PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's new Iron Man will be a black woman replacing Tony Stark

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 02:09 PM
http://time.com/4394478/iron-man-riri-williams-tony-stark/

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/ht_iron_man_cover_edit_er_160706_4x3_992.jpg

There’s a new Iron Man. Well, Iron Man for now. She’s still working on the name. The events at the end of the comic book event series Civil War II will result in Tony Stark stepping out of the Iron Man suit and a new character, Riri Williams, taking over, Marvel tells TIME. (Note: Tony’s departure doesn’t mean you know the end to Civil War II yet.)

Riri is a science genius who enrolls in MIT at the age of 15. She comes to the attention of Tony when she builds her own Iron Man suit in her dorm.

Marvel continues to go all social justice warrior and replace Tony Stark with a black woman, yet she's still called Iron Man instead of "Iron Woman" or something like that.

So Marvel again trying to appeal to feminists and minorities by replacing an established character for 60 years with another female minority. When will it end?

TurtleTitan97
07-06-2016, 02:11 PM
Doesn't really matter. By the next MCU movie starring Iron Man as a lead character, Stark will most likely be back in the armor.

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Does this mean Iron Man will finally get that personality he's been missing?

ToTheNines
07-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Does this mean Iron Man will finally get that personality he's been missing?

Lol. So relevant.

plastroncafe
07-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Huh, so they're going the Tim Drake route.
Interesting.

thundermaster612
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Still ought to be better than Ghostbusters, I would prefer it if the name stayed as Iron Man. The idea seems alright right now but hopefully nobody ****s it up with various things. I know she's a girl and man is in the title of Iron Man but what if she had a secret identity or something pretending to be a dude? I still think Stark will be in the armor again though.

ToTheNines
07-06-2016, 03:04 PM
How about Iron Tran?

Also, her name is re-re.

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 03:09 PM
How ironic that yesterday we were talking about having a black April in TMNT and all of a sudden the very next day Marvel officially announces a black woman Iron Man.

What a coincidence!

oldmanwinters
07-06-2016, 03:28 PM
No big deal. In the 1980s, a black man replaced Iron Man while Tony Stark worked through his alcoholism.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Huh, so they're going the Tim Drake route.
Interesting.

Yeah, but all THAT 15-yo had to do is figure out Bruce Wayne was Batman. And do a lot of athletics.

A high-school or college student making a robotic exoskeleton armored suit capable of weaponry, defense, and flight? On her budget? Nah.

plastroncafe
07-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Yeah, but all THAT 15-yo had to do is figure out Bruce Wayne was Batman. And do a lot of athletics.

A high-school or college student making a robotic exoskeleton armored suit capable of weaponry, defense, and flight? On her budget? Nah.

Having actually lived at MIT for a summer, trust me...if she has the talent, the tools wouldn't be hard to come by.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Having actually lived at MIT for a summer, trust me...if she has the talent, the tools wouldn't be hard to come by.

Would that much materiel be available to a student? Enough to actually fab a full Iron Man suit?

I guess so. Students pull all sorts of goofy stuff in labs and shops. I guess it's not quite as far-fetched as my original reaction.

plastroncafe
07-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Would that much materiel be available to a student? Enough to actually fab a full Iron Man suit?

I guess so. Students pull all sorts of goofy stuff in labs and shops. I guess it's not quite as far-fetched as my original reaction.

They are very fond of their Hacks.
http://hacks.mit.edu/

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 03:51 PM
I don't buy it. I mean, Iron Man wears a helmet. So...

TheSkeletonMan939
07-06-2016, 04:14 PM
No big deal. In the 1980s, a black man replaced Iron Man while Tony Stark worked through his alcoholism.

But that was different. That was Tony's longtime friend. This is just some kid.

snake
07-06-2016, 04:15 PM
I can't say I'm suprised

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Why is Marvel replacing all their established heroes with minorities when the characters are now popularized through the movies to casuals?

