PDA

View Full Version : Idw: Sdcc'16

AlZarkovski
07-13-2016, 01:25 PM
The Ultimate TMNT Panel: Shell Games with the IDW Team

As they blaze toward the longest-running TMNT comic ever, come chat with the creators about the ongoing comic, the new universe ongoing, the first-ever TMNT boardgame, past and future crossovers, and more! Featuring the ongoing TMNT brain trust of Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow, and Mateus Santoluoco, plus Freddie Williams III, Nick Pitarra, and others.

Saturday July 23, 2016 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Room 25ABC

Future crossovers? Interesting. Spider-man? Transformers? Usagi?:tsmile:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 01:35 PM
The Ultimate TMNT Panel: Shell Games with the IDW Team

As they blaze toward the longest-running TMNT comic ever, come chat with the creators about the ongoing comic, the new universe ongoing, the first-ever TMNT boardgame, past and future crossovers, and more! Featuring the ongoing TMNT brain trust of Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman, Bobby Curnow, and Mateus Santoluoco, plus Freddie Williams III, Nick Pitarra, and others.

Saturday July 23, 2016 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Room 25ABC

Future crossovers? Interesting. Spider-man? Transformers? Usagi?:tsmile:

Oh damn. I want to see that so badly...

plastroncafe
07-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I guess I know where I'm going to try and be on Saturday...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 01:51 PM
I guess I know where I'm going to try and be on Saturday...

Take notes for me, please!

plastroncafe
07-13-2016, 02:00 PM
Take notes for me, please!

Provided I can score myself a seat, I totally will.
:D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 02:02 PM

I will owe you all the beer in Texas.

And Texas has a lot of beer. None of it drinkable, but a lot of beer.

Raven
07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
Cant wait to hear what they announce!

plastroncafe
07-13-2016, 02:10 PM

Most things are drinkable with the right amount of lemonade added.

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 02:57 PM
I wonder if the crossover relates to Usagi Yojimbo. There's been Playmates toy sighting of Usagi in the Nick cartoon line, making people think Usagi will appear in the Nick cartoon in Season 5.

If they got a crossover with Usagi for the Nick cartoon, its very likely IDW got the rights to use him as well. Or at least I hope so.

Technogeek29
07-13-2016, 03:21 PM

Try Singapore if ever there was a tasty beer or just about anything in that bar.

CyberCubed
07-13-2016, 03:27 PM
Will Stan Sakai be at SDCC?

Ninjinister
07-13-2016, 06:27 PM
Hoping for Batman/TMNT 2: Lost in New York

Roseangelo
07-13-2016, 06:29 PM
I plan to be at all the TMNT panels for Ninja Pizza.

And yes, Stan is always at SDCC.

Sophie Campbell
07-13-2016, 08:14 PM
I wish I could be at the panel! :(

Roseangelo
07-13-2016, 09:28 PM
I wish I could be at the panel! :(

Sophie! Are you coming to Comic-Con? You are one of the last names on my art wishlist!

Sophie Campbell
07-13-2016, 11:15 PM
Sophie! Are you coming to Comic-Con? You are one of the last names on my art wishlist!

I won't be there, no. :( If I was, I'd go to the panel! ;) Hopefully we'll run into each other someday!

Roseangelo
07-13-2016, 11:33 PM
I won't be there, no. :( If I was, I'd go to the panel! ;) Hopefully we'll run into each other someday!

Ah, I am sad. :( I sure do hope to see you some day!

Harukuro
07-14-2016, 05:43 PM
I wonder if the crossover relates to Usagi Yojimbo. There's been Playmates toy sighting of Usagi in the Nick cartoon line, making people think Usagi will appear in the Nick cartoon in Season 5.

If they got a crossover with Usagi for the Nick cartoon, its very likely IDW got the rights to use him as well. Or at least I hope so.

Is there a link for that? To be honest I am not excited to hear about it; I really don't trust the 2012 show writers to treat Usagi's character with very much respect. :ohwell: Now a crossover with the IDW 'verse and writing team would be very well done :tcool:

On the subject of the panel I am really interested to hear about what new info we can glean. I would personally love to learn about who will receive more focus in future Universe story arcs (there are literally so many great characters who will benefit from a second ongoing, as well as the TMNT themselves)

EDIT: Never mind; I found the image in question. I still stand by what I wrote earlier. :ohwell:

The Happy One
07-15-2016, 05:38 AM

Bless your kind soul. I wish I could go but the only one super close is New York so...maybe next year

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 01:22 PM
So any news? Wasn't this supposed to happen today?

ToTheNines
07-23-2016, 01:26 PM
It starts in half an hour.

Read.

bushido
07-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Chadwick and Kanalz then discussed Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated, due out in November by Matt Manning and Jon Sommariva, which will be handled editorially by IDW editor Bobby Curnow. "This one's been around for a good chunk of time, we just have to make sure we schedule it for the right time," Kanalz said. "To be able to cross them over is terrific."

http://www.newsarama.com/30303-sdcc-2016-dc-s-new-crossover-classics-panel.html

So this time it will be published by IDW.

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 6s
The next few issues will be setting up what's to come through issue #100!

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 27s27 seconds ago
Mateus Santoluoco returns to art duties for a special Christmas issue, #56!

Ninjinister
07-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Finally a Christmas issue!

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 20s
Special Alopex issue drawn by Sophie Campbell!

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 4s4 seconds ago
And more work from Mateus Santoluoco! http://fb.me/7WVx3faVH

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 15s
A look at Freddie Williams III's art process. http://fb.me/I9Gy0mVC

Do these links work for anyone, they don't work for me.

But here's the facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/NinjaPizza/?fref=nf

Ninjinister
07-23-2016, 02:12 PM
ninja pizza ‏@ninjapizza 20s
special alopex issue drawn by sophie campbell!

:tlove::tlove::tlove::tlove::tlove::tlove::tlove:

ToTheNines
07-23-2016, 02:22 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13707530_10154402537667460_2837707509495463602_n.j pg?oh=e4c2077d952c395ee59d88723f06ea2b&oe=583049B1

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 02:22 PM
WYRM is coming.

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 54s
Nick Pitarra is bringing Wyrm into the IDW universe with the TMNT Universe title. http://fb.me/3pPtwJFQy

Under spoilers due to size

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoE3xR_UAAAqBuv.jpg

TMNT Master ‏@TMNTMaster 53s
"Not only is Splinter a father figure for the Turtles, but now he is a father to the Foot Clan." - Tom Waltz on #TMNT @IDWPublishing

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 25s
All TMNT Universe issues will have a 4-page backup story

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza now
TMNT board game coming Sept/Oct!

