PDA

View Full Version : April Could've Been Black

Powder
07-02-2016, 01:03 AM
From Ciro's Instagram:

"my earliest #nicktmnt animation development notebook when April was still a black girl and Mikey's cat was named Fellini. Sept2009! I'll share more pages from this book eventually. I would love to draw a one shot comic story someday with all my pure unused TMNT ideas"

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13534044_1718101385123469_863892185_n.jpg

Utrommaniac
07-02-2016, 01:16 AM
They have later designs of it too. In the step before the final design, she was straight-up blonde.

"Family = All doin' sh*t" :lol:

Papenbrook
07-02-2016, 01:29 AM
From Ciro's Instagram:

"my earliest #nicktmnt animation development notebook when April was still a black girl and Mikey's cat was named Fellini. Sept2009! I'll share more pages from this book eventually. I would love to draw a one shot comic story someday with all my pure unused TMNT ideas"

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13534044_1718101385123469_863892185_n.jpg

Ciro should have used that idea. It would have been a groundbreaking step in kid's animation. ( There are very few cartoons that have main characters who happen to be black women/girls.) In addition, it would have added to the show's diversity.

Shame it was never used.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Black April has a 'fro and the big round earings. Talk about stereotypes.

neatoman
07-02-2016, 01:52 AM
Why would the cat be named Pellini and not Klunk?

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 02:36 AM
April is longitude and latitude, but not the circumference.
April is the elastic that holds up our socks.
April is both 12 and 8 slices of a large pizza.

Utrommaniac
07-02-2016, 02:38 AM
April is both 12 and 8 slices of a large pizza.

Oh god, that was so obscure I could have missed the reference XD .

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 02:42 AM
Oh god, that was so obscure I could have missed the reference XD .

Thank you, ;)

Candy Kappa
07-02-2016, 02:58 AM
Looks like Misty Knight.

I'd love to read a Ciro original comic using the early ideas.

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 03:11 AM
Could also make Shaq the father

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6ynPgHHI7oo/hqdefault.jpg

neatoman
07-02-2016, 03:14 AM
Could also make Shaq the father

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6ynPgHHI7oo/hqdefault.jpg

Wouldn't Kirby's lines come across as really weird if they were delivered in Shaq's monotone voice?

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 03:21 AM
Wouldn't Kirby's lines come across as really weird if they were delivered in Shaq's monotone voice?

Shaq's a brilliant actor; he can just about pronounce all the letters in the alphabet, and he seems to knows what year it is every three out of the four times you ask.

He's perfect.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 08:31 AM
I can't wait for more of these notes, not just because I'm interested in a version of April that's more than just a plot device, but also because they hint at a Mike that isn't mentally 5.

snake
07-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Neat. I still like what we got.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 10:03 AM
I can't wait for more of these notes, not just because I'm interested in a version of April that's more than just a plot device, but also because they hint at a Mike that isn't mentally 5.

I don't think making her black would have changed her from being a plot device. She still woulda been a half Kraang with telekinesis and ninja skills that just so happens to be the key ingredient in the kraangs whole plan. And don and Casey would still be fighting over her.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 10:26 AM
I don't think making her black would have changed her from being a plot device. She still woulda been a half Kraang with telekinesis and ninja skills that just so happens to be the key ingredient in the kraangs whole plan. And don and Casey would still be fighting over her.

Yeah, black April wouldn't be that much different than Nick's April now, other than her father also being black.

Her dialogue would probably be slightly different like saying, "I'm hollering that the Foot bots are coming this way" and after winning fights she'd say, "You ain't got no thang!" and she'd probably call Casey, "Dawg" instead of friend.

Hey, if they have Nick's Bebop saying stuff like, "Son, homie, yo, etc" I would expect the same here. Fred Wolf Bebop never said that stuff.

TurtleTitan97
07-02-2016, 10:29 AM
You're an idiot.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Have you listened to Nick Bebop's dialogue? He's constantly saying things like, "Oh snap" "Homie," "Son" etc.

I just watched one of his episodes the other day and he says all of this in the ep.

TurtleTitan97
07-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Oh sure, because all black people talk exactly like Nick Bebop, right? :roll:

Again, you're an idiot.

snake
07-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Oh right, because all black people talk exactly like Nick Bebop, right? :roll:

Again, you're an idiot.

Well if Black Nerd and black twitter are anything to go by

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Oh right, because all black people talk exactly like Nick Bebop, right? :roll:

Again, you're an idiot.

My point was why would Ciro have him talk that way in the first place? Fred Wolf Bebop never spoke like that. Ciro made Bebop and Rocksteady into stereotypes, with Bebop being black and Rocksteady being the commie Russian.

Same reason Rocksteady says, "Da!" and "Its good, yes?" and other typical Russian language stereotypes.

So if April was black I'd expect something similar.

TurtleTitan97
07-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Last I checked, Xever was black, and he didn't talk like that at all. So what's your point?

You're just making up excuses just because you don't want a black April.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Last I checked, Xever was black, and he didn't talk like that at all. So what's your point?

You're just making up excuse just because you don't want a black April.

Xever is Brazilian and he's used slang, yes.

Storm Eagle
07-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Xever is Brazilian and he's used slang, yes.

What slang did he use?

Huzzah
07-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Black April has a 'fro and the big round earings. Talk about stereotypes.

You bring up the fro as being a stereotype in several comments, the fact is, the fro is often the natural state of many black women's hair, it's not a stereotype, it's a common occurrence when many black women choose to go natural. Weave, sew ins, or perm would fall more under a stereotype. Natural hair, however is not as common.

Round or hoop earrings are still common types of jewelry, worn by all races not just black women.

Also, you said in another discussion that people weren't ready or wouldn't be accepting of a black April, when I think it's you personally who is not accepting to the idea. Frankly I've been a proponent of the idea for years and think it would have no real bearing on the character as a who,e, since their is no one defined April, you're not doing any previous character version a disservice.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 11:53 AM

I like to think that this show has gone the way it has due to network interference, and that if given total creative control, Ciro would have done better by April.

Of course, having talked to the man and heard his opinions regarding character design and development, you're probably 100& correct, but....let a lady dream.

Ninturtle
07-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Having a black April would've been a pointless change that would only make her less physically recognizable as April, I'm glad this change didn't happen.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Mikey speaks more black than Nick Bebop.... just sayin'.

As for Bebop and Rocksteady, they are completely different characters from any other version. They're no longer street punks. One's a Micheal Jackson dancin' master thief and the other is a weapon collecting Russian criminal.

victory_angel
07-02-2016, 02:05 PM
You bring up the fro as being a stereotype in several comments, the fact is, the fro is often the natural state of many black women's hair, it's not a stereotype, it's a common occurrence when many black women choose to go natural. Weave, sew ins, or perm would fall more under a stereotype. Natural hair, however is not as common.

Round or hoop earrings are still common types of jewelry, worn by all races not just black women.

Also, you said in another discussion that people weren't ready or wouldn't be accepting of a black April, when I think it's you personally who is not accepting to the idea. Frankly I've been a proponent of the idea for years and think it would have no real bearing on the character as a who,e, since their is no one defined April, you're not doing any previous character version a disservice.