- Black female Iron Man
- Female Thor
- Black Captain America
- Asian Hulk
- Black/Spanish Spiderman (Miles)
- Female Wolverine (X-23)

It like...makes no sense.

Splinter the boss
07-06-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't know about this. This iron man woman situation is too much.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Why is Marvel replacing all their established heroes with minorities when the characters are now popularized through the movies to casuals?

- Black female Iron Man
- Female Thor
- Black Captain America
- Asian Hulk

(I think X-23 is kinda cool.)

Comics today are almost all written by fanboys who want to leave their marks in comic history. It used to be the fanboys would make sweeping retcons like changing Power Girl's history or erasing Peter and MJ's marriage, but now they like to make their mark by whoring themselves out to women and minorities. You can almost hear the company and the writer screaming, "Buy my comic! Please!! Look, I included a black character!! That appeals to your sense of 'social justice', right?"

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 04:42 PM

- Black female Iron Man
- Female Thor
- Black Captain America
- Asian Hulk

This is what POC like to call, pandering, and what SJW's call progress.

snake
07-06-2016, 06:03 PM

- Black female Iron Man
- Female Thor
- Black Captain America
- Asian Hulk

Marvel sells to Tumblr kids and tries to sell to SJWS when they don't really buy comics. Ever wonder why they always renumber? Because they only buy #1s before losing interest. Then Marvel can start up ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT ALL SJW UNCANNY AMAZING UNBREAKABLE HULKVENGERSMEN NOW.1.0

This is why DC is killing them right now.

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 06:19 PM
I can't wait for the pendulum to swing back the other way.

Shark_Blade
07-06-2016, 06:23 PM
This makes me cringe.

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 06:27 PM
What's so stupid is it makes no sense. Kids being exposed to these superheroes for the first time due to the movies would want to see the same characters in the comics....not completely different characters.

Some kid who loves Tony Stark in the movies and says, "Hey, maybe I should read some Iron Man comics!" and then sees a black woman in the Iron Man armor instead...like what's the point?

I don't know, even in the 90's when I was a kid comics confused me so what do I know.

ToTheNines
07-06-2016, 06:35 PM
I can't wait for the pendulum to swing back the other way.

In ten years, their flagship title will be MRA. Marvel's Righteous Avengers.

Bry
07-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Ah, so this is the new thing comics dudes are overreacting to? And in the process, giving the company they're angry at tons of free press?

Cool, cool.

plastroncafe
07-06-2016, 06:46 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/76dXlFZZEqNH2/200_s.gif

CyberCubed
07-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Ah, so this is the new thing comics dudes are overreacting to? And in the process, giving the company they're angry at tons of free press?

Cool, cool.

Its not the same as I'm used to! How dare they change white men into black girls!

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 07:00 PM
What it does, is is divide the fans. It splinters a brand into the new Iron person, vs the "real" Iron Man. Then there's the inevitable arguments over which version should be in the movies, leading eventually to either a retcon, or a full replacement.

Superman used to be defined for most folks by the 78 film. The quintessential version, alongside the fleischer cartoons, supported by comics, was Reeve. Universally accepted and beloved.

Now we have injustice, featuring a crazy Alien overlord, bent on killing and enslaving the world, who we're calling Superman. In the movies, he's a weak and apathetic dim-wit, who makes poor choices, and can't control himself.

But don't worry, it's all good because there isn't just one Kryptonian to chose from; infact, it's even crazier than the superfamily of the golden age! Now, there's a multiverse of Supermen, hundreds of them, all shapes and sizes, from almost all walks of life.

When everyone's super, is anyone super?

EDIT:

Wait is anyone watching Fox News Right now? I've never actually watched this ****, but dafuq is up with the trashy stripper look on the women? Also when the hell did Antonio Sabato Jr. become a political pundit.

This is GD bizarre.

snake
07-06-2016, 07:13 PM

Cool, cool.

That's actually Marvel's buisness model. Angry fans=more sales

Look it up, Brevroot said it himself.

ToTheNines
07-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Wait is anyone watching Fox News Right now? I've never actually watched this ****, but dafuq is up with the trashy stripper look on the women? Also when the hell did Antonio Sabato Jr. become a political pundit.

