PDA

View Full Version : [Comment] People with profile comments turned off...

Netkeeper
07-23-2016, 10:29 AM
How am I supposed to address your off-topic concerns without posting right there in a thread and veering off topic? Turn your page comments back on or at least explain why you think removing them was a good idea. :ohwell:

ToTheNines
07-23-2016, 10:32 AM
You can still PM them.

The Deadman
07-23-2016, 10:36 AM
You can still PM them.

Thats too much work

Etsyturtle2
07-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Thats too much work

R

Saying

Thhhhhhiiiis

Mew
07-23-2016, 11:11 AM
I once did it because I didn't like that it cluttered my user page. Then, I realized that I was being silly, so they went back on my page.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-23-2016, 12:10 PM
How am I supposed to address your off-topic concerns without posting right there in a thread and veering off topic? Turn your page comments back on or at least explain why you think removing them was a good idea. :ohwell:

Because I'm OCD and don't like that I can't delete messages without them still showing as "Deleted Message".

PM is better anyway.

CyberCubed
07-23-2016, 12:26 PM
I have them off because I know random kids would send me pointless messages.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-23-2016, 12:30 PM

That, too. Which you then can't permanently delete.

Netkeeper
07-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Yeah, but you have a LIMIT on your PM box, so I try to only use it for important things. I don't like filling my PM box with pointless banter between myself and someone else. I only take things private when I need to tell someone... something private.

Powder
07-23-2016, 01:54 PM

All you gotta do is make your "wall" for friends only, like me. Problem solved.

Netkeeper
07-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Wait a minute, what? You can make them friends only? I don't even see that you have one. Does this mean all the people I'm complaining about and getting pissed that I can't post on their profiles are just hiding them?

It's really ****ing stupid for a feature like that to be completely invisible.

snake
07-23-2016, 02:51 PM
I leave mine open just to see what I get sometimes.

Powder
07-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Wait a minute, what? You can make them friends only? I don't even see that you have one. Does this mean all the people I'm complaining about and getting pissed that I can't post on their profiles are just hiding them?

It's really ****ing stupid for a feature like that to be completely invisible.

I don't appear to have one for you as we're not friends on the site, so in some cases it's that, others may have them removed altogether like Penny, Cylon, Cubed, etc. Just tinker around in User CP for a bit, you'll find various settings (assuming you want to change something).

Netkeeper
07-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Nah, I don't make much of the friends feature except to mark specific people in the online list. I don't need to hide my profile comments or anything like that -- if someone posts junk on there I just don't respond to it.

EDIT: This post does not mean I want more people on my friendslist. :| I only add people that I'm actually friendly with or want to be friends with.

CyberCubed
07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Its kind of funny that so many people visit my profile (I see the usernames of everyone on the forum every so often when it refreshes), expecting to see something yet nothing is there. I have no info on my profile at all.

Mew
07-26-2016, 06:19 PM
Its kind of funny that so many people visit my profile (I see the usernames of everyone on the forum every so often when it refreshes), expecting to see something yet nothing is there. I have no info on my profile at all.
Today I clicked on your profile by mistake on a thread.

Prowler
07-27-2016, 03:59 AM
I like to make sure I don't miss/overlook a new thread of yours or a funny post you've made in threads I don't visit(such as superhero stuff).

Netkeeper
07-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Hey, it says you're male! More info than some peoples' provide.

Krutch
07-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Just don't make yourself important enough to warrant people posting on your wall like me and it won't be a problem :)

sdp
07-27-2016, 07:21 PM
I often click people's profiles accidentally, I don't actually care enough to go to anyone's profile.

Except Gobo, I missed him and saw he had left a long time ago. Wish him the best.

Commenter 42
07-27-2016, 08:06 PM
I get more PM's than wall posts, but it's usually the same few folks.
Wall posts are nice, they're a good time.

I think I owe a few people some PM's actually - I get distracted. Too much Clump in the news.

CyberCubed
07-28-2016, 04:00 PM
I like to make sure I don't miss/overlook a new thread of yours or a funny post you've made in threads I don't visit(such as superhero stuff).

I honestly wonder if there are people out there who stalk my profile to read every single new post I make.

snake
07-28-2016, 04:18 PM
I honestly wonder if there are people out there who stalk my profile to read every single new post I make.

I never miss another entry into the Cybercubed Manifesto