Highly agree. Besides April in the Mirage comics looks like she could be any number of nationalities aside from caucasian.

http://media.tumblr.com/ac9ad3945c63e49130bd712e2b8700a1/tumblr_inline_mwhyunVPxf1qmks9t.jpg

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
07-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Just depends on the writing and acting/voice-acting. Other than that, it wouldn't matter to me whether April was black or not.

Hell...if they did a TMNT movie in the 80s, I would have been fine to have Whoopi Goldberg ala Jumpin' Jack Flash as April.

I could picture this scene as if it April talking to the Chief (ala Chief Sterns) after being attacked (perhaps by the Foot).

jKC6UsetwN4

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Making April Black means she's often in trouble/needs saving/trying to solve a problem.

These are all things that scream white. I've never met a real sista that needs "help", or tells you she in trouble, and 9 times outta ten she's solved any mystery long before anybody else.

April has white people problems.

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 02:28 PM
If anything people would accuse the show of being racist if a black April was constantly the damsel in distress and getting beaten up by Karai an Asian woman like in that Season 1 episode.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 02:37 PM
If anything people would accuse the show of being racist if a black April was constantly the damsel in distress and getting beaten up by Karai an Asian woman like in that Season 1 episode.

Karai's not white though, so who cares if a trained ninja whupped a whitebelt's ass?

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Karai's not white though, so who cares if a trained ninja whupped a whitebelt's ass?

You think an Asian girl beating up a black girl is any better? That's just asking for controversy especially in a kids show.

TurtleTitan97
07-02-2016, 02:59 PM
So if a highly trained ninja beats up a character who's black, its considered controversial.

But if said character is white instead, then no one is gonna bat an eye??? Are you really that dense to believe in that statement? :roll:

CyberCubed
07-02-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't think that, but if you've seen the outcry from people on various sites like tumblr, twitter, etc...you'll notice it. People are very sensitive as to how race is portrayed especially in animation for kids. There's always outcry from people on the internet over stuff like this that happens even in Disney animated films and so forth.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 03:18 PM
People don't have to go off-site to find these sorts of arguments, not when you're making them right here.

Casey
07-02-2016, 03:24 PM

Insert clapping hands emoji.

The Happy One
07-02-2016, 03:56 PM

Sorry, nope, nope. That's just digging way too deep for excuses man. If wriiten right and casted right then it could work. And it isn't even a matter of 'who's ready, who's not'. April was African American in the comics and there's thousands of African American kids (and adults) who I am sure would be thrilled about it- as well as other tmnt fans. If they can go and make April part Kraang and make Hun Asain, then they can make April black. Just sayin'.

GoldMutant
07-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Cubed whining about things not supposed to change again? What else is new?

As for April being black, I think it's a good idea to expand beyond the norm. Personally, I feel it just comes down to how the character looks and if it fits that particular incarnation, not forced for the heck of it. Based on Ciro's drawing though, looks like it would have been a nice addition; maybe someone can attempt it down the line or the show does an alternate reality with it.

Huzzah
07-02-2016, 04:21 PM
To me, race change is not that big of a deal in many cases. For example in the newer Fantastic Four film (which sucked fr many reasons not dealing with race),I had no issue with Johnny Storm being black, I did however have issue with the fact that they kept Sue Storm white, having to shove the adopted angle in there. Obviously Fox was okay with changing one thing, but having a smart black woman in a supposed relationship with a white man was a no go. The Storms, April, Perry White, these characters weren't defined by their race, unlike say Danny Rand as Iron Fist, his race is key to his character. In many situations changing race of a character really has no impact on the story, April is a key example.

Ninturtle
07-02-2016, 04:45 PM
To me, race change is not that big of a deal in many cases. For example in the newer Fantastic Four film (which sucked fr many reasons not dealing with race),I had no issue with Johnny Storm being black, I did however have issue with the fact that they kept Sue Storm white, having to shove the adopted angle in there. Obviously Fox was okay with changing one thing, but having a smart black woman in a supposed relationship with a white man was a no go. The Storms, April, Perry White, these characters weren't defined by their race, unlike say Danny Rand as Iron Fist, his race is key to his character. In many situations changing race of a character really has no impact on the story, April is a key example.
It doesn't impact the story but it impacts the characters design making them look less recognizable as the character. If April had been a black character in most medias I wouldn't want her to be white, and if she were made white I feel like people would be a lot less accepting of the idea and would complain about her being white washed.

The Happy One
07-02-2016, 04:55 PM
It doesn't impact the story but it impacts the characters design making them look less recognizable as the character. If April had been a black character in most medias I wouldn't want her to be white, and if she were made white I feel like people would be a lot less accepting of the idea and would complain about her being white washed.

Well, like Gold said, I guess it has to fit the incarnation- at least for me. It needs....to fit right. I can't say if it would or wouldn't in this series for sure. But, in my opinion, with everything else they've altered it would've been a good time as any to change that up too...I don't know.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 04:56 PM
People feel that way because there is a representation imbalance in our media which is not reflective of the population as a whole.

Most characters in fiction are white and male.
Most people in the US are not white and male.

This is why it's a false equivalence to say that changing a white character into a character of color is the same thing as changing a character of color into a white character.

Tumblr explains it better. (http://timemachineyeah.tumblr.com/post/58648290519/this-is-a-jar-full-of-major-characters)

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Tumblr is a blight on society.

White folks need to stop telling black folks what they want. I'm not sure what's more offensive, SJW's or NGO's.

Seriously, go home white girls, unless you really think we're just not capable of fighting for ourselves.

Coola Yagami
07-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Well to be honest I would expect a lot of backlash and complaints if we got a black April, especially if she was heavily stereotyped. I can imagine tons of Cybercube posts about it and locked threads and whatnot.

But by the time we got into season 2 or 3, everyone would have gotten used to it and it would have been a non-issue.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 05:19 PM
There's always going to be a percentage of any group of people who are adverse to change.
Whether or not they should be listened to should depend on how convincing their arguments are.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference, but it's awful shady to try and back that preference up with anything other than:
I just don't like it, that's why.

I don't have any real nostalgia for OT April, and much prefer the brunette Mirage April.
Seeing her change shape, age, and complexion doesn't really phase me. I just want her finally written well.
Which is why I'm for a black April O'Neil.

Shark_Blade
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
I rather April be Chinese tbh.

Utrommaniac
07-02-2016, 05:29 PM
When it comes to black female characters in kids shows, the last one that I can think of that incredibly well-written was Elisa Marza from Gargoyles, who was not only was black, but also half Native American. That is, a black female character that is surrounded by other characters who are white.
The ladies of Avatar really wouldn't count, since there are no white/European people in their world. They even went into her heritage a few times. And in someone's argument that April's race would change her world perception...Elisa was a detective and a cop. If I can't think of any others, then they haven't made on impression on me like Elisa did. Because damn, she was fantastic. I don't think I've seen another black/Native American besides her.

