PDA

View Full Version : The 'Plot Leak'

thundermaster612
07-07-2016, 10:08 AM
So if anyone recalls in the TMNT 2 thread (before it was locked) someone posted a plot leak for the movie. I didn't read it but somebody else said that the leak confirmed the turtles being human in some way in the movie. I have seen it and they have not turned human at all in it, there was just the hand thing with Donnie and that's it. I can't seem to track down that post with the leak so can anybody tell me what it said and if it was a phony?

Matt2310
07-07-2016, 01:55 PM
thats what they were talking about... the hand thing... and how it could turn them human....

Powder
07-07-2016, 02:40 PM
No idea what you're talking about but it's plenty likely that they did something like that but ultimately got rid of it after seeing fan backlash. Happened last time, could have happened again.

IndigoErth
07-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Eh, doubting it since the book plays it out the same way as the film** and they prob would have had to axe that idea pretty early, since you figure any backlash by the time we had knowledge probably would have come too late to stop the printing.

As for where anyone got any ideas of a 'leaked' concept about it. My guess... one of the music tracks has one titled "Become Human," so maybe that started it? Though I think we may have seen the trailers with Donnie's hand before we knew of the sound track titles and that's plenty enough to get people assuming.

**except there it's Donnie's arm which changes color (unknown to reader) and texture instead. That was the only difference.

Powder
07-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Eh, doubting it since the book plays it out the same way as the film** and they prob would have had to axe that idea pretty early, since you figure any backlash by the time we had knowledge probably would have come too late to stop the printing.

Does the first film's novelization have Sachs as Shredder, Foot Soldiers being mutated into grotesque blobs, etc?

For that matter, does the second one's include the arc with April's superior, Judith Hoag?

I doubt they do, but we know that stuff was filmed.

IndigoErth
07-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Fair enough. Though I don't recall what connection the first book made with Sachs and Shredder, I may have to flip through it again. And Hoag's part isn't really known how big it was, if it was a full-on part or more of a cameo thrown in late.

Powder
07-07-2016, 09:23 PM
It was at least two separate scenes, as the set photos of them together were from different days in different outfits, Megan's both being prominently featured in the film.

I hope we can one day get the full skinny on all this stuff, however awful it would've been. :tlol:

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Does the first film's novelization have Sachs as Shredder, Foot Soldiers being mutated into grotesque blobs, etc?

For that matter, does the second one's include the arc with April's superior, Judith Hoag?

I doubt they do, but we know that stuff was filmed.

No, Sachs and Shredder were separate people in the first novel, nor were there any mutating foot soldiers. Shredder is a Japanese ninja here. There was even an extra scene or two with shredder in the book, with Sachs telling the turtles how 'stupid rich' he was going to get, and Shredder walks in and chastises him, saying; "You are too obsessed with money, my pupil. Money does not matter, only power and honor matter."

thundermaster612
07-08-2016, 06:48 AM
What novel?

Etsyturtle2
07-08-2016, 07:20 AM
What novel?

The junior movie novelization.