PDA

View Full Version : Your top 10 characters from "____" universe never made in plastic

TheMasterTurtle
07-18-2016, 01:02 PM
So I'm considering working on a project to bring some characters to life that never graced our shelves. They'd be in semi limited runs but I need to get some overall consensus of who people would be interested in.

Some important notes about the project..
-I'm looking to do them in the style of figures already produced (a character from the old toon or movies would be designed to fit in with the vintage line, characters from the new toon would mirror the look of the new toys)

- these will be non playable display pieces. Depending on the character, they might have arms that move but that's it.

- I'm looking to limit this to characters who likely won't ever see production. For example, I'm not entertaining touching the IDW or Mirage universes as I see potential in those being made some day. Mirage I'm specifically talking about shredder, foot etc that NECA did. Maybe I'd entertain other characters but not right now.

- also not looking to do a whole universe right now. For example I don't want to touch the Archie characters at them moment. The goal is to continue where the old lines left off or the characters were never given a toy

Here are examples of who I'm interested in making so far.

OT:
Bugman
Sgt Granitor
Kerma
Rex 1
Zach

Movie:
TMNT 1990 Casey
TMNT 1990 Tatsu

Nick Toon:
Kraang Human Form
Pigeon Pete
Irma

So list off your interets please

Zage
07-18-2016, 01:15 PM
I believe that my signature has my top ten.

TheMasterTurtle
07-18-2016, 01:30 PM
I believe that my signature has my top ten.

Awesome thank you - roadkill Rodney is another is like to do

Powder
07-18-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm certain you don't wanna pursue turtle variants but I'm gonna include some just 'cause.

Mirage:
-Savanti Romero

FW (assuming you mean retro Playmates styled- in which case I'd love to help with design):
-DREGG!
-Pizza Monster
-Lt. Granitor
-Big Louie
-Don Turtelli
-"Ray"
-Krangazoid
-Rasputin & Atilla
-Kerma
-Not a big fan of Bugman, Rex-1, or Zach, but they did deserve toys
-Carter
-Roadkill Rodney & other season 1 small-scale bots
-(For turtle variants) Red Sky secondary mutations, The Big Cufflink Caper mafia garb, sailor suits, tuxes w/ rubber masks, winter attire, they're all great. :tlol:
-While they are Archie, it'd be nice to see the Mutanimals rounded off in the Playmates universe, so Jagwar, Dreadmon, maybe even Ninjara.

Movie Star:
-Casey Jones
-Tatsu
-regular Shredder
-Vanilla Ice (yes, seriously)
-Hoag styled April

Next Mutation:
-Dr. Quease
-Wick

4kids:
-Ch'rell
-Ancient One
-SAINW turtles

Nick:
-Wyrm
-Bellybomb
-Pigeon Pete
-Kraang Sub-Prime (& any other Kraang variations but him especially)
-The Creep
-Tokka
-April Derp
-Ho Chan

Donnie
07-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Great idea! The list for now...

1990 Movie Splinter
1990 Movie Casey
1990 Movie Tatsu
1990 Movie Danny (if you want to talk about who will never ever get an action figure, lol)

Next Mutation Dr. Quease

Etsyturtle2
07-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Idw krang.

That is all.

TheMasterTurtle
07-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Great idea! The list for now...

1990 Movie Splinter
1990 Movie Casey
1990 Movie Tatsu
1990 Movie Danny (if you want to talk about who will never ever get an action figure, lol)

Next Mutation Dr. Quease

Idw krang.

That is all.

Splinter technically had figures released. I'd like to tackle Casey, Tatsu and April tho. Danny would be possible if this actually gains enough interest. Right now it'll be Based on characters that people really want.

Etsy, tho I appreciate the contribution I won't be touching IDW.

Powder - I'm for sure wanting to match the playmates vintage style. That's the whole purpose of doing this really. Figures that should have been made or characters that should have had figures. Most of what is on your list I actually have on mine. Glad to see there's interest in some of the same characters.

Keep ideas/ preferences coming guys.

Huzzah
07-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Basically just give me an entire IDW line by NOT Playmates. Top10 isn't enough.

TheMasterTurtle
07-18-2016, 04:26 PM
Ha I appreciate the enthusiasm guys but I won't be touching any Mirage or IDW characters. At all. Most likely ever. Reason being isn't for a lack of interest but because I truly expect some to be released, at some point in the next few years.

My intention isn't even to make my own "classics" line. Strictly characters that should or could have had a figure. My point is I NEVER see companies making one off characters like Tempestra or others from the OT because they truly wouldn't sell well in a mass market. That doesn't mean a small group wouldn't appreciate those characters being represented. Other characters they deem poor sellers like human Kraang, Bradford, xevor. That's what I'm going for.

I have interest in Archie but I need to see a couple of these 1 offs do well enough to justify a big project like the Archie series. I would love a ninjara, jaguwar and dredmon on my shelf so know it's on a to do list for me, just not top priority.

I guess I should say for now, List off anything but IDW, Mirage and Archie and I'll be entertaining them.

Powder
07-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Never be surprised that barely anyone here reads anything. Ever.

(& again if you want/need any help in design give me a holler)

TheMasterTurtle
07-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Never be surprised that barely anyone here reads anything. Ever.

(& again if you want/need any help in design give me a holler)

Ha yeah it doesn't surprise me but I still feel the need to reiterate my plan.