If a biracial WOC adult cop can grow to accept that there are nocturnal flying monsters that awoke in New York after 1,000 years trapped in their stone form, I'm sure a WOC teenage/reporter April can take mutant turtles living in the sewer.

The issue with April being half-Kraang probably wouldn't go over well with the tumblr community if she had been black, though. Worse than it already did.

Though, there is Connie from Steven Universe.

ToTheNines
07-02-2016, 05:50 PM

White folks need to stop telling black folks what they want. I'm not sure what's more offensive, SJW's or NGO's.

Seriously, go home white girls, unless you really think we're just not capable of fighting for ourselves.

Us whites all got together and decided that more representation in childrens fiction would be the greatest of all reparations. You're welcome.

Commenter 42
07-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Us whites all got together and decided that more representation in childrens fiction would be the greatest of all reparations. You're welcome.

just what I wanted for Christmas. I love it when a multinational profits from white guilt.
Sure makes up for everything.

I have nostalgia for Ginger April, and her sexy cover-alls.
I always thought Mirage April was a little too butch.
I think her race isn't the barrier to her being well written, the writers are.
That's why I'm for a white April.

Besides, the brothers are brothers, so it makes me happy to see my man Donnie possibly getting some from a white girl.

Cure
07-02-2016, 08:56 PM

I can agree with this. It's really annoying how they think minorities are so insecure that they need people on the screen to look like them to relate or like it. **** off, I'll watch Friends all I want and not even care that no one looks like me.

Cryomancer
07-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Turtles proved you don't need to look like the characters to relate to them anyway. Nobody looks like a mutant turtle. Everyone relates just fine.

Also, I know it isn't very much different, but I like the look of the turtle in that sketch better than the finals too.

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 11:21 PM
There is no SJW bigger than Ciro

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Race changing is dumb anyway. If they want different races introduce a new character. They can always introduce Angel on the show if they want a spanish or dark skinned character around.

Candy Kappa
07-03-2016, 03:51 AM
I kinda dig the idea of a black April in a yellow jumpsuit, as bright colors and dark skin is really striking visually.

ToTheNines
07-03-2016, 04:14 AM
There is no SJW bigger than Ciro

Not even Papenbrook?

The Happy One
07-03-2016, 05:23 AM
Race changing is dumb anyway. If they want different races introduce a new character. They can always introduce Angel on the show if they want a spanish or dark skinned character around.

That I can agree with. The last part. If there's any better way to introduce diversity it's the simple process of creating new characters. And it's not even about black or white- characters of even other cultural backgrounds should be included. Hey, maybe it's the Tumblr in me speaking, I don't know. The way the show is now is fine, and my rather conflicted feelings for 2012 April has to do with the way she's written. I like her design- not the shorts and leggings. But she falls flat a little.

And, I guess, I'd rather not have a black April in the show if she's not written right, with stereotypes and whatnot.:ohwell:

Commenter 42
07-03-2016, 05:27 AM
I kinda dig the idea of a black April in a yellow jumpsuit, as bright colors and dark skin is really striking visually.

This is true. Damn you and your logic!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

ToTheNines
07-03-2016, 07:20 AM

Angel isn't latina. Stop saying that.

plastroncafe
07-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Not even Papenbrook?

As far as I know they aren't the white person drawing racebent fanart.

Ninturtle
07-03-2016, 08:39 AM
As far as I know they aren't the white person drawing racebent fanart.

How does drawing race bent make you a SJW?

plastroncafe
07-03-2016, 08:57 AM
If I'm understanding this correctly, only a white SJW would change the ethnicity of a previously established white character, rather than make a new one entirely.

But I'm new at this, so I could be wrong.

sdp
07-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Could've been but wasn't. SJW are so annoying, especially when they don't even realize that the minorities they're defending don't want their changes either.

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Could've been but wasn't. SJW are so annoying, especially when they don't even realize that the minorities they're defending don't want their changes either.

Yeah, what I find odd is all these SJW's are white people. And they think as white people they can speak for minorities. Its really bizarre, its like these white people think blacks/spanish/asians/indians, etc. need to have a character in the show be the same as them in order to relate to the character.

I watch shows with black/asian/spanish leads all the time and I can relate to them just perfectly as a white guy.

These white SJW's are almost borderline racists themselves.

neatoman
07-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Yeah, what I find odd is all these SJW's are white people. And they think as white people they can speak for minorities. Its really bizarre, its like these white people think blacks/spanish/asians/indians, etc. need to have a character in the show be the same as them in order to relate to the character.

I watch shows with black/asian/spanish leads all the time and I can relate to them just perfectly as a white guy.

These white SJW's are almost borderline racists themselves.

Yeah, It's pretty dumb. What's worse is when they make claims like "Only white people can be racist, because racism is prejudice plus power. Other ethnic groups can only be racially prejudiced", completely absurd.
https://moonmetropolis.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/sjw-comic.jpg

Xav
07-03-2016, 01:49 PM
April was African American in the comics and there's thousands of African American kids (and adults) who I am sure would be thrilled about it- as well as other tmnt fans.April wasn't black in the comics. She just had darker skin for a couple issues.

The Happy One
07-03-2016, 02:25 PM
April wasn't black in the comics. She just had darker skin for a couple issues.

Really...? Oh, well, gee- I have to go back and do more research. Thanks for letting me know

Commenter 42
07-03-2016, 03:27 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/15/article-2232706-1608AE95000005DC-406_634x424.jpg

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Really...? Oh, well, gee- I have to go back and do more research. Thanks for letting me know

She's literally drawn white in all the Mirage issues except for 2-3 of them which gave her a darker skin look for some reason. And this was back in the 80's so some artists took creative liberties.

srmff
07-03-2016, 03:54 PM
She's literally drawn white in all the Mirage issues except for 2-3 of them which gave her a darker skin look for some reason. And this was back in the 80's so some artists took creative liberties.

Yeah she was definitely white in the first issue that she appeared in. She had the jumpsuit and all that appeared in the 80's cartoon. I think that the creators said that they imagined her as being a blonde, initially anyway. That's probably why Ciro also had a few versions of April with blonde hair.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F_YjkMRFOC8/U9mGVyOgdYI/AAAAAAAANHg/8wvRbj446E8/s1600/02-5.jpg

Prowler
07-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Yeah, It's pretty dumb. What's worse is when they make claims like "Only white people can be racist, because racism is prejudice plus power. Other ethnic groups can only be racially prejudiced", completely absurd.
https://moonmetropolis.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/sjw-comic.jpg
Yeah, the whole white guilt/SJW thing is pretty much nothing more than a modern day version of the White Man's Burden.

Ninturtle
07-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah, the whole white guilt/SJW thing is pretty much nothing more than a modern day version of the White Man's Burden.

I got into a debate about how you can be racist towards white people and how black people aren't super oppressed anymore and someone asked me why I wasn't with them if I wasn't white. It's like they demonize white people because of stuff people who looked like them did decades and centuries ago.

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
White people who try to speak for black people is probably the saddest thing I've ever seen. Its almost like being racist without even realizing it. There's a word to use here, irony, maybe? Reverse discrimination? I don't know. Someone give me a dictionary.