This is GD bizarre.

It's a sh*t show. Kinda funny, but ultimately infuriating because I loathe the spread of misinformation. Let's just say they know their demographic well.

I come from a super right-wing family, so I'm familiar with it. It's only worth watching if you want to laugh at it or if Andrew Napolitano is talking.

Commenter 42
07-06-2016, 08:04 PM
It's a sh*t show. Kinda funny, but ultimately infuriating because I loathe the spread of misinformation. Let's just say they know their demographic well.

I come from a super right-wing family, so I'm familiar with it. It's only worth watching if you want to laugh at it or if Andrew Napolitano is talking.

It's hilarious how similar the format is to CNN, but, like on backwards day.

They almost cancel each other out. The remainder is still stupid, natch.

ToTheNines
07-06-2016, 09:45 PM
It's hilarious how similar the format is to CNN, but, like on backwards day.

They almost cancel each other out. The remainder is still stupid, natch.

The remainder being MSNBC? :lol:

Don't get me started on the Kremlin funded RT...

Candy Kappa
07-07-2016, 02:12 AM
But that was different. That was Tony's longtime friend. This is just some kid.

He's dead though. If Tony is going to have someone else pilot his suit, why not a impressionable student that is clever enough to make their own suit. Two birds in one stone, a new pilot and they aren't hired by a rival company.

ZariusTwo
07-07-2016, 05:04 AM
What it does, is is divide the fans. It splinters a brand into the new Iron person, vs the "real" Iron Man. Then there's the inevitable arguments over which version should be in the movies, leading eventually to either a retcon, or a full replacement.

Superman used to be defined for most folks by the 78 film. The quintessential version, alongside the fleischer cartoons, supported by comics, was Reeve. Universally accepted and beloved.
Now we have injustice, featuring a crazy Alien overlord, bent on killing and enslaving the world, who we're calling Superman.

Why do people care so much about Injustice? It's an alternate timeline based off a s*itty video game.

Read the ACTUAL IN-CANON Superman comics, and you'll find he is an uplifting, morally-centred and inspirational family man with a wife and kid these days.

Bry
07-07-2016, 05:58 AM
Wait is anyone watching Fox News Right now? I've never actually watched this ****, but dafuq is up with the trashy stripper look on the women?

I don't even know if we get that in Canada, and I wouldn't watch it even if I could, but I know they have a habit of hiring a certain "type" for female correspondents/newscasters (bleach-blonde white women). And CEO Roger Ailes has recently been sued by one such former employee for sexual harassment. So...

Spike Spiegel
07-07-2016, 06:52 AM
I don't think I own any Iron Man comics outside of Extremis and the first storyarc by Busiek and Chen.

I am all for diversity in comics, but as a fan who happens to be black myself, this does seem like an insincere publicity stunt. All that energy devoted to pissing off fans when they could just make a new character.

This stuff never ends up being the new status quo for long, like when Rhodes took over.

I'll take them seriously when they recast RDJ with Lupita N'yongo.

Allio
07-07-2016, 07:37 AM
How about Iron Tran?

Also, her name is re-re.

Iron man still works

the letters to represent Iron is "Fe"

so

"Fe" man

"Fe" Male

It was used on one of the covers for Superior Ironman.

Hope for a 3rd Superior comic

The Deadman
07-07-2016, 01:09 PM

- Black female Iron Man
- Female Thor
- Black Captain America
- Asian Hulk

Hasnt Miles Morales been in the Spider-Man universe since the 90s though? I dont know why people would be up in arms over that one.

TurtleTitan97
07-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Hasnt Miles Morales been in the Spider-Man universe since the 90s though? I dont know why people would be up in arms over that one.

Miles has only been in comics for about 5 years now.

Candy Kappa
07-07-2016, 01:13 PM

Miles first appeared in 2011...

