PDA

View Full Version : Batman/TMNT Adventures (new crossover!)

AlZarkovski
07-22-2016, 08:19 AM
BATMAN AND TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES TEAM UP IN NEW COMIC SERIES!

Batman has been especially sociable this year, having crossed paths with Superman, Wonder Woman, and a time-traveling (or dream-hopping… it was hard to tell) Flash all in the span of two hours and change. But the Dark Knight’s next team-up is poised to be his most joyful in quite some time. This fall, the black-clad vigilante will find unlikely comrades in a foursome of likewise unlicensed crime fighters: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Meeting halfway between the alleys of Gotham City and the sewers of Manhattan, Bruce Wayne will team up with Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael for the limited series comic Batman/TMNT Adventures.

Nerdist got the exclusive on this new venture, the first issue of which is expected to hit shelves mid-autumn. Batman/TMNT Adventures comes from writer Matthew K. Manning, who has written Batman and Ninja Turtles comics alike, and illustrator Jon Sommariva of TMNT Amazing Adventures fame.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/batman_tmnt_redj01_sm.jpeg

The story will follow Batman, in the style we know and love from Batman: The Animated Series, in his pursuit of his usual band of foes after they break free—as they always seem to do—from the confines of Arkham Asylum. The assorted criminals will find their way across canons into New York City, where Bats will have no choice but to call upon the help of the pizza-loving goofballs devoted to keeping the Big Apple safe. It won’t only be Batman’s foes who stand in the way of justice, however; the Turtles’ collective of enemies will step in to ensure the longevity of this new taste of chaos. And of course, we’re likely to see some contribution from the heroes’ pals—perhaps Robin, Alfred, and Commissioner Gordon will lend a hand, ditto April O’Neil and Casey Jones.

Just as Batman has had a pretty standout year on the big screen, so have the Ninja Turtles, whose Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows endeared to fans, and more than a few critics. Likewise, the Turtles are currently living large on Nickelodeon, where their eponymous animated series is presently in the midst of its fourth season.

The inceptive 32-page issue—the first of six altogether—will run you $3.99, and should hit stores November 9.

http://nerdist.com/batman-and-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-team-up-in-new-comic-series/

spookycookies
07-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Huge fan of the Batman Animated Series so this is cool but I feel a little burnt out since we just finished a Batman/TMNT series I didn't think we needed another 6 issues so soon.

Is IDW publishing this time around? I am tired of ads and 4,000 variants, (and I love variants.)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Well, this will probably keep the series afloat for another year. Well played.

Zero interest.

ToTheNines
07-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Not the biggest Sommariva fan, but the DCAU aspect has me pretty ****ing jazzed.

Vicky82
07-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Cool, I still haven't read the first crossover yet, I'm going to get it on Trade Paperback.

I wonder if this is the reason why the Amazing Adventures is cancelled/hiatus

Gorilla Grodd
07-22-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm probably a bigger fan of DCAU Batman than New 52/Rebirth Batman these days so I'm all for this.

Allio
07-22-2016, 09:00 AM
eh...we just had TMNT/Batman...so...I'm not really hyped.

oldmanwinters
07-22-2016, 09:04 AM
I'm even more excited about this than I was for the first crossover, which was unbelievable in itself.

MikeandRaph87
07-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Is this the last season of Batman:TAS with thevRobin replacement and cartoonish remodeled villains? It its Natman:TAS I knowvand love I am all for it, but if its the WB! season with Nick Ninja Turtles I think I will read the trade. Not as jazzed for this as the just completed amazing team up.

*NormalGamer*
07-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Wow. Didn't expect this. ^_^

TurtleTitan97
07-22-2016, 10:11 AM
TMNT + DCAU Batman?!

SIGN ME UP!!!

TMNachoT
07-22-2016, 11:02 AM
2K3 turtles would be a better crossover with Batman from BTAS

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Let's see every universe crossover with a different incarnation of Batman:

- Adam West Batman crossover with the Original 80's Turtles. I want to see 60's Batman fight Fred Wolf Shredder.

- 1989 movie Burton Batman crossover with the 1990 Movie 1 Turtles. They fit right in with each other.

- JLU version of Batman crossover with the 2k3 Turtles as they both aired in the early 2000's

Yes.

oldmanwinters
07-22-2016, 11:35 AM
2K3 turtles would be a better crossover with this Batman

Did you mean The Batman? It would be a close mix of styles.

- Adam West Batman crossover with the Original 80's Turtles. I want to see 60's Batman fight Fred Wolf Shredder.

- 1989 movie Burton Batman crossover with the 1990 Movie 1 Turtles. They fit right in with each other.

I'd be up for either of those. I think they would be tonally and visually compatible.

TMNachoT
07-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Did you mean The Batman? It would be a close mix of styles.

I'd be up for either of those. I think they would be tonally and visually compatible.

No, Batman from BTAS,

Powder
07-22-2016, 01:08 PM
eh...we just had TMNT/Batman...so...I'm not really hyped.

This & this + I'm not really a Batman fan to begin with. Whatever, the last X-over was mad good anyway so I'm sure I'll enjoy this too.

spookycookies
07-22-2016, 01:42 PM

- JLU version of Batman crossover with the 2k3 Turtles as they both aired in the early 2000's

Yes.

Oh god '66 Batman/Fred Wolf TMNT would be the COOLEST

LeotheLateBloomer
07-22-2016, 09:23 PM

Definitely! It has more in common with TAS than Nick does.

It'd probably be like that one episode where they team up with some goofy superhero. If only I can remember what the name of the episode was.

Netkeeper
07-22-2016, 09:27 PM

Yes.
I love all of these and want them right now.

Jephael
07-22-2016, 10:12 PM
I really wish they'd incorporate Superman in this in some way.

myconius
07-22-2016, 10:30 PM
so the speculation is that TMNT Amazing Adventures is getting canceled, and i guess it's getting replaced with this?

i've enjoyed both the New Animated Adventures and Amazing Adventures, so i'll definitely be giving this an add to the pull-list.

CyberCubed
07-22-2016, 10:34 PM
so the speculation is that TMNT Amazing Adventures is getting canceled, and i guess it's getting replaced with this?

This is a 6 issue mini-series, similar to the IDW Batman/TMNT crossover.

My guess is Amazing Adventures is over though, but IDW will continue to make Nick TMNT comics via either specials or mini's like these.

myconius
07-22-2016, 10:48 PM
This is a 6 issue mini-series, similar to the IDW Batman/TMNT crossover.

My guess is Amazing Adventures is over though, but IDW will continue to make Nick TMNT comics via either specials or mini's like these.

only 6 issues??? crap!!!

oh well, better than nothing? they are corny, but i do enjoy my Nick cartoon comics!

Coola Yagami
07-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Amazing Adventures failed so horribly because it failed to deliver on what was promised. It was supposed to be its own thing and not dependent on the cartoon. After seeing a few issues, they might as well have not changed the title.

myconius
07-22-2016, 11:21 PM
Amazing Adventures failed so horribly because it failed to deliver on what was promised. It was supposed to be its own thing and not dependent on the cartoon. After seeing a few issues, they might as well have not changed the title.

i thought Amazing Adventures was supposed to be more directly tied into the continuity of the Nick series, unlike New Animated Adventures which didn't even address the season 2 finale or the retreat to Northampton or anything.

Allio
07-23-2016, 12:24 AM
so this was the crossover that IDW was talking about? that's disappointing.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 01:04 AM
I wonder how the Nick turtles will interact with Batman differently than the IDW Turtles did.

myconius
07-23-2016, 05:19 AM
I wonder how the Nick turtles will interact with Batman differently than the IDW Turtles did.

hopefully this gets right into the adventure instead of cramming tons of exposition into the first 3 or 4 issues, then having to rush the resolution of the final issue?

don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed Batman/Tmnt.
but the pacing was very unbalanced!

Joey Kamikaze
07-23-2016, 10:23 AM
So it's not the IDW turtles this time around? Cool, then I can just ignore it.

turtlefanforever
07-23-2016, 11:29 AM
At first i was like No way another one, gotta get this too, then i was like thank goodness it's adventures and don't need to buy this crap. Cool for fans of those though.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 02:58 PM
hopefully this gets right into the adventure instead of cramming tons of exposition into the first 3 or 4 issues, then having to rush the resolution of the final issue?

don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed Batman/Tmnt.
but the pacing was very unbalanced!