Prowler
07-03-2016, 06:10 PM
I got into a debate about how you can be racist towards white people and how black people aren't super oppressed anymore and someone asked me why I wasn't with them if I wasn't white. It's like they demonize white people because of stuff people who looked like them did decades and centuries ago.
Apparently there's only two teams on Earth. White people vs. everyone else.

No SJWs, a Chinese person does not care about whatever historical issues white and black people have had with each other.

Also, grouping all white and black people together is stupid since Europe and Africa have several different nations and ethnic groups. Not to mention most European countries had nothing to do with colonisation or slavery. Some people have been treated pretty badly throughout history, such as the irish and the poles.

The Happy One
07-03-2016, 06:18 PM

Ah, I see...hmm...can't trust tumblr sometimes. Of course, that's where I found that info. I seldom read the Mirage comics. But thanks for letting me know dudes; I appreciate it

snake
07-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Ah, I see...hmm...can't trust tumblr sometimes. Of course, that's where I found that info. I seldom read the Mirage comics. But thanks for letting me know dudes; I appreciate it

NTT

Never Trust Tumblr

Prowler
07-03-2016, 06:30 PM
For a long time I believed people only used tumblr for porn.

The Happy One
07-03-2016, 06:32 PM

Well....:lol: it's a HUGE part if it. I just like the art and writing...but you always come across something not trustworthy.

NTT

Never Trust Tumblr

Very true...very true

snake
07-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Which is crazy considering all the other great options avalible

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 07:40 PM

I don't even get why people would use tumblr for porn. I mean you can literally see porn anywhere. What makes tumblr so special?

A 5 second google search will bring up any porn video you want.

Prowler
07-03-2016, 08:12 PM
I don't even get why people would use tumblr for porn. I mean you can literally see porn anywhere. What makes tumblr so special?

A 5 second google search will bring up any porn video you want.
I guess people just want to find fapping material everywhere they go.

Also, why does every thread you make spur a couple of new tags? :lol:

Xav
07-03-2016, 08:45 PM
A 5 second google search will bring up any porn video you want.Not any video.

CyberCubed
07-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Not any video.

You would be surprised.

snake
07-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Not any video.

Yeah, Cybercubed's "A Day Inside May" fanfic is extremely hard to find in a 5 second google search.

Gunstar_Red
07-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Ignoring the majority of messages here and coming back on topic, Sophie Campbell made April black in her fan comic. Her comic interpretation is a drastic departure from most fan works which I think is interesting.

I wouldn't be adverse having a black April if written and designed well.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 12:06 AM
I want to read A day inside May. Links anyone?

victory_angel
07-04-2016, 01:32 AM
This is an art work a person named Darth Empress on Deviant Art did of an Alternate Universe version of April. And I admit I wouldn't mind seeing this. In her AU version she made April a district attorney.

http://pre11.deviantart.net/5811/th/pre/i/2014/301/c/5/tmnt_au__april_o_neil_2_by_darthempress-d84h9e0.png

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 01:53 AM
Fan art is fan art. That's the great thing about fan art, you can do anything you want.

But that's just a black woman wearing a yellow shirt. That's all it is. Call it what you want, it's just a black woman drawn in the 2k3 style.

Why try and force a race change, when you could simply support racially diverse stories, with original characters? Why must it be an established white character? Why?

'cause the white folks who have the time to think about this, have the time to think about this.

And seriously, green eyes? Light skin?

Wow.

srmff
07-04-2016, 05:13 AM
Fan art is fan art. That's the great thing about fan art, you can do anything you want.

But that's just a black woman wearing a yellow shirt. That's all it is. Call it what you want, it's just a black woman drawn in the 2k3 style.

Why try and force a race change, when you could simply support racially diverse stories, with original characters? Why must it be an established white character? Why?

'cause the white folks who have the time to think about this, have the time to think about this.

Wow.

I agree with this. It's fine having a show be more diverse but there's no need to change a previously established character's race or classic appearance for the sake of it. The same goes for gender. I don't like when male characters are suddenly made female. It's much easier to just create new characters with different races or genders as it avoids controversy.

A lot of people wouldn't even be happy with changing April's hair colour from red even if she was originally supposed to be blonde. The defining feature of April's appearance has now become her red hair. A change would be unnecessary. After Megan Fox was announced there were lists made of the many red-headed actresses that could have played April.

plastroncafe
07-04-2016, 08:28 AM
I did a poll not too long ago, and a majority of people didn't believe April was a red-head at all, but a brunette. And no one raised a fuss when her hair was changed to red in basically any other incarnation.

So http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/59/59a9ca60f7730c39cdd79583090bf857e6643a3cf19a01fa25 a6e191b163986b.jpg

As for shifting genders of characters, the Battlestar reboot was amazing, so that argument is also invalid.
But don't worry, the original actor for Starbuck agrees with you, so at least you have that?

ToTheNines
07-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Everyone liked female Null though.

oldmanwinters
07-04-2016, 09:01 AM

Wow.

I agree it's good but very 4Kids stock art. There's nothing special about personality or character here other than... "wouldn't it be cool if... race change!"

While on the subject of fan art, here's my favorite fan April redesigns, either because I think the art style would make for a fun cartoon or because something about the design suggests a character quality that isn't easy to convey in static imagery:

Three Artists, three different imaginations:
http://fooray.deviantart.com/art/APRIL-in-April-451250215

A very contemporary toon update of the Fred Wolf style:
http://krissmithdw.deviantart.com/art/AP-April-O-Neil-162885266

Soposoposopo manages to accomplish the remarkable feat of making a cartoon character "feel like" a real person:
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-293340732?q=favby%3Aoldmanwinters%2F47734861&qo=410
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/Cold-Days-Hot-Stories-pt-II-346034737
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/April-I-581073705

Campbell's piece just oozes with personality and backstory details:
http://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art/all-sides-380680663

This Hoganvibe concept seems like it would make for a great action figure basis. I was so inspired I did my own fan art piece in this style:
http://hoganvibe.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-Concept-360504943

Hugo creates the perfect Toon April action figure:
http://hugohugo.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-Classic-April-O-Neil-Figure-344463198
Plus, I think his style would be perfect for a new comic book inspired by the look of the Fred Wolf toon:
http://hugohugo.deviantart.com/art/April-on-Channel-6-News-243895499

If April appeared in Ren & Stimpy?
http://ivannikulin.deviantart.com/art/April-TMNT-425344642

StevenSanchez's style would be well suited for a colorful video game:
http://stevensanchez.deviantart.com/art/Almost-Done-426829623
http://alonsoespinoza.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-Attack-416399878

Reminds me a bit of the style of Archie Comics or something:
http://holyengine.deviantart.com/art/Weekly-doodles-AprilOneil-509253926

WonderDookie Dan offers my favorite fan imagining of the character:
http://wonderdookie.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-155932208

snake
07-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I want to read A day inside May. Links anyone?

http://pastebin.com/HPqCFinR

Bruh

plastroncafe
07-04-2016, 10:21 AM
I agree it's good but very 4Kids stock art. There's nothing special about personality or character here other than... "wouldn't it be cool if... race change!"

