PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Why is it..

thundermaster612
07-08-2016, 06:48 PM
that nobody uses Social Groups anymore? I know there's a thread asking how to join and stuff but it doesn't relate to what I'm asking so don't link it here. How come people decided to stop using them? There are places like the Bionicle group and PD TMNT lovers that I like and want to talk in but the places are dead, why did people drop them. It would be nice if there were at least some people who hung around. So someone tell me why they abandoned the place. Also I have a feeling controversy had something to do with it...

Also I created a new Ninjago group so if anyone wants to join that...

Powder
07-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Anymore?

I've been here quite a few years, & in my experience, they were never especially lively. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. + they can at times be a little redundant.

thundermaster612
07-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Anymore?

I've been here quite a few years, & in my experience, they were never especially lively. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. + they can at times be a little redundant.

Well when I look at the groups it looks like they were lively back then. There was more talk and thread but it is literally barren now.

Powder
07-08-2016, 07:29 PM
If the PDTMNT one is your example, that one was lively because they couldn't handle reading different opinions. Then the movie came out, they realized it was flawed, & went back to using the actual forums.

thundermaster612
07-08-2016, 07:50 PM
If the PDTMNT one is your example, that one was lively because they couldn't handle reading different opinions. Then the movie came out, they realized it was flawed, & went back to using the actual forums.

I'm talking about all of them

CyberCubed
07-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Because this isn't social media. Most people on this forum are 25-30 year old adults who grew up with the original TMNT fad in the 80's and 90's and are thus immune to social media.

We are old fogey's. We don't know about this new social media stuff you young kids of today are growing up with. We're like fossils on the internet.

Netkeeper
07-08-2016, 09:06 PM
I think this thread is referring to the groups like Despair Faction.

CyberCubed
07-08-2016, 09:06 PM
I think this thread is referring to the groups like Despair Faction.

That counts as social media.

Unworthy tinker
07-08-2016, 09:24 PM
I don't think it's because y'all are "old" and stuff like that. It's just that they're not as prominent as the forums. I'm a part of another forum, and its the same way. You see people join groups even, but there's little no activity in them. The main feature of a forum isn't groups, it's the actual discussion forum.

And Thunder, despite what I just said, I'd join your group. ^_^

Candy Kappa
07-09-2016, 03:57 AM
I'm only in two Social Groups, but I barely check them. I usually just press New Posts when I'm on the 'Drome, and I find it way too much of a hassle to check group activity.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-09-2016, 05:39 AM
We have Social Groups?

thundermaster612
07-09-2016, 05:57 AM
I don't mean to use them like social media, I don't even have any social media. Well except for Twitter buts that's for Ninjago and TMNT news

snake
07-09-2016, 10:39 AM
There's no real point and it's too much of a hassle to check in on them

plastroncafe
07-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Forums are social media.
You are on a forum.
Ergo, you are on social media.

Etsyturtle2
07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
I would do it more if it showed in my notifications

Netkeeper
07-09-2016, 12:27 PM
They're easy for me to check in on. All I do is click my username up at the top of the forum, then scroll down to my groups and open each one in a tab. \_(ツ)_/

TheSkeletonMan939
07-09-2016, 12:46 PM
They're easy for me to check in on. All I do is click my username up at the top of the forum, then scroll down to my groups and open each one in a tab. \_(ツ)_/

But it's 2016 dude! You know how short our attention spans are! :P

Seriously, there are people who find those simple two clicks to be a hassle.

thundermaster612
07-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Forums are social media.
You are on a forum.
Ergo, you are on social media.

At least this isn't **** like instagram