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 22s23 seconds ago
3 years of expansions planned for TMNT: Shadows of the Past!

Powder
07-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Finally, a poster book!

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Q: "Will Venus ever come into the series?"
Tom W.: "We have thrown around the idea of a female turtle. I like the idea of it, but we'd have to have an amazing plan for her so we don't mess it up."

Sophie Campbell
I really wanted to do the Christmas issue but the schedule didn't work out. :cry: Someday I'll fulfill my dream of doing a holiday special.

Ninjinister
Tom W.: "We have thrown around the idea of a female turtle. I like the idea of it, but we'd have to have an amazing plan for her so we don't mess it up."

Honestly if we were doing a female Turtle for IDW I'd rather have Artemisia. Leave Venus for the cartoon or something.

turtlefan27
07-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Can't wait for the poster book,it's about dang time..
I hope that they do not bring Venus into the book..

Sophie Campbell
07-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Honestly if we were doing a female Turtle for IDW I'd rather have Artemisia. Leave Venus for the cartoon or something.

I'm into it. Maybe I can convince them. :D

bushido
07-23-2016, 02:45 PM

https://seriesblog.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Jump_the_Shark.png

ChosenOne
07-23-2016, 02:46 PM

I've seen the cover and everything but I'm having a hard time understanding this. Maybe 'cause I'm still sluggish from a nap but... #56? Shouldn't it be #60-something? Or am I missing something here?

Vicky82
07-23-2016, 02:47 PM
So if everything goes alright I worked out issue 100 could come out December 2019.

I'm betting a Turtles vs Splinter story.

ToTheNines
07-23-2016, 02:48 PM
I've seen the cover and everything but I'm having a hard time understanding this. Maybe 'cause I'm still sluggish from a nap but... #56? Shouldn't it be #60-something? Or am I missing something here?

I'm assuming #66. Easy typo.

turtlefan27
07-23-2016, 02:49 PM

Good eye there

CyberCubed
Wyrm looks alright.

I am hoping we'd see Rahzar and maybe Tokka eventually.

ChosenOne
I'm assuming #66. Easy typo.

Most likely, though the cover itself that was shown at the panel is also numbered #56.

Ninjinister
07-23-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm into it. Maybe I can convince them. :D

Do it! :twink:

ChosenOne
07-23-2016, 02:53 PM
I really wanted to do the Christmas issue but the schedule didn't work out. :cry: Someday I'll fulfill my dream of doing a holiday special.

There's always Halloween, Sophie! :D

So if everything goes alright I worked out issue 100 could come out December 2019.

I'm betting a Turtles vs Splinter story.

Yes, please! That already sounds much better than the Dragon Warrior Shredder thing, there's been/will be actual setup, and actual tension, and it would be in line with IDW's ground-breaking #50. Something never before seen in the history of TMNT.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 02:53 PM
#100 doesn't come out till 2019...whoo boy. That's quite some time away.

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 02:55 PM
https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/status/756953748337930240

"The idea of a female Turtle is near & dear to my heart. But if we ever do it, we've gotta do it right." - Tom Waltz on #TMNT @IDWPublishing

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 02:56 PM
People really need to stop asking IDW to include a female Turtle. :roll:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-23-2016, 03:04 PM
So Wyrm in TMNTU, #66 Christmas story with Mike and April, and a likely introduction of Venus eventually down the road...? Did I miss anything? 'Cause that all sounds great.

Wait, is the poster book for TMNT ongoing or Nick TMNT comics?

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 03:10 PM
I would've preferred if they did an IDW version of Mona Lisa. :tgrin:

Sabacooza
07-23-2016, 03:20 PM
I would've preferred if they did an IDW version of Mona Lisa. :tgrin:Do not want.

bushido
07-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Venus...please no...:tcry:

4zLfCnGVeL4

degausser
07-23-2016, 03:31 PM
I won't buy any issues if they add a female turtle. Venus was a mistake to begin with imo.

Powder
07-23-2016, 03:35 PM
I would've preferred if they did an IDW version of Mona Lisa. :tgrin:

I thought you didn't even read these comics.

It's always people who don't support the thing in question that want changes.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 03:37 PM
There are always people at these conventions who ask both the writers of the Nick cartoon and IDW to bring in Venus or a female turtle...and I seriously can't understand why? Who are these people?

Did they even watch the Next Mutation?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-23-2016, 03:43 PM
You people are hopeless fanbabies.

If somebody as skilled and knowledgable as Bobby Curnow and Tom Waltz want to write a story with Venus de Milo in it, they'll find a way to do justice to the character and write a three-dimensional well-rounded interesting character.

Besides, it'll probably be a time-travel what-if alternate-universe type story.

Get your panties unwadded.

Ninjinister
07-23-2016, 04:12 PM

I remember someone mentioning the idea of her being from the future in Turtles in Time 4. That'd work.

The Happy One
07-23-2016, 04:31 PM
#100 doesn't come out till 2019...whoo boy. That's quite some time away.

Oof..mthat is a long ways away. But, I remember when #50 seemed like an eternity to wait for so...hopefully it'll fly by.

Christmas Special looks super cute! Like the cover:D So #66 will fall in...January? If im counting right. Yeah January.

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 04:44 PM
I remember someone mentioning the idea of her being from the future in Turtles in Time 4. That'd work.
If they did Venus as being from the future, it be funny if she turns out to be the Great Granddaughter of one of the Turtles. :tlol:

Harukuro
07-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Geez, why so much hate for even the idea of a girl turtle? I know you guys keep saying it's 'cause the show was awful, and I agree it was a bad show, but it's not like every version of TMNT has been a winner or that every version of a character has been amazing :ohwell:. Sometimes you can take a bad character idea and turn in into something great, and sometimes a great character can be badly written; that's just how it goes when it comes to adaptations. It's almost like there's some sort of double standard going on, I wonder why? :trolleye:

Anyway, I am excited for the special Alopex issue (are there any extra details about it?), and the Christmas issue looks adorable (Mikey in suspenders is too cute), and TMNT Universe continues to have my hype. Looking forward to reading more turtle! :tcool:

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Geez, why so much hate for even the idea of a girl turtle? I know you guys keep saying it's 'case the show was awful, and I agree it was a bad show, but it's not like every version of TMNT has been a winner or that every version of a character has been amazing :ohwell:. Sometimes you can take a bad character idea and turn in into something great, and sometimes a great character can be badly written; that's just how it goes when it comes to adaptations. It's almost like there's some sort of double standard going on, I wonder why? :trolleye:

Anyway, I am excited for the special Alopex issue (are there any extra details about it?), and the Christmas issue looks adorable (Mikey in suspenders is too cute), and TMNT Universe continues to have my hype. Looking forward to reading more turtle! :tcool:
True, the character can be something great if written and done very well.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-23-2016, 05:25 PM
Geez, why so much hate for even the idea of a girl turtle? I know you guys keep saying it's 'case the show was awful, and I agree it was a bad show, but it's not like every version of TMNT has been a winner or that every version of a character has been amazing :ohwell:. Sometimes you can take a bad character idea and turn in into something great, and sometimes a great character can be badly written; that's just how it goes when it comes to adaptations. It's almost like there's some sort of double standard going on, I wonder why? :trolleye:

Intelligence. Thank you for that. :tsmile:

myconius
07-23-2016, 05:38 PM

yeah, there's no need to turn the Tmnt into the Power Rangers.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 05:47 PM
I like that Wyrm is getting so much love. You can basically also pretend he's Bloodsucker from Mirage since they're basically the same character with a different name.