While on the subject of fan art, here's my favorite fan April redesigns, either because I think the art style would make for a fun cartoon or because something about the design suggests a character quality that isn't easy to convey in static imagery:

Three Artists, three different imaginations:
http://fooray.deviantart.com/art/APRIL-in-April-451250215

A very contemporary toon update of the Fred Wolf style:
http://krissmithdw.deviantart.com/art/AP-April-O-Neil-162885266

Soposoposopo manages to accomplish the remarkable feat of making a cartoon character "feel like" a real person:
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-293340732?q=favby%3Aoldmanwinters%2F47734861&qo=410
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/Cold-Days-Hot-Stories-pt-II-346034737
http://soposoposopo.deviantart.com/art/April-I-581073705

Campbell's piece just oozes with personality and backstory details:
http://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art/all-sides-380680663

This Hoganvibe concept seems like it would make for a great action figure basis. I was so inspired I did my own fan art piece in this style:
http://hoganvibe.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-Concept-360504943

Hugo creates the perfect Toon April action figure:
http://hugohugo.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-Classic-April-O-Neil-Figure-344463198
Plus, I think his style would be perfect for a new comic book inspired by the look of the Fred Wolf toon:
http://hugohugo.deviantart.com/art/April-on-Channel-6-News-243895499

If April appeared in Ren & Stimpy?
http://ivannikulin.deviantart.com/art/April-TMNT-425344642

StevenSanchez's style would be well suited for a colorful video game:
http://stevensanchez.deviantart.com/art/Almost-Done-426829623
http://alonsoespinoza.deviantart.com/art/TMNT-Attack-416399878

Reminds me a bit of the style of Archie Comics or something:
http://holyengine.deviantart.com/art/Weekly-doodles-AprilOneil-509253926

WonderDookie Dan offers my favorite fan imagining of the character:
http://wonderdookie.deviantart.com/art/April-O-Neil-155932208

There's a lot of spank-bait in there.
I'm kind of wondering if the backlash against a Black April could be from people afraid to lose their safe spank space....

snake
07-04-2016, 10:48 AM
There's a lot of spank-bait in there.
I'm kind of wondering if the backlash against a Black April could be from people afraid to lose their safe spank space....

If you're at the stage of fapping to a fictional character you're slowly spiraling down, so probably not.

plastroncafe
07-04-2016, 10:50 AM
If you're at the stage of fapping to a fictional character you're slowly spiraling down, so probably not.

Then I weep for palms of the most prolific creators on deviantat with work tagged April O'Neil.

snake
07-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Then I weep for palms of the most prolific creators on deviantat with work tagged April O'Neil.

I don't think artists get off to their work. Just sayin'

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 10:58 AM

When you really think about it though... nothing about 2K3 April screams April either. Sure, we're used to her appearance by now, several years later and watching her in the show for several seasons being the April of that particular version.... but nothing of her original design really said she was April. She could have been in any other show and been called any other name. I mean back in 2003 show me her pic before the show hit the air and ask me who's that and I honesty would not know. I wouldn't say 'oh, that must be the new April O'Neil from that upcoming TMNT cartoon'.

At least Nick April kinda sorta looks like a de-aged April O'Neil.

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 11:45 AM
When you really think about it though... nothing about 2K3 April screams April either. Sure, we're used to her appearance by now, several years later and watching her in the show for several seasons being the April of that particular version.... but nothing of her original design really said she was April. She could have been in any other show and been called any other name. I mean back in 2003 show me her pic before the show hit the air and ask me who's that and I honesty would not know. I wouldn't say 'oh, that must be the new April O'Neil from that upcoming TMNT cartoon'.

2k3 April is basically the one that made red-head April canon, and paved the way for all future incarnations.

After that the 4th movie April, IDW April, Nick April, and Platinum Dunes April all had red hair.

DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
07-04-2016, 12:11 PM
In the comments of Ciro's post he says that Kevin Eastman told him a story that April was based off of a black girl that Kevin dated in high school. I like the April we got but this would of been cool as well.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 12:15 PM

I agree 100%, but I'm not a 2k3 fan, and didn't feel like stirring that pot.

Man, all the side eyes and angsty retorts makes it seem like some folks here just hate white folks, in a self loathing sort of way.
On top of that being extra catty over DA fan art. Impressive!
Somebody's got some serious insecurities when fanboy doodles are threatening.
I mean, the drawings aren't even sexy!

@snake

Oh, it's that kind of...no thanks. :lol:
That's ****ed up.

Ninturtle
07-04-2016, 12:41 PM
I agree 100%, but I'm not a 2k3 fan, and didn't feel like stirring that pot.

Man, all the side eyes and angsty retorts makes it seem like some folks here just hate white folks, in a self loathing sort of way.
On top of that being extra catty over DA fan art. Impressive!
Somebody's got some serious insecurities when fanboy doodles are threatening.
I mean, the drawings aren't even sexy!

@snake

Oh, it's that kind of...no thanks. :lol:
That's ****ed up.

You are correct, it is indeed f*cked up
http://i67.tinypic.com/dfapvs.png

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 01:49 PM
You are correct, it is indeed f*cked up
http://i67.tinypic.com/dfapvs.png

...... Cybercubed wrote this???

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
...... Cybercubed wrote this???

Given his post history, should we really be surprised?

ToTheNines
07-04-2016, 03:00 PM
I like how May is 10 years old.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 03:05 PM
A better question would be, how the hell did you guys run into a fanfic like that?! :lol:

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 03:19 PM
I like how May is 10 years old.

Well the cartoon has her at age 10. Though with the boobs I wouldn't be surprised if she was 15 or 16 in Japan and 10 in the US.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 03:23 PM
I've always wondered what Cubed's obsession with Pokémon was all about. I guess this explains a lot...

Ninturtle
07-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Well the cartoon has her at age 10. Though with the boobs I wouldn't be surprised if she was 15 or 16 in Japan and 10 in the US.

Cubed thought the same
http://i63.tinypic.com/a41jqo.png

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 03:34 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/825/103/4ce.jpg

neatoman
07-04-2016, 03:54 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/825/103/4ce.jpg

Wasn't it your comments that sparked this in the first place?

ToTheNines
07-04-2016, 04:04 PM
#adayinsidemay is trending on twitter.

NinjaPug
07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Whoever wrote that should be on some watch list. Jesus.

Ninturtle
07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Whoever wrote that should be on some watch list. Jesus.

It was Cubed

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
07-04-2016, 05:01 PM

Really?

So this doesn't scream April...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NjrGtnj6JAM/hqdefault.jpg

And yet this did?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt2012series/images/8/80/April2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131110022421

I honestly don't understand that. Granted, I'm a big fan of the 2003 cartoon and still consider that the best of the 3 cartoons. But even taking that out of the equation, I still don't get that. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Really?

And yet this did?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt2012series/images/8/80/April2.png/revision/latest?cb=20131110022421

I honestly don't understand that. Granted, I'm a big fan of the 2003 cartoon and still consider that the best of the 3 cartoons. But even taking that out of the equation, I still don't get that. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

2k3 April was no bueno. The ****ing color palette. Seriously, WTF.