I haven't quite decided what to do with the OT. The Nick toon toys really have sculpts that match their screen counterparts where the OT, other than a few figures, are loose representations. I feel like the OT characters would need some flare added to really mirror the style of the vintage line.
I haven't quite decided how to tackle Kerma or Zach since they would look awkward being the same height/ scale as the other turtle toys

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
07-18-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm sure everyone's number one is Vanilla Ice from SOTO. I didn't even have to read the other posts to know it. Maybe like a whole stage setup with him performing with the Turtles a la the McFarlane Metallica stage from about 20 years ago. Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!

Etsyturtle2
07-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Kraang prime
Kraang biotroid
Kraang human costumed
Kraang subprime
Kraang with translucent outer blue coating.
The creep
Wyrm
Bellybomb (nick)
Ace Duck (nick)

thundermaster612
07-19-2016, 04:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also I feel like if Zach were to ever be released he'd be a Casey Jones repaint with a different head sculpt. Or at least similar to that. But nobody can tell me in wrong cause they never made one for him.

snake
07-19-2016, 09:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also I feel like if Zach were to ever be released he'd be a Casey Jones repaint with a different head sculpt. Or at least similar to that. But nobody can tell me in wrong cause they never made one for him.

Zach would be a ripped 8 year old

Unworthy tinker
07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nah, probably not. It's just modern Playmates that's lazy. I bet that if he had a release back them he'd have his own sculpt and be in the Toon line with Irma, Vernon, etc.

If he was made today, maybe not that bad, if it has to be a repaint of Casey why not 2012 Casey? Though he'd probably still have his own sculpt but either have lots of missing paint or never be released.

And my list:

Pretty much anything from the red sky seasons (namely Dregg and Carter)
A whole IDW line. 'Nuff said.
Pigeon Pete (Nick)
Archie Mutanimals

Yeah, nothing here that hasn't already been said, and it's not much of a top ten. I am a simple creature.

Edit: Wait. Has there ever been a figure of Renet? Add that to the list. Same with Savanti, but I'm holdin' out hope for the one shown.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-19-2016, 10:24 AM
Definitely the other two Punk Frogs. Would love to see designs on them... Napoleon Bonafrog was an awesome horny toad looking toy while Ghengis Frog looked exactly like the show.

Powder
07-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Definitely the other two Punk Frogs. Would love to see designs on them... Napoleon Bonafrog was an awesome horny toad looking toy while Ghengis Frog looked exactly like the show.

Some of my all-time favorite custom figures from a member here. The original thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47679

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7092&d=1402180447

snake
07-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Some of my all-time favorite custom figures from a member here. The original thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=47679

That's seriously cool. Any more playmates styled OT figures?

tmntfannumerouno
07-19-2016, 02:24 PM
That's seriously cool. Any more playmates styled OT figures?

Go down to the tmnt section. I don't know the guy making them but they're awesome.
http://zmfts.t15.org/kitbashes.html

d_osborn
07-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Sounds like a cool project! Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on producing the prototypes? Custom sculpts? 3D printed? I've been kicking around a few ideas myself.

It would be interesting to see the Barron 1990 characters represented as figures in the original Playmates line. They did a TMNT 3 April, but it would be cool to see a stylized Judith Hoag figure. Shredder, Tatsu... Casey's original line figure almost lines up with the movie. I won't rest until I have a Chief Sterns figure. It doesn't really fit your project, but I've always wanted action figure or statues of the Michael Zulli TMNT.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-19-2016, 03:08 PM

That's so cool. I don't like them quite as much as I might like what the OP might do (Rasputin looks... odd. Can't put my finger on it. Nostrils?)...

MikeandRaph87
07-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Ever since my elementary school days I have wanted a set of Punk Frogs especially after Napoleon Bonafrog looks absolutely nothing like his cartoon counterpart. If Genhis's mold was altered for 3 additional figures would have worked well.

Kerma the turtleoid

Beserko.

Tatsu.

Alopex.

Hob.

Movie Star Casey Jones.

Malinga.

TheMasterTurtle
07-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a cool project! Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on producing the prototypes? Custom sculpts? 3D printed? I've been kicking around a few ideas myself.

It would be interesting to see the Barron 1990 characters represented as figures in the original Playmates line. They did a TMNT 3 April, but it would be cool to see a stylized Judith Hoag figure. Shredder, Tatsu... Casey's original line figure almost lines up with the movie. I won't rest until I have a Chief Sterns figure. It doesn't really fit your project, but I've always wanted action figure or statues of the Michael Zulli TMNT.

Yup so the Prototypes would be mostly modeled and 3D printed thats not to say I wouldn't do some post work with clays depending on things that might need added or changed.

Keep ideas coming guys. Im making my spreadsheet.

What outfit would you prefer for Judith Hoag april? Despite it being a brief appearance I feel like had she had a figure made they would have done the fast Yellow trenchcoat scene as the outfit.

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/judith_hoag_yellow.jpg

Donnie
07-20-2016, 10:01 PM
Love me some Judith Hoag in her yellow raincoat :)

Walkabout
07-21-2016, 03:50 AM
ROADKILL RODNEY!!!

A decent, (FW) toon accurate Irma would be very cool too.

Etsyturtle2
07-21-2016, 07:21 AM
Yup so the Prototypes would be mostly modeled and 3D printed thats not to say I wouldn't do some post work with clays depending on things that might need added or changed.

Keep ideas coming guys. Im making my spreadsheet.

What outfit would you prefer for Judith Hoag april? Despite it being a brief appearance I feel like had she had a figure made they would have done the fast Yellow trenchcoat scene as the outfit.

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/judith_hoag_yellow.jpg
Yup yup yup

Nelson
07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
This is a great idea. My main want would be a Movie Shredder (not Super Shredder). It can be kitbashed from a Movie Star Foot Soldier and the head of that Shredder figure that transforms into Oroku Saki.

Also I agree with giving April her yellow raincoat.