PDA

View Full Version : Eli Wiesel, Nobel Laureate, Writer, and Holocaust Survivor Dies

MikeandRaph87
07-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Eli Wiesel author of the unrelated Holocaust trilogy, Day, Dawn, and most famously a pseudo-biographical Night passed away this morning according to the Israel's Holocaust memorial staff. His cause of death has yet to be given however given his age it could be natural causes. Wiesel, a champion for the silenced not only wrote the above mentioned books but was an advocate who later moved to the United States. While he finally rest with those taken too soon over 70 years ago he definitely achieved a lot in his 87 years of life.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/elie-wiesel-holocaust-survivor-and-nobel-laureate-has-died-museum/ar-AAhVdMn?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

plastroncafe
07-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Oh no!

I had the honor and privilege of hearing this man speak during college. Not only was he a guest lecturer my Freshman year, but he gave the invocation at my graduation four years later.

He will be missed.

GoldMutant
07-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Not to down the mood, but shouldn't this be in the Current Events section, not introductions?

Anyways, Night may not have been my favorite book freshman year, but I cannot deny the power Wiesel brought in it. From the imagery to a life and death situation during one of the biggest tragic horrors in history, he left his mark. God rest his soul after all of it, thank you Mr. Wiesel. :(

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Words are inadequate to describe the everyday men and women who survived and became heroes.

My hat is off and over my heart.

Etsyturtle2
07-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Nice to meet you too.

MikeandRaph87
07-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Not to down the mood, but shouldn't this be in the Current Events section, not introductions?

Anyways, Night may not have been my favorite book freshman year, but I cannot deny the power Wiesel brought in it. From the imagery to a life and death situation during one of the biggest tragic horrors in history, he left his mark. God rest his soul after all of it, thank you Mr. Wiesel. :(

I originally posted it there,but for some reason landed here. The same thing happens on rare occasion on the DC Comics MB I am on, the board hiccups. Go figure. I assumed Moderator X would have fixed the hiccup by now.

I read Night my freshman year of college in my Western Civilization course. It was chose based on it's 80 page length,but I was taken by the story. It may be short, but the message stands tall.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-03-2016, 07:54 PM
The important thing is that he said what he wanted to say and hundreds of thousands - maybe millions - have listened, both now and in the future. His work has been instrumental in making sure no one forgets what happened all those years ago. I hope he is able to rest in peace.

thundermaster612
07-07-2016, 04:33 PM
So in what language does 'introduction' mean 'general discussion?'

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-07-2016, 04:43 PM
So in what language does 'introduction' mean 'general discussion?'

Only eight posts and you didn't see the explanation for the mistake?

shuriken
07-09-2016, 12:07 AM
A truly remarkable man with a truly remarkable life. May he rest in peace