PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they would try to kill off another character?

thundermaster612
07-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Since Nick killed Splinter off but then had him be saved by the turtles thus making him live, do you think another character would be killed off? Permanently? I think if they were to do it they should go with Karai. I did used to want Splinter to stay dead but now when I look at it I see a couple things wrong with it. But those wrongs have rights within them so I wouldn't mind Splinter dying again but I doubt they will do that. I think they should go with Karai if they do it again because Splinter and Shredder both want her and it would be interesting to see everyone's reactions to it. It would affect the plot but not in a way that it could not continue properly. I still wonder what would happen if they killed a turtle off. They did in IDW but that was temporary. If a turtle were to die they could keep him in a stasis trying to heal him until the end of the series/villain death where he wakes up after/before villain death or just dies? I don't know. But do you think they will try to kill off somebody? and hopefully for good? and mention who you think it might be. Also if Karai were to die at least keep her around as a human for a while having her live with the turtles more. Just so we can see how it is.

(EDIT: AND I MEAN GOOD GUY CHARACTERS. NOT SHREDDER OR THE KRAANG OR ANY VILLAINS, THEY CAN DIE NO EFFECT WITH THE GOOD GUYS)

retr0pia75
07-14-2016, 09:04 AM
I think Karai getting killed off holds a great amount of dramatic potential. I'd say go with it if the higher-ups at Nick allow it.
As for a character that I think is on the chopping block, I'd go with Kirby. Seeing as how the writers like to constantly separate him from April under some circumstance (Getting hit by a can of mutagen, getting sucked into a black hole, etc.), something tells me that it won't be long until they decide to just off him for good.

Aaronardo
07-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Nah. Splinter's gonna bite it again and we're all gonna see it coming when they bring him back.

neatoman
07-14-2016, 10:45 AM
They don't have the balls to kill off any characters.

TurtleTitan97
07-14-2016, 10:50 AM
They don't have the balls to kill off any characters.

They killed off Zog though. And unless he's coming back anytime soon, Rat King is looking pretty dead at the moment.

Splinter the boss
07-14-2016, 11:16 AM
No, I do not think they would try to kill off another character. I just don't see who would fit to be killed off.

The Happy One
07-14-2016, 11:22 AM
They killed off Zog though. And unless he's coming back anytime soon, Rat King is looking pretty dead at the moment.

True...but any major charcters...I'm not so sure.

They might pull of the whole IDW 44 thing, but I'm sure we'll see it coming episodes before- like a build up or something.

Or, since this show loves the element of surprise, we may not see it coming.

But, I doubt they'd keep it permanent. Maybe a few episodes, if not half the series.

Splinter the boss
07-14-2016, 11:30 AM
This isn't going to sound well...but I somehow believe there is a minor chance that Zog might still be alive.
Seriously, the guy shows up for one or maybe two episodes(been a while since I rewatched episodes), then he's dead. How ridiculous!

GoldMutant
07-14-2016, 01:12 PM
They killed off Zog though.

This isn't going to sound well...but I somehow believe there is a minor chance that Zog might still be alive.
Seriously, the guy shows up for one or maybe two episodes(been a while since I rewatched episodes), then he's dead. How ridiculous!

Splinter, it is one episode he appears in, his own debut Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers! in terms of that. Zog's fate is death in TMNT lore; regardless, yes due to the time shift he's possibly alive. It's either Revenge of the Triceratons, The Ever-Burning Fire, or Earth's Last Stand that mentioned him being alive on his mission. He may be dead, but if the timeline is going back into business, he'll return. Otherwise, expect him to be dead.

Anyways, considering the series the only characters I can think of that can die are Shredder by a series finale possibly, Mutagen Man if Roger Craig Smith doesn't return, and Kirby if he's going to never be more than a scapegoat. Otherwise, I don't think they're going to kill off anymore characters at this time, especially if the human vs mutant arc is going to have many mutants, but if it wants to kill off characters for no reason, it could happen there. Either way, no I don't think killing off a character is worth the effort if they'll return regardless, Zog and Fugitoid the only exceptions unless something occurs.

retr0pia75
07-14-2016, 01:18 PM
You know, speaking of Mutagen Man/Timothy...what the heck ever happened to him? Did the Turtles just forget about him or something?

victory_angel
07-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Nick likes its dramatic endings with the season finales. So yes we are likely to see a character get seriously injured and put out of commission for a time.
However, I don't feel the person on the chopping block can't be Leo or Splinter again.
I know Leo is noble and sacrifices himself to save his family from danger. And Splinter has that vendetta with the Shredder.

