PDA

View Full Version : Should there be a Pokemon GO version of OotS?

Andrew NDB
07-13-2016, 12:06 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5467/op8Ca0.jpg

Would you play it? Would it make you go outside and walk around looking for pizza and cowabunga and Technodrome?

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Pretty sure they would make a TMNT app like that at some point.

Except based on the Nick cartoon so you can find all the million of mutants they created on the streets. All the mutants in TMNT are basically like Pokemon anyway, they just find out some animal to make into a character and throw him in a few episodes to sell toys.

Andrew NDB
07-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Pretty sure they would make a TMNT app like that at some point.

Except based on the Nick cartoon so you can find all the million of mutants they created on the streets. All the mutants in TMNT are basically like Pokemon anyway, they just find out some animal to make into a character and throw him in a few episodes to sell toys.

True.

If this was 2007, that movie would have been thematically most appropriate for this game, though.

snake
07-13-2016, 12:39 PM
I'd play it but my data would hate me

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 12:53 PM
To be honest I never realized till recently all the animal mutants from the old 90's Playmates toyline had the same impact on kids back then as Pokemon does now.

Just like Pokemon is about "Gotta catch 'em all," back in the 80's and 90's kids wanted to buy every animal mutant on toy shelves they could find. I know I did, I wanted every single animal villain or character they made...I didn't care about the Turtle variants.

It holds true today, with all the Nick mutants in the toys and cartoons essentially exist so kids can buy the new animal mutant they made and have fun with it. TMNT really was the "Pokemon" of the 80's and early 90's.

IndigoErth
07-13-2016, 02:43 PM
:lol: My sister and I were just talking about this Pokemon thing. Both of us wish they'd make other versions of it... such as zombie stuff for her. And yes, I was thinking TMNT. :D

Agree that such a thing would probably be based on Nick, although I could see there being special additions from other versions, too.

I wanna collect all the Leo's... :tlol: All versions, get in my phone! lol Alas, I don't even have a smart phone.

Galactus
07-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Can't wait 'till I find and catch a Vern Fenwick.

Leolead
07-13-2016, 05:44 PM
To be honest I never realized till recently all the animal mutants from the old 90's Playmates toyline had the same impact on kids back then as Pokemon does now.

Just like Pokemon is about "Gotta catch 'em all," back in the 80's and 90's kids wanted to buy every animal mutant on toy shelves they could find. I know I did, I wanted every single animal villain or character they made...I didn't care about the Turtle variants.

It holds true today, with all the Nick mutants in the toys and cartoons essentially exist so kids can buy the new animal mutant they made and have fun with it. TMNT really was the "Pokemon" of the 80's and early 90's.
Ehh, no it wasn't.

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Ehh, no it wasn't.

Yes it was.

What do you think all those animal mutants in the Playmates toyline were for? Most of them didn't even appear in the cartoon. They were created because they knew kids wanted to "collect them all" and want as many animal mutant toys as possible. I know I did.

Andrew NDB
07-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Yes it was.

What do you think all those animal mutants in the Playmates toyline were for? Most of them didn't even appear in the cartoon. They were created because they knew kids wanted to "collect them all" and want as many animal mutant toys as possible. I know I did.

Yeah, I did too, but I don't think that was unique to TMNT. I remember doing the same with the Real Ghostbusters toys as well.