I assume in this one they'll skip over the intro or do it really fast. I also expect to see Nightwing, Batgirl, and Tim Drake in this one.

myconius
07-23-2016, 04:05 PM
I assume in this one they'll skip over the intro or do it really fast. I also expect to see Nightwing, Batgirl, and Tim Drake in this one.

yeah, that'll be really great if we get to see Nightwing, Batgirl, and Tim Drake as they were in BtaS season 4!!!

http://www.paulwilliamsofficial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/batman2.jpg

i for one am really excited for this cross-over because i really enjoy the nickelodeon tmnt as well.

http://i.imgur.com/HHVgUvK.gif

this is a pretty perfect match up! though i don't expect the art to be as dark as either TV show? it'll probably just look like the Amazing Adventures?

liugeaux
07-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Its bound to be more interesting than the current Amazing Adventures comics so I'm game.

darthsmozers
07-23-2016, 08:18 PM
I saw "TMNT Adventures" and got excited :ohwell:

myconius
07-23-2016, 08:53 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/amxLHEPgGDCKs/giphy.gif

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Well the Nick comic IS, "Amazing Adventures," so...

I can see how someone would confuse it for Archie TMNT Adventures though.

Redeemer
07-23-2016, 11:25 PM

Holy **** yes immensely better!!!! The 2k3 turtles would have been perfect for this or hell even the 87 Red Sky era turtles would have been better!! Hell the Red Sky era was created bc of BTAS.

The Nick series just simply does mesh well with BTAS.

CyberCubed
07-24-2016, 12:56 AM
It all depends how its written. The dark episodes of the Nicktoon can fit in well with the final season of B:TAS with the new designs, which is what I assume the animation style will be.

I can see Tim Drake getting along with Michaelangelo, Batgirl geeking out over tech with Don, Raph and Nightwing talking about following a leader, and Leo and Batman. It can be very different than the IDW version if this is the case.

ToTheNines
07-24-2016, 08:52 AM
http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/2016/07/btas-tmnt-promo-706fd.jpg

CyberCubed
07-24-2016, 11:28 AM
This looks fun. Just needs confirmation of Nightwing, Batgirl, and Tim Drake and it'll be like an episode of the cartoon.

Coola Yagami
07-24-2016, 01:13 PM
This looks fun. Just needs confirmation of Nightwing, Batgirl, and Tim Drake and it'll be like an episode of the cartoon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came in around the 3rd or so part of the story, or whenever the big final battle comes up.

Andrew NDB
07-28-2016, 12:08 PM

They deserve each other. They really do.

Powder
09-21-2016, 12:39 AM
How cool is this? A variant penciled by Steve Lavigne, inked by Peter Laird, & colored by Ben Bishop.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/14370176_1104731426275411_5392473729528383193_n.jp g?oh=334c1399c5450de186ba47a491c27a41&oe=58395986

Shred Head
09-21-2016, 04:40 AM
I'm torn on this book I love Batman: TAS its by far my favorite version of Batman. But I really dont have any interest in the Nick turtles. Not to mention the tone of both series dont mesh what so ever. This would have worked well with a 2k3 turtles and Batman TAS or a Nick Turtles and Teen Titans animated team up. This I dont know maybe I'll just wait on the trade for this one.

DVD
09-22-2016, 05:25 AM

Yes.
Well, 66 Bats has had a great run over the past couple of years.
There was a cool Man From UNCLE crossover and other interesting concepts.
I'd be totally excited for that Bats incarnation.

All that said, that initial image from this 2nd crossover is nice.

I'm sure I'll read it as it comes out, but will look forward to the hardback compilation. The first hardback arrived today. Going to read it all again at the weekend.

Jephael
09-22-2016, 08:23 PM
They deserve each other. The really do.

Okay, smart-@$$... so what version of Batman would you say deserves to meet the Mirage/Image TMNT universe?! I for one would go with this interpretation:

https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/114/2cfebd40-f43a-0132-f3e4-0e18518aac2f.jpg?

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Okay, smart-@$$... so what version of Batman would you say deserves to meet the Mirage/Image TMNT universe?! I for one would go with this interpretation:

https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/114/2cfebd40-f43a-0132-f3e4-0e18518aac2f.jpg?

WTF are you trying to say here?

Jephael
09-23-2016, 02:03 PM
WTF are you trying to say here?

I was just trying to get Andrew's goat there. I don't appreciate how he's always talking smack about the original cartoon, and I know I'm not the only person around here who feels that way.

In all seriousness though, I could see Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns iteration mix well with Mirage.

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 02:03 PM

You're a moron.

In all seriousness though, I could see Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns iteration mix well with Mirage.