Maybe you're thinking about Miguel O'Hara, who is Spider-Man in a alternative future in the Marvel 2099 comic book series, he debuted in 1992

TurtleTitan97
07-07-2016, 01:40 PM
First look at the new armor:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/173/816/i02/Iron_Man_Riri_Williams.jpg?1467914120

Looks like they're going with the "girl masquerading as a man" routine.

ZariusTwo
07-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Miles first appeared in 2011...

Maybe you're thinking about Miguel O'Hara, who is Spider-Man in a alternative future in the Marvel 2099 comic book series, he debuted in 1992

It's not an "alternate future" anymore, it's the legit future according to Marvel (I presume they'll only change THAT when we finally reach the year 2099, not like some of us will be around by then)

Candy Kappa
07-07-2016, 02:47 PM
After previous events, everything is now canon.

CyberCubed
07-07-2016, 02:47 PM
So after Miles was a success in 2011 this went to Marvels heads and then they thought they should replace every superhero with a minority. Its pretty funny because almost all the lead heroes are being replaced.

Spike Spiegel
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM
So after Miles was a success in 2011 this went to Marvels heads and then they thought they should replace every superhero with a minority. Its pretty funny because almost all the lead heroes are being replaced.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/this-is-the-wiocij.jpg

Money talks.

I doubt they really care about minority characters as much as the temporary boost in sales they get from stuffing one into an established narrative.

ZariusTwo
07-08-2016, 02:12 AM
So it appears there will be another Iron Man with his own ongoing, and it's expected to be Doctor Doom

http://www.newsarama.com/30037-marvel-signals-infamous-iron-man-solo-dr-strange-team-book-coming-to-marvel-now.html

TurtleTitan97
07-08-2016, 09:37 AM
So it appears there will be another Iron Man with his own ongoing, and it's expected to be Doctor Doom

http://www.newsarama.com/30037-marvel-signals-infamous-iron-man-solo-dr-strange-team-book-coming-to-marvel-now.html

Why would Doctor Doom be Iron Man? Isn't his previous suit as technologically advanced as Stark's?

Candy Kappa
07-08-2016, 12:43 PM
I guess Doom was jealous of Skull's sweet looking armor.

CyberCubed
07-08-2016, 07:25 PM
All these characters changing superhero identities is so dumb. Why do they even bother?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-08-2016, 08:05 PM
All these characters changing superhero identities is so dumb. Why do they even bother?

Sometimes it makes sense. The Robin identity, or Dick Grayson becoming Batman in the wake of Bruce Wayne's death.

There are legacy characters, or "mantles", as I prefer to think of it... and then there are cash grabs.

TurtleTitan97
07-08-2016, 08:11 PM
^ This.

When done right and in a sensible way, we end up with awesome legacy characters like Wally West, Terry Mcginnis, etc.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-08-2016, 08:15 PM
^ This.

When done right and in a sensible way, we end up with awesome legacy characters like Wally West, Terry Mcginnis, etc.

Wally West, but I've never been a fan of "Beyond"...

But absolutely Wally West.

ToTheNines
07-08-2016, 08:18 PM
^ This.

The only legacy character Marvel has pulled off were Bucky (didn't last), Kate Bishop (Clint never retired) and arguably Miles (he kind of bores me).

ZariusTwo
07-09-2016, 03:23 AM
The only legacy character Marvel has pulled off were Bucky (didn't last), Kate Bishop (Clint never retired) and arguably Miles (he kind of bores me).

Don't forget Peter's daughter Mayday Parker, who had a twelve year run, and who's first volume lasted 100 issues.

(yeah, technically that was an alternate universe, but it's still an achievement, and frankly that has more right to be the "real" Marvel universe than the actual Marvel Universe)

ToTheNines
07-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Don't forget Peter's daughter Mayday Parker, who had a twelve year run, and who's first volume lasted 100 issues.

(yeah, technically that was an alternate universe, but it's still an achievement, and frankly that has more right to be the "real" Marvel universe than the actual Marvel Universe)

Never read that whole run, but I concur. I was bound to forget a couple.

