PDA

View Full Version : Wwe 2k17

The Deadman
08-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Because why not, here's the list of confirmed superstars right now for the next game out on October 11th. IGN is doing 5 weeks of reveals so this will be updated as they go along:

* Apollo Crews (NXT edition)
* Aiden English
* AJ Styles
* Alberto Del Rio
* Alexa Bliss
* Alicia Fox
* Alundra Blayze
* Andre the Giant
* Arn Anderson
* Bam Bam Bigelow
* Baron Corbin
* Becky Lynch
* Big Cass
* Big E.
* Big Show
* Billy Gunn
* Bo Dallas
* Booker T
* Braun Strowman
* Bray Wyatt
* Bret Hart
* Brian Pillman
* Brie Bella
* British Bulldog
* Brock Lesnar (cover athlete)
* Bubba Ray Dudley
* Bushwhacker Butch
* Bushwhacker Luke
* Carmella
* Cesaro
* Chad Gable
* Charlotte
* Chris Jericho
* Christian
* Curtis Axel
* Dana Brooke
* Daniel Bryan
* Darren Young
* Dash Wilder
* Diamond Dallas Page
* Diego
* Dolph Ziggler
* D-Von Dudley
* Earthquake
* Edge
* Emma
* Enzo Amore
* Eric Rowan
* Eva Marie
* Fandango
* Fernando
* Finn Balor
* Goldberg (preorder bonus)
* Heath Slater
* Hideo Itami
* Jake "The Snake" Roberts
* Jason Jordan
* Jey & Jimmy Uso
* Jim Neidhart
* JBL
* John Cena (revealed through a painting)
* Kalisto
* Kofi Kingston
* Konnor
* Larry Zybszko
* Lita
* Mark Henry
* Mr Perfect
* Naomi
* Neville
* Nia Jax (NXT edition)
* Nikki Bella
* Paige
* Randy Orton
* Randy Savage
* Razor Ramon
* Ric Flair
* Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
* Rick Rude
* Rikishi
* R-Truth
* Rusev
* Sami Zayn
* Samoa Joe
* Sasha Banks (revealed through a painting)
* Scott Dawson
* Shane McMahon (revealed in a tweet)
* Shawn Michaels
* Sheamus
* Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT edition)
* Simon Gotch
* Sin Cara
* Stardust
* Stephanie McMahon (revealed in a tweet)
* Sting
* Summer Rae
* Tamina
* Tatsumi Fujinami
* The Miz
* The Rock
* Titus O' Neil
* Triple H
* Trish Stratus
* Tyler Breeze
* Typhoon
* Tyson Kidd
* Ultimate Warrior
* Viktor
* Vince McMahon (revealed in a tweet)
* Xavier Woods
* Zack Ryder

Prowler
08-02-2016, 01:24 PM
IGN still does this for SmackDown/WWE 2k games after all these years?

I guess there will also be a PC version of it? Let's hope it's good enough.

TheCanadiandrome
08-02-2016, 02:16 PM
got my NXT Edition for Xbox One pre-ordered and because i'm such a nice guy, I even pre-ordered a copy for my Friend's son for Xbox 360

The Deadman
08-12-2016, 09:53 AM
2K Reveals Details On Various Modes For WWE 2K17 (http://411mania.com/games/2k-reveals-details-on-various-modes-for-wwe-2k17/)

In a post on their official website, 2K revealed more details about the various modes in WWE 2K17, including the Creation Suite and WWE Universe mode. Here are highlights:

On the gameplay: “With the WWE 2K franchise, we are striving to deliver the most authentic and realistic WWE experience possible. Fans have been asking us to truly improve the core gameplay experience since we inherited the brand, and we are taking your requests seriously – from controls to presentation to individual features. We’ve shifted the gameplay experience focus from an arcade-centric, fighting game style to simulation-based gameplay, and WWE 2K17 continues pushing in that direction with both improved and new gameplay mechanics. In WWE 2K17, the fans will, more than ever, get to control the action how and where they want, including competing in the crowd and backstage areas. Our community asked for the return of playable backstage and crowd areas, so we delivered on this request. We also greatly improved the responsiveness of gameplay while also updating game systems like Ladders, Taunts and a new secondary submission system. As always, we added thousands of new animations into WWE 2K17, so there is a lot of new gameplay for everyone to discover and enjoy. These are just a few of the gameplay improvements we are delivering in WWE 2K17, all of which will provide the most authentic WWE experience to date.”

On the Creation Suite: “The WWE 2K17 Creation Suite enables the WWE Universe to customize, build and share their own unique WWE Superstars, Arenas, Entrances, Shows and more. For WWE 2K17, we added new creation features, as well as focused on deepening and providing even more options for existing creation features. For example, we added many more parts, more adjustment options and elements like body hair, all of which add to the game’s massive set of customization options. We also added a full Highlight Replay system, which allows players to record video highlights from their matches. The video content can be used in our new Create a Video feature, which lets players create videos for use in things like custom entrance Titan Tron videos for created Superstars. We also deepened the Create a Show feature and added a brand new Create a Victory feature to ensure everyone can create the most comprehensive WWE experience possible. Whether players build their own worlds or simply expand on existing tools, the power is in their hands.”

On the promo engine: “Even with all these new features, presentation and possibilities, we still felt something was missing: promos. In turn, WWE 2K17 will deliver a brand new Promo Engine that lets the WWE Superstars express their thoughts and emotions to the WWE Universe and one another. The Promo Engine creates a new dynamic and brings the experience closer to the actual WWE than ever before. That’s not all – we also are delivering a completely revamped offering of all Universe Mode cut scenes, including familiar and brand new scenarios. Collectively, WWE 2K17 represents the most comprehensive and authentic WWE Universe we’ve attempted thus far.”

Also updated the roster post.

turtlefanforever
08-12-2016, 03:00 PM
games used to be super fun, i didn't like 2k16. i'll pass.

TheCanadiandrome
08-12-2016, 05:36 PM
really can't wait for this! those new features sound cool

Krutch
08-13-2016, 09:27 AM
It's a guaranteed purchase from me but man, not having custom theme music has had such a serious impact on replay value. I really, really hope the figure out a way to address this. Otherwise creating your own wrestling federation just seems stupid when they're all sharing the same songs.

A couple easy fixes I'd like to see as well:

When you win a match, it should immediately play your music and transition into a 30 second winning animation. THEN it can go to replays with the option of exiting to the menu. The way they have it now completely breaks up the flow. You win, theres a 4 second silence, you're shown about 2 minutes of replays while your theme song plays on top of it, then we cut back to the ring and your guy is still trying to get to his feet. It's so unnatural. Even if you turn off replays in the options, it dips to black while it loads the victory animation. Just have it transition from the pinfall. Jeez.

An option for a 60 minute Iron Man match. This one is pretty obvious.

Completely revamp cage matches. Does anyone actually like playing cage matches? Of course not. They're awkward and terrible.

And the big one: The Royal Rumble. Dear God, this easily has the most potential to be the most fun match type in the game but instead its annoying as hell with you constantly playing the same 3 mini games over the course of a half hour. It's terrible, it's heartbreaking, it's a tragedy we've been living with for about a decade now without ever addressing it. Freakin' change it.

I'm glad to see they seem to be reworking the ladder matches, too.

The Deadman
08-13-2016, 10:36 AM
There was an option for a 60 minute Iron Man match in 2K16

Krutch
08-13-2016, 11:39 AM
No there wasn't. Highest it went was 30 minutes.

The Deadman
08-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Ahh, musta been excluded from the current gen versions because it's in the 360 version.

TheCanadiandrome
08-14-2016, 02:46 PM
oh? good on the 360 version to get something exclusive then

Krutch
08-16-2016, 10:14 AM
I like the sound of the roll-out system they've introduced for matches that involve 3+ wrestlers. Basically if you hit a wrestler with a significantly damaging move, they'll automatically roll out and recover laying on the outside. This actually plays a lot like real matches, so, I'm all for it. I just hope it's balanced right and not going to do that too too often.

TheCanadiandrome
08-16-2016, 05:55 PM
shaping up to be a good solid game imo.

and for those who didn't get the NXT version of the game, sucks that ya'll will have to wait who knows how long to get the DLC pack, but those who get the last gen versions will apparently have access to the NXY pack launch day

The Deadman
08-23-2016, 11:06 AM
Updated the roster after weeks 3 and 4 of the reveal.

Krutch
08-23-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm hoping for some more Attitude and New Generation era superstars next week. Val Venis, Gangrel, Mabel, Aldo Montoya, Hakushi.. mid carders and such.

TheCanadiandrome
08-23-2016, 03:40 PM
yeah no doubt. and why aren't The Shining Stars in as themselves rather than Los Mattadores?

The Deadman
08-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Here's the final roster update

– 24 new WWE superstars have been confirmed for the WWE 2k17 video game today. They are: Asuka, Bayley, Big Boss Man, Buddy Murphy, Cactus Jack, Dean Ambrose, Diesel, Dude Love, Dusty Rhodes, Goldust, Jack Swagger, John Cena, Kane, Kevin Owens, Lex Luger, Luke Harper, Mankind, Road Dogg Jesse James, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Undertaker, Vader, Wesley Blake.

Krutch
08-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed?

TheCanadiandrome
08-31-2016, 12:25 AM
Anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed?
Not at all

Krutch
09-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Really? It just seems like, with a very small amount of exceptions, this is the exact same roster as last year. Especially where Legends are concerned. I just wanted to see some more new stuff, or at least something surprising.

TheCanadiandrome
09-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Well yeah I do agree with ya there, but who's to say what'll come with DLC later on. There's still potential and possibilities

Krutch
09-08-2016, 05:17 AM
New trailer is up.
oHTz2MOY_xc

The Deadman
09-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Full List of WWE 2K17 Downloadable Content Offerings
http://411mania.com/games/full-list-of-wwe-2k17-downloadable-content-offerings/

– 2K sports has announced the following downloadable content offerings for the WWE 2K17 video game. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2016, with some packages releasing in early 2017, for the PlayStation4 and PlayStation3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One and Xbox 360. You can check out the content below…

Accelerator
* Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC * Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
* Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
* The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.

Future Stars Pack
* Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley and Tye Dillinger;
* The Future Stars Pack will be available for $8.99.

Hall of Fame Showcase
* Playable matches include:
* Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992);
* The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986);
* Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000);
* Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988);
* Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998);
* Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match);
* Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. The Big Show (Armageddon 1999);
* The Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for $9.99.

Legends Pack
* Playable WWE Legends: Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid and Tatanka;
* The Legends Pack will be available for $8.99.

MyPlayer Kick Start (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
* Players will gain access to unlock and boost created Superstar ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
* Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
* MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.

New Moves Pack
* Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Swingout Neckbreaker (made popular by current WWE Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte); the Elbro Drop (made popular by WWE Superstar Zack Ryder); the Face Wash Combo (made popular by NXT Superstar Samoa Joe; and the TJP Clutch (made popular by current WWE Cruiserweight Champion T.J. Perkins);
* The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.

NXT Enhancement Pack (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
* Playable NXT Superstars: Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura;
* Players will earn a 50 percent boost in points while competing at NXT during MyCareer;
The NXT Enhancement Pack will be available for $9.99.

NXT Legacy Pack (PS3™ system and Xbox 360 Exclusive)
* Playable NXT Superstars: Apollo Crews, Nia Jax and Shinsuke Nakamura;
The NXT Legacy Pack will be available for $4.99.

About the WWE 2K17 Season Pass
* Players may purchase select WWE 2K17 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $29.99, a savings of more than 15 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:

* Accelerator;
* Future Stars Pack;
* Hall of Fame Showcase;
* Legends Pack;
* New Moves Pack.

TheCanadiandrome
09-28-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm diggin the dlc

Krutch
10-05-2016, 09:33 AM
I've decided I'm gonna wait a month to purchase. I'm picking up PSVR the same week this turns out and probably a few of the demo titles I like, so... This one will have to wait. I can probably pick it up for about 20 bucks less a month later anyways, so, its probably the best move.

TheCanadiandrome
10-05-2016, 11:07 PM
God I'd sooner take 2k over that whole VR garbage any day

Krutch
10-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Sorry you don't dig it.

But VR isn't going anywhere. Tech has finally reached a point where you can feel genuinely immersed, and its only going to improve from here. Non VR gaming will still remain, of course; they're two different animals.

But in my experience, I had 4 friends who were strongly anti-VR that were won over in less than a minute with the right VR experience. Seeing them go from "Oh, this resolution sucks... The screen seems faded... This is gonna suck. I feel sick" to 30 seconds later grinning like idiots and laughing, ducking, and weaving. All it takes is the right VR game, and to stop thinking its trying to replace traditional gaming. It has it's place. I'm happy its here :)

Let me know how 2k17 is next week :)

TheCanadiandrome
10-10-2016, 05:42 PM
yeah i just don't like the idea of the stupid thing ya gotta wear on your head

Krutch
10-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Fair enough :P

Krutch
10-12-2016, 06:33 AM
Came into some extra spending money this month so decided to pick it up yesterday. Mainly played My Career for the 5 or 6 hours I messed around with it.

Then it crashed.

And I lost my save.

Not happy.

Not to mention, I played a 6 man ladder match and a falls count anywhere women match and the framerate was literally unplayable. It was like watching everything at 1/3rd the speed. I know the WWE games always have their nagging problems year to year but this is basically an unplayable mess, and thats not even mentioning the 11GB day 1 patch.

Very disappointed, personally.

TheCanadiandrome
10-18-2016, 04:02 PM
woah dude that's too bad. what system u get it for? i got mine for Xbox One and haven't reported any issues. even played it on Xbox 360 and same, no issues

Krutch
11-01-2016, 10:09 AM
PS4. Apparently the issues been solved in the last two patches.

I haven't played it since, though. Been busy on the VR when I actually have time to sit down and play.

TheCanadiandrome
11-09-2016, 12:54 PM
PS4. Apparently the issues been solved in the last two patches.

I haven't played it since, though. Been busy on the VR when I actually have time to sit down and play.
nice dude, glad u like that