Powder
07-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Geez, why so much hate for even the idea of a girl turtle?

People don't want a 5th turtle, period.

oldmanwinters
07-23-2016, 07:00 PM

Perhaps it's because we all fancy imagining ourselves as "the fifth turtle."

:tcool:

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 07:14 PM
Technically she would be the 6th Turtle, since a lot of people consider Casey Jones as the 5th Turtle. :tgrin:

Harukuro
07-23-2016, 07:15 PM

But, wouldn't she be the sixth turtle? :-? I mean, Slash already exists in this comic, he is a mutant turtle and he has has his own unique bandanna and weapon, so why doesn't he count? (and before you say anything, yes I am aware he is not a "Ninja Turtle", but in many ways he still fits into the image of an mutant turtle in the IDW 'verse)

In all honestly all this talk about Venus is just proving what I already suspected; if there was a fifth turtle and he was a guy (i.e. like Kirby was planned to be) fans probably wouldn't make that make as much as a stink in comparison to if she was a woman (like Venus was). Not cool. :tgrumble:

Also, I never said I wanted Venus to become the "fifth turtle" to the IDW TMNT group. If anything I would prefer for this metaphorical Venus to be her own character with her own motivations and backstory. IDW 'verse Angel is VERY different from the two previous versions of her character, so why can't Venus? :tgrin:

TigerClaw
07-23-2016, 07:20 PM
I'm not really into Venus since I'm more of a Mona Lisa fan, I think she would be something that can work in IDW if they do it right.

Powder
07-23-2016, 07:32 PM
kdfg

You wanna not Tumblr this thread up?

Harukuro
07-23-2016, 07:43 PM
You wanna not Tumblr this thread up?

Seriously? I can accept you not agreeing with me, that's fine, but don't be immature about it, OK? (Also, I will take the Tumblr association as a compliment. :tgrin:)

Sophie Campbell
07-23-2016, 07:44 PM
I was about to bring up Slash but Harukuro beat me to it. I totally agree there's a double standard with regards to male and female turtle characters, though the attitude seems largely confined to male fans. It's weird sometimes how defensive people get about the idea. It sure didn't help that Venus's weird backstory was ill-conceived and the character so badly-written (but let's be honest EVERYONE on Next Mutation was badly-written, haha), but I don't think the idea or character in themselves are bad or not worthy of being good.

Anyway, personally I'm all for it!! If it does happen, I'll be banging down IDW's door to help out. :tsmile:

Powder
07-23-2016, 08:02 PM
People don't make a fuss about Slash because he's been around for decades. He was introduced as a villain, one very different to the TMNT (design aside, though that too varied). He made a few appearances, didn't conflict with anything, had a cool toy, that's it. Then there was Mighty Mutanimals, they were smart enough to keep things separate. He made the ultimate sacrifice, which earned him even more props from fans. That is a character who earned their stay. He works in the now for the same reasons + nostalgia + he's unobtrusive.

Venus or any other turtle are fine so long as they're a sideline character (granted it's a bit crowded already IMO). When she was introduced in TNM, part of what made people hate her so much was that her involvement completely changed the dynamic of the group. There was sexual tension, a change to their origins, breaks in the flow to allow her screen-time, she was a mary-sue whose inclusion was solely the fault of focus groups who thought females couldn't relate to male characters (or maybe they just wanted more toy sales). Nobody wants a repeat of that. Yeah, you could "do her justice", but she'd be an entiiiiirely different character, what point is there to that? It's slapping a name on something new to create controversy or cash-in. Do I think Venus deserves a second chance? Yeah, maybe, but in a limited capacity, & certainly not as part of the fab four (or five). Even as a member of MM, it'd be forced. & can/would IDW avoid the inevitable? You're not gonna have a girl mutant turtle around without one of the boys taking interest romantically. You ignore it altogether, it feels unrealistic. You run with it, & everyone but the shippers cringes. What's the appeal? By all means, tell me.

The turtles are an iconic group of four, I don't care "how well" you do a fifth turtle (not you as in you, Sophie, you know I've given props for Artemesia before), it's just not right. It may have potential in an elseworlds tale, dream sequence, story of Michelangelo's, or fan-works, but it's otherwise just gonna rustle jimmies. The team is classic, you don't shake that up lest you're in the habit of jumping sharks.

& it's not as if the IDW series is hard up for strong female characters, they've very clearly been showing that chicks kick ass & contribute to the turtles' efforts (or pose a threat to them). Where are the complaints about that? I'm not seeing any.

darthsmozers
07-23-2016, 08:25 PM
People don't make a fuss about Slash because he's been around for decades. He was introduced as a villain, one very different to the TMNT (design aside, though that too varied). He made a few appearances, didn't conflict with anything, had a cool toy, that's it. Then there was Mighty Mutanimals, they were smart enough to keep things separate. He made the ultimate sacrifice, which earned him even more props from fans. That is a character who earned their stay. He works in the now for the same reasons + nostalgia + he's unobtrusive.

Venus or any other turtle are fine so long as they're a sideline character (granted it's a bit crowded already IMO). When she was introduced in TNM, part of what made people hate her so much was that her involvement completely changed the dynamic of the group. There was sexual tension, a change to their origins, breaks in the flow to allow her screen-time, she was a mary-sue whose inclusion was solely the fault of focus groups who thought females couldn't relate to male characters (or maybe they just wanted more toy sales). Nobody wants a repeat of that. Yeah, you could "do her justice", but she'd be an entiiiiirely different character, what point is there to that? It's slapping a name on something new to create controversy or cash-in. Do I think Venus deserves a second chance? Yeah, maybe, but in a limited capacity, & certainly not as part of the fab four (or five). Even as a member of MM, it'd be forced. & can/would IDW avoid the inevitable? You're not gonna have a girl mutant turtle around without one of the boys taking interest romantically. You ignore it altogether, it feels unrealistic. You run with it, & everyone but the shippers cringes. What's the appeal? By all means, tell me.