That would be dumb. Maybe if it was way older Mirage Turtles, but even then outside of that first Dark Knight Returns mini-series the second two have been pretty weird and out there. The only universe worth seeing the Mirage Turtles would be the core DC universe. But obviously they'd need to step into another dimension... there's really no way to reconcile all of the events of the DCU happening simultaneously to the events of Mirage TMNT.

How cool is this? A variant penciled by Steve Lavigne, inked by Peter Laird, & colored by Ben Bishop.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/14370176_1104731426275411_5392473729528383193_n.jp g?oh=334c1399c5450de186ba47a491c27a41&oe=58395986

This is kind of a big deal. This is Peter Laird openly working on an official piece of Nickelodeon-styled TMNT artwork.

Jephael
09-23-2016, 02:12 PM
This is kind of a big deal. This is Peter Laird openly working on an official piece of Nickelodeon-styled TMNT artwork.

You put Mirage Studios on way too high of a pedestal, man. If Mr. Laird decides to do something special for us fans like this, great but don't get carried away and think it means he's gonna come back and finally finish Volume 4, which somehow leads to more stories set in that reality. Even if he did, I kinda feel like it might be "too little-too late" for a lot of folks who've long since lost interest.

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 02:17 PM
You put Mirage Studios on way too high of a pedestal, man. If Mr. Laird decides to do something special for us fans like this, great but don't get carried away and think it means he's gonna come back and finally finish Volume 4, which somehow leads to more stories set in that reality. Even if he did, I kinda feel like it might be "too little-too late" for a lot of folks who've long since lost interest.

Nobody is saying any of that, Jephael.

I just thought it was worth noting that this is a big deal. The first and only time -- to my knowledge -- he has worked on something specifically for Nick/Viacom based on Nick/Viacom-bred designs.

Jephael
09-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Are you CHARGing today?

Dude, please do not make light of a medical condition I was born with, especially one you know nothing about. It's that kinda crap that made me realize that you're definitely not the kind of individual I wish to associate myself with. Now I'm not gonna pull a Powder and avoid you like the plague on here, but if you take another pot-shot like that again, I will have no choice but to report you to a moderator.

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much, Jeph. You're very generous for that, and I'm very grateful you won't avoid me like the plague. I look forward to many more similar exchanges.

Here, as a token of my gratitude...

http://theblondebuckeye.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Waffle-Iron-Sugar-Cookies-with-Vanilla-Bean-Glaze1-_-The-Blonde-Buckeye.jpg

Jephael
09-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Thank you so much, Jeph. You're very generous for that, and I'm very grateful you won't avoid me like the plague. I look forward to many more similar exchanges.

Here, as a token of my gratitude...

http://theblondebuckeye.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Waffle-Iron-Sugar-Cookies-with-Vanilla-Bean-Glaze1-_-The-Blonde-Buckeye.jpg

Heh heh, I'll admit that's pretty funny, though you really need to quit living in the past. I took that job a friggin lifetime ago. Hell, your failed marriage was more recent!

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Hell, your failed marriage was more recent!

"Failed" marriage is putting it pretty lightly.

neatoman
09-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Ah, forum drama. I will literally go and get some snacks now.

Candy Kappa
09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Batman & Robin v Next Mutation.

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
You two are ruining this thread. The comics section is supposed to be peace and love. Obviously you two are mad at each other, but why name drop and drag Powder in to this Jeff? Get a life.

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Ah, forum drama. I will literally go and get some snacks now.

Jeph and Andrew knew each other in real life. Its like seeing some failed bromance or something after 15-20 years.

Powder
09-23-2016, 03:14 PM

My thoughts exactly! I couldn't believe people were just letting it slip right past them. I'm sure he wanted in for Batman, rather than the turtles, though.

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 03:17 PM
My thoughts exactly! I couldn't believe people were just letting it slip right past them. I'm sure he wanted in for Batman, rather than the turtles, though.

Or maybe as simple as him doing a favor for Lavigne. Although yeah... this would mark the first time Peter has ever drawn Batman in an official capacity. There's also that.

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 03:45 PM
Its not a big deal for PL, he also worked on that 30th anniversary book cover with Kevin.

Andrew NDB
09-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Its not a big deal for PL, he also worked on that 30th anniversary book cover with Kevin.

And while that was for IDW, it was just the Mirage TMNT on the cover. Here, he's actually rendering Nicktoon TMNT.

Jephael
09-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Jeph and Andrew knew each other in real life. Its like seeing some failed bromance or something after 15-20 years.

