PDA

View Full Version : October 2016 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
07-20-2016, 07:57 AM
TMNT ONGOING #63

Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (W), Dave Wachter (A/C), Kevin Eastman (VC), Eric Jones (VC)

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmnt63a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmnt63b.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmnt63c.jpg
"Chasing Phantoms" Part 3! With an ally in danger, the Turtles look for a new way to defeat the Street Phantoms. Will the Turtles be able to do what it takes to save the Foot Clan?

TMNT UNIVERSE #3

Paul Allor, Kevin Eastman, Tom Waltz (W), Damian Couceiro, Kevin Eastman, Bill Sienkiewicz (A), Freddie Williams (C), Ryan Lee (VC)

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmntuniverse3a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmntuniverse3b.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/tmntuniverse3c.jpg

Cornered and injured, the Turtles have no escape from the forces aligned against them! Raphael must learn to compromise with his enemy if any are to survive!

NO TMNT AMAZING ADVENTURES.:(

Full solicitations here (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1607/20/idwoct.htm).

Utrommaniac
07-20-2016, 08:05 AM
Ally in danger, hm? Placing bets on Harold.

That new mutant is...interesting. For some reason, my first thought was Sophie Campbell's ShadowEyes...even though it's not even close to her. Some kind of...lizard-scorpion thing?

spookycookies
07-20-2016, 08:18 AM
What is going on with these RI covers? I hope we get something professional looking by the end of the year.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2016, 08:24 AM
A scorpion mutant!?

Hell to the yeah. :tcool:

Sophie Campbell
07-20-2016, 09:41 AM
Dave Wachter's #63 cover is SO GREAT.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Dave Wachter's #63 cover is SO GREAT.

You mean the sub cover? Agreed. Really loving that.

So, if Raph is teaming up with an enemy... is that Stockman, Bishop, or the new mutant? Assuming the new mutant...

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 09:54 AM
In the main ongoing seems like they're going to wrap up the Street Phantoms/Jammerhead and maybe Darius first before moving on with any other part of the story. So I guess the Pantheon will again be put on the backburner for a while. I also hope we continue to see more of Don and the Utroms on burnow island.

corvus
07-20-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm not a Fred Wolf or Archie fan, is that a new character or a new version of an old one?

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm not a Fred Wolf or Archie fan, is that a new character or a new version of an old one?

Its a new character/mutant.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2016, 09:57 AM
In the main ongoing seems like they're going to wrap up the Street Phantoms/Jammerhead and maybe Darius first before moving on with any other part of the story. So I guess the Pantheon will again be put on the backburner for a while. I also hope we continue to see more of Don and the Utroms on burnow island.

Yeah, Street Phantoms, Darius, and Harold will probably run no more than the next five issues (#61-65). I'd personally guess #61-63, and then #64-65 will be Don, Utroms, Fugitoid, and MAYBE Leatherhead... seeing how we're supposed to see him again before the end of the year.

ToTheNines
07-20-2016, 09:57 AM

So, if Raph is teaming up with an enemy... is that Stockman, Bishop, or the new mutant? Assuming the new mutant...

It's the A cover. Eastman did the sub.

Bye Amazing Adventures.

Sophie Campbell
07-20-2016, 09:58 AM

No, the regular cover! :) The sub cover is Kevin. edit: Whoops, Nines beat me to it.

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Yeah, Street Phantoms, Darius, and Harold will probably run no more than the next five issues (#61-65). I'd personally guess #61-63, and then #64-65 will be Don, Utroms, Fugitoid, and MAYBE Leatherhead... seeing how we're supposed to see him again before the end of the year.

To be honest I see the Street Phantoms as a replacement for The Savate from the beginning of the series. Just another street gang to cause trouble for the Foot before they're eliminated. Only this time the Street Phantoms were taken from the cartoons instead of all-new like the Savate were. Still wondering how Darius fits into all this, since in the cartoon he's supposed to be related to Casey.

Powder
07-20-2016, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that Splinter/Foot cover is by far one of the best to come out of this series. Wow.

Mew
07-20-2016, 10:27 AM
All of those covers look really nice!

Especially love the one of Splinter and the Foot!

ChosenOne
07-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Did anyone else take a look at the A cover for #63 and start hoping for a Turtles vs Splinter/Foot arc? I know I did!

