PDA

View Full Version : So how come NECA Mirage Shredder was cancelled?

thundermaster612
07-14-2016, 03:06 PM
A while back pictures were shown of a NECA Shredder from Mirage and I think a NECA Mirage Krang/Utrom figure prototypes. I later on heard they got sacked. What for? I thought the NECA line was doing well. I heard that they were planning a Splinter too but I think that was a rumor. NECA is still making TMNT stuff and its going well. So why were these specific ones cancelled?

go_ninja84
07-14-2016, 03:28 PM
A while back pictures were shown of a NECA Shredder from Mirage and I think a NECA Mirage Krang/Utrom figure prototypes. I later on heard they got sacked. What for? I thought the NECA line was doing well. I heard that they were planning a Splinter too but I think that was a rumor. NECA is still making TMNT stuff and its going well. So why were these specific ones cancelled?

playmates forbade them from selling in retail so they couldn't get
product out to keep sales up. They just recently started making TMNT again. search function next time my friend

Candy Kappa
07-14-2016, 03:28 PM
2009 is a bit older then "a while back"...

NECA's wave 2 was canceled due to sales not going as expected and playmates blocked NECA from releasing their TMNT stuff at retail stores. Only the SDCC blue jumpsuit April and the Mouser 3-pack got released after the Turtles.

Shredder, Foot Ninja and Foot Elite never got past prototypes.

Autbot_Benz
07-14-2016, 03:59 PM
figured it was Playmates fault. man I have never hated a company more than playmates.

Andrew NDB
07-14-2016, 04:02 PM
I remember, at the time in the fallout of that, Playmates was themselves going to release some Mirage TMNT figures and Mirage Shredder and Foot... and then just didn't. They looked ass anyway.

hitmonkey
07-14-2016, 04:38 PM
figured it was Playmates fault. man I have never hated a company more than playmates.

Who needs well crafted iconic versions of characters when you can have unpainted $9 Happy Meal toys?

thundermaster612
07-14-2016, 06:25 PM
I like almost all of the Playmates figures but they are starting to piss me off with their actions. I kind of like the unpainted things because then we get super cool things like the 1990/SOTO figs that are fully painted and very articulated. They don't just make turtles figs too, they make TMNT masks and other sorts of toys that are painted well. But I still ****ing hate them for what they did with NECA. Also WHEN WERE THESE ON SHELVES?! I NEVER SAW THEM!

Coro
07-15-2016, 06:26 AM
There are literally like 5 threads completely devoted to the NECA cancellation.

All of you questions have been answered in those. There are at least 20 pages of info on this forum if you search it.

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 06:55 AM
There are literally like 5 threads completely devoted to the NECA cancellation.

All of you questions have been answered in those. There are at least 20 pages of info on this forum if you search it.

oooooor I could make this thread and get a simple answer like I did...

Donnie
07-15-2016, 08:23 AM
I still don't understand the "bad sales" thing. Those things flew off the shelves and now go for over $100 a pop MIB on eBay. :roll:

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 08:37 AM
oooooor I could make this thread and get a simple answer like I did...
but its a waste when all you have to do is use the search function you could have gotten your answer and not made another pointless thread that we already have tons of because of other lazy people

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 11:12 AM
but its a waste when all you have to do is use the search function you could have gotten your answer and not made another pointless thread that we already have tons of because of other lazy people

Oh I did try the search. It simply said "SORRY, WE CANT FIND ANYTHING ANYMORE!" because it always seems to never work for me. Plus its too late so no point in complaining about it.

plastroncafe
07-15-2016, 11:17 AM
I still don't understand the "bad sales" thing. Those things flew off the shelves and now go for over $100 a pop MIB on eBay. :roll:

From what I understand NECA wasn't doing themselves favors by selling them as they did. My LCS never picked any up for sale because the individual figures would come random in a box, with no assurance a store would get enough to make a set of four.