The turtles are an iconic group of four, I don't care "how well" you do a fifth turtle (not you as in you, Sophie, you know I've given props for Artemesia before), it's just not right. It may have potential in an elseworlds tale, dream sequence, story of Michelangelo's, or fan-works, but it's otherwise just gonna rustle jimmies. The team is classic, you don't shake that up lest you're in the habit of jumping sharks.

& it's not as if the IDW series is hard up for strong female characters, they've very clearly been showing that chicks kick ass & contribute to the turtles' efforts (or pose a threat to them). Where are the complaints about that? I'm not seeing any.

THIS. Hard to see any male fan against female turtle bias... Maybe just a bias against Venus.

Sabacooza
07-23-2016, 08:41 PM
The inclusion of a female turtle also introduces the ability for them to reproduce. Part of what made TMNT what it is is them being unique, the last of their kind just like when April comes to that realisation in "Sons of the Silent Age".

myconius
07-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Slash isn't part of the 4 turtles and Splinter's immediate family.

if another Turtle is added to the immediate crew wether it be male of female, it might as well be named Oliver (Brady Bunch).

at that point just have the Turtles get on their water skies and JUMP right over Bludgeon.

Allio
07-23-2016, 11:35 PM

If somebody as skilled and knowledgable as Bobby Curnow and Tom Waltz want to write a story with Venus de Milo in it, they'll find a way to do justice to the character and write a three-dimensional well-rounded interesting character.

but the problem is that it messes with the appeal of the Turtles, that these four brothers are the only ones of their kind. that once they die, that's it. adding a female pretty much ruins "Sons of a silent Age" from their race's point of view.

remember, these turtles are suppose to "strike hard and fade away in the night" and that is what is suppose to happen, they are suppose to fade away from life. Remember, life at best is bitter sweet. it's a lesson the turtles have taught us.

also, we have had the turtles as a four man team for 30+ years now...sure, it wouldn't "White Shredder" bad, but it wouldn't be swept under the rug.

Commenter 42
07-23-2016, 11:44 PM
The inclusion of a female turtle also introduces the ability for them to reproduce. Part of what made TMNT what it is is them being unique, the last of their kind just like when April comes to that realisation in "Sons of the Silent Age".

Mutations and hybrids are sterile most of the time, so though they have sex organs, they probably wouldn't be fertile.

MikeandRaph87
07-24-2016, 12:05 AM
Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 6s
The next few issues will be setting up what's to come through issue #100!

Is it #65 instead of #56?

Utrommaniac
07-24-2016, 12:07 AM
WYRM is coming.

Ninja Pizza ‏@ninjapizza 54s
Nick Pitarra is bringing Wyrm into the IDW universe with the TMNT Universe title. http://fb.me/3pPtwJFQy

Under spoilers due to size

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoE3xR_UAAAqBuv.jpg
Who are the little friends on his back?

Sophie Campbell
07-24-2016, 12:07 AM
I love Sons of the Silent Age but that was Mirage TMNT, I don't know if any more mutants period would work with the tone set in those comics. But IDW TMNT is a different animal (lol) with a different tone and different set of rules. It could absolutely work. I like Cylons's optimism about the idea. :)

And the Turtles having sex with the female turtle isn't a foregone conclusion, it doesn't have to happen or even get brought up, it doesn't have to be written a certain way. Also depends on what the deal is with the other turtle mutant, like maybe she's related to them or something so they wouldn't want to get with their sibling/relative anyway.

Utrommaniac
07-24-2016, 12:20 AM
I would actually believe that the turtles are infertile because of their mutations. Not only because that's just how mutations usually work, but also because of the source of the mutation. Since Krang had started off wanting a mutant army, I would think he wouldn't want them breeding independently for fear of rebellion, like the Triceratons did (and even then, it never says if those can reproduce on their own or if the Utroms had to facilitate it). So he had the mutagen include infertility to prevent that from happening, among several other things.

On top of that, it would be one more topic of debate in the family. I'm sure Don - and maybe even Leo - would object to reproducing for moral reasons, ie "we couldn't give kids a fulfilling life like they deserve", "it's not fair to reproduce new mutants for genetic and ethical reasons x, y, z", "There's one female turtle and four of us; that's not fair to her and all the kids will be half siblings."

Redeemer
07-24-2016, 12:27 AM

Honestly I am neutral when it comes to Venus, but seeing what they did with Krang and the Neutrinos I would like to see a Venus story arc, but I don't think she should be a main stay character, maybe one from the future like others have mentioned.

This is what troubles me, but I also have this problem with the amount of mutants they have in the TMNT universe as well. It simply takes away the uniqueness of the turtles and splinter.

Sabacooza
07-24-2016, 12:29 AM
but the problem is that it messes with the appeal of the Turtles, that these four brothers are the only ones of their kind. that once they die, that's it. adding a female pretty much ruins "Sons of a silent Age" from their race's point of view.I must have an echo.

Zage
07-24-2016, 12:31 AM
I love Venus, I'd be happy, if she came into fruition, in the IDW-verse.

spookycookies
07-24-2016, 12:32 AM
This is what troubles me, but I also have this problem with the amount of mutants they have in the TMNT universe as well. It simply takes away the uniqueness of the turtles and splinter.

I think the Turtles and Splinter still stand out from other mutants who don't appear to have any sort of previous life they can recall.

Redeemer
07-24-2016, 12:56 AM
I think the Turtles and Splinter still stand out from other mutants who don't appear to have any sort of previous life they can recall.

For this incarnation you can make that case, but its not just IDW. Its really every TMNT universe especially the OT and Archie series.

Allio
07-24-2016, 01:05 AM
I love Sons of the Silent Age but that was Mirage TMNT, I don't know if any more mutants period would work with the tone set in those comics. But IDW TMNT is a different animal (lol) with a different tone and different set of rules. It could absolutely work. I like Cylons's optimism about the idea. :)

And the Turtles having sex with the female turtle isn't a foregone conclusion, it doesn't have to happen or even get brought up, it doesn't have to be written a certain way. Also depends on what the deal is with the other turtle mutant, like maybe she's related to them or something so they wouldn't want to get with their sibling/relative anyway.

It's not so much as a "foregone conclusion" as the mere fact that there is a possiblity that they could remove the threat of extinction.

As for "Sibling/relative" again, messes with the format that we have come to love about the turtles. 4 brothers + their adoptive father; that's really the only family that they need; it's worked for 30+ years, why break it?

