PDA

View Full Version : OT Volume and Season Collections at Walmart

Danetello
07-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Sorry if this is a double post, I was certain I saw someone post about this recently, but couldn't for the life of me find it, so I am putting this here for now in the event people don't know about these.

These are now at Walmart, and are really cheap to buy! Less than $10 each for multiple volumes or seasons. You can get all ten seasons in just 6 normal sized DVD cases! It's actually kind of nice to have these in a more compact edition size since the original releases were in big pizza boxes or spread over multiple parts. Collecting them together is a good idea. The only thing is, without buying them (which I won't be as I have the other releases already), I don't know if these include the special features of the previous versions. Anyone know?

tmntfannumerouno
07-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Given the fact that they didn't bother to re-author the turtle van set with episodes in order I doubt they would do it for these. All the turtle van set got was new disc art so I'd assume these "new releases" are the same.

Shogun26
07-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Those look just like the discs that came with the van. I'd assume the content is the same too. In my opinion id rather spend a little more to get the discs with the van.

go_ninja84
07-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Those look cool I'll have to keep my eye open. Do you know if it's complete?

Danakin
07-19-2016, 02:49 AM
If you buy only those sets shown you'll be missing Season 4, which Wal-Mart has been carrying along side these sets lately. Volumes 3-6 make up Season 3.

thundermaster612
07-19-2016, 04:37 AM
I can confirm they have the features. Also that other thread you speak of didn't ask about the features, just random info on the DVDs.

Danetello
07-19-2016, 06:23 AM
If you buy only those sets shown you'll be missing Season 4, which Wal-Mart has been carrying along side these sets lately. Volumes 3-6 make up Season 3.

Ah! Thanks! But still, that makes seven DVDs vs. the thirteen I have on my shelf right now - and some of those are those big boxes they released the first time around.

I can confirm they have the features. Also that other thread you speak of didn't ask about the features, just random info on the DVDs.

Ok, thanks for the info! It's cool they didn't ditch the special features in favour of making a cheaper release.