Makes my eyes bleed. Way too pale, too goth. Neon everywhere. Yucky no-no.

I don't know if I'll ever talk to cubed again.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 05:10 PM
^^really, this needs to be deleted.

Way over the line folks.

The Happy One
07-04-2016, 05:16 PM
How did this all this happen? You're gone for a few hours and....wow. What is this, Pokémon fanfiction??

Anyway, I felt 2003 April had more personality than 2012 did- or does now anyway. I liked her nerdiness, her stubbornness. While the clothes could've been different, 2012 April’s fashion sense isn't that great either. I look more into the character and 2003 wins this round.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 05:25 PM
How did this all this happen? You're gone for a few hours and....wow. What is this, Pokémon fanfiction??

Anyway, I felt 2003 April had more personality than 2012 did- or does now anyway. I liked her nerdiness, her stubbornness. While the clothes could've been different, 2012 April’s fashion sense isn't that great either. I look more into the character and 2003 wins this round.

April in a her cover-alls is best, really. It's classic, like Superman's trunks.

Some things you just don't "fix".

I hate 2012's fashion too though, not a fan of her design at ll, she looks too...pan faced? Alien? Definitely not cute.

snake
07-04-2016, 05:31 PM
^^really, this needs to be deleted.

Way over the line folks.

What was it? It's been deleted

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 05:36 PM
I've blocked the whole thing from my mind. An excerpt of no-no-no.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 05:39 PM

Excerpts from CyberCubed's "A Day Inside May" fanfic. Ugh, the horror. THE HORROR!!! :teek:

ToTheNines
07-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Cubed thought the same
http://i63.tinypic.com/a41jqo.png

Lol, you can feel his shame as you read the description.

May took a Diglet in her Ash-hole....

I'm calling officer Jenny.

Aaronardo
07-04-2016, 06:20 PM
You lose your internet for two days and look what ya miss. This is either the best thing I've ever seen or the most shameful. Either way, "Hey, you want A Day Inside May?" is my new pickup line.

ToTheNines
07-04-2016, 06:22 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/271/956/98c.jpg

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Really?

And yet this did?

Well 2k3 April's default outfit isn't the one you showed.

At least Nick April has the same hair color and wears yellow as her default outfit. It makes her a bit more recognizable than whoever that random woman in purple was supposed to be.

snake
07-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Whoever adds the "Cybercubed the...." tags is my favorite member

sdp
07-04-2016, 08:26 PM
If I posted some of CC's more embarrassing past that I've stumbled across since we've basically been posting on the same message boards for over ten years since we like the same stuff was to get him to stop acting like a troll sometimes, not for you idiots to derail every thread more than CC does with something that is over ten years old.

A better question would be, how the hell did you guys run into a fanfic like that?! :lol:

BabyTurtles
07-04-2016, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a black April...but I wouldn't design her like that...I don't feel like that design got alot of thought put into it....

Powder
07-04-2016, 08:52 PM
All his biggest inspirations/aesthetics are late 70's/early 80's, I imagine that's where it came from.

sdp
07-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm surprised by how "ok" I am with black April. That fan art still felt like April to me. I'm not a big fan of race swapping characters either. I mean to me the early issues April could've easily been black but she wasn't made Black so to me that was the end of it. I always saw April as blonde but I was ok with redhead April since the brownish/dirty blonde she had in the OT can easily be seen as reddish. Still I hope all future April's are red heads which is basically not very well represented in media either.

BabyTurtles
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
All his biggest inspirations/aesthetics are late 70's/early 80's, I imagine that's where it came from.

I wish they would try some newer looks....:ohwell:

(not that it matters now XD)

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm surprised by how "ok" I am with black April. That fan art still felt like April to me. I'm not a big fan of race swapping characters either. I mean to me the early issues April could've easily been black but she wasn't made Black so to me that was the end of it. I always saw April as blonde but I was ok with redhead April since the brownish/dirty blonde she had in the OT can easily be seen as reddish. Still I hope all future April's are red heads which is basically not very well represented in media either.

For once, we agree.

We could have more beautiful sistas 'course; but, make them their own people. If you want to bench April for a bit and have a new woman be front and center, that's even better.

Somebody like Angela Bassett, alpha female, looking like she did in Stella.

MMM. yep.

Also, don't age her down to a teen. **** is overplayed.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/4195dbc57ba9e12d9da18e62f6423a06/tumblr_naf5th7qJY1rertyro2_500.gif

snake
07-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Christina Hendricks should've played April in the new movies. Y'know, cause she has red hair. And large.......acting credits.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Christina Hendricks should've played April in the new movies. Y'know, cause she has red hair. And large.......acting credits.
No idea if she's a godo actress or not, but she couldn't have done worse than Megan Fox.

I'm surprised they didn't go for Scarlett Johansson. Dye her hair red like in that Marvel movie she was in recently and all's set.

snake
07-04-2016, 09:46 PM
No idea if she's a godo actress or not, but she couldn't have done worse than Megan Fox.

I'm surprised they didn't go for Scarlett Johansson. Dye her hair red like in that Marvel movie she was in recently and all's set.

She's actually a really good actress. She was in Drive if you saw that.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 09:49 PM
She's actually a really good actress. She was in Drive if you saw that.

No, I have not seen that. Probably one of the several films on my backlog to watch.

snake
07-04-2016, 09:50 PM
No, I have not seen that. Probably one of the several films on my backlog to watch.

Give it a watch. It's a modern classic.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Well she certainly has OT April's.....assets. :lol:

http://www.speakerscorner.me/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/christina45.jpg

Yeah, I can see it working out.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Hendricks was the obvious choice...

or maybe Karen Gillan...

or Bella Thorne

or Holland Roden

or Alicia Witt

or...

well, we really could play this game all day :lol:

Prowler
07-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Scarlett Johansson's assets seem more similar to FW April's. Christina Hendricks is a bit too voluptuous to be a realistic live action depiction of FW April, imo.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 09:55 PM

Move that one to the front of the line.

Amazing soundtrack.

Scarlett Johansson's assets seem more similar to FW April's. Christina Hendricks is a bit too voluptuous to be a realistic live action depiction of FW April, imo.

Johansson is too overblown, and a pretty shite actress, iwbh.

snake
07-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I just don't like Scarjo as an actor that much. Bella Thorne is a good choice though.

snake
07-04-2016, 09:57 PM

Amazing soundtrack.

IM GIVIN' YOU A NIGHTCALL

Isla Fisher looks a bit like April and she was the least annoying part of that horrid Now You See Me movie

Prowler
07-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Amazing soundtrack.

She hasn't really impressed me for her acting skills in any movie that I've seen of hers either. Then again, April O'Neil does not need to be played by a world class actress, imo.