Then again, I'm pissed that Ever After HIgh gave Cerise Hood a sister, EVEN THOUGH everything we know about Cerise points to her being an only child. I don't hate Ramona, but the fact that she shouldn't exist drives me insane; and I just can't accept her.

Yeah, I take my fictional families seriously.

Commenter 42
07-24-2016, 02:16 AM
Then again, I'm pissed that Ever After HIgh gave Cerise Hood a sister, EVEN THOUGH everything we know about Cerise points to her being an only child. I don't hate Ramona, but the fact that she shouldn't exist drives me insane; and I just can't accept her.

Don't we all? :lol::lol::lol:

Cryomancer
07-24-2016, 02:39 AM
Slash at this point in time has probably pretty much already filled in the "5th turtle" concept on every important level. Hell, is there anything even stating for sure that IDW Slash isn't a woman? There you go!

As far as Venus goes about the only way I could think to make her interesting would be in a post-multiverse reveal TMNT setting. Have it be the actual same Venus from next mutation, have her be some number of years older and aware of the multiverse situation, and her central character arc can be about how she appears to be the only Venus in an entire multiverse. She can meet dozens upon dozens of new versions of the turtles but never encounter another version of herself. A story about that concept could maybe go somewhere, but obviously having the multiverse awareness requires a lot of previous setup to work at all.

It's not so much as a "foregone conclusion" as the mere fact that there is a possiblity that they could remove the threat of extinction.

As for "Sibling/relative" again, messes with the format that we have come to love about the turtles. 4 brothers + their adoptive father; that's really the only family that they need; it's worked for 30+ years, why break it?

The 30+ year old TMNT family includes April, Casey, and Shadow as well at the very least!

Mayhem
07-24-2016, 04:16 AM
It sure didn't help that Venus's weird backstory was ill-conceived and the character so badly-written (but let's be honest EVERYONE on Next Mutation was badly-written, haha),
Yes, that certainly didn't help heh.

But it doesn't matter to me, male or female here, I'd prefer the group to remain at the four we know and love.

Powder
07-24-2016, 04:18 AM
S
As far as Venus goes about the only way I could think to make her interesting would be in a post-multiverse reveal TMNT setting. Have it be the actual same Venus from next mutation, have her be some number of years older and aware of the multiverse situation, and her central character arc can be about how she appears to be the only Venus in an entire multiverse. She can meet dozens upon dozens of new versions of the turtles but never encounter another version of herself. A story about that concept could maybe go somewhere, but obviously having the multiverse awareness requires a lot of previous setup to work at all.

I take it you've not yet read Odyssey. :D

Cryomancer
07-24-2016, 04:27 AM
I take it you've not yet read Odyssey. :D

I haven't! I think I read some stuff about it but probably forgot most of it already. That's cool if my dumb late night ideas were already successfully executed in some way.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-24-2016, 06:31 AM
Are some people serious in this thread?!

The TMNT reproducing in mirage has already blown it's 'tragedy' wad, with Mikey and Seri, and I'm guessing with their genetic compatibility, there is a whole race of aliens out there genetically compatible with the other brothers- two races maybe, since the triceritons are so similar to Seri's race. As long as aliens/mutants of any types are around, the 'unique/only of their kind' shtick doesn't work. The whole loneliness and isolation kind of went out the window, too, with Leo sleeping with radical in mirage, and the TMNT now being in the open with all the aliens on earth. The 4kids turtles having a whole circle of friends and surrogate family outside of April and Casey- From Renet to the justice force to leatherhead to Fugitoid to Usagi and Gen to everyone at that wedding... these guys are supposed to be isolated loners who didn't have an impact on things and faded away, right?

I think the Venus hate is half justified, Her being a fifth turtle that's a long-lost part of the family? Yeah that's stupid. But making her something else would work. Everyone does realize Venus could've easily been introduced in the OT, right? Without making her a mutant! I once wrote a fic making her an alien girl from one of the show's two turtle planets, who saw the turtles and became obsessed with them, then stole a ship to come to earth and be like her heroes- kind of a sakura from street fighter-type deal, with her obsessing over Leo the way Sakura obsessed over Ryu. I never published it just because of the hate I'd get just because 'Venus'.

I agree next mutation and that version of Venus sucked, but if the IDW crew wanted to do something with her, I'd be interested to see what they could do.

turtlefanforever
07-24-2016, 08:47 AM
they can have a female turtle but leave The next mutation characters alone.

snake
07-24-2016, 08:50 AM
I don't really care for a fifth turtle. Unless we're talking about a villain like Tokka or Slash, it reeks of desperation and lack of ideas.

plastroncafe
07-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Both the Nick Cartoon and IDW have done some amazing work retooling old characters to fit their needs. Now I have absolutely no love for Next Mutation or Venus, but firmly believe there's no such thing as a bad character...only a badly written character.

And while I wouldn't trust Nick to do a good Venus, I would trust IDW.

I'm bummed I missed this panel yesterday. Got stuck in another line elsewhere, so no notes...sorry Cylon.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Both the Nick Cartoon and IDW have done some amazing work retooling old characters to fit their needs. Now I have absolutely no love for Next Mutation or Venus, but firmly believe there's no such thing as a bad character...only a badly written character.

And while I wouldn't trust Nick to do a good Venus, I would trust IDW.

I'm bummed I missed this panel yesterday. Got stuck in another line elsewhere, so no notes...sorry Cylon.

That's all right; I agree with everything you just said. :twink:

spookycookies
07-24-2016, 01:28 PM
I can't wait to get a proper look at that Wyrm cover it looks great!

Coola Yagami
07-24-2016, 01:31 PM
Wow. I'm all for Venus in a cool and better-written way and the reasoning behind not bringing her back are all stupid. Forget the New Mutation. This would be an entirely new take on the character.

1. Noone said she had to be the 5th Turtle you small minded people with no imagination. Slash already beat her to it and he's not living with them. Venus could be on her own or join the Mutanimals or even be a bad guy. Hell, if Slash walked out on Hob, I'd say there's a new opening for a mutant turtle.

2. Last of their kind? Again, Slash. One thing in Mirage is that the ooze was a bizzare accident and very rare. It's not as easy to get or re-create as it is in other forms of media. If you want more turtles, you're not forced to have them bang females. Dump more ooze on more turtles. The existence of Slash throws any 'last of their kind' thing out the window. If you eventually add Tokka, that really does throw the 'last out of their kind' thing the hell out of here. This is probably why the Mirage comics never added any other mutant turtles, male or female, or any other mutants besides Leatherhead and Bloodsucker (and Bloodsucker was formed from ooze already existing in Raph's bloodstream, not a new batch). They are the last of their kind, not just because they can't reproduce, but also because there is no way to mutate another batch of turtles.

3. A lot of the characters have been updated or changed around. IDW isn't as bad as the Nickshow with 'they're the same in name only' thing, but Bebop and Rocksteady were not that strong or competent in the old cartoon, Slash was never a good guy in the old cartoon, nor was he meant to be despite the Archie comics. He's the evil Turtle from Dimension X, wasn't meant to be an anti-hero or anything, just flat out crazy and evil. Ray is very different from Man Ray. The Turtles themselves with their reincarnation backstory. Dun and the Street Phantoms in modern day instead of the future. Angel being older and much more of a useful fighter and basically the new Nobody. Hun being Casey's dad on Mutagen Steroids. I mean come now. It's not too big of a stretch of a well-written Venus, especially after Hun's example.

Coola Yagami
07-24-2016, 01:37 PM
I don't really care for a fifth turtle. Unless we're talking about a villain like Tokka or Slash, it reeks of desperation and lack of ideas.

The thing is, she doesn't have to be a fifth turtle. Slash is now a good guy and even then he still didn't move in with the turtles to become the 5th member. Tokka would be more of a desperation and lack of ideas since they kinda made Slash a mix between himself and Tokka, unless they recreate Tokka very differently from before.

MikeandRaph87
07-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Is there a stream of the panel that occurred this weekend?:)

ChosenOne
07-24-2016, 04:03 PM
I guess amid all the Venus discussion, everyone pretty much overlooked a very important detail in this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/FC1bJMs.jpg

Those are the Turtles, Slash and the other seven Mutanimals in the top right corner, with the whole thing looking like a HUD or targeting system currently aimed at Slash. Are they being hunted down? By Dark Water or Bishop and the EPF, maybe?

Most of the images shown at the Con were upcoming covers, maybe this one is too?

And why isn't Splinter one of the targets? Hmm...

Also, a completely unrelated question: do we know if "Chasing Phantoms" is a 3-parter or a 4-parter arc?

CyberCubed
07-24-2016, 04:18 PM
Bishop hunting down all the rogue mutants makes sense. Most TMNT canons have a "humans against mutants" arc so I wouldn't be surprised. Would be funny if Dirk Savage makes a cameo.

snake
07-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Bishop hunting down all the rogue mutants makes sense. Most TMNT canons have a "humans against mutants" arc so I wouldn't be surprised. Would be funny if Dirk Savage makes a cameo.

Dirk Savage and Bonesteel are working for Dark Water

MikeandRaph87
07-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Dirk Savage and Bonesteel are working for Dark Water

Dirk Savage actually would fit the mold. Winters gets too in over his head wanting to do it himself knowing he is the best agent and Savage ends up having to be the one to shut down Megavolt after an accident or an experiment which Winters volunteers for makes him go made as a mutant. Despite everything Savage impresses Bishop who makes him his official bounty hunter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-24-2016, 05:16 PM
I guess amid all the Venus discussion, everyone pretty much overlooked a very important detail in this picture:

Those are the Turtles, Slash and the other seven Mutanimals in the top right corner, with the whole thing looking like a HUD or targeting system currently aimed at Slash. Are they being hunted down? By Dark Water or Bishop and the EPF, maybe?

Most of the images shown at the Con were upcoming covers, maybe this one is too?

Also, a completely unrelated question: do we know if "Chasing Phantoms" is a 3-parter or a 4-parter arc?

Aw yeah... get 'em, Bishop. GET THOSE STINKIN' MUTIES!!!

ChosenOne
07-24-2016, 05:19 PM
Oh! Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I think I just noticed another big detail in this picture. What's that in the background? Doesn't look like whatever ground Slash is standing on. No, it looks like water. What color is it? That's right. Dark Water.

Like I said, I may be reading too much into it, but it's an otherwise odd feature that sticks out far too much not to mean anything.

Utrommaniac
07-24-2016, 06:09 PM
Santolouco was posting full images of the mutants in that picture, during the countdown. If Bishop is involved, he probably has something for the Mutanimals in particular, since they're the ones posing a current threat. Or at least just Hob.

corvus
07-24-2016, 10:17 PM
It'd be awesome if someone could make a thread with all the reveals from comic con. Not everyone has time to sift through the comments of this one.

ChosenOne
07-24-2016, 10:37 PM
It'd be awesome if someone could make a thread with all the reveals from comic con. Not everyone has time to sift through the comments of this one.

Going straight to the chase, no pictures or anything:

- The next few issues will set up what's to come through issue #100
- Tom Waltz said Splinter is as much a father to the Turtles as he now is to the Foot Clan (uh oh...)
- Mateus Santolouco returns for a special Christmas issue (the number was given as #56 but that's obviously not right, so it's either #65 or #66)
- Some art by Santolouco featuring the Mutanimals (and the Turtles?) was shown
- Sophie Campbell will be drawing a special Alopex issue
- Nick Pitarra will be drawing an issue of Universe that introduces IDW Wyrm
- All TMNT Universe issues will have a 4-page backup story
- The TMNT board game will be available in September or October, and there are 3 years of expansions planned for it
- Tom Waltz said there are no plans to introduce IDW Venus in the near future

It's possible I'm missing something as I wasn't there and all my info is second-hand, but I do believe this is the crux of it.

For pictures and better coverage, go here (https://www.facebook.com/NinjaPizza/?fref=nf).

Roseangelo
07-25-2016, 12:31 AM
So, to perhaps cull a bit of the Venus talk. Tom never said they were entertaining the idea of introducing Venus. All of his talk was about the idea of a female turtle. I think if it ever happens, it won't be Venus specifically.

Allio
07-25-2016, 05:09 AM
I think the 5 we have is plenty, it's like Sentai

The Four turtles - the core sentai team
Slash - the "extra" heroe (like Dekamaster)

They only thing we don't have is
6th ranger (which again, would bring a new member into the core 4; which I don't think we need)

and 'Evil Ranger" (which I don't know if we need this, since Slash had already filled the quota)

Harukuro
07-25-2016, 06:12 AM

I think your theory is correct, i.e. Dark Water hunting the mutants. Santolouco had close ups of the "target" images on his Tumblr and Instagram which, in retrospect, were probably leading up to this image.

I think Splinter isn't included because, as far as well know, Dark Water has been focusing it's attention on the Mutanimals. They probably know about the TMNT through Mikey's brief alliance with the team or following Mikey during the month he was homeless. That would explain why Alopex is also not on the list of mutants.

It looks like Santolouco is changing his design for Slash to something more simplified (i.e. less details like ridges and spikes on his face, arms and legs, the shape of his face looks different too). While I can understand why he changed it (Slash always looked like one of the more difficult characters to draw) I will miss his original character design.

And speaking of Slash, if this cover is any indication of what will happen next it looks like he will be attacked when he is still on the water. Poor guy; he leaves the Mutanimals because he wants some freedom and independence, only to run into a group that will most likely try to take that all away from him. Can't the big guy catch one break in his life? :tcry:

That being said, I am excited to see where all of this is leading too. We've had some great story arcs leading up to issue #50, so I have full confidence that what's leading up to issue #100 is going to be awesome too. :tcool:

ChosenOne
07-25-2016, 06:28 AM
I think your theory is correct, i.e. Dark Water hunting the mutants. Santolouco had close ups of the "target" images on his Tumblr and Instagram which, in retrospect, were probably leading up to this image.

I think Splinter isn't included because, as far as well know, Dark Water has been focusing it's attention on the Mutanimals. They probably know about the TMNT through Mikey's brief alliance with the team or following Mikey during the month he was homeless. That would explain why Alopex is also not on the list of mutants.

It looks like Santolouco is changing his design for Slash to something more simplified (i.e. less details like ridges and spikes on his face, arms and legs, the shape of his face looks different too). While I can understand why he changed it (Slash always looked like one of the more difficult characters to draw) I will miss his original character design.

And speaking of Slash, if this cover is any indication of what will happen next it looks like he will be attacked when he is still on the water. Poor guy; he leaves the Mutanimals because he wants some freedom and independence, only to run into a group that will most likely try to take that all away from him. Can't the big guy catch one break in his life? :tcry:

That being said, I am excited to see where all of this is leading too. We've had some great story arcs leading up to issue #50, so I have full confidence that what's leading up to issue #100 is going to be awesome too. :tcool:

I had a look at Santolouco's Facebook hours after I posted my theory and the close-ups look pretty nifty too. As per usual. If this does indeed turn out to be an arc in the main title or in Universe, I guess it means he will be back for art duties.

The whole thing gives me a vibe not unlike the X-Men's X-Tinction Agenda crossover from the 90's, which was my very first exposure to the X-Men after the animated series, so I have to say I like it.

I do believe you're right about who Dark Water has been monitoring and why certain other characters are absent from the target list. There must've been a catalyst for this mutant hunt, though, and it must've happened sometime before Mikey paid the Mutanimals a visit. I would hazard a guess that the big brawl with Bebop and Rocksteady vs everyone (#40) might've been it, but then Splinter and Alopex, not to mention the psycho safari twins, would be part of the list too for sure... As well as Leatherhead considering they've been monitoring Burnow. But I imagine we'll get out answers in due time.

It would be a hoot to watch those poor clueless suckers at Dark Water try to round up Bebop and Rocksteady, that's for sure!

ticktack
07-25-2016, 08:21 AM
Well, I don't know what to add for Venus or another OC female character, what is discussed is discussed, I'm fine with it. Though I think you can do Mona Lisa having ... turtle hints and such. I.E. Y'Gythgba's aka Mona 2012 version's armor tells someting, right?, not necessarily be recognised by the characters of the show.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Just checked Santolouco's Instagram... loving how he draws Seymour, Sally, and Ray. Best depictions of them yet. :tcool:

Not a fan of the simplified Slash look, though.

ticktack
07-25-2016, 08:42 AM
In 2003 series H.A.T.E. and Abigail Finn were also on hunt for aliens or mythical creatures. (In that series I also remember and liked Nano's creator, Nano too.)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 08:44 AM
So if Santolouco is doing a mutants/Bishop story, I'm guessing that we first get introduced to Bishop and company in TMNT Universe, and then immediately after Chasing Phantoms, the "mutant hunt" story shifts back to the ongoing. It gives even more visibility to TMNTU when the ongoing comic says, "Hey guys, if you missed Bishop's introduction, go check out the totally kickass new series TMNT Universe!"

Maximize the visibility of the new series and make sure casual readers realize they need to keep up with both series. Makes sense.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 08:46 AM
To add to that, gonna assume "Chasing Phantoms" is a four-part story arc, covering #61-64, and the Christmas Special we saw will be #65.

MikeandRaph87
07-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Can someone post a coll3ction of images to this Christmas special youball are meanimg? I want to see the panel,but have yet to see anything beyond the Slash centered image. Sorry,over eager and cant find much.

The Happy One
07-25-2016, 01:34 PM
To add to that, gonna assume "Chasing Phantoms" is a four-part story arc, covering #61-64, and the Christmas Special we saw will be #65.

Oh, I thought the Christmas Special was #66, but I could be mistaken. #65 falls in December so that makes sense.

Yeah, I think the Phantoms arc will be three to four issues- though they do set up for #100 so it could last longer than that with a Christmas Special as like...an interlude? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine

ChosenOne
07-25-2016, 02:01 PM
Can someone post a coll3ction of images to this Christmas special youball are meanimg? I want to see the panel,but have yet to see anything beyond the Slash centered image. Sorry,over eager and cant find much.

It's all here (https://www.facebook.com/NinjaPizza/photos).

Starting in the second row of images (as of the time of this posting) are a bunch of pics from the panel, including the cover for the Christmas special.

MikeandRaph87
07-25-2016, 08:21 PM
Awesome! So Wyrm enters IDW. I am curious what can be done with him. Aside from that it appears that the animated version of a Batman crossover and a Christmas issue. Anything I missed?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Awesome! So Wyrm enters IDW. I am curious what can be done with him. Aside from that it appears that the animated version of a Batman crossover and a Christmas issue. Anything I missed?

An Alopex special issue...

MikeandRaph87
07-25-2016, 08:33 PM
An Alopex special issue...

Oh,a one-shot not a string of character focused like the micro-series before?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Oh,a one-shot not a string of character focused like the micro-series before?

That's our understanding. A single issue, no doubt in TMNTU. Possibly the ongoing.

ChosenOne
07-25-2016, 08:57 PM
So for the next 6-8 months what we have to look forward to is Kitsune finally (possibly? maybe?) getting her game plan rolling, Alopex being freed from her mind control and going back to Alaska (if this stand-alone issue is part of the main title, then it'll either take place before or after the Christmas issue; otherwise it might be in Universe and I have no clue), the Turtles questioning their place with the Foot and delivering a major blow to the Street Phantoms (but I doubt we'll have seen the last of Dunn), the Turtles' first run in with Bishop and the EPF plus the return of Stockman (I just figured out that Bishop is probably after good ol' Baxter because he's the only person in the world familiar with the inner workings of the Technodrome) to kick off Universe, Wyrm, the special Christmas issue (Klunk! please bring in Klunk!), and possibly a new arc where the Turtles, Slash and the Mutanimals are being hunted by Dark Water.