Um, no we met online but briefly hung out at San Diego Comic Con in 2013 and stayed at a hotel room together in 2015. Sadly I don't plan on repeating that next year.

And while that was for IDW, it was just the Mirage TMNT on the cover. Here, he's actually rendering Nicktoon TMNT.

Wouldn't be the first time he drew cartoon versions of the TMNT. He did it a few times for the original cartoon and Archie comics back in the day.

turtlefanforever
09-23-2016, 04:58 PM
THIS is what gets Peter to work on TMNT again? Wtf man.

ToTheNines
09-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Go away, troll.

Jephael
09-23-2016, 08:09 PM
THIS is what gets Peter to work on TMNT again? Wtf man.

Hey I'm still holding out for him to do a voice-over cameo on the Nickelodeon cartoon.

Go away, troll.

http://www.freaksugar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/trolllls.jpg
May these haunt you for hundreds of sleepless nights... MWA HA HA HA!!!

CyberCubed
09-23-2016, 08:27 PM
I'm surprised Playmates never brought back Troll Turtles over the years. That hair is scary.

Andrew NDB
09-24-2016, 12:27 AM
I'm surprised Playmates never brought back Troll Turtles over the years. That hair is scary.

It's the eyes. The eyes.

Utrommaniac
09-24-2016, 12:35 AM
Oh, sweet mercy :o . They're just staring into the abyss like they have seen all and know what it is to fear.

And wow, that copy text at the top. "These magical Mutants don't like being held by their hair. So have a care." Why??? Why put that in the copy text? And "...provided you don't have anything to do with the Foot"???

Andrew NDB
09-24-2016, 01:14 AM
Wouldn't be the first time he drew cartoon versions of the TMNT. He did it a few times for the original cartoon and Archie comics back in the day.

You're not really following, Jeph. There was this thing... this 63 million dollar sale. He sold all of TMNT, all of it. Since then, people outside of his sphere of influence have been making new TMNT universes... and this is the first time he's ever actively been drawing stuff of them, based on stuff he never approved and didn't design or sign off on being designed.

Jephael
09-25-2016, 04:22 AM
There was this thing... this 63 million dollar sale. He sold all of TMNT, all of it. Since then, people outside of his sphere of influence have been making new TMNT universes... and this is the first time he's ever actively been drawing stuff of them, based on stuff he never approved and didn't design or sign off on being designed.

G7OWVM50sBw

Maybe it's the fact that I'm actually starting to grow tired of the Ninja Turtles, but I honestly feel like you're making way too big a deal of this. Peter Laird is free to do whatever he wants with his life and if he decides he wants to get involved with newer iterations of the TMNT that's great, but I wouldn't go jizzing in my pants over it like you appear to be doing.

ToTheNines
09-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Alright, just stfu Geoffrey. You obviously can't wrap your head around what he's saying. That'll do.

Jephael
09-25-2016, 05:03 AM
Alright, just shut it Geoffrey.

Whoa, easy there, tiger. I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter. I will admit it is cool whenever Mr. Laird gets involved with anything TMNT related, but at the same time I just don't agree with Andrew on what makes this occasion so special. Maybe it's because I don't obsess over what happened with the franchise half a decade ago. Mirage Studios is basically on life support these days, and there's a safe bet that by the end of the decade it'll be gone for good. I've accepted that. It's time to move on.

ToTheNines
09-25-2016, 05:06 AM
"Blah blah blah, potshot at Andrew"

Seriously, take your drama to the GD section, or off-site all together.

Jephael
09-25-2016, 05:14 AM
"Blah blah blah, potshot at Andrew"

Seriously, take your drama to the GD section, or off-site all together.

This from the guy who constantly berates CyberCubed. Practice what you preach, man, and let Andrew stand up for himself. He's a big boy, he can handle his own battles.

ToTheNines
09-25-2016, 05:40 AM
He's an annoying troll, and you've done your fair share of bitching at him. I leave him alone in the comics section, because he behaves himself here. Unlike you.

I'm not sticking up for Andrew, he can cut this **** too. But the fact remains that he has tried to change the subject but you're being a thick headed idiot for the sole purpose of arguing with him.

Go cyberstalk someone. Just not on the Drome.

