade back in 1999/2000, which I assume was the height of that band's popularity?

snake
07-01-2016, 06:44 PM
I didn't. I didn't care much about music asides from what my parents played(60s-70s rock classics) on the stereo.

I remember a few girls at my school liking the Spice Girls, but not the other two bands. Then again I was in 4th grade back in 1999/2000, which I assume was the height of that band's popularity?

The Spice Girls in their prime were pretty hot imo.

I would.

Shiro Kame
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Was too young back then. I'm considering checking their stuff out soon since I listened to a Spice Girl song on the first Just Dance a couple days ago. From what I can tell, they're pretty good.

Prowler
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
The Spice Girls in their prime were pretty hot imo.

I would.
That is a whole different matter, though.

CyberCubed
07-01-2016, 06:52 PM
As someone who was 12ish and a teen when these bands were huge, I used to hear them all the time in my middle school.

Then came the Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera era...or maybe it was a the same time, I know they came after Spice Girls faded away though.

Prowler
07-01-2016, 07:03 PM
As someone who was 12ish and a teen when these bands were huge, I used to hear them all the time in my middle school.

Then came the Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera era...or maybe it was a the same time, I know they came after Spice Girls faded away though.
You actually overheard them whilst playing Pokémon games? :P

ZariusTwo
07-02-2016, 12:55 AM
Boyzone was where it was at

ryCIAJRTwJg

Utrommaniac
07-02-2016, 01:20 AM
I was in third grade when NSYNC and Backstreet Boys were hitting the waves. I didn't pay much attention to them, but oh, did I know I Want It That Way. The Backstreet Boys were even on Arthur a few times.

Recently, one of NSYNC's songs came on the radio, and all I could think was "Oh no, my generation's Mom Songs are coming back!"...while a few months prior, I jammed to 1000 Miles while working.

There was even a Brittney Spears CD I got as a birthday gift from a classmate, but all I ever listened to from her was on that. It was the Oops I Did It Again one. One thing I've always wondered about that now was...what the HECK was up with the random "goodbye at the train station" where he gives her the necklace from Titanic...right in the middle of the song? What was that??? Why was it there? What did it have to do with anything?

The Deadman
07-02-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hanson, my cousin used to drive me insane with their music back in the day and I often questioned her life choices because of it.

Wesley
07-02-2016, 10:54 AM

I didn't pay much attention to music back then either aside from the stuff that my dad played on the car radio. I watched the Spice Girls on the Irish tv show Reeling in the Years, though, and thought they were good-looking.:lol:

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 03:55 PM
They were everywhere, how could you not? I admit I liked the Spice Girls. They're MTV vids were cool and I admit, I wanted to bang em.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I was like 8/9/10 years old at best when the Spice Girls were in their height of popularity. Women still had cooties to me at the time.

Krutch
07-13-2016, 05:03 PM
I listened to some Spice Girls back in the day. I occasionally MC/DJ weddings, and let me tell you, girls lose their freaking mind whenever "Stop" comes on.

Every. single. time.

Spike Spiegel
07-14-2016, 02:06 PM
I remember Britney Spears performing on the Kids' Choice Awards. Can't remember if N'Sync did or not.

My mother prohibited me from listening to the Spice Girls, though I didn't know why at the time.

I still find the Vengaboys to be a guilty pleasure.

Raven
07-14-2016, 02:11 PM
My younger sister was heavy into Spice Girls, so that played regularly through out the house during that period of time. I found Nysncs "bye, bye, bye." enjoyable, but beyond that I never got into them or the backstreet boys.

Allio
07-14-2016, 02:11 PM
nope music was more my sisters thing.

Storm Eagle
07-14-2016, 11:50 PM

The only bands I listened to in that period were the ones known as "alternative".

The only Spice Girls song I cared about was "Say You'll Be There", and I even looked forward to seeing them perform it on Saturday Night Live when Rob Lowe hosted it in 1997.

I was more interested in rap and "alternative" anyway.

IndigoErth
07-14-2016, 11:54 PM
Eh, I've only listened to what made it onto radio stations. Too old; N'Sync, Backstreet Boys and the like were the thing when my sister was in High School.

No...I'm old enough I had New Kids on the Block cassette tapes. That can stay in the past where it belongs, and to be fair I was only 10 and 11 at the time.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
09-23-2016, 05:25 AM
Hundreds of trillions (or at least some milliards) of girls, usually teenage girls except Spice Girls, their fans were also girls but usually younger (like between 6-12)

Zak The Neutrino
09-23-2016, 08:26 AM
I had to listen to a lot of their songs over and over. I worked in the mall in High School and I worked in stores that sold stuff to teenie boppers so their music was littered all over our store cds that we had to play.

09-26-2016, 12:44 PM

The Spice Girls peaked around 1996.

plastroncafe
09-26-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Hanson, my cousin used to drive me insane with their music back in the day and I often questioned her life choices because of it.

Hanson was surprisingly good live, I was impressed.
I caught them when opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers way back in the day.

09-27-2016, 02:56 PM
Melanie Chisholm's solo-numbers are better than the Spice Girls