Splinter and Leo have had their run of death and near death experiences and it's already become as pointless as a superhero funeral.

Though the series doesn't always have to resort to brutally maiming or killing its characters. For example, there are hints of there being a Dark April further on in the season or possibly next. Shredder feels that Karai has been taken from him by the Turtles and Splinter.

At this time as far as we can tell, Shredder assumes that April is just an insignificant girl who is being trained as a ninja for some reason. But the Shredder also chooses his hench men through how useful they are to him. So if he learns April is a Psychic, he could begin to see some use in her. And since he believes Karai has been taken from him, he may feel it's justifiable to take April from them.

You know, speaking of Mutagen Man/Timothy...what the heck ever happened to him? Did the Turtles just forget about him or something?

It's more like they've had other priorities that put Timmy on the back burner. The only legitimate time they've had to return him to human was during Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockmen. After all Donnie had said he made two doses, one for Kirby, and one for Splinter. When offered the possibility of having his humanity restored Splinter just says "Save Kirby, and I'll think about it."

"I'll think about it." Is a passive agressive way of saying "No, I am not interested." in the Japanese language. And if Stockman hadn't interfeared they would have given the other dose to Mutagen Man by defalt.

But following Lonely Mutation it's been "We have retromutagen, but Karai needs it more. We'll save Timothy with the next batch." Or "We have retromutagen, but the people of the city need it more. We'll cure him with the next batch."

We know that super retromutagen that Mikey accidentally made could make retromutagen in seconds. But we don't know what retromutagen itself would be like in contact with regular mutagen and I wouldn't be suprised if it was a reaction that was similar to matter and antimatter coliding.

IndigoErth
07-14-2016, 03:57 PM
If anyone... Shredder, once Nick is done with him. (Heck, they already killed the 'tongue' clone of him on that one mutant monster...)

Though Karai is a lot darker option. However, as long as they return to her story I think it's more likely that they'll probably eventually cure her (or at the very least cure her to the extent that she gets her brains back together, can control her mutation and be herself most of the time). And therein either be back with her real father or, since he may not want her having to live where they do, return to Japan to live with extended family for the remainder of her youth and leave the series.

Then make a second series as a continuation where all the characters are older and Karai moves back to NYC as a young adult.

Splinter the boss
07-15-2016, 09:18 AM
If anyone... Shredder, once Nick is done with him. (Heck, they already killed the 'tongue' clone of him on that one mutant monster...)

Though Karai is a lot darker option. However, as long as they return to her story I think it's more likely that they'll probably eventually cure her (or at the very least cure her to the extent that she gets her brains back together, can control her mutation and be herself most of the time). And therein either be back with her real father or, since he may not want her having to live where they do, return to Japan to live with extended family for the remainder of her youth and leave the series.

Then make a second series as a continuation where all the characters are older and Karai moves back to NYC as a young adult.
It would be nice that way. It would be heartwarming when they would reunite in the second series and would fight crime as a team.

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 08:10 PM
It would be nice that way. It would be heartwarming when they would reunite in the second series and would fight crime as a team.

Lord Dregg's return? Anybody?

DevilSpooky
07-16-2016, 02:33 AM
Season 5 will go all mystic right? I can see Karai dieing and the brothers fighting against the Shinigami to get her soul back. Splinter or April are good candidates as well, but killing off Splinter again would just seem desperate on their part. Or alternativelly I can see Shredder bitting the dust only to be revived by the Shinigami forcing the brothers to fight her so he can be put down for good.

TMNTInsighter
07-16-2016, 06:20 AM
No I don't.

Etsyturtle2
07-16-2016, 09:29 AM
No I don't.

Dont what?

TMNTInsighter
07-16-2016, 12:39 PM
Dont what?

I don't think they'll kill off another character...except maybe Shredder when we near the end. I'm not so presumptuous that because this series is willing to push the bar once in a while that I can expect another death--at least that of a good person outside Tang Shen really. After all, Batman TAS and Gargoyles (both of which I have every episode on DVD) had a dark edge to them, were ambitious series', and are still well regarded to this day but they hardly killed anyone (not even the Joker could kill his would be targets). They still had the presence of mind to remember their target audiences and this TMNT series has even tighter BS&P rules than those two series'.

victory_angel
07-16-2016, 02:47 PM
I don't think they'll kill off another character...except maybe Shredder when we near the end. I'm not so presumptuous that because this series is willing to push the bar once in a while that I can expect another death--at least that of a good person outside Tang Shen really. After all, Batman TAS and Gargoyles (both of which I have every episode on DVD) had a dark edge to them, were ambitious series', and are still well regarded to this day but they hardly killed anyone (not even the Joker could kill his would be targets). They still had the presence of mind to remember their target audiences and this TMNT series has even tighter BS&P rules than those two series'.

I can't speak for BTA but in Gargoyles there were character deaths. But most often the character deaths were implied not really spoken of. Such as the Captain of the Guard and Haken the Viking falling off a cliff to certain doom.

The most adult episode of that show was the episode where Broadway was playing with Elisa's gun and it accidently goes off. That's the most powerful episode IMHO because it appropriately illustrated that firearms are not playthings, and people could seriously hurt as a result.

Vicky82
07-16-2016, 03:29 PM
I can't speak for BTA but in Gargoyles there were character deaths. But most often the character deaths were implied not really spoken of. Such as the Captain of the Guard and Haken the Viking falling off a cliff to certain doom.

The most adult episode of that show was the episode where Broadway was playing with Elisa's gun and it accidently goes off. That's the most powerful episode IMHO because it appropriately illustrated that firearms are not playthings, and people could seriously hurt as a result.

Yep Deadly Force, Elisa nearly dies and you actually see her go into cardiac arrest and then the doctors restart her heart.

In Hunter's Moon Angela is injured badly and stops breathing later but luckily Elisa uses CPR on her.

The Magus dies in the Avalon episodes. Also a lot of gargoyles get killed when they are stone and get smashed to rubble. In City of Stone, Demona turns the humans into stone and she smashes some of them.

Gargoyles had the Future Tense episode where most of the main cast dies, except Goliath who dreams this and Elisa who is actually Puck gives him the dream.

victory_angel
07-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Yep Deadly Force, Elisa nearly dies and you actually see her go into cardiac arrest and then the doctors restart her heart.

In Hunter's Moon Angela is injured badly and stops breathing later but luckily Elisa uses CPR on her.

The Magus dies in the Avalon episodes. Also a lot of gargoyles get killed when they are stone and get smashed to rubble. In City of Stone, Demona turns the humans into stone and she smashes some of them.

Gargoyles had the Future Tense episode where most of the main cast dies, except Goliath who dreams this and Elisa who is actually Puck gives him the dream.

Oh yeah, the Lexington goes evil episode, and then the Puck cryptically asks "Is this a Dream or a Prophecy?"

And later in the slave labor comics for this series we see to parts of the prophesy come to pass.

Lexinton going evil. The clones of the gargoyle clans are given a choice of returning to the Labyrinth or serving Thailog. All the clones choose to go back to the Labyrinth...all of them except Brentwood who chooses to follow Thailog and Greg Weisman has suggested that you Future Tense to know what direction he was going.

http://gargwiki.net/images/thumb/d/df/Brentwood.png/360px-Brentwood.png

The other part of the prophecy was Brooklyn and Demona falling in love. While that seems unthinkable, Delilah (clone hybrid of Demona and Elisa) and Malibu (Brooklyn's clone) do fall in love.

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6179/156027-199760-delilah.jpg

Deaths in turtles have occurred as well...even in the nick show though they aren't always in your face deaths like Splinter's demise or numerous innocent people such as Chloe and her mom being pulled into the void of a black hole.

For example, there is Zog's suicide was subtle enough for people to know what has just occurred, Leo warning the Triceratons to leave the Earth alone or be destroyed before grabbing one of the transporters and sending at least three Triceraton soldiers out into the void of space. The triceratons that were vaporized into piles of ash by the Fugitoid. Then, of course, the vision quest where the Turtles kill their opponents, Mikey being the most ruthless of the four with the way he slit Rahzar's throat.

Coola Yagami
07-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Killing Karai might be the answer since they don't know what to with her. They could have just made her flat out evil or at least not Splinter's daughter. Now that she knows the truth, she's a good guy and can live with them. But wait! She's been mutated and is on the run. I assume they'll eventually cure her, but what then? Cartoons for kids are way too stuck on status quo to have Karai join the team for even half a season. Nick's solution might be to mutate her again, make her evil again or kill her off. Anything to keep the status quo.

Zog shouldn't count. He died in the comics, bravo for him dying on the show. It would be like adapting a story where Radical dies, and then giving props for killing her in the show... when that's how the story went anyway.

TMNTInsighter
07-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Killing Karai might be the answer since they don't know what to with her...

You know they're not going to do that! She has a much better chance of either living somewhere under a new identity or becoming more involved by becoming part of the Mutanimals.

Aaronardo
07-16-2016, 07:30 PM
You know they're not going to do that! She has a much better chance of either living somewhere under a new identity or becoming more involved by becoming part of the Mutanimals.

The point of Coola's post was to show that Karai's plot is beyond f*cked. Most likely, the writers don't even know what to do with her at this point, so if anyone is actually gonna bite it (like I said, they'll "kill" Splinter and then have him come back to life), it probably will be her.

TMNTInsighter
07-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Oh yeah, the Lexington goes evil episode, and then the Puck cryptically asks "Is this a Dream or a Prophecy?"

And later in the slave labor comics for this series we see to parts of the prophesy come to pass.

Lexinton going evil. The clones of the gargoyle clans are given a choice of returning to the Labyrinth or serving Thailog. All the clones choose to go back to the Labyrinth...all of them except Brentwood who chooses to follow Thailog and Greg Weisman has suggested that you Future Tense to know what direction he was going.

http://gargwiki.net/images/thumb/d/df/Brentwood.png/360px-Brentwood.png

The other part of the prophecy was Brooklyn and Demona falling in love. While that seems unthinkable, Delilah (clone hybrid of Demona and Elisa) and Malibu (Brooklyn's clone) do fall in love.

http://static6.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6179/156027-199760-delilah.jpg

Actually part of that prophecy concerning Lexington is a Future Tense esque spin-off which includes these robots resembling FT Lex in which one of them goes rogue and kidnaps Alex. It was also supposed to include Demona reforming by that time (and Brooklyn reconciling with her) and the alien from "Sentinels" joining the fight in New York to save the planet from the aliens mentioned in that episode.

Also Brooklyn's mate is someone else. I don't remember her name but there was supposed to be another spin off called "TimeDancer" which involves him spending a long time in the late 10th century.

victory_angel
07-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Actually part of that prophecy concerning Lexington is a Future Tense esque spin-off which includes these robots resembling FT Lex in which one of them goes rogue and kidnaps Alex. It was also supposed to include Demona reforming by that time (and Brooklyn reconciling with her) and the alien from "Sentinels" joining the fight in New York to save the planet from the aliens mentioned in that episode.

Also Brooklyn's mate is someone else. I don't remember her name but there was supposed to be another spin off called "TimeDancer" which involves him spending a long time in the late 10th century.

All the same, Brentwood takes over the role of Future Tense Lexington. I've read the parts of the Time Dancer that were actually published. The gist of it was Brooklyn was chosen by the Phoenix Gate. For his clan he's gone in the span of five minutes, but for him' he's gone for 40 years. And he goes to more places and times besides 10th century Scotland. He starts out in 10th century Scotland, meets up with Mary and Lady Fanuella, takes them to 1970 America and make sure the Grimorum finds it's way into Xanatos hands. A lot of the moments in the series that feel a little too convenient are because he caused them to happen that way. When he arrives back in present day New York he's wearing his armor from future tense and somehow lost his left eye.

He also goes to Ishimura Japan.at least three times, his first appearance there is actually his second arrival, his second meeting is his first arrival, and the third meeting is third meeting is his third arrival. While he's here he meets his mate Katana and has a son with her who gets named Nashville, and they have another child who is still an Egg which they have named Eggwardo. Eventually, the egg hatches and the hatchling is female.

Jephael
07-17-2016, 12:29 AM
I kinda want to see April's dad get killed. I wanted to like him in the beginning, but he's just become so annoying sometimes, always crying like a little baby when things get intense. Even Mikey's not that much of a pussy!!!

victory_angel
07-17-2016, 12:52 AM
I kinda want to see April's dad get killed. I wanted to like him in the beginning, but he's just become so annoying sometimes, always crying like a little baby when things get intense. Even Mikey's not that much of a pussy!!!

Maybe that is something that happens. During season 1 April had more or less become adopted into the Turtle family, and in a way Splinter and April have come to become surogates for people they have lost for Splinter his daughter, and for April her father.

After he is rescued by the Kraang, Kirby becomes more and more paranoid about his daughters safety. We don't know his views on April dating, though if that suspisous look he gives during Deadly Venom is any indication I doubt he thinks very highly of Casey.

And we don't know if Kirby is aware April is even being trained as a Kunoichi. He is possibly aware April is getting training from Splinter, but it's probable he assumed that she's only learning self defence. Given how protective he is of her, he would take the Kunoichi training as too dangerous and getting her involved with the Turtles in ways she should not.

When the Humans vs. Mutants arc comes around I wouldn't be surprised of Kirby gets it in his head that everything that has happened has occured ever since the Turtles appeared. And if it wasn't for them, the city wouldn't be hive of aliens and mutants. Possibly the Turtles are seen as a bad influence. And as such tries to prevent April from being with the Turtles.

TMNTInsighter
07-17-2016, 08:32 AM
The point of Coola's post was to show that Karai's plot is beyond f*cked. Most likely, the writers don't even know what to do with her at this point, so if anyone is actually gonna bite it (like I said, they'll "kill" Splinter and then have him come back to life), it probably will be her.

I don't think so. Unlike her mother, who was also stuck b/w Yoshi and Saki, Karai has the ability and demeanor of a fighter who has proven she can take care of herself and who doesn't want to be a pawn of this whole thing. I believe her plot is both a search for her place in the world and for her own sense of self (in which she has to find it for herself) and I find it quite intriguing.

Splinter the boss
07-17-2016, 08:33 AM
You might be onto something here, Angel. Also, in the mutants vs humans arc, since Kirby is pretty much useless, I wouldn't mind if he is one of the humans protesting against mutants, walking with Banners, urging the government to take action against them etc... and suddenly a fight breaks out between humans and mutants and, among the casualties is April's dad.
That would leave so many possibilities, April could train harder, and become stronger to protect those dear to her, not to mention her powers would get better and she would be an asset to the turtles.

TMNTInsighter
07-17-2016, 08:40 AM
You might be onto something here, Angel. Also, in the mutants vs humans arc, since Kirby is pretty much useless, I wouldn't mind if he is one of the humans protesting against mutants, walking with Banners, urging the government to take action against them etc... and suddenly a fight breaks out between humans and mutants and, among the casualties is April's dad.
That would leave so many possibilities, April could train harder, and become stronger to protect those dear to her, not to mention her powers would get better and she would be an asset to the turtles.

Have you forgotten that he's friends with the turtles? That would make no sense whatsoever!

Splinter the boss
07-17-2016, 08:46 AM
I know it may not happen. But, hey, if he were ever to start blaming the turtles for what has occurred in the city because of their presence, well,he could very well be thinking that mutants in general are bad luck and wouldn't want them around.

GoldMutant
07-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Have you forgotten that he's friends with the turtles? That would make no sense whatsoever!

Except that based on his last appearance in The Deadly Venom, he certainly can be serious. Kirby did keep rushing Don to cure April from Karai's venom before Don and Leo went out to stop Karai themselves. Given Kirby's often the scapegoat to show how "serious" things become, it wouldn't be a surprise and is more of a running gag. Let me get a spin the wheel type game and see where it lands; if it lands on what I think, I'm going to laugh. :P

Anyways, need I remind you that Mutagen Man, who was originally friendly with the Turtles and idolizing them, became their enemy due to him perceiving April as someone who understands pain? I'm not making a big debate on Timothy going crazy, but that's an example of a hero gone bad, whereas Slash went from psychotic evil to an anti-hero/protagonist. It does make sense if Kirby were to switch, mostly due to anxiety; not kill, but turn him briefly.

Coola Yagami
07-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Yeah... April's dad is another candidate. They also don't know what to with him unless he's kidnapped or mutated. He also kinda weighs April down. And knowing the series, they'll probably make her sad that one episode, and then happy-go-lucky as if nothing happened in the next.

thundermaster612
07-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Except that based on his last appearance in The Deadly Venom, he certainly can be serious. Kirby did keep rushing Don to cure April from Karai's venom before Don and Leo went out to stop Karai themselves. Given Kirby's often the scapegoat to show how "serious" things become, it wouldn't be a surprise and is more of a running gag. Let me get a spin the wheel type game and see where it lands; if it lands on what I think, I'm going to laugh. :P

Anyways, need I remind you that Mutagen Man, who was originally friendly with the Turtles and idolizing them, became their enemy due to him perceiving April as someone who understands pain? I'm not making a big debate on Timothy going crazy, but that's an example of a hero gone bad, whereas Slash went from psychotic evil to an anti-hero/protagonist. It does make sense if Kirby were to switch, mostly due to anxiety; not kill, but turn him briefly.

Slash is like TMNT's Deadpool. Without the 4th wall breaks

Powder
07-18-2016, 01:57 PM
How is that? :trolleye:

thundermaster612
07-18-2016, 02:05 PM
How is that? :trolleye:

their both semi psycho's who like to mercilessly kill and they both have a smart mouth

Powder
07-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Slash is nothing like Deadpool, beyond the fact that they're both vigilantes.

victory_angel
07-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Yeah... April's dad is another candidate. They also don't know what to with him unless he's kidnapped or mutated. He also kinda weighs April down. And knowing the series, they'll probably make her sad that one episode, and then happy-go-lucky as if nothing happened in the next.

Also it was briefly mentioned in the Mirage Comic that April's father had died. And in Mutation Situation he said he'd do anything to protect her. Oddly he also prevents April from even seeing the Turtles, even though he can trust them at the very least with her safety.

As I pointed out Kirby may not know about April being trained as a Kunoichi and he may interpret that as the Turtles actively putting his daughter in dangerous situations.

And as GoldMutant also said, Kirby was pressuring Donatello to save his daughter. While Donnie was clearly doing everything he could, Kirby was becoming increasingly more agitated as things get progressively worse. And then when Leo tells Donnie they need go save their brothers and Casey from Karai. Kirby says nothing was more important than saving April right then.

The whole Dark April plot that the series seems to be hinting at also would set him on edge because even though it isn't the Turtle's fault, Kirby would state that none of this would have happened to his child if she had never met them. And he would do anything he could to keep her from the Turtles including packing up and moving far...far...away where she would never see them again.

As for April possibly dating, again in Deadly Venom he looks out the window suspiciously at Casey indicating he doesn't approve of his presence in April's life. Donnie, he does approve of but only so long as he and April are just friends.

After all, there is that moment in the gauntlet where Donatello tells Kirby his daughter is really nice, and Kirby ***** his head as though saying "What the heck did he mean by that?" And throughout the series April has been leaning in Donnie's direction as far as potential love interests. But she's been forcing herself towards Casey as a means of protecting Donatello, both from her father and the rest of human kind.

thundermaster612
07-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Slash is nothing like Deadpool, beyond the fact that they're both vigilantes.

:trolleye: Probably because Slash is more kid-friendly than Deadpool.

Powder
07-18-2016, 02:34 PM
Thus proving my point?

There's also the fact he's not human, sickly, near immortal, a murderer, full of black humor, a ninja, or any of the other things that define Deadpool.

Drose18
07-18-2016, 04:07 PM
since her debut i wanted them to kill off karai shes been very annoying in this show to say the least. I doubt they kill off anyone though

The Happy One
07-18-2016, 04:17 PM
since her debut i wanted them to kill off karai shes been very annoying in this show to say the least. I doubt they kill off anyone though

I didn't find her character annoying as much as I did the way they handled Karai. I really did like her, everything seemed right as far as characterization and design. But they tossed her around too much, then mutated her in season 2 and, wow, two whole seasons later we'll actually see her as...you know Karai again. It just threw me off.

But, hopefully they'll get back on track with that soon.

thundermaster612
07-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Thus proving my point?

There's also the fact he's not human, sickly, near immortal, a murderer, full of black humor, a ninja, or any of the other things that define Deadpool.

I meant in personality but yeah.

Powder
07-18-2016, 06:10 PM
You're still wrong, though. I don't know why you even brought it up.

snake
07-18-2016, 06:21 PM
You're still wrong, though. I don't know why you even brought it up.

I think he's trying to say Slash is like the "cult" character of TMNT. Star Wars has Boba Fett, Marvel has Deadpool, ect. It's still a flimsy point and dumb thing to say, but I think that's what he means.

Powder
07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
I agree on that point, but I don't at all think that's what he was trying to say (though he may very well agree to save face). :trazz:

Papenbrook
07-18-2016, 07:57 PM
I agree on that point, but I don't at all think that's what he was trying to say (though he may very well agree to save face). :trazz:

That's a bit harsh, Powder. :(

I'm not trying to instigate. However, you shouldn't make fun of others.

-----------------------------------------------

I think the show will try to kill off Timothy. There is not much that they could/should do with his portrayal. Besides, I think that his (unforeseeable) death might result in Donnie's character development.

Powder
07-18-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm not making fun of anybody, peanut.

NinjaPug
07-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Good lord. Nothing Powder said was harsh nor was he making fun of anyone.

snake
07-18-2016, 09:22 PM
That's a bit harsh, Powder. :(

I'm not trying to instigate. However, you shouldn't make fun of others.

-----------------------------------------------

I think the show will try to kill off Timothy. There is not much that they could/should do with his portrayal. Besides, I think that his (unforeseeable) death might result in Donnie's character development.

Gee wiz Pappy, that's really rude. Rude!

thundermaster612
07-19-2016, 05:38 AM
I think he's trying to say Slash is like the "cult" character of TMNT. Star Wars has Boba Fett, Marvel has Deadpool, ect. It's still a flimsy point and dumb thing to say, but I think that's what he means.

Yeah that's what I meant. I thought of it because somebody else mentioned Slash and Deadpool in a post on the last page. And its not dumb, its creative thinking.

Papenbrook
07-19-2016, 10:37 AM
I'm not making fun of anybody, peanut.

I see. Sorry for my misconception.

ABrown
07-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Another? They're still yet to kill one off.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-19-2016, 05:55 PM
I think Shredder will have a pretty good chance of being killed off by the end of series.

Killing off Splinter is a possibility, but it has already been done, It wouldn't have the same shock value as before. Karai is an interesting option too, but it seems far too dark for this show to kill her off.

Other than that, there have been other characters killed off before:
1. Tang Shen
2. Splinter (before he got revived)
3. The Kraang worm that got cut open by Tiger Claw in the FW universe
4. The Mega Shredder
5. The entire Triceraton race
6. Tokka
7. Arguably Kraang Subprime and Prime before they were blown up by the Triceratons in Annihilation Earth.
8. Maybe Dregg, if he wasn't able to survive in the vacumn of space after the Triceratons betrayed him.

After all these, why do people think no one can be killed off in the Nickverse? I think the possibility is still there.

TMNTInsighter
07-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Other than that, there have been other characters killed off before:
5. The entire Triceraton race

Actually, that was just the empire.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-19-2016, 08:46 PM
Actually, that was just the empire.

Yeah, but it was still a large scale massacare. First when the Kraang wiped most of them out during the War in Dimension X and second when the fugitoid blew up their entire ship.

Splinter the boss
07-20-2016, 07:30 AM
I hope we have one or two triceratons back, don't have to be villains, I like them and the way they fight. Though, I don't think it will happen, at least not now.

miru
07-20-2016, 11:48 PM
They'd probably like to take out Mutagen Man so they won't have to worry about him anymore.

MarsicornYT
07-24-2016, 02:15 AM
I would love it if they killed off Karai, I mean I love Karai but seeing all the character development it could bring between especially Raph and Leo, because Raph never liked her but I'm pretty sure he would feel bad for Leo.
Idk if they would do it on a Nick show, (spoilers) but hey showed Splinter getting stabbed so I'm pretty sure they could show Karai getting killed off.

Powder
07-24-2016, 02:18 AM
That... is not how you spoiler. :tlol:

Looks like this, minus the *

[SPOILER] text here [/SPOILER*]

In fairness, that's old news by now, so you don't need to spoiler it anyways. Also, welcome aboard.

MarsicornYT
07-24-2016, 08:12 AM
Ohhh hahah yeah thanks I didn't know how to do it and if it was still considered a spoiler, and yeah thanks! Super excited to be apart of the forums :D:D

TMNTInsighter
07-24-2016, 01:27 PM
Kara's going nowhere. I really do believe that she's going to be able to take control of the Foot Clan at some point. As a matter of fact, from the look of the new intro, she and Shinigami are going to be a main part of the cast.

FredWolfLeonardo
07-24-2016, 02:56 PM
I think it is best no one gets killed for now. We already have had character deaths as recent as in "Earth's last stand".

I think they should focus on the characters we have now and save a death (Shredder) for the end of the series.