Definitely add Dan Ketch to that list. I may be biased, but I always thought he was a way more interesting character than Johnny Blaze.

Scott Lang was retroactively made cooler by virtue of being portrayed by Paul Rudd on the big screen.

Technically Black Panther has always been a mantle, if you wanna count that.

CyberCubed
07-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Wally West, but I've never been a fan of "Beyond"...

But absolutely Wally West.

Batman Beyond and Terry are critically acclaimed. It also makes sense, what happens when Bruce is 70-80 years old? Having a new Batman take up his mantle fits perfectly.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-09-2016, 09:59 PM
Batman Beyond and Terry are critically acclaimed. It also makes sense, what happens when Bruce is 70-80 years old? Having a new Batman take up his mantle fits perfectly.

I'll give you it makes sense, but jumping forward that far into the future doesn't work for me. If it's not a Robin growing into the mantle of the Bat, I'm not interested.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Sorry to double post, but here's a thought:

If it was Superman Beyond or Wonder Woman Beyond or Flash Beyond, would it have been a success?

It only worked because everybody loves the idea of Batman and are desperate to watch anything with a protagonist in a cape and pointy ears.

Although I'll betcha Spiderman Beyond would've worked, too.

ToTheNines
07-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Miguel O'Hara?

Edit: and Wonder Woman beyond dosen't really make much sense because she doesn't really age.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Miguel O'Hara?

Edit: and Wonder Woman beyond dosen't really make much sense because she doesn't really age.

I know, I just wanted to point out the next big characters. But yeah, in the comics, Superman Beyond is just an oldier grumpier Superman. Not sure about Wonder Woman.

If you prefer, allow me to rephrase: Aquaman Beyond or Flash Beyond. Or Robin Beyond. :tsmile:

MsMarvelDuckie
07-10-2016, 02:26 PM
McGinnis all the way baby. I loved Beyond, and Static too for that matter since he was a later addition to the-Bat-verse. (Via a crossover episode.) Miles- not so much. But Mayday certainly works. (And I made one of my own with Red-Back aka Hunter Parker. But he just used the motif, not the name. He wanted to leave his own mark rather than step fully into dad's shoes.)

ToTheNines
07-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Forgot Spider-Bitch.

Lol.

Shred Head
07-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Sorry to double post, but here's a thought:

If it was Superman Beyond or Wonder Woman Beyond or Flash Beyond, would it have been a success?

It only worked because everybody loves the idea of Batman and are desperate to watch anything with a protagonist in a cape and pointy ears.

It only worked because the creative team was Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and Alan Burnett the core guys responsible for Batman the Animated Series. I remember back when I was younger reading about this in a Wizard magazine I hated it a new Batman thats not Dick or Tim. A skinny looking teenage Batman with no cape. I hated it but I watched it anyway and man did they sell you on a terrible idea forced on to them by clueless tv executives and toy companies. I loved this show and still consider it in my top ten best animated shows of all time. Terry to me is as much Batman is as Bruce is I cant see any else as Batman now. I was going to buy the monthly title but apparently it doesn't have anything to do with the cartoon Batman Beyond is Tim Drake and he's fighting skynet or some **** so ididn't even bother.

The Deadman
08-22-2016, 12:36 PM
New Female Iron Man To Be Called Ironheart (http://411mania.com/movies/new-female-iron-man-to-be-called-ironheart/)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-22-2016, 12:39 PM
New Female Iron Man To Be Called Ironheart (http://411mania.com/movies/new-female-iron-man-to-be-called-ironheart/)

Saw that earlier. If they explain the name adequately, it'll work.

Still... what about leaving "Iron" out of the name entirely? I dunno. I don't read Marvel comics anyway. I'm just a passive observer on these.

TurtleTitan97
08-22-2016, 12:45 PM
They missed out on the perfect opportunity to name her "Iron Maiden".

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-22-2016, 12:49 PM
They missed out on the perfect opportunity to name her "Iron Maiden".