Lil Karai
07-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Turtle mania- the golden age of nostalgia paired with the purchasing power of folks in their late 20's and 30's wasn't a thing at that time. It is now in full swing and the high demand for these figures has driven prices up quite high.

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Will the new NECA figures (not including the Con exclusives) be on the shelves?
(EDIT: WRONG THREAD BUT IM GONNA KEEP THIS HERE ANYWAYS)

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Oh I did try the search. It simply said "SORRY, WE CANT FIND ANYTHING ANYMORE!" because it always seems to never work for me. Plus its too late so no point in complaining about it.
the point of complaining about it now will help you remember next time not to clutter the board with duplicate threads that have already been discussed. you obviously didn't look hard enough

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=29975&highlight=NECA+shredder

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28692&highlight=NECA+shredder

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30389&highlight=NECA+shredder

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah, that's a good idea. Spam someone till they decide to still not give a **** about you and your other threads. From here on out, I wont do my research. Keep on spamming go_ninja, soon enough, you'll be just like Mew!
what banned? i dont think so cause i dont post pointless threads i actually search when i have a question

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 02:51 PM
what banned? i dont think so cause i dont post pointless threads i actually search when i have a question

Oh yeah cause asking an innocent question will get me banned. Nice use of logic there go_ninja. And I never said end up, I said will be like. As in: spamming everything. Oh by the way waaaaahhhhhhhhh I'm complaining cause you keep complaining and stuff waaahh

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah cause asking an innocent question will get me banned. Nice use of logic there go_ninja. And I never said end up, I said will be like. As in: spamming everything. Oh by the way waaaaahhhhhhhhh I'm complaining cause you keep complaining and stuff waaahh
Asking an innocent question is fine just as much as me making a statement about using search function to keep clutter off the boards. Arguing about it is where I have the problem, when all you could have said "my bad"

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 03:05 PM
This message is hidden because go_ninja84 is on your ignore list.

hehe

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 03:20 PM
This message is hidden because go_ninja84 is on your ignore list.

hehe

Since you can't be an adult about it. I guess I will have to carry on in this world without your lovely message updates and threads.

Ohh woe is me, what ever will I do:roll:

Powder
07-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Don't you love when people get offended by you caring about the quality of this forum?

go_ninja84
07-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Don't you love when people get offended by you caring about the quality of this forum?
i know right. its annoying really

Autbot_Benz
07-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Since you can't be an adult about it. I guess I will have to carry on in this world without your lovely message updates and threads.

Ohh woe is me, what ever will I do:roll:

I think thunder and Etsy need a vacation like Mew got this forum would a tad better if that happened

Etsyturtle2
07-15-2016, 04:03 PM
I think people who can't ever think for themselves or use punctuation where needed should take a break like Mew did. The reading quality of this forum would be a lot better then.

thundermaster612
07-15-2016, 06:49 PM
All I did was ask a question. He then wouldn't stop telling me that there were other threads. Ignoring him was the better thing to do. And I thought adults didn't talk 'behind' people's backs.

degausser
07-15-2016, 09:50 PM
All I did was ask a question. He then wouldn't stop telling me that there were other threads. Ignoring him was the better thing to do. And I thought adults didn't talk 'behind' people's backs.

i googled before i joined and got what i was looking for. but if they want to keep the board from being cluttered they should probably have the NECA stuff in one topic and pinned to the top of the board..

but they won't do that. makes too much sense.

Lil Karai
07-16-2016, 02:02 PM
For what it's worth, according to the forum rules:

"This rule won't be strictly enforced, but before starting a new thread, please make sure that a thread about the subject you're posting doesn't already exist in the latest three pages of the board you're posting on. Also, when starting a new thread, please choose a thread title that matches what the thread is actually about to avoid confusion."

Anyways, I read that someone on Twitter asked Randy if the new arcade turtles were the same sculpts as the old Mirage prototypes from back in the day. He said some elements were re-used but some were new.

thundermaster612
07-17-2016, 05:49 AM
Nothing on the last 5 pages, so I'm clear.