PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Whoopi Goldberg to return in TMNT: The Movie Part 3?

Andrew NDB
07-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Is it time for her to come back? Did you find yourself missing her in Part 2 beside Vernon Fenwicke?

http://img.memecdn.com/Wookie-Goldberg_o_138408.jpg

neatoman
07-12-2016, 01:50 PM
What happened to her character between movies? Why did she give April her job back?

plastroncafe
07-12-2016, 01:52 PM
I'll have to go with the majority vote on this one, as I never did get around to seeing Part 2, and now it's out of the local theaters.

Alas.

thundermaster612
07-12-2016, 01:54 PM
I remember reading a plot for TMNT 2 that said that April was chasing after a story but not under the Channel 6 label. So no.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-12-2016, 01:55 PM
They need to reboot this franchise with all four turtles played by Whoopi Goldberg. Platinum Dunes needs to regain the trust of the fans, and this is the most reasonable solution to their problem!
Anyone who does not support this idea is a woman-hater.

CyberCubed
07-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Whoopi has looked 50 years old for like 50 years.

snake
07-12-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm sure we can find a way to write her in there alongside Hogan and Jackie Chan

IndigoErth
07-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Did I miss her in it, not at all. Largely because her role is so short and pretty forgettable. I did however miss her having a reason to talk about (aka promote) the film on her daytime show.

I like her well enough and appreciate that she's not another cookie cutter woman in Hollywood, she's a jeans and sneakers kind of lady and doesn't care what anyone thinks, but the role she played...bleh.

Would have preferred to see her playing a funner, original character instead. Perhaps a next door neighbor who came across the Turtles years ago, has known them since they were little kids and has kept their secret all these years. Maybe she's sort of a cool grandma figure to them now, while they kind of look out for her since she lives alone. That could have been fun.

Cue kid Turtle flashback of her sneaking and handing them a few freshly made cookies through the storm grate. :)

Cipher
07-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Would have preferred to see her playing a funner, original character instead. Perhaps a next door neighbor who came across the Turtles years ago, has known them since they were little kids and has kept their secret all these years. Maybe she's sort of a cool grandma figure to them now, while they kind of look out for her since she lives alone. That could have been fun.

Cue kid Turtle flashback of her sneaking and handing them a few freshly made cookies through the storm grate. :)
We need you off the forums and writing the TMNT III script with amazing ideas like these!

Cool grandma Whoopi for fantasy Rock/Jackie Chan/Hulk Hogan/all female/no Raphael third TMNT film. That scene with her sending cookies down a storm grate needs to make it in.

IndigoErth
07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
:)

But it needs to be a team effort. No one is perfect, there needs to be others who can stop me and say "No, this part this dumb," and visa versa for them. This way we try to avoid material not worthy of TMNT and avoid being burned alive. :tcool:

If only film writers actually worked that way... Clearly the ones we have think whatever they do is glorious.

Netkeeper
07-12-2016, 09:16 PM
i'm telling you guys someone needs to link me to the kickstarter so i can back it

Etsyturtle2
07-12-2016, 09:17 PM
i'm telling you guys someone needs to link me to the kickstarter so i can back it

I did on another thread already

Andrew NDB
07-26-2016, 06:38 PM
We need you off the forums and writing the TMNT III script with amazing ideas like these!

Cool grandma Whoopi for fantasy Rock/Jackie Chan/Hulk Hogan/all female/no Raphael third TMNT film. That scene with her sending cookies down a storm grate needs to make it in.

That would be very nice.

Mew
07-26-2016, 07:10 PM
No. That would make the movies more idiotic then they already are.

IndigoErth
07-26-2016, 09:12 PM
That isn't possible, it can only go up from here.

Mew
07-27-2016, 08:30 AM
That isn't possible, it can only go up from here.
State of preference really. I already gave my opinion on these movies in the TMNT Incarnations thread. The inclusion of Goldberg wouldn't be an enjoyable experience for me.