Don't think I've ever seen films starring the other ones you've mentioned in your previous post, so can't comment on them.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Them's fightin' words, son!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3930550_o.gif

snake
07-04-2016, 10:00 PM
http://cdn.quotationof.com/images/mary-elizabeth-winstead-5.jpg

If you wanna deviate from redhead April, MEW could play her. Probably the best actress that any of us listed.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 10:02 PM
She'd make a good April in a 2k3 TMNT live action adaptation. At least that's the vibe she gives me from that photo you've posted of hers. She also has that "girl next door" look which fits April better than a sex symbol like ScarJo or Christina Hendricks.

snake
07-04-2016, 10:06 PM
This is a pretty comfy thread, suggesting april actresses. The drome needs more of this stuff.

Inb4 Cubed suggests Melissa Benoist as April

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Nailed it with MEW, for the OT vibe...but I kinda like April to be a little taller...

The question is, why are we so much better at this?

snake
07-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Nailed it with MEW, for the OT vibe...but I kinda like April to be a little taller...

The question is, why are we so much better at this?

That's a really f*cking good question.

Who on earth thought Megan Fox would be a good choice for April? How are they not aware of the backlash against her?

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 10:20 PM
I liked this model for her look - I darkened her eyes - a bit too much, but you get the idea.

http://i.imgur.com/m73n3jh.jpg

I thought she'd at least try and get into the role, not just Megan Fox it the entire time.

OT April has a little Japanese in her face maybe? Spanish? Audrey Hepburn?

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:21 PM
That's a really f*cking good question.

Who on earth thought Megan Fox would be a good choice for April? How are they not aware of the backlash against her?

Because Michael Bay.

He's like the equivalent of the Speedforce response whenever you try to explain the crazy pseudo science of Flash.

snake
07-04-2016, 10:21 PM
I liked this model for her look - I darkened her eyes - a bit too much, but you get the idea.

http://i.imgur.com/m73n3jh.jpg

Ehhhhhh I'd take it.

But now that I thought of MEW she's really my favorite choice.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 10:26 PM
http://www2.pictures.stylebistro.com/gi/Alyssa%20Campanella%20Dresses%20Skirts%20Cocktail% 20a5Ufgdt6K0Yl.jpg

http://coolizumi.way-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2012/02/26/maryewinstead.jpg

snake
07-04-2016, 10:28 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310672139462.jpg

I like it!

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:28 PM
http://www2.pictures.stylebistro.com/gi/Alyssa%20Campanella%20Dresses%20Skirts%20Cocktail% 20a5Ufgdt6K0Yl.jpg

http://coolizumi.way-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2012/02/26/maryewinstead.jpg

Me gusta. :tcool:

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Who else thinks she would make a good April, just dye her hair reddish?

http://cdnph.upi.com/topic/ph/22003/upi/d69e675645822fe8c558c029c49c46ee/Melissa_Benoist_1.jpg

Yeeeeeees.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 10:32 PM
it's really very easy. :lol:

Now that I know why Cubed is into Benoist...

ew.

Amazing how rarely her face is on model (https://www.google.ca/search?q=april+o%27neil+face&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGtryvv9vNAhUi9YMKHQvUBb8Q_AUICCgB&biw=1534&bih=1070#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACXUPI7QLtdHLIjjNHouns50npVP0v1HQHYdLWPv AEj6TYUT0OQF6i3CU078jAaFBsEIbNelNX4A5aP570FaiPbv93 SoSCc0ei6eznSelEY8KKUMGIcsnKhIJU_1S_1UdAdh0sRE6OdR CLRD_1AqEglY-8ASPpNhRBENKgAjTcjoqioSCfQ5AXqLcJTTETIv9F5ldcnLKhI JvyMBoUGwQhsR-AwX4xGgI2EqEgk16U1fgDlo_1hEXFn9fJUbe5yoSCXvQVqI9u_ 13dEQdLc-h9X305&q=april%20o%27neil%20face&imgrc=C6cFNsT3NGH_BM%3A) in the OT.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Snake called it!

This is a pretty comfy thread, suggesting april actresses. The drome needs more of this stuff.

Inb4 Cubed suggests Melissa Benoist as April

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:34 PM
No, but seriously, wouldn't she be the perfect April?

http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Melissa-Benoist-300x420.jpg

snake
07-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Who else thinks she would make a good April, just dye her hair reddish?

http://cdnph.upi.com/topic/ph/22003/upi/d69e675645822fe8c558c029c49c46ee/Melissa_Benoist_1.jpg

Yeeeeeees.

Jesus christ she looks BEAT in that picture. She's so qt in nearly every other pic. Why do you have to pick the worst looking picture possible?

snake
07-04-2016, 10:35 PM
No, but seriously, wouldn't she be the perfect April?

http://www.gotceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Melissa-Benoist-300x420.jpg

No. MEW is the perfect April.

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Jesus christ she looks BEAT in that picture. She's so qt in nearly every other pic. Why do you have to pick the worst looking picture possible?

Every other Melissa Benoist picture is too big for the forums, I try to find smaller or cropped pics that don't take up too much space on a forum browser.

God I am going through Supergirl withdrawls. When does Season 2 start, again?

snake
07-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Every other Melissa Benoist picture is too big for the forums, I try to find smaller or cropped pics that don't take up too much space on a forum browser.

God I am going through Supergirl withdrawls. When does Season 2 start, again?

Just spoiler it man. Look

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Melissa_Benoist_LA_Film_Festival_(cropped).jpg

If you got a clear picture you'd see she looks NOTHING like April.

Coola Yagami
07-04-2016, 10:39 PM
I wish they would try some newer looks....:ohwell:

(not that it matters now XD)

April, Irma, Karai... who's the black girl in your sig?

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:39 PM
She looked cute with dark hair:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/b3/d5/1db3d59dd3e769186f95b5731cf11612.jpg

snake
07-04-2016, 10:41 PM
She looked cute with dark hair:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1d/b3/d5/1db3d59dd3e769186f95b5731cf11612.jpg

Every pic she looks constipated

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:42 PM
It's because she knows that somewhere, out there, Cubed is watching her every action.

The eyes of Cubed are upon you, Melissa!!! BEWARE!!!!

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Seriously just put her in a yellow shirt and she can be April:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xAsSk3fmHDk/VaZALhQcrBI/AAAAAAAALQk/ctfyG0Qjmjg/s1600/supergirl-cast-photos-featured.jpg

snake
07-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Nope. Can't see it.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Seriously doc, you need a girlfriend. Or at least have a one-night stand or something.

Obsession is not healthy.

CyberCubed
07-04-2016, 10:49 PM
http://images.christianpost.com/full/86056/supergirl.jpg?w=262

She always seems to have googly eyes.

Prowler
07-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Seriously doc, you need a girlfriend. Or at least have a one-night stand or something.

Dunno about gf, but he can easily land a woman if he goes on Tinder or some place like that, I'm sure.

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Dunno about gf, but he can easily land a woman if he goes on Tinder or some place like that, I'm sure.

Yeah, that probably would be the more realistic option.

snake
07-04-2016, 10:54 PM

Cubed rakes in pussy nightly

Oh my god. Maybe Cubed IS Melissa Benoist! She's so starved for a role as April that she'll shove herself into any conversation possible. The only person that thinks she'd be a good April is HERSELF!

