PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer bands or solo artists?

Wesley
07-22-2016, 11:33 AM
Do you prefer bands or solo artists? I prefer solo artists, as it's easier to get to know one person, though I like bands nearly as much.

Mew
07-22-2016, 11:34 AM
I prefer buttered toast. :tcool:

Prowler
07-22-2016, 12:00 PM
Hmm... honestly, I don't really know. I listen to more bands, but I also listen to many solo artists, mostly jazz musicians. That being said, a lot of times solo artists really aren't solo. They need to hire a band or an orchestra of some sort to help them out. I mean, if it's a singer, he needs someone to play instruments for him/her.

Netkeeper
07-22-2016, 12:15 PM
I don't have a preference for one over the other but the majority of my music collection would be made of bands rather than solo artists. The solo artists I like are usually the ones that had prior involvement with my other bands.

Mzx10484
07-22-2016, 12:21 PM
That being said, a lot of times solo artists really aren't solo. They need to hire a band or an orchestra of some sort to help them out. I mean, if it's a singer, he needs someone to play instruments for him/her.

That's it. Is Joe Bonamassa a solo artist? No, he is announced "Joe Bonamassa & Band" ... and he has a great band! Is David Gilmour a solo artist today? No, I was on his concert on Monday, he was on stage with 8 (!) artists - background singers etc...

Prowler
07-22-2016, 12:24 PM
That's it. Is Joe Bonamassa a solo artist? No, he is announced "Joe Bonamassa & Band" ... and he has a great band! Is David Gilmour a solo artist today? No, I was on his concert on Monday, he was on stage with 8 (!) artists - background singers etc...
Yeah hard to give a performance all by yourself unless you're a pianist or something.

snake
07-22-2016, 12:24 PM
I can't decide, because I listen to a lot of rap. I like groups like The Beastie Boys or Wu Tang, but I listen to way more solo guys. Group music has a certain energy to it that you don't really get with one or two guys rapping. Both are great.

Powder
07-22-2016, 01:14 PM
Why would you prefer one over the other? Good music is good music, & more often than not, every album has multiple musicians involved. Even Rappers aren't sh*t without their producers half the time.

Wesley
07-23-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't have a preference for one over the other but the majority of my music collection would be made of bands rather than solo artists. The solo artists I like are usually the ones that had prior involvement with my other bands.

I like a roughly equal number of bands and solo artists, though half of the solo artists I like were originally part of bands as well.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
08-03-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't care. A solo artist always needs a band playing behind unless he or she just sits alone with a guitar, harmonica or piano.