Jephael
09-25-2016, 07:05 AM
Dude, we don't know one another and you're not worth explaining my actions to. If you can't handle a little heated argument between two former colleagues than maybe this forum... hell, maybe the internet just isn't for you.

myconius
10-05-2016, 11:43 AM

not trying to be facetious but i think these two might actually be an appropriate pair?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/8e/Next_Mutation_cast.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140325091839&path-prefix=de

for all it's bad points, i do find the Batman & Robin movie very entertaining :lol:

Tmnt : Next Mutation . . . . . . not so much!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-05-2016, 11:56 AM
So to sum up, Jeph and Andrew exchanging potshots and Peter Laird drew a cover for Nick TMNT meeting Batman!?

Hey, Jeph. If you've really grown up and away from TMNT, maybe stop talking about TMNT. You sound like an ex-boyfriend.

"I'm totally over Jennifer. Jennifer was crazy. Jennifer was a b!tch. I'm totally over her. I don't even think about Jennifer anymore. Yup, I am most definitely 100% completely absolutely over Jennifer. Ha ha ha. Of course I don't miss Jennifer. ... ... I'm so lonely, take me back, Jennifer! I CAN CHANGE!!!"

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I had no idea this was still going on.

If you've really grown up and away from TMNT

He hasn't, and if he tells you that he is being dishonest with you and with himself. Mostly he spends his time writing fanfiction stories literally injecting himself as a character into them, where he hangs out with Splinter and goes on adventures with Marty McFly and My Little Pony in Smallville and such. Because nothing says sound minded than that.

Don't believe me? Check it out (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/fanfic.htm).

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 12:11 PM
not trying to be facetious but i think these two might actually be an appropriate pair?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/8/8e/Next_Mutation_cast.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140325091839&path-prefix=de

for all it's bad points, i do find the Batman & Robin movie very entertaining :lol:

Tmnt : Next Mutation . . . . . . not so much!!

Batman/Robin = Next Mutation perfectly.

:lol:

myconius
10-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Mirage Studios is basically on life support these days, and there's a safe bet that by the end of the decade it'll be gone for good. I've accepted that. It's time to move on.

can't honestly say "it's a safe bet" for certain.

Batman/Robin = Next Mutation perfectly.

:lol:

thank you!!! :D

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Well the problem with Mirage is PL doesn't seem to want any comics to be produced without him directly working on them. I mean if Jim Lawson said he wanted to make a new TMNT comic at Mirage, would PL even let him?

myconius
10-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Well the problem with Mirage is PL doesn't seem to want any comics to be produced without him directly working on them. I mean if Jim Lawson said he wanted to make a new TMNT comic at Mirage, would PL even let him?

i think legally as part of the agreement, Peter Lair would HAVE to be actively involved in any Mirage Tmnt comics produced?

i wonder if even just being Editor or drafting the over-all script would count?

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 01:49 PM
i think legally as part of the agreement, Peter Lair would HAVE to be actively involved in any Mirage Tmnt comics produced?

Correct, as we now know.

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 01:52 PM
But can't that be as simple as Jim Lawson pitching a story to him, and PL saying, "OK, go do it, but I have to approve where it goes."

Isn't that how most of Tales of the TMNT's stories came about? PL was pitched stories but he didn't actively write or handle most of them.

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 02:21 PM
But can't that be as simple as Jim Lawson pitching a story to him, and PL saying, "OK, go do it, but I have to approve where it goes."

Isn't that how most of Tales of the TMNT's stories came about? PL was pitched stories but he didn't actively write or handle most of them.

No. He has to be heavily involved in it, not just from an editorial or approval side. That's the deal with Nick.

myconius
10-05-2016, 02:57 PM
No. He has to be heavily involved in it, not just from an editorial or approval side. That's the deal with Nick.

well that kinda blows chunks! :ohwell:

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 02:59 PM
well that kinda blows chunks! :ohwell:

There's probably ways around it. i.e., just basically let Jim Lawson write/draw a comic, and then just put his own name as a co-writer. And maybe ink the cover or something. That'd probably satisfy the requirements. And it has to be in black and white.

Jephael
10-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Hey, Jeph. If you've really grown up and away from TMNT, maybe stop talking about TMNT. You sound like an ex-boyfriend.

"I'm totally over Jennifer. Jennifer was crazy. Jennifer was a b!tch. I'm totally over her. I don't even think about Jennifer anymore. Yup, I am most definitely 100% completely absolutely over Jennifer. Ha ha ha. Of course I don't miss Jennifer. ... ... I'm so lonely, take me back, Jennifer! I CAN CHANGE!!!"