Prowler
07-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Cubed rakes in pussy nightly

Oh my god. Maybe Cubed IS Melissa Benoist! She's so starved for a role as April that she'll shove herself into any conversation possible. The only person that thinks she'd be a good April is HERSELF!
If that''s the case then give that woman an Oscar, because I've never seen a woman pretending to be a man online for so many years and pulling off so successfully. :lol:

TurtleTitan97
07-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Cubed has tons of girlfriends.

Whoa. :o My mind, she is blown!

Prowler
07-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Anyway, in all seriousness, I doubt CyberCubed is a virgin. Remember that a lot of his posts have some gimmick trolling in them.

snake
07-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Anyway, in all seriousness, I doubt CyberCubed is a virgin. Remember that a lot of his posts have some gimmick trolling in them.

Yeah he seems like a decent enough guy. I'd give him a shot to hang out with irl.

Commenter 42
07-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Cubed is more than one man. He is legion.
Cubed might also be Joe Biden.
http://s16.postimg.org/afyeiz9fp/ba_1_png_w_873_h_690.png

NO to Benmoist or whatever... She's a crap Supergirl too...not cute...definitely not Kryptonian.

*Ahem
Choices are Alena Shishkova
http://cs317130.vk.me/v317130806/3480/mjSeAuWeB10.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gy0Aj0D.jpg?1

OR

Jean Watts
http://67.media.tumblr.com/52fb05391b58019c3fc804c422a5d247/tumblr_noi58hInEf1u831ao_og_1280.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AdvIbEG.png
http://imgur.com/zgKClo4.png

back in 1965...
https://georgesjournal.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/catherine_deneuve_1965.jpg

Catherine Deneuve would have been a cute April.

okay, I'm drunk. 'night.

CyberCubed
07-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Well this thread has clearly gone to hell, so there's no point saving it now.

All I have to say is I doubt we'll ever see a black April in our lifetimes, but who knows.

Powder
07-05-2016, 01:12 AM
You guys all suck, seriously.

ToTheNines
07-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Just heard an "A Day Inside May" review on NPR. They didn't like it.

Anyway, in all seriousness, I doubt CyberCubed is a virgin.

I.... would bet the farm on it.

Cubed is more than one man. He is legion.
Cubed might also be Joe Biden.
http://s16.postimg.org/afyeiz9fp/ba_1_png_w_873_h_690.png.

Interesting. That would explain the vehement Obama support and simple mindedness.

victory_angel
07-05-2016, 03:42 AM
Well this thread has clearly gone to hell, so there's no point saving it now.

All I have to say is I doubt we'll ever see a black April in our lifetimes, but who knows.

Seriously Cubed, April was originally drawn as an African American woman in the mirage comic. So yes a black April has existed in our life time.

http://i1.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/black-april.jpg?resize=632%2C326

For a black-and-white comic, race is not always easy to identify. On top of this, different artists contributing to the original Mirage comic often had their own interpretation of April, right down to skin tone. However, an early color cover image of April seems to clearly show darker skin and black, curly hair. Also, in certain issues (most notably “Tales of the TMNT #7”), her skin is undeniably dark.

http://listverse.com/2014/08/16/10-strangest-facts-about-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/
(http://listverse.com/2014/08/16/10-strangest-facts-about-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/)

Powder
07-05-2016, 03:58 AM
She was only black in one issue & it was done by a guest artist who wasn't sure of her ethnicity.

& while Cubed is a goof, he's not someone you have to educate on Mirage...

Candy Kappa
07-05-2016, 04:24 AM
And the panel from that article is from Tales vol. 1 #7, it's the only instance I can think of where April is toned like that.

plastroncafe
07-05-2016, 10:24 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zEgAAOxyaTxRPVSj/s-l300.jpg

That's April on the right.
There's more than just one frame in one book that could be used to support any argument regarding April's ethnicity.
I've always read her as white, because I watched the OT before reading the comics, and because in one of her early issues she mentions getting a perm.

Having said that, what does it matter if someone reads her as something other than white?
It doesn't.

ticktack
07-05-2016, 11:40 AM
If you want my opinion:
There's a "yes" to a independant career woman (if in 1987 motive (03's suggests a programming involved lady-assistant, doesn't it)) and an image of a black lady who's a first female antagonist which can make dark-skinned little girls be exited about and maybe increase their self-esteem about their appearance.
But ... I don't want people to have an idea of the color changing being forced. A member of the forums will create a disscussion about why the creative crew decided to do that: suddenly color-swapping her. But there's also "being used to smth" aspect maybe after a season, but what about nostalgia fans. Then you tell them that every TMNT incarnation does not need to be the same, every incarnation differes, and they need to get used to it.

She can also be racially mixed: might be in cultural sence and having a Native American ancestor, a blond grandparent, some of Asian blood.
Edit: , have an irish-american parent.

CyberCubed
07-05-2016, 11:42 AM
I don't understand the logic here. In 95% of the Mirage issues April is white, but just because in two issues some artists took a creative liberty and made her darker skinned, and you guys are using that as an example?

I'm pretty sure in math 95% is higher than 5%. So its likely the 5% of issues April is darker skinned is just an anomaly or an artist not knowing what he was doing.

Andrew NDB
07-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Seriously Cubed, April was originally drawn as an African American woman in the mirage comic. So yes a black April has existed in our life time.

And... false.

BabyTurtles
07-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Changing her appearance is okay as long as you keep her the same in personality.

Also she doesn't have to be an independent black women who don't need no man either....:trolleye: quite frankly I'm so done with that portrayal.....give me a Shy black girl...or a fun loving black girl....or a scatterbrain black girl with a good heart.

anything other than the typical sassy girl who's the only one with sense...or that boring stoic girl. (I don't mind them having some of these traits as long as it's not 90% of their whole character)

Commenter 42
07-05-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/aejtsz/picture48701950/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/thedab

Andrew NDB
07-05-2016, 12:57 PM
April was black in that "Turtles: The Movie"/"Dawn of the Ninja"... thing. So there you go.

https://www.facebook.com/254448458058/photos/a.254450543058.138295.254448458058/322842398058/?type=3&theater

The Happy One
07-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Changing her appearance is okay as long as you keep her the same in personality.

Also she doesn't have to be an independent black women who don't need no man either....:trolleye: quite frankly I'm so done with that portrayal.....give me a Shy black girl...or a fun loving black girl....or a scatterbrain black girl with a good heart.

anything other than the typical sassy girl who's the only one with sense...or that boring stoic girl. (I don't mind them having some of these traits as long as it's not 90% of their whole character)

Facts. April doesn’t have to be black. But if she was it would be just fine to keep the characteristics similiar with a new, unique background. Or they could create new characters with traits listed above.

Commenter 42
07-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Keep her exactly the same, but make her skin black.

hmmm.... I just know theres an offensive bit in there some where, but what oh what could it be?

Where is that line folks, where oh where could it be.

Let's think on it, together.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3Y_Hsxg-CFY/hqdefault.jpg

Yep, that's why we so desperately need the SJW crowd, to remind us of exactly where we are on racism.

plastroncafe
07-05-2016, 02:16 PM

But... If she had a personality she wouldn't be April.