Well, the potential for lawsuits or other legal issues are unavoidable. It would've been fun, a nice clever laugh, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

TurtleTitan97
08-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Well, the potential for lawsuits or other legal issues are unavoidable. It would've been fun, a nice clever laugh, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I suppose you're right.

Too bad this isn't like the 60s where they were able to get away with naming a character "Captain Marvel" despite the title being used for a different character back in the 40s.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I suppose your right.

Too bad this isn't like the 60s where they were able to get away with naming a character "Captain Marvel" despite the title being used for a different character back in the 40s.

:tlol: You're right about that. Where WERE all the lawyers back when Thanos was ripping off Darkseid and Captain Marvel was ripping off Billy Bateson and Wade Wilson was ripping off Slade Wilson?

And yes, yes, I know DC ripped off Marvel, too. Feel free to chime in, everyone, with additional examples. :tsmile:

ZariusTwo
08-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Ironheart

Has Quesada been binjing Care Bears?

The article also mentions she'll have a Tony Stark A.I advising her.

ToTheNines
08-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Lol, cheese.

Ironheart the re-re.

Spike Spiegel
10-22-2016, 05:13 PM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/20/pressure-midtown-comics-cancels-j-scott-campbell-riri-williams-cover-one/

http://cbr3.imgix.net/2016/10/1587932-xl.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1076&fit=crop

sdp
10-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Most of that "pressure" is from people who has never picked up and would never pick up a comic book in their life.

plastroncafe
10-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Most of the people complaining about the editorial decision are upset there's one less underaged character to oggle.

CyberCubed
10-22-2016, 08:20 PM
I don't see anything suggestive with that cover at all. She's not even wearing a bikini, a full shirt and pants. Its exactly what you see women wearing outside all the time.

What the hell do people want? A woman covered from head to toe?

Spike Spiegel
10-22-2016, 08:48 PM
It's Campbell's style. Nobody seems to have complained about his version of Tesla Strong or the younger characters in Danger Girl.

I don't see the image as particularly sexy, really. But she looks kind of stupid doing that hand motion without the glove on.

Also, I probably would have drawn some spare parts and tools in the background, just to make it look like a lab/garage instead a weird gradient room.

ToTheNines
10-22-2016, 10:06 PM
I just can't believe that all these "controversial" covers are ALWAYS variants. This one's a ****ing retailer exclusive, at that.

Plus it's Campbell, what'd you think he was gonna draw? I said the same thing about Milo Manara.

sdp
10-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Another lost battle for art and freedom of speech thanks to a minority that wants to dictate how we should feel about stuff and why we should be offended. When gone to extremes the left is just as bad as the right.

Spike Spiegel
10-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Another lost battle for art and freedom of speech thanks to a minority that wants to dictate how we should feel about stuff and why we should be offended. When gone to extremes the left is just as bad as the right.

I also dislike this trend, but I get the feeling they'll move onto something else before too long--or the culture will force them into a state of lessened relevance.

It's like the modern equivalent of Frederic Wertham and the Comics Code Authority.

Candy Kappa
10-23-2016, 04:22 AM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/20/pressure-midtown-comics-cancels-j-scott-campbell-riri-williams-cover-one/

http://cbr3.imgix.net/2016/10/1587932-xl.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1076&fit=crop

Uh... Okay...

The torso looks a bit weird like he's mashed two different torsos and her spine is broken, but as for "risqué" it's super tame.

Shred Head
10-23-2016, 04:24 AM

Thats not sexy in the least people are acting like this was Trouble issue #1 or something. Its sad how Marvel will back peddle every time someone who would never buy a comic book gets triggered and makes a post on Tumblr instead of standing behind there talent and backing them up.

Klunk1234
12-12-2016, 03:40 PM
How ironic that yesterday we were talking about having a black April in TMNT and all of a sudden the very next day Marvel officially announces a black woman Iron Man.

What a coincidence!

A black April I don't think that would happen. According to Peter Laird, April is a white girl with Irish background.

Marvel is changing everything. I hope Marvel never put its hand on TMNT if Nickelodeon get tired of them.