Over in Universe, another new mutant? Unless there's a big confrontation with Hob and an expanded roster of Mutanimals coming, this series is starting to O.D. on mutants. Not quite there yet, just well on its way.

neatoman
07-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Has Amazing Adventures been cancelled?

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Has Amazing Adventures been cancelled?

Either that or its on break. Remember when the first Nick comic ended at #24 they took a few months break before bringing it back as Amazing Adventures.

Vicky82
07-20-2016, 02:57 PM
It looks like there could be something new after Amazing Adventures and will be announced at Comic Con.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIGK1gUDd_j/

sommariva Inks all finished on my #turtle pages! And moving straight onto the next project. It's gonna be announced at #sdcc - super excited!! #tmnt

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Maybe it'll be another special like that one with the basketball star.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-20-2016, 03:03 PM

Just shut it down. It's just limping along from what I can see.

ToTheNines
07-20-2016, 03:25 PM
I read that "next project" as being something other than TMNT. But we'll see this weekend. God I love SDCC.

neatoman
07-20-2016, 03:34 PM
It looks like there could be something new after Amazing Adventures and will be announced at Comic Con.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIGK1gUDd_j/

sommariva Inks all finished on my #turtle pages! And moving straight onto the next project. It's gonna be announced at #sdcc - super excited!! #tmnt

Let's hold our thumbs for a real shot in the arm for the nick tie-ins this time.

Hopefully it's something less sad than that.

CyberCubed
07-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Isn't the UK Nick comic still going? Its totally different than IDW's version but uses the same art style and same type of writing. Some of the writers/artists were on both. You can see reviews of it on DrSpengler's site.

Allio
07-20-2016, 05:17 PM
so wait, amazing adventures is cancelled?

Vicky82
07-20-2016, 10:47 PM
Isn't the UK Nick comic still going? Its totally different than IDW's version but uses the same art style and same type of writing. Some of the writers/artists were on both. You can see reviews of it on DrSpengler's site.

Yeah the UK comic is still going.

CyberCubed
07-21-2016, 04:25 AM
I wish IDW could collect those UK TMNT comics and release them here, but I think according to rights they can't which is why there's a UK Nick comic going in the first place.

PaulAllor
07-21-2016, 09:48 AM
That new mutant is...interesting... Some kind of...lizard-scorpion thing?

Scorpion.

Oh, it's telling me this message is too short to post. Let me try again.

Scorpioooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Scorpion.

Oh, it's telling me this message is too short to post. Let me try again.

Scorpioooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul, are you writing just the first story arc for TMNTU or the entire series?

You've got me so psyched, man... Stockman, Bishop, AND a new mutant. :tcool:

PaulAllor
07-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Paul, are you writing just the first story arc for TMNTU or the entire series?

You've got me so psyched, man... Stockman, Bishop, AND a new mutant. :tcool:

Just the first arc! It's gonna have rotating creative teams. And thanks!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Just the first arc! It's gonna have rotating creative teams. And thanks!

So when are you gonna write another Mutanimals story arc for us, huh? :tgrin:

ProphetofGanja
07-21-2016, 10:18 AM
So when are you gonna write another Mutanimals story arc for us, huh? :tgrin:

Yes, yes! I need me some more Pigeon Pete!

Utrommaniac
07-21-2016, 10:21 AM
And for the love of God, let the man-birb have his blueberry soda!

PaulAllor
07-21-2016, 02:19 PM
Time will tell! The Mutanimals are getting a lot of love in the main series right now, but when the time is right I am always ready!

MikeandRaph87
07-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Do you all think the new mutant is Alex Winter/Megavolt?

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-8-3-state-of-shock-episode-172-megavolt-leonardo-donatello-raphael-michelangelo-tmnt-review-episode-guide-list.jpg

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Nope. Its a new character.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Es la scorpion!!!

MikeandRaph87
07-22-2016, 04:40 PM
I know its a scorpion,but it occurred to me Alex Winter after he 'evolved' turned into a giant bug and a scorpion which is an arachnid is not much of a stretch. With Agent Bishop involved he could always make a mutant to stop other mutants. Just a thought.:tsmile:

The Happy One
07-25-2016, 01:36 PM
I know its a scorpion,but it occurred to me Alex Winter after he 'evolved' turned into a giant bug and a scorpion which is an arachnid is not much of a stretch. With Agent Bishop involved he could always make a mutant to stop other mutants. Just a thought.:tsmile:

Good point! He could've made more mutants, almost in a similar way he did in the 2003 cartoon.