Phew! And this is on top of all the stuff we don't know!

MikeandRaph87
07-25-2016, 09:10 PM
That's our understanding. A single issue, no doubt in TMNTU. Possibly the ongoing.

Oh, not a special a one issue story within a title and yes I agree it would be TMNT Universe.

Utrommaniac
07-25-2016, 09:13 PM
I do wonder (and would like) if they had a new set of micro series for the other establishing characters.

Like a set for Harold, Angel, Slash, and Ma'riell
and a set for Harold's-Yet-To-Be-Established Ex, Bishop, Null, and Ch'rell.

Just some little things to elaborate further what the main series doesn't, just as the first sets did.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 09:13 PM
So for the next 6-8 months what we have to look forward to is Kitsune finally (possibly? maybe?) getting her game plan rolling, Alopex being freed from her mind control and going back to Alaska (if this stand-alone issue is part of the main title, then it'll either take place before or after the Christmas issue; otherwise it might be in Universe and I have no clue), the Turtles questioning their place with the Foot and delivering a major blow to the Street Phantoms (but I doubt we'll have seen the last of Dunn), the Turtles' first run in with Bishop and the EPF plus the return of Stockman (I just figured out that Bishop is probably after good ol' Baxter because he's the only person in the world familiar with the inner workings of the Technodrome) to kick off Universe, Wyrm, the special Christmas issue (Klunk! please bring in Klunk!), and possibly a new arc where the Turtles, Slash and the Mutanimals are being hunted by Dark Water.

Phew! And this is on top of all the stuff we don't know!

No kidding. It's probably going to take a full calendar year to run through all of that stuff... I WANT IT ALL NOW!!! :trazz:

ChosenOne
07-25-2016, 10:06 PM
Oh, and I think a recent letters column also confirmed we will be seeing Null again before the year is out! :D

Sophie Campbell
07-25-2016, 10:13 PM
The Alopex issue is in the ongoing, it's issue #66. :) It's not technically a special issue, it's still part of the main story, it just focuses on her.

CyberCubed
07-25-2016, 10:16 PM
The Alopex issue is in the ongoing, it's issue #66. :) It's not technically a special issue, it's still part of the main story, it just focuses on her.

Interesting. So I suppose the Christmas issue is...well...December's issue?

ChosenOne
07-25-2016, 10:20 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, Sophie! :)

Interesting. So I suppose the Christmas issue is...well...December's issue?

Yep, safe to assume #65 (December) is the Christmas special. That makes "Chasing Phantoms" a four-parter.

Utrommaniac
07-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Why do I have a sense of foreboding???

Zage
07-26-2016, 12:59 AM
I think that it'd be cool to see a few more micro series issues, based of characters that haven't had one, yet. To see their story.

CyberCubed
07-26-2016, 01:13 AM
Yep, safe to assume #65 (December) is the Christmas special. That makes "Chasing Phantoms" a four-parter.

Quite a lot of screentime for the Street Phantoms, I always imagined them being more secondary. Hopefully we get to see what the deal with Darius is.

MikeandRaph87
07-26-2016, 04:19 PM

Thank you for clarifying the Alopex story's placement.

Ninjinister
07-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Quite a lot of screentime for the Street Phantoms, I always imagined them being more secondary. Hopefully we get to see what the deal with Darius is.

Screentime...?

Wuh

ProphetofGanja
07-26-2016, 04:33 PM
I do wonder (and would like) if they had a new set of micro series for the other establishing characters.

Like a set for Harold, Angel, Slash, and Ma'riell
and a set for Harold's-Yet-To-Be-Established Ex, Bishop, Null, and Ch'rell.

Just some little things to elaborate further what the main series doesn't, just as the first sets did.

I'd have to vote 'no' on Ma'riell; she only just popped up in the story and there are other characters more deserving of some fleshing-out. Also, I suspect that Null may in fact be Harold's Ex, because she needs some kind of deeper connection to the main series. Of course, that will only work if she turns out to be a human who's undergone extensive elective body-modification. She could turn out to be another extradimensional-being. But yes Harold, Angel, Slash, they all definitely need some one-shots or micros or whatever you wanna call 'em.

Screentime...?

Wuh

"paneltime" just doesn't flow off the tongue as well. its just one of those things, like calling all tissues "kleenex" or all soda "coke". deal with it! :lol:

Utrommaniac
07-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Except that Ma'riell was first established in #50, at least just by name, and seems is responsible for preserving the Hamato DNA. While she was just established, she certainly has a lot more importance down the road that would be connected to that. She has a pretty major role in the turtles' existence.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-07-26%20at%206.23.33%20PM_zps2pvmvuwe.png

Still, that could be explained in flashback in the main series.

Sophie Campbell
07-26-2016, 05:52 PM
"paneltime" just doesn't flow off the tongue as well. its just one of those things, like calling all tissues "kleenex" or all soda "coke". deal with it! :lol:

I always say pagetime. ;)

Ninjinister
07-26-2016, 10:22 PM

I don't think I've ever heard anybody say "screentime" for something that wasn't, y'know... ON A SCREEN before just now.

Plus paneltime and pagetime both sound appropriate and equally so. In fact, they do sound better than "screentime" as words as a whole

(Also who the eff calls all soda coke?)

Utrommaniac
07-27-2016, 07:19 AM
z-LIEGqJdRc

(Also, I think it's a Midwestern thing)

ProphetofGanja
07-27-2016, 08:13 AM
z-LIEGqJdRc

:lol: :lol: :lol:
can't wait for the reboot to hit netflix

Mayhem
07-27-2016, 09:20 AM
It's a southern thing. I encountered it the first time I went to Georgia!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/soda-vs-pop_n_2103764.html

ToTheNines
07-27-2016, 10:19 AM
z-LIEGqJdRc

Midwesterners say "pop". Using "coke" as a catchall is a Louisiana thing.

Technogeek29
07-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Midwesterners say "pop". Using "coke" as a catchall is a Louisiana thing.

In my part of Texas we say Drink the confusion comes from the fact you could either mean alcohol or soda.

MikeandRaph87
07-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Do we have the panel from SDCC up on Youtube yet?

funatic
07-27-2016, 10:04 PM

Alopex being freed from her mind control and going back to Alaska

Sophie, if the Alopex issue does, in fact, see her return to Alaska and you (or Tom if he's reading!) have any questions about Fairbanks, I'd be happy to answer a PM! I loved seeing my hometown represented in her micro! . . . though the polar bear that far south in Alaska could've used some fact-checking. :trazz: I've personally retconned it into an albino grizzly. :tcool: