PDA

View Full Version : Great American Speeches as Given By Donald Trump

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-14-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.politicalirony.com/2016/04/16/great-american-speeches-as-delivered-by-donald-trump/

Funniest thing I've read all week. Enjoy, amigos!

IndigoErth
07-14-2016, 07:51 PM
:lol::D Yup...this is going right on Facebook. Thanks for sharing!

ToTheNines
07-16-2016, 05:50 AM
Cylons, you should write up some TMNT villain monologues as delivered by Donald. Bebop and Rocksteady dialogue via Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Cylons, you should write up some TMNT villain monologues as delivered by Donald. Bebop and Rocksteady dialogue via Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter.

:tlol:

Sarah Palin makes Bebop and Rocksteady look like Stephen Hawking on steroids.

turtle1237
07-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Don't be shock if Trump wins. He does have a strong following.

Prowler
07-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Don't be shock if Trump wins. He does have a strong following.
I certainly won't. Say whatever you want about him, but the guy has charisma and knows how to get to the demographics he taps into.

I honestly think Trump learned a lot from his short WWE stint. He and Vince McMahon are buddies and both huge conservatives.

turtle1237
07-17-2016, 03:09 PM
I certainly won't. Say whatever you want about him, but the guy has charisma and knows how to get to the demographics he taps into.

I honestly think Trump learned a lot from his short WWE stint. He and Vince McMahon are buddies and both huge conservatives.

I sometimes wonder how the list of presidents would look like if Trump does win.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, JFK, Donald Trump.

Prowler
07-17-2016, 03:13 PM
I sometimes wonder how the list of presidents would look like if Trump does win.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, JFK, Donald Trump.
Most of those guys weren't any saints either. You list what are considered to be the greatest American presidents of all time, or at least the most iconic ones, but in case Trump turned out to be a terrible president, it's not like he'd be the first bad one. The USA had some bad presidents leading up to the Civil War. And in the last couple of decades they had George W. Bush. I don't think Obama is going down in history as one of the greatest either.

But hey, I'm just an outsider. What do I know? :tlol:

turtle1237
07-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Most of those guys weren't any saints either. You list what are considered to be the greatest American presidents of all time, or at least the most iconic ones, but in case Trump turned out to be a terrible president, it's not like he'd be the first bad one. The USA had some bad presidents leading up to the Civil War. And in the last couple of decades they had George W. Bush. I don't think Obama is going down in history as one of the greatest either.

But hey, I'm just an outsider. What do I know? :tlol:

I am a Red blooded meat eating, beer drinking American lol.

Ok sometimes I drink beer, its a joke lol.

I think Bush was decent. Not great, but he did have 4 good years, and 4 poor years. I am not going to mention my thoughts on Obama since he is still in office.

The worse President is perhaps James Buchanan, His issues on slavery of pretty much allowing slave owners the right to bring there slaves to free states, did not help the North and the South over the issue. By the time Lincoln was elected, Buchanan pretty much split the us in 2. The war was started when Abe got in office, and had to clean up Buchanan's mess.

If Trump starts a civil War in his stay, than he might get the title. But right now I think no one can top Buchanan.

Prowler
07-17-2016, 03:44 PM
I am a Red blooded meat eating, beer drinking American lol.

Ok sometimes I drink beer, its a joke lol.

I think Bush was decent. Not great, but he did have 4 good years, and 4 poor years. I am not going to mention my thoughts on Obama since he is still in office.

The worse President is perhaps James Buchanan, His issues on slavery of pretty much allowing slave owners the right to bring there slaves to free states, did not help the North and the South over the issue. By the time Lincoln was elected, Buchanan pretty much split the us in 2. The war was started when Abe got in office, and had to clean up Buchanan's mess.

If Trump starts a civil War in his stay, than he might get the title. But right now I think no one can top Buchanan.
yeah w never really know what impact a leader has until some years later. But about Obama... he seems to have made some decisions that generated a lot of controversy in the country. I really wonder what kind of legacy he'll have. I mean, Obama was very overhyped for some odd reason, and when that happens with a politician, millions of people are bound to be disappointed.

I'll never understand why Obama was so popular all over the world back in 2008-2009.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-17-2016, 03:54 PM
I liked "W" at the time, but I was a fresh-faced kid new to the arena of politics and hadn't yet figured out how life really worked. Plus we were all caught up in the furor of striking back at Saddam for knocking down our twin towers on 9/11 (amazing how none of us then thought to question what Iraq had to do with a terrorist attack) and flag-waving patriotism, rah rah rah.

Then I lost a little of my bright-eyed enthusiasm and starting asking questions about the Patriot Act, the big bailouts, and Guantanamo... I wouldn't say Dubya is the worst president in modern history, but I wouldn't call him great. He did some things well and botched others.

Obama? Same thing; botched some things, did some things well, and I'm questioning original assumptions. I originally thought the Healthcare reform act was a travesty, but after expanding my cultural circles, I found out that a lot of people who NEED insurance are thrilled with it. I already had good insurance and healthcare and always did, so what do I know? Yeah it was terribly handled in some places and maybe it caused some new problems... I don't know. Time will tell.

He got Osama and repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell, but he's wasted a lot of taxpayer money. He also ignored his promises to pull us out of the desert wars.

So yeah... I don't think there's ever been a GOOD U.S. President in my lifetime.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-17-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll never understand why Obama was so popular all over the world back in 2008-2009.

Um, first non-white U.S. President? An African-American in the White House? That's HUGE. How the hell would he not be popular? :tlol:

Even if he screwed every single thing up, he still drove race relationships forward in a big way... and also made it a lot easier to tell who opposed a Democratic president on ideals and policy, and who opposed him because he wasn't white.

In Texas, let me tell ya... lot of that second category. You learn to read between the lines.

Prowler
07-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Um, first non-white U.S. President? An African-American in the White House? That's HUGE. How the hell would he not be popular? :tlol:

Even if he screwed every single thing up, he still drove race relationships forward in a big way... and also made it a lot easier to tell who opposed a Democratic president on ideals and policy, and who opposed him because he wasn't white.

In Texas, let me tell ya... lot of that second category. You learn to read between the lines.
That's a personal record of him, but if that's the only thing that made people like him then that's a bit silly. If Obama was fully white or the 2nd or 3rd black president of the USA, he wouldn't be as revered, I bet. He had a good propaganda machine behind him.

As for improving race relations... I dunno man. In the last years I've seen more racial arguments throughout the internet than ever. For some reason more and more young American folk seem to be becoming SJWs. I don't recall seeing race arguments as much 10 years ago as nowadays.

It's funny, though. When he got elected, many people were saying that this was a step heading towards the end of racism in America. In fact, many people use the "we have a black president!" as an argument for denying racism in the country.

As for his other policies(economics, health, etc) no idea. I'm not the right person to talk about that.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-17-2016, 04:18 PM
That's a personal record of him, but if that's the only thing that made people like him then that's a bit silly. If Obama was fully white or the 2nd or 3rd black president of the USA, he wouldn't be as revered, I bet. He had a good propaganda machine behind him.

As for improving race relations... I dunno man. In the last years I've seen more racial arguments throughout the internet than ever. For some reason more and more young American folk seem to be becoming SJWs. I don't recall seeing race arguments as much 10 years ago as nowadays.

It's funny, though. When he got elected, many people were saying that this was a step heading towards the end of racism in America. In fact, many people use the "we have a black president!" as an argument for denying racism in the country.

As for his other policies(economics, health, etc) no idea. I'm not the right person to talk about that.

You're not wrong; if that is all he has going for him, than he's not a President, he's a token. But "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can" were incredibly powerful rallying cries. I don't think anyone was surprised he was elected President.

Heh... I remember thinking it would put a big coffin nail in racism. Turns out not so much.

