PDA

View Full Version : Who should direct TMNT Part 3?

Andrew NDB
07-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Who was the better director, Jonathan Liebesman (TMNT the Movie Part 1) or Dave Green (TMNT the Movie Part 2: Out of the Shadows)? Should either of them come back? Did either man really direct anything?

I think Dave Green has a pretty impressive resume of movies and should be asked back.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Did a clan of stone trolls remove ice magic from you as a baby? 'Cause you seem awful chummy with those guys.

RETTEB SNATAS
07-25-2016, 12:21 PM
FU*K Liebesman. Green did a MUCH better job. Not even close.

IndigoErth
07-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Vote for Dave Green. Haven't really had any complaints about his directing job. We just need to hogtie certain people to make sure they butt out and let the director do his job without their so-called "ideas" (aka in some cases "demands") getting in the way.

neatoman
07-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Here's the dream crew:

Directed by no one
Written nobody
Produced by nothing
Not starring a soul

And it looks like I'll get my wish.

Powder
07-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Dave Green did a way better job but I'd be curious to see what a third guy can do.

ToTheNines
07-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Jules Jordan.

Panda_Kahn_fan
07-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Give the franchise to Steven Chow, or Ang Lee, or Tsui Harak. Get a director who knows martial arts films, one who has a vision for the tmnt that's not toy commercial driven... or fanboy purist driven. Let him make a movie without studio interference, and trust him to produce a quality product.

Foombamaroom
07-25-2016, 04:49 PM
CyberCubed.

I'd kill to see that.

IndigoErth
07-25-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm scared now.

Powder
07-25-2016, 08:03 PM
CyberCubed.

I'd kill to see that.

If he were a creative consultant giving it his all, rather than making a joke of it the vein of his "character" here, I would trust him. 100% serious.

I know he's basically devolved into a parody account who's made himself a lot of "enemies" here but over the years he proved to be full of TMNT knowledge & insightful on the respective iterations. He's got a good understanding of the property, he could probably steer a decent team in the right direction with our best interests in mind. :tlol:

That's not to say I'd pick him over this fan or that fan, but yeah, if it fell into his lap, we might do alright.

Anima Gemini
07-25-2016, 10:44 PM
That's not to say I'd pick him over this fan or that fan, but yeah, if it fell into his lap, we might do alright.

Imagine if we could collectively purchase the film rights through crowdfunding. Then we could legally finance and create our own official films. Everyone who contributed would have an equal vote when it came to things like choosing a director. Of course that will almost certainly never happen, but it's still an interesting thought to consider.

Foombamaroom
07-25-2016, 10:51 PM
If he were a creative consultant giving it his all, rather than making a joke of it the vein of his "character" here, I would trust him. 100% serious.

I know he's basically devolved into a parody account who's made himself a lot of "enemies" here but over the years he proved to be full of TMNT knowledge & insightful on the respective iterations. He's got a good understanding of the property, he could probably steer a decent team in the right direction with our best interests in mind. :tlol:

Truth be told, I picked him because of the parody of himself. But I'd trust most people on this forum to pump out a decent TMNT film. We're all on a forum dedicated to Turtles; that says a lot.

The film itself could be bad for film reasons (cinematography, directing, etc.) but in terms of lore and characters? I think 80% of the people here could make a great film.

Nelson
07-26-2016, 07:29 AM
What the hell is up with all these sarcastic polls? Are they supposed to be funny?

The hell happened to this forum?

I must say I agree.

Andrew NDB
07-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Imagine if we could collectively purchase the film rights through crowdfunding. Then we could legally finance and create our own official films. Everyone who contributed would have an equal vote when it came to things like choosing a director.

Yeah, sure thing. They bought it from Laird for 63 million so they'd probably only want... oh, maybe 150 million nowadays as much as they've grown the property post-acquisition. Us Technodrome members can probably pony that up no problem, right? :roll:

Powder
07-26-2016, 12:30 PM
I think 80% of the people here could make a great film.

Grossly overestimating with that one, I think. You have to remember this site has people who wanna see the TMNT have sex with eachother, date Irma, turn human, etc. + a huge chunk just want a FW adaption "done seriously".

Maybe 35% could be trusted.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Grossly overestimating with that one, I think. You have to remember this site has people who wanna see the TMNT have sex with eachother, date Irma, turn human, etc. + a huge chunk just want a FW adaption "done seriously".

Maybe 35% could be trusted.

That's very true. Too many scalies/furries/whatever and FW "purists."

Powder's 1/3 estimate sounds about right to me.

Andrew NDB
07-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Powder's 1/3 estimate sounds about right to me.

That's overly generous.

Foombamaroom
07-26-2016, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen the furries here (though I don't doubt their existence.). Then again, I only stay in this subsection, a few of the random ones, and the Nick one.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-26-2016, 02:02 PM
That's overly generous.

Well, 1/3 of the active people. If we're looking at the entire roster... Pssh. :tlol:

ToTheNines
07-26-2016, 02:24 PM
I'd love to see a Papenbrook directed TMNT movie.

Or one by the little git who thinks he's Shredder.

Or an Etsy/Mew coproduction.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-26-2016, 02:25 PM
I'd love to see a Papenbrook directed TMNT movie.

Or one by the little git who thinks he's Shredder.

Or an Etsy/Mew coproduction.

Why do you hate yourself?

I feel like I should keep sharp objects away from you...

ToTheNines
07-26-2016, 02:38 PM
And alcohol, while you're at it.

JakeSully would actually be my #1 pick.

MsMarvelDuckie
07-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Cy, I'd vote for you to direct. But only if it were cowritten by the two of us and SleepingSeeker. Now that gal can write! And we could have Candy Kappa as the martial art consultant.

GoldMutant
07-26-2016, 08:09 PM
Let's see if we can do this correctly in terms of a drome formed TMNT movie. Correct me if I'm wrong on any point; also, feel free to let me know who could be added on, we just need money :lol::

Director- Andrew
Producers- TrickorTreater and Cube
Music- Powder
Writers- Cy, maybe myself, and Andrew
Costume designer- Candy Kappa and Powder

--------------------------

As for the poll (these threads have honestly lost luster), neither. Liebesmen doesn't have a good track record with movies; as for Dave Green, I can't say because I haven't seen OOTS or Earth to Echo.

Anima Gemini
07-27-2016, 04:32 AM
Yeah, sure thing. They bought it from Laird for 63 million so they'd probably only want... oh, maybe 150 million nowadays as much as they've grown the property post-acquisition. Us Technodrome members can probably pony that up no problem, right? :roll:

So you're telling me there's a chance?

If not, I guess I'll keep my $149mil I had set aside... Too bad. And you had my vote, too! Oh well! :D

All joking aside though, let me have my dreams. They're all I have left! :lol:
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--DaKKsdwC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/19ck02aizeux1jpg.jpg

FredWolfLeonardo
07-27-2016, 04:44 AM
If CyberCubed gets to direct Tmnt 3, he will Remove the Turtle's Nostrils for good and definetly Recast Melissa Benoist as April O'Neil.