Um, I think you're misunderstanding what I've been saying. I'm not completely done with TMNT, I'm just not as into them as I used to be.

Mostly he spends his time writing fan-fiction stories literally injecting himself as a character into them, where he hangs out with Splinter and goes on adventures with Marty McFly and My Little Pony in Smallville and such. Because nothing says sound minded than that.

Don't believe me? http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/jephaelverse/

WTF, Andrew?! I thought we were done taking potshots at each other! I gotta say that's a mighty low blow, even for you. Please do me a favor and erase all copies you have of my website from your domain and personal files. I no longer have any need of your services, thank you.

Furthermore, next time you make these kinda snide comments, I'm getting Machias involved.

myconius
10-05-2016, 03:04 PM
There's probably ways around it. i.e., just basically let Jim Lawson write/draw a comic, and then just put his own name as a co-writer. And maybe ink the cover or something. That'd probably satisfy the requirements. And it has to be in black and white.

that hopefully would come to pass one of these days?
Peter is a very talented inker and he probably wouldn't even have to ink the entire comic, even if he just did a few pages worth?

still though ...... i'm not holding my breath, but it'd be really awesome if him and Jim Lawson concluded Vol. 4.

i know some disagree, but i very much prefer the B&W myself.

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 03:05 PM
WTF, Andrew?! I thought we were done taking potshots at each other! I gotta say that's a mighty low blow, even for you. Please do me a favor and erase all copies you have of my website from your domain and personal files. I no longer have any need of your services, thank you.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/156/rQuKJ4.jpg

Furthermore, next time you make these kinda snide comments, I'm getting Machias involved.

QjfuTn6d1ZU

that hopefully would come to pass one of these days?
Peter is a very talented inker and he probably wouldn't even have to ink the entire comic, even if he just did a few pages worth?

still though ...... i'm not holding my breath, but it'd be really awesome if him and Jim Lawson concluded Vol. 4.

Doubtful. Peter wouldn't ever want to revisit volume 4 unless he was going "all in" as he was before. I don't think he'd ever give anyone else the keys to it.

myconius
10-05-2016, 03:13 PM
Doubtful. Peter wouldn't ever want to revisit volume 4 unless he was going "all in" as he was before. I don't think he'd ever give anyone else the keys to it.

that's a shame!

well, it'll just have to be left unfinished like Mozart's Requiem.

Zi8vJ_lMxQI

a bit dramatic, yes i know! but i take my comics very seriously!!! :lol:

Jephael
10-05-2016, 03:14 PM
That's it, I'm done with you Andrew. You're blocked on Facebook and I'm putting you on ignore here. See ya!

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 03:24 PM
That's it, I'm done with you Andrew. You're blocked on Facebook and I'm putting you on ignore here. See ya!

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/2938/IDTAEt.jpg

Ninjinister
10-05-2016, 03:42 PM
I hate this place. Wtf is even going on?

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 03:43 PM

Jim Lawson did post a picture/art of what he thought the Volume 4 conclusion would be like a few months or year ago.

Powder
10-05-2016, 04:49 PM
And it has to be in black and white.

Wouldn't want it any other way, personally. Mirage in color, covers/prints aside, just kinda feels 'wrong' to me.

myconius
10-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Jim Lawson did post a picture/art of what he thought the Volume 4 conclusion would be like a few months or year ago.

yeah i saw that illustration! it was really beautiful!

one day i'd love to see all that leading to that moment.

but the illustration was still awesome! :D

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 05:14 PM
yeah i saw that illustration! it was really beautiful!

one day i'd love to see all that leading to that moment.

but the illustration was still awesome! :D

I'm not fond of Mikey coming home with 3 little alien turtle babies though. I don't think even PL was planning that.

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 05:15 PM
I'm not fond of Mikey coming home with 3 little alien turtle babies though. I don't think even PL was planning that.

My gut is that no, he wouldn't be planning that. Mikey was frauded.

CyberCubed
10-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Given how much PL hates the idea of the Turtles reproducing, I'd think that too.

myconius
10-05-2016, 05:22 PM
they should have had Michelangelo coming back to Earth with babies from some other species. something that couldn't possible be his!
and have it that the Mother just took off and left him holding the 'diaper' bag.

Andrew NDB
10-05-2016, 05:31 PM
they should have had Michelangelo coming back to Earth with babies from some other species. something that couldn't possible be his!
and have it that the Mother just took off and left him holding the 'diaper' bag.

That could be one possible outcome. Mikey playing single father to Styracodon babies that aren't his. I could see that happening, possibly.

myconius
10-05-2016, 05:38 PM
That could be one possible outcome. Mikey playing single father to Styracodon babies that aren't his. I could see that happening, possibly.

that i think is more likely! Michelangelo seems the noble type that would be a father to children that weren't his. sort of like Casey with Shadow.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-05-2016, 06:31 PM

that i think is more likely! Michelangelo seems the noble type that would be a father to children that weren't his. sort of like Casey with Shadow.

Agreed. I mean, come on... I don't think Styracodons lay a clutch of eggs within 24 hours.

myconius
10-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Agreed. I mean, come on... I don't think Styracodons lay a clutch of eggs within 24 hours.

has anyone ever started a thread of the most likely outcomes of all the loose ends from Mirage vol. 4 ??

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-06-2016, 08:04 AM
has anyone ever started a thread of the most likely outcomes of all the loose ends from Mirage vol. 4 ??

Yeah, probably once or twice. I don't get tired of discussing it, though; go resurrect one or make a new one. :twink:

myconius
10-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Yeah, probably once or twice. I don't get tired of discussing it, though; go resurrect one or make a new one. :twink:

rather than sift through old posts to find the best one (i'm sure there's several?)
probably be better to just start a new one? :D

myconius
10-06-2016, 08:20 AM

it's pretty bare boned right now, but i figure the tittle is enough? :tgrin:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=1630441#post1630441

AlZarkovski
10-12-2016, 03:50 PM
New cool covers:

https://www.dynamicforces.com/images/C125558.jpg
https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C125558.html

https://www.dynamicforces.com/images/C125559.jpg
https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C125559.html

CyberCubed
10-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Damn, those covers are really hitting my childhood nostalgia. As a kid I always wanted to see the Turtles crossover with the animated Batman, who knew I'd get my wish 20 years later?

I guess you never know what the future will bring. My former 8 year old kid self would be jumping up and down.

Jephael
10-12-2016, 06:45 PM
As a kid I always wanted to see the Turtles crossover with the animated Batman, who knew I'd get my wish 20 years later?

I guess you never know what the future will bring. My former 8 year old kid self would be jumping up and down.

I'm still holding out for a TMNT/Darkwing Duck cross-over, though that's definitely wishful thinking.

myconius
11-01-2016, 05:16 PM
i didn't realize the new cross-over was only a week away!!

http://comics.gocollect.com/priceguide/view/961349

good thing IDW is listed as the publisher this time

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

at least there won't be an add every other page.

AlZarkovski
11-07-2016, 10:50 AM
New interview (http://www.comicosity.com/interview-manning-sommariva-talk-batmanteenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-adventures/). Spoilers Alert!

myconius
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
New interview (http://www.comicosity.com/interview-manning-sommariva-talk-batmanteenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-adventures/). Spoilers Alert!

i'm going to have to bookmark that interview for later. i usually prefer going into a story with a blank slate and no preconceived notions. :)

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Cool interview.

funatic
11-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Is this still coming out this week?

ToTheNines
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Yes, November 9th :D

shredder orokusaki
11-16-2016, 02:32 PM
you dont like that i beat the turtles again that why you are not talking about it, right? MUHAHHAAH. It was great to meet Batman enemies again. Together we can destroy both turles and batman!!

PApagreg
11-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Together we can destroy both turles and batman!!

If you want to destroy Turles you might need Goku

DestronMirage22
11-16-2016, 08:35 PM
If you want to destroy Turles you might need Goku

Not to mention the Spirit Bomb.:P

p.tom
11-17-2016, 01:22 AM
The first paperback finally arrived at my local comic book store a couple of weeks ago. Have to get that in near future.

BigMike322
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM
I loved the original mini series and so far I'm loving the new one. Granted I've only read the first issue.

ToTheNines
03-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Kinda random, but I thought y'all would dig it.

http://img11.deviantart.net/4db9/i/2016/240/6/7/batman_ninja_turtles_1990s_movie_poster_by_geektru th64-dafn8o0.jpg

myconius
03-11-2017, 09:21 AM
Kinda random, but I thought y'all would dig it.

http://img11.deviantart.net/4db9/i/2016/240/6/7/batman_ninja_turtles_1990s_movie_poster_by_geektru th64-dafn8o0.jpg

that would have made for an awesome movie!!! :D