PDA

View Full Version : Who would be a better fit for TMNT to own? DC or Marvel?

LeotheLateBloomer
07-13-2016, 05:02 PM
Hypothetically, if Viacom decides to sell TMNT, would you rather the property be sold to DC or Marvel?

Edit: I meant "Who would be a better fit to own TMNT?"

Etsyturtle2
07-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Marvel

-----------
-------
-----------
\llllllllllll###*****))()--

---------------%%
,,,,,,,,,,, ""

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Marvel. Just merge Guardians of the Galaxy's fun and humor with Daredevil's grit and street-level action, and voila! TMNT badassery.

snake
07-13-2016, 05:22 PM
IDW.

10characters

Leolead
07-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Marvel

ToTheNines
07-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Warner Brothers pays reviewers, so DC.

Cryomancer
07-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Marvel, so TMNT can finally just be the Daredevil side story it always wanted to be.

Cipher
07-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Dark Horse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 08:08 PM
I believe we were talking movies, as this is in the Platinum Dunes section.

If comics, then keep it with IDW. but Marvel Studios is a better choice over Warner Brothers and DC.

The Deadman
07-13-2016, 08:20 PM
MARVEL

*needs 10 characters*

Commenter 42
07-13-2016, 08:28 PM
Marvel. Just merge Guardians of the Galaxy's fun and humor with Daredevil's grit and street-level action, and voila! TMNT badassery.

YES. This is correct.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 08:33 PM
The thing is, love or hate either studio's offerings, it's inarguable:

Marvel has succeeded, DC has yet to yield the same results.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Jessica Jones. Ant-Man. Captain America. All household names; all huge successes.

Superman. Batman. Household names. Hotly debated products.

Powder
07-13-2016, 08:38 PM
I'd take a Marvel film over a Platinum Dunes one any day, but I really don't want Marvel anywhere near the TMNT. So my vote went to DC. I think they'd lean in favor of the original comics (or 4kids series at least), whereas Marvel would make a quippy OT romp.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-13-2016, 08:57 PM
I'd take a Marvel film over a Platinum Dunes one any day, but I really don't want Marvel anywhere near the TMNT. So my vote went to DC. I think they'd lean in favor of the original comics (or 4kids series at least), whereas Marvel would make a quippy OT romp.

I didn't consider that... you make a good point.

TheSkeletonMan939
07-13-2016, 09:59 PM
So long as it's less like Avengers 2 and more like Daredevil, I'm game.

TrickOrTreater
07-13-2016, 11:11 PM
Marvel.

And they could have a small audio cameo in Daredevil where he hears one of them talk about the Foot or Shredder or pizza when Daredevil listens at the top of a building.

Etsyturtle2
07-13-2016, 11:18 PM
Marvel.

And they could have a small audio cameo in Daredevil where he here's one of them talk about the Foot or Shredder or pizza when Daredevil listens at the top of a building.

Ah yes! If that daredevil- origin was finally official...

LeoRaph
07-14-2016, 12:19 AM
DC.

With the exception of Deadpool I believe Marvel wont take TMNT as far as it can go where as DC can do the near impossible and bring TMNT into the adult thinking world and who knows even be taken seriously.

Movie successes aside DC do Gritty, Broody, Edgy and Darker better where 'Life is at Best Bitter Sweet' will feel right at home with them. Like Powder, I don't believe Disney will be able to completely Unkiddify their TMNT and they sure as hell won't Deadpool it either which they Should do IF they get it.

I think if we want a 180 and pardon the expression to make 'a Batman Begins out of a Batman and Robin' then DC will do exactly that. Marvel I feel will Change it to something more complex sure as they've proven they can do Serious Dramatic themes well but it won't be THAT Much of a Change in Tone. DC Will Completely Change the Tone 100%.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-16-2016, 07:36 PM

Yes, this exactly! This would be my dream TMNT, and might even get me to start reading Marvel books again. (I dropped off almost completely after OMIT- the straw that broke the Spider-camel's back for me....)

YES. This is correct.

Heh, glad to see we agree, 42!

TurtleGuy
07-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Marvel.

I dunno why, but I feel like they'd be a more natural fit in the Marvel Universe whereas they'd feel out of place in the DC world.

That and I'd finally get the Spider-Man/TMNT crossover I've always wanted.

snake
07-17-2016, 12:10 AM
In terms of movies?

DC.

The marvel produced one would have that bland ass atmosphere, quips, wink wink nudge nudge moments to the fans, more quips, and a forgettable villain.

BvS was KINO! K I N O!

neatoman
07-17-2016, 03:59 AM
Well technically (from what I understand) DC just makes comic books, Warner Brothers makes movies based on those comics but anyone at DC has very little say in how those movies end up. So really this is more a question wheter or not TMNT fits better with a distinct subsidiary of the Walt Disney company or under shell brand name of Warner Brothers Inc, basically just Disney or WB.

thundermaster612
07-18-2016, 10:02 AM
I would say Warner Brothers but DC has them make their movies so... DC?