PDA

View Full Version : Mega Bloks comic with Eastman cover

SS Kakarot
07-08-2016, 03:11 AM
Looks like there's an exclusive comic book on the way from Mega Bloks with original cover by Kevin Eastman.

This picture is on the collector's website at the moment, no further info.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cm0-95xW8AAfbEY.jpg

Mayhem
07-08-2016, 03:19 AM
If it's for the animated series (likely), then I probably won't have to worry about it heh.

Powder
07-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Why would that be likely? The Image shows Eastman & Laird art + Megabloks makes Mirage sets.

Demon-Alukard
07-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Why would that be likely? The Image shows Eastman & Laird art + Megabloks makes Mirage sets.

The Image shows compillation of Eastman, Laird and Lawson artwork from different issues of Mirage TMNT Vol.1 & 4. So I don't see there any exclusive material.

TMNTooze
07-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Wonder if Mega Bloks will include a mini comic with their sets like some of the Marvel Lego sets? This seems like something else but it would be cool to have some included in both lines of TMNT.

Chaotix12345
07-15-2016, 06:21 PM
Preview of said comic by Andre at the end of this video:

uHm2X0dYNhs

It's a Mega Bloksized comic crossover of the Mirage and OT universes! Looks REALLY cool. Loving the artwork and the cover. Definitely gonna have to track this one down. :D

oldmanwinters
07-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Preview of said comic by Andre at the end of this video:

uHm2X0dYNhs

It's a Mega Bloksized comic crossover of the Mirage and OT universes! Looks REALLY cool. Loving the artwork and the cover. Definitely gonna have to track this one down. :D

Comic looks fantastic! Hope IDW or Mega Bloks eventually decides to post a digital version.

Mayhem
07-15-2016, 06:49 PM
If you see the inside cover, it lists two variants (and there may be more) so I wonder how you'll get the normal (colour) version he shows off?

atreyu2112
07-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Oh man, I need this comic. Damit!!!

Powder
07-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Okay dromie homies, one of y'all needs to grab me a copy. :tlol:

Mayhem
07-16-2016, 04:22 PM
If you see the inside cover, it lists two variants (and there may be more) so I wonder how you'll get the normal (colour) version he shows off?
Answer apparently is Mega Bloks will make it available with some promotion later in the year. The blue cover version (a la Club Eastman) is the one available at SDCC.

rich
07-16-2016, 04:44 PM
Answer apparently is Mega Bloks will make it available with some promotion later in the year. The blue cover version (a la Club Eastman) is the one available at SDCC.

Anyone else totally confused by all this Mega Bloks TMNT comic stuff? The BLUE SKETCH version is completely different artwork than the COLOR cover shown in the video. Yet, from 6:43 to 6:49 of that same video there's a true B&W version of the COLOR cover shown while along the bottom are words that read, "TMNT Comic Book Available at SDCC Will Have a Black & White Cover." Yet, the "Mega Bloks: Guide to SDCC (https://collectors.megabloks.com/en-us/news/mega-bloks-guide-to-sdcc-2016)" blog shows the BLUE SKETCH version as being issued at SDCC. The video never mentions a BLUE SKETCH but you can clearly see a BLUE SKETCH cover on the video at 6:56. The cover shown on the inside to the left of the BLUE SKETCH actually looks to be B&W and not color. So...WTF?

oldmanwinters
07-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Anyone else totally confused by all this Mega Bloks TMNT comic stuff? The BLUE SKETCH version is completely different artwork than the COLOR cover shown in the video. Yet, from 6:43 to 6:49 of that same video there's a true B&W version of the COLOR cover shown while along the bottom are words that read, "TMNT Comic Book Available at SDCC Will Have a Black & White Cover." Yet, the "Mega Bloks: Guide to SDCC (https://collectors.megabloks.com/en-us/news/mega-bloks-guide-to-sdcc-2016)" blog shows the BLUE SKETCH version as being issued at SDCC. The video never mentions a BLUE SKETCH but you can clearly see a BLUE SKETCH cover on the video at 6:56. The cover shown on the inside to the left of the BLUE SKETCH actually looks to be B&W and not color. So...WTF?

Ah, boy, that's confusing enough to make Kevin Conroy break out in song!
57zFkL9GSZA

playmate
07-16-2016, 05:59 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these CVRS, and hope all 3 become available...

Etsyturtle2
07-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Mega books posted a comment on the video saying that a color version will be available to the public later this year.

rich
07-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Mega books posted a comment on the video saying that a color version will be available to the public later this year.

It's not the colored one I'm actually confused about. It's the B&W / BLUE SKETCH that confuses me.

Jay $tarkiller
07-17-2016, 01:36 AM
Okay dromie homies, one of y'all needs to grab me a copy. :tlol:

:tlol: yeah, I need one too..looks very cool

funatic
07-18-2016, 12:42 AM

My guess is the Blue Sketch cover is what will be available at SDCC, and that's what they mean when they say B&W. I'd trust the blog. You can tell in the video they just put a B&W filter on a shot of the color cover, probably because they didn't have a printed copy of the SDCC variant to shoot. I looked again and am pretty sure that's the regular color cover on the inside to the left too which will maybe be released to the public later?

:tlol: yeah, I need one too..looks very cool

Yeah if someone snags some extras definitely report back here! :tcool:

Nortock Diab
07-18-2016, 05:29 AM
I can't wait to put my hands on this!
I hope it gets released through an usual comic book distribution channel as I would not be that eager to hunt it on eBay at the cost of my right arm...

Regarding the story itself, what's key for me is that it fits in all continuities it will be playing with.

turtlefanforever
07-18-2016, 10:04 AM
I'd be all about it at the right price. The artwork is nice. I'm sure it'll be a pretty halfas$ed story but that's to be expected.

Mayhem
07-18-2016, 10:23 AM
I hope it gets released through an usual comic book distribution channel as I would not be that eager to hunt it on eBay at the cost of my right arm...
Sounds like the regular version will be available through Mega Bloks directly in due time. The blue sketch version is going to be SDCC only by the looks of it.

rich
07-18-2016, 11:52 AM
My guess is the Blue Sketch cover is what will be available at SDCC, and that's what they mean when they say B&W. I'd trust the blog. You can tell in the video they just put a B&W filter on a shot of the color cover, probably because they didn't have a printed copy of the SDCC variant to shoot. I looked again and am pretty sure that's the regular color cover on the inside to the left too which will maybe be released to the public later?

Yep, this is what I've assumed as well. The B&W was just probably what the guy in the video was told...B&W meaning Blue Sketch.

Raptor86
07-21-2016, 03:46 AM
I just discovered that "Mazzara" (who made all the drawings) in the cover is actually a very talented artist from my city, Palermo.

So proud of him!

Mayhem
07-21-2016, 04:58 AM
Right, this looks like to be the situation - blue sketch cover is a freebie giveaway, the colour version is being given away with any purchase at the Mega Bloks stand at SDCC. So both might be SDCC exclusives!

rich
07-25-2016, 02:39 PM
You can now download this comic from the Mega Bloks site (https://collectors.megabloks.com/sites/all/modules/custom/tmnt/files/TMNT_Collectors_Mega__Mattel_2016.pdf).

Roseangelo
07-25-2016, 09:39 PM
I have extra copies of these (blue & black cover) for anyone who needs one. They'd be $15 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

turtlefanforever
07-26-2016, 07:52 AM
You can now download this comic from the Mega Bloks site (https://collectors.megabloks.com/sites/all/modules/custom/tmnt/files/TMNT_Collectors_Mega__Mattel_2016.pdf).
Glad you linked it thnx!

I have extra copies of these (blue & black cover) for anyone who needs one. They'd be $15 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

How'd you come to that price?

funatic
07-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Well that was a fun little read. Little more than a well done toy promo, but always fun to see the turtle multiverses collide. Hard to believe that was a somewhat novel concept back when Turtles Forever came out. Now it seems to be happening in every niche of Turtlephemera (tv show, comics, toys, etc.). I was surprised they got Tom Waltz to write this! I wonder how the regular cover will be released in print, at toy shops?

DestronMirage22
03-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Bumping this thread.
Today I found a copy of this issue at my local Toys 'r Us. Bought it, read it, and I gotta say: it's pretty good. It's pretty short, but it's a fun read altogether. Glad it focused mainly on the Mirage turtles, I'm happy to see them get some representation.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-10-2017, 10:11 AM
I ordered one as well.

Master Splinter
03-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I ordered one as well.

Anyone got a new link? Those appear to be dead. Rose, you still have any extra copies?

Thanks!

-ms

Mayhem
03-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I believe I've got a spare pair of copies (one blue cover, one b/w) here, but not sure. Postage to the US might be a little expensive though.

funatic
03-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Anyone got a new link? Those appear to be dead. Rose, you still have any extra copies?

Thanks!

-ms

No Toys R Us nearby? The store closest to me still had a fat stack on the rack near checkout.

mrmaczaps
03-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Spotted these at a NH TRU and they had about 50 or more of them, beat to hell, but still. And they were $3.99 even though they aren't a full size comic story.