PDA

View Full Version : Insomniac Spider-Man Discussion

retr0pia75
07-11-2016, 02:46 PM
As it turns out, Activision has apparently lost the license to create Marvel games. Because of this, the recently-announced Spider-Man game will be exclusive to the PS4, and will also be developed by INSOMNIAC GAMES of all studios. Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R2uvJqWeVg
Thoughts?

Redeemer
07-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Honestly really happy this happened bc Activision has a habit of producing turds. It looks really good, but the costume choice is shocking and a very bold choice. I think the costume looks really cool and a good change of pace.

To bad I have an Xbox one and not a PS4 :-?

retr0pia75
07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
Honestly really happy this happened bc Activision has a habit of producing turds. It looks really good, but the costume choice is shocking and a very bold choice. I think the costume looks really cool and a good change of pace.

To bad I have an Xbox one and not a PS4 :-?
I'm honestly not too keen on the direction that they took with the symbol, but I'll probably get used to it. I'm surprised that this isn't a tie-in to next year's movie or being developed by Sucker Punch like everyone thought it would be.

Redeemer
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm honestly not too keen on the direction that they took with the symbol, but I'll probably get used to it. I'm surprised that this isn't a tie-in to next year's movie or being developed by Sucker Punch like everyone thought it would be.

The fact thats is not a "Movie Tie Game" is one reason I am optimistic for this game. Tie in game are in general terrible.

Also as far as the costume goes I am sure they will have DLC or Unlocks that will allow you to have an alternate costume.

Spike Spiegel
07-11-2016, 08:58 PM
If it's a loosely comic based game like the one from 2000 where Rino Romano did Spidey's voice, I'll be happy.

There was a timeless quality to those that the movie tie ins never had, even though Spider-Man 2 (2004) broke a lot of new ground.

retr0pia75
07-11-2016, 09:06 PM
If it's a loosely comic based game like the one from 2000 where Rino Romano did Spidey's voice, I'll be happy.

There was a timeless quality to those that the movie tie ins never had, even though Spider-Man 2 (2004) broke a lot of new ground.
Really? I thought the 2002 game was pretty good.