I think the reason there are more young American SJWs, as you put it, is that at least from my personal perspective, a lot of us were told that racism was gone and America was finally unified. That MLK and Rosa Parks and their ideologies had won the Civil Rights Movement. Then we grew up and saw that this just wasn't the case. I think C42 still put it best:

"This isn't the America we were supposed to grow into."

Prowler
07-17-2016, 04:38 PM
You're not wrong; if that is all he has going for him, than he's not a President, he's a token. But "Hope and Change" and "Yes We Can" were incredibly powerful rallying cries. I don't think anyone was surprised he was elected President.

Heh... I remember thinking it would put a big coffin nail in racism. Turns out not so much.

I think the reason there are more young American SJWs, as you put it, is that at least from my personal perspective, a lot of us were told that racism was gone and America was finally unified. That MLK and Rosa Parks and their ideologies had won the Civil Rights Movement. Then we grew up and saw that this just wasn't the case. I think C42 still put it best:

"This isn't the America we were supposed to grow into."
Well he said there'd be change, alright... but he didn't specify if it was gonna be for better or for worse :tgrin:

Well, I was never a person to believe things such as racism and bigotry could be ended forever. I think it's cyclical, to be honest. Sometimes there's more, other times less. And as society evolves, people will be less forward about it. Nothing guarantees that in 150-200 years we won't be going back to the 19th century in terms of racism. Or that western societies won't regress. Europe was VERY backwards during the Middle Ages while the Middle East was more civilised at the time.

Being a multi-ethnic nation, it's obvious that the USA has its fair share of issues that come with it. All former colonised countries have such issues, I'm afraid. We just don't know about it as much because they're not on the news everyday like the USA is. Per example, racism has a VERY nasty legacy in Brazil, and I dare say that slavery there was even worse than in the USA. Not to mention it's a country with a lot more social-economical inequality than USA. You also have South Africa... Apartheid lasted until 1994. Imagine if Jim Crow laws were still in effect when you were 7-8 years old. Wouldn't that be surreal?

If mankind ever reaches a stage where prejudice is gone and we all become into a one nation world, I'm sure it will take hundreds of years or even a thousand or two for it to happen. This doesn't mean I think it's pointless to fight bigotry, btw. Just that the idea of eradicating it is quite utopic.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Well he said there'd be change, alright... but he didn't specify if it was gonna be for better or for worse :tgrin:

Well, I was never a person to believe things such as racism and bigotry could be ended forever. I think it's cyclical, to be honest. Sometimes there's more, other times less. And as society evolves, people will be less forward about it. Nothing guarantees that in 150-200 years we won't be going back to the 19th century in terms of racism. Or that western societies won't regress. Europe was VERY backwards during the Middle Ages while the Middle East was more civilised at the time.

Being a multi-ethnic nation, it's obvious that the USA has its fair share of issues that come with it. All former colonised countries have such issues, I'm afraid. We just don't know about it as much because they're not on the news everyday like the USA is. Per example, racism has a VERY nasty legacy in Brazil, and I dare say that slavery there was even worse than in the USA. Not to mention it's a country with a lot more social-economical inequality than USA. You also have South Africa... Apartheid lasted until 1994. Imagine if Jim Crow laws were still in effect when you were 7-8 years old. Wouldn't that be surreal?

If mankind ever reaches a stage where prejudice is gone and we all become into a one nation world, I'm sure it will take hundreds of years or even a thousand or two for it to happen. This doesn't mean I think it's pointless to fight bigotry, btw. Just that the idea of eradicating it is quite utopic.

Agreed on all those points.

I don't think racism will ever be eradicated from individuals; I did, however, used to think it could be eradicated from our nation's culture and institutions.

EDITED TO ADD: I mean, great progress has still been made over the decades. I just wonder now how much lasting progress actually came about. The laws are all in place to protect people, but when those laws aren't obeyed or enforced--especially by some who are supposed to do just that in an official capacity--well...

Damn, this is getting really depressing. Gonna go find another thread now. :tlol: