http://i.imgur.com/u38eQ7c.jpg

go_ninja84
07-23-2016, 01:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u38eQ7c.jpg

Looks like I'll be broke next year too lol

EddieNES
07-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Jeez. That is a big turtle.

Wonder if they are planning all 4. I'd totally get Don.

Powder
07-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Wish it were a Henson turtle, that'd be something... This is pretty cool, all the same! I'd love to have one, though I have no good space for it. :tlol: I wonder what the price point will be like.

turtlefan27
07-23-2016, 02:07 PM
Dang!! That's awesome..bet he takes forever to paint.

Mew
07-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Wish it were a Henson turtle, that'd be something... This is pretty cool, all the same! I'd love to have one, though I have no good space for it. :tlol: I wonder what the price point will be like.
Probably around $400 is my guess.

Sabacooza
07-23-2016, 02:43 PM
Really wish it wasn't made out of foam and latex. Just seems less durable than plastic.

The Fifth Turtle
07-23-2016, 02:45 PM
With all these NECA announcements, I wish we'd get something Mirage related from them.

EddieNES
07-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Hopefully.

So you're telling me there's a chance.
I gotcha Neca!

*roughly 800-900$ was said on Twitter.

TheMasterTurtle
07-23-2016, 03:09 PM
Its cool but an easy pass for me

go_ninja84
07-23-2016, 03:20 PM
is he gonna be articulated?

TurtleWA
07-23-2016, 03:21 PM
Seems like something comic book stores or vintage toy dealers would want for display purposes.

909 Turtle Fan
07-23-2016, 03:22 PM
It is cool, but if it was only in a normal 7 inch figure scale. Damn you playmates.

Powder
07-23-2016, 03:37 PM
*roughly 800-900$ was said on Twitter.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1r80uu.gif

EddieNES
07-23-2016, 03:39 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/1r80uu.gif

Yeah. I saw that and was like, welp, I'll look at everyone's pics. lol.
Too many great things coming out to throw 1k at one item.

Powder
07-23-2016, 03:40 PM
I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend even half that on such a thing, especially when it's not made of what I would consider to be durable material.

Sabacooza
07-23-2016, 04:01 PM
Even if it were made of hard plastic, that price is outrageous. If Jakks Pacific can do 4' figures for 100 bucks why are these so expensive?

Lil Karai
07-23-2016, 04:29 PM
Even if it were made of hard plastic, that price is outrageous. If Jakks Pacific can do 4' figures for 100 bucks why are these so expensive?

They've done batman and some other full size figures like alien eggs for a similar price. You can ask why on Twitter if you like. I think it's a super dense and durable material from what I've heard others say about the eggs and batman.

go_ninja84
07-23-2016, 04:31 PM

Looking at the pics I can see there is more attention to detail than the Jakks and I think they are appealing to adult collectors. But still very outrageous, I will not be getting these if that's the price

Candy Kappa
07-23-2016, 04:42 PM
NECA's 1/1 sized Deadpool and Batman goes for $1000.

Lil Karai
07-23-2016, 07:39 PM
Yeah, these aren't geared toward your average collector. A high end specialty item that small numbers of people or stores might want. I'd imagine they'd produce these in pretty low numbers, but I have no info to back that statement up.

I think right now NECA is just trying to do everything they can in any scale they can to try and impress the hell out of people and Nickelodeon, so that Nick might partition out the license a bit better in the future....

turtlefan27
07-23-2016, 08:39 PM
Yeah, these aren't geared toward your average collector. A high end specialty item that small numbers of people or stores might want. I'd imagine they'd produce these in pretty low numbers, but I have no info to back that statement up.

I think right now NECA is just trying to do everything they can in any scale they can to try and impress the hell out of people and Nickelodeon, so that Nick might partition out the license a bit better in the future....

Agreed and I hope it works

bretttheleofan
07-23-2016, 08:43 PM
I have the gremlin and E.T. by them. They are very durable and made of the same material. You just have to know how to take care of them over time so they don't degrade. Like any Foam latex/ latex piece it can't be in direct UV light and should only be under LED lighting for longevity purposes. This is coming from someone who makes makeup appliances/lifesizes and collects screen used and production made props/prosthetics.

This is my lifesize Raph that is a wearable costume. This is not a production piece nor was it made by me but I love it. I did do the sais however.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/brettfields/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160706_235234_zpsyhn4d8gj.jpg (http://s154.photobucket.com/user/brettfields/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160706_235234_zpsyhn4d8gj.jpg.html)

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
07-23-2016, 09:32 PM
NECA's 1/1 sized Deadpool and Batman goes for $1000.

Was it NECA that made the Jack Nicholson Joker that had the real clothes and the movie props and all that? It originally retailed for like $250 but it probably goes for more now. There's also a Batmobile from the Burton film that extremely articulated and all the lights and buttons actually function. I'm just curious if that was NECA that done those. I remember my buddy that owns my comic book store had them and they were awesome but super expensive.

Powder
07-23-2016, 09:35 PM
NECA did do a Burton Batman with a cloth cape but I believe you're thinking of Hot Toys.

imevilduckie
07-23-2016, 10:37 PM
Was it NECA that made the Jack Nicholson Joker that had the real clothes and the movie props and all that? It originally retailed for like $250 but it probably goes for more now. There's also a Batmobile from the Burton film that extremely articulated and all the lights and buttons actually function. I'm just curious if that was NECA that done those. I remember my buddy that owns my comic book store had them and they were awesome but super expensive.

Hot Toys, and I have that Joker. It's awesome. Would've also purchased the Batmobile but it's enormous.

cloud
07-24-2016, 01:10 AM

Hot Toys because NECA didn't want to do a Joker figure because it's too expensive to get Jack Nicholson's likeliness.

TurtleManiac
07-24-2016, 11:21 PM
Wow that is something, a life size OT Leo, I totally want that! I imagine it's gonna be pretty expensive. Wonder if they're gonna make all 4 turtles and then some additional characters in this scale. The turtles didn't show they're teeth very often in the toon when angry so they must have got that from the vintage figures or comics.

Man, this is crazy how much throwback TMNT figures are coming out right now, gonna have to start selling things to get money for all this.

statik
07-25-2016, 09:40 AM
$900... Haha. Yeah, no.

Guess I'll email Jakks Pacific to find out when the heck we get Raphael and Donny to complete the set. $100 vs $900 is a no brainer.

Sabacooza
07-25-2016, 10:24 AM
$900... Haha. Yeah, no.

Guess I'll email Jakks Pacific to find out when the heck we get Raphael and Donny to complete the set. $100 vs $900 is a no brainer.Let us know what you find out. I'm curious about that myself.

go_ninja84
07-25-2016, 02:52 PM
BBTS has him for 899 so im out with this one saving fo rthe Henson figures

Candy Kappa
07-25-2016, 02:55 PM
$900... Haha. Yeah, no.

Guess I'll email Jakks Pacific to find out when the heck we get Raphael and Donny to complete the set. $100 vs $900 is a no brainer.

Sure. If you got Leo and Mikey, it's better to stick with Jakks and finish the roster.

But NECA and Jakks are pretty different in comparison.

statik
07-25-2016, 04:42 PM
Sure. If you got Leo and Mikey, it's better to stick with Jakks and finish the roster.

But NECA and Jakks are pretty different in comparison.

You realize collecting all four is $3,600.

The way I see it. I rather have the full set of Sideshow statues at $350 each totaling $1,400. Neca is still double over that. I just can't justify $900 each. Foam is not a expensive material. There's zero articulation. Static figure. I can see shops buying for display purposes end collectors who throw money around like nothing but the average collector? No thanks.

ProactiveMan
07-25-2016, 08:37 PM

The way I see it. I rather have the full set of Sideshow statues at $350 each totaling $1,400. Neca is still double over that. I just can't justify $900 each. Foam is not a expensive material. There's zero articulation. Static figure. I can see shops buying for display purposes end collectors who throw money around like nothing but the average collector? No thanks.

S'not for the average collector - it's not even for the above average collector. These are for the high rollers who want something big and showy to tie their collection together Ė like the Dudeís rug, but in Ninja Turtle form. Itís like the full size Terminator endoskeletons, or life-size Predator helmets Ė most people canít justify the expense (I sure canít) but some people evidently can.

Also, these days $1000 isnít that surprising for a five foot tall, hand painted, licenced figure that will no doubt be produced in limited numbers. Crappy 6Ē Batman toys are $30 each for Peteís sake.

LilithMV
07-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Meanwhile I'm just sitting here waiting for a smaller version of the latest NECA TMNT Arcade figures, (4,5-5 inches at most, close to current Playmates figures).

Still, if I had lots on money to spare I would love to have a giant sized Leo in my apartment. That would be kinda cute.

Powder
07-25-2016, 11:24 PM
You mean the Henson turtles? There's no way they're going to make smaller Arcade figures, they're average sized toys in the first place.

LilithMV
07-26-2016, 12:06 AM
You mean the Henson turtles? There's no way they're going to make smaller Arcade figures, they're average sized toys in the first place.

The SDCC exclusive ones. They seem to be a little too big for most TMNT vehicles. I like to pose the dudes in vehicles sometimes and that is hard when a figure is like a head longer than the average TMNT figure.

Powder
07-26-2016, 12:18 AM
I see, well, I'd say there's zero chance of that. If they were large scale to begin with, maybe, but I can see no reason why they would re-produce them an inch or two smaller.

TurtleManiac
07-26-2016, 01:45 AM
$900...ouch. As bad as I want this, I will most likely have to pass. Already gonna be spending a ton on the NECA Arcade and Movie figures. This Leo totally reminds me of the episode "Michelangelo Toys Around" in which Mike poses as a full size turtle toy. Vernon says something like "Don't tell me they're actually making toys of those Ninja Turtles now".

Candy Kappa
07-26-2016, 04:17 AM

It's a 1:1 scaled latex and foam rubber, hand painted item. It's not for the average collector.