PDA

View Full Version : What's your hair color?

Prowler
08-02-2016, 08:32 PM
last year or so there was a thread about eye colours, but I don't think there's ever been a thread where we talk about our hair colour in particular.

So what's your hair colour? And I'm talking about your natural hair colour, not whatever colour it's dyed in at the moment... but feel free to mention that as well if you wish to in case you dislike your natural hair colour or something.

Well, I am a brunette. Not sure what shade in particular. Not too dark and not too light. When my hair gets long(reaching my shoulders like trve metal!) I start noticing some very light brown hairs as in borderline blonde. I had blonde hair until I was like 5-6 years old, but I doubt it has to do with that since I think it's common for Europeans to have blondish hair when they're little kids and then their hair getting darker. Oddly enough, my eyebrows and my facial hair in general are fairly dark, borderline black. Go figure :lol:

I'm happy with my hair colour, but when I was a kid I wanted to have jet black hair for some reason. I guess I envied my older brother's curly black hair lol

ProactiveMan
08-02-2016, 08:56 PM
It looks black, but it's just really dark brown.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 08:57 PM
It looks black, but it's just really dark brown.
Mine looks black/dark brown after I shower.

Outside under the hot sun it looks dark blonde/very light brown.

snake
08-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Dirty blonde at it's lightest and brown at the darkest. I like my hair. I wish I could style it a little more but it's pretty good where it's at

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Dirty blonde at it's lightest and brown at the darkest. I like my hair. I wish I could style it a little more but it's pretty good where it's at
My dream as a kid was having jet black hair and red eyes. Or eyes that would turn red whenever I got pissed.

Oh well, my eyes under lighting are amber, so I guess that's close enough to red? :P

snake
08-02-2016, 09:03 PM
My dream as a kid was having jet black hair and red eyes. Or eyes that would turn red whenever I got pissed.

Oh well, my eyes under lighting are amber, so I guess that's close enough to red? :P

I have blue eyes, so it's a pretty good combo. Sith eyes would be pretty sick though

IndigoErth
08-02-2016, 09:06 PM
You could always opt for the bloodshot sleep deprived look. lol

Anyway, dark blonde.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:07 PM
I have blue eyes, so it's a pretty good combo. Sith eyes would be pretty sick though
Well, I have Ganondorf eyes at times. That's not uncool either.

GoldMutant
08-02-2016, 09:19 PM
I once had blond hair as a kid, but I grew to have light brown hair.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:22 PM
I once had blond hair as a kid, but I grew to have light brown hair.
Same here. It seems to be common for European kids to be born blond and then their hair darkens.

http://dfemale.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/hair-dye-shades-of-blonde.jpg

Yeah, this is female hair and all, but I guess my hair colour falls in the light/medium natural brown categories?

Jester
08-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Brown, but starting to grey. It's no biggy though. My dad's been grey for as long as I can remember. Runs in the family.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Brown, but starting to grey. It's no biggy though. My dad's been grey for as long as I can remember. Runs in the family.
I'd gladly trade your grey hairs for my receding hairline. It's still small... but I'm only 25. Not a good sign.

plastroncafe
08-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Dark brown, grey, and burgundy red.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Dark brown, grey, and burgundy red.
All of that? How noticeable are the grey and burgundy red hairs?

plastroncafe
08-02-2016, 09:53 PM
All of that? How noticeable are the grey and burgundy red hairs?

The red isn't as noticeable as I'd like, but that's mostly because I have to top-up the color. The grey gets more and more noticeable as time goes on.

"Don't matter how new-age you get, old-age is gonna kick your @ss."

Prowler
08-02-2016, 09:55 PM
The red isn't as noticeable as I'd like, but that's mostly because I have to top-up the color. The grey gets more and more noticeable as time goes on.

"Don't matter how new-age you get, old-age is gonna kick your @ss."
Grey hairs don't seem to come very early in my family. Only by the time middle age(as in late 40s/early 50s) is when they start to show up. But again, I'd rather go grey than go bald.

plastroncafe
08-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Grey hairs don't seem to come very early in my family. Only by the time middle age(as in late 40s/early 50s) is when they start to show up. But again, I'd rather go grey than go bald.

I think I wouldn't mind the Going Grey thing nearly so much if the grey hair had the same texture as the brown. I mean, I could always just go and dye my hair all one solid color and be done with it.

Heh, I've been telling my hair dresser that the more grey it gets, the more red I want to put in it, but I don't actually know if I could pull off the Run, Lola. Run look.

I'm quite digging the summer undercut however.

Prowler
08-02-2016, 10:00 PM
I think I wouldn't mind the Going Grey thing nearly so much if the grey hair had the same texture as the brown. I mean, I could always just go and dye my hair all one solid color and be done with it.

Heh, I've been telling my hair dresser that the more grey it gets, the more red I want to put in it, but I don't actually know if I could pull off the Run, Lola. Run look.

I'm quite digging the summer undercut however.
If I went grey dunno if I'd dye my hair. It's not common for a guy to dye his hair...

My mom tends to dye her hair dark blondish or dark reddish I think.

ProactiveMan
08-02-2016, 10:55 PM

I forgot the grey... I'm salt and pepper around the temples these days. Like I said my hair is very dark, so the silver ones stand out. If my dad is any indicator of what's in store, I have a gradual progression to completely grey ahead of me from now until I'm 60.

Candy Kappa
08-03-2016, 04:08 AM
I'm a soulless ginger.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 05:28 AM
Fun fact: Only about 1-2 percent of the world's population is naturally redheaded.

I've seen several redheads in my lifetime and can think of two I know somewhat, but oddly enough every natural redhead/ginger I've met thus far has been male. I mean, with women it's always harder to tell since many of them dye their hair, but I really don't think I've ever met a natural female redhead.

Jester
08-03-2016, 06:28 AM
My head is pretty much brown with the greying, but my goatee is a smorgasbord of odd colors.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 06:33 AM
My head is pretty much brown with the greying, but my goatee is a smorgasbord of odd colors.
One of my HS classmates had pitch black hair and facial hair... but if he let them both grow beyond a certain point, red hairs would start popping out. It was pretty funny.

I'm a brunette... but my eyebrows, and my facial hair are pretty much pitch black. I think it'd look better if all my hair and body hair was of the same colour.

Stephen
08-03-2016, 06:34 AM
dark brown

Netkeeper
08-03-2016, 08:02 AM
If I went grey dunno if I'd dye my hair. It's not common for a guy to dye his hair...
Just because it's not common doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't do it. Hair dye is loads of fun and me and my brother have done it several times; we have light hair making it easy.

Mine's blond and still pretty light, though when I was a kid it was ****ing white, almost.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Just because it's not common doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't do it. Hair dye is loads of fun and me and my brother have done it several times; we have light hair making it easy.

Mine's blond and still pretty light, though when I was a kid it was ****ing white, almost.
It's viewed as a feminine thing to do. Many times I've heard about guys who dye their hair "a man who dies his hair? that's so gay!".

And I could never see myself dyeing my hair unless I was an actor and needed to do that for a movie part or something.

CyberCubed
08-03-2016, 01:53 PM
I am a brunette.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Seems us brunettes are in the majority thus far.

plastroncafe
08-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Huzzah for genetic dominance.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Huzzah for genetic dominance.
My eyes are brown. So double win for me!

Powder
08-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Very dark brown. It's been mistaken for black many times, in passing glances & lower light.

Krutch
08-03-2016, 05:54 PM
salt'n'peppa, baybayyyy

Utrommaniac
08-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Brown, but some of it is dyed bronze. With an undercut.
Just something for summer fun. Come 'round winter, maybe around my brother's wedding, the dye should be mostly washed out and I'll have it all lopped off and made even again.

There's a patch of gray on the back of my head that, apparently, I've had all my life.

ProactiveMan
08-03-2016, 07:44 PM
It's viewed as a feminine thing to do. Many times I've heard about guys who dye their hair "a man who dies his hair? that's so gay!".

And I could never see myself dyeing my hair unless I was an actor and needed to do that for a movie part or something.

A lot of men dye their hair. I don't, but I have it on good authority, and I think the reason they don't discuss it is because they don't want people to know that they are greying. It's less common for men to get highlights and stuff like that, but some people definitely do that too.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Mine is a dark dirty blonde/light golden brown depending on lighting. With a few grey hairs sprinkled in around the temples and top. In a few years it will look like Rogue from X-Men. The grey ones conveniently started popping up when I got pregnant- which happened (also conveniently) at 30. So I've been very slowly going grey for almost 10 years now. My mom started doing so much sooner and faster so I consider myself lucky in that respect. But I think I have less stress to deal with, which I've heard can speed it along.

Prowler
08-03-2016, 08:05 PM
A lot of men dye their hair. I don't, but I have it on good authority, and I think the reason they don't discuss it is because they don't want people to know that they are greying. It's less common for men to get highlights and stuff like that, but some people definitely do that too.
If I only start greying at like 50, then I won't give a crap. hell, I hope I still have all of my hair by then, considering my hair is already receding at the top left and right sides of my forehead. Id« rather just turn grey at age of 30, to be honest. :lol:

ProactiveMan
08-03-2016, 08:51 PM
If I only start greying at like 50, then I won't give a crap. hell, I hope I still have all of my hair by then, considering my hair is already receding at the top left and right sides of my forehead. Id« rather just turn grey at age of 30, to be honest. :lol:

I started going grey in my late 20s. I didn't want to start dying it because once you get on that train, you’re on if for the foreseeable future. I don't mind the salt and pepper thing though - it makes me look sophisticated. 8)

CyberCubed
08-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Is it weird that I think I'm balding already? I don't want to look old, but I don't think I'd look good with a shaved head either. I'm a white boy so I think I'd look rather silly with a shaved head, like I'm trying to be gangsta or something. I don't know what to do.

NinjaPug
08-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Is it weird that I think I'm balding already? I don't want to look old, but I don't think I'd look good with a shaved head either. I'm a white boy so I think I'd look rather silly with a shaved head, like I'm trying to be gangsta or something. I don't know what to do.

Simple solution

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2GeF7A05zQ8/hqdefault.jpg

Krutch
08-03-2016, 09:10 PM
I've died my hair so many different colours when I was younger. Blue, Green, Red, purple, blonde... different combinations of those at the same time. Was fun.

CyberCubed
08-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Jesus, that's even worse.

Slade
08-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Mine is just pure black. Not even light brown, straight black.

Prowler
08-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Well, some guys go bald fairly young. I, too, already have receding hair and am only 25. Hope it doesn't recede much in the next years, bit I think it's only a matter of time. My father started to bald fairly early and his father was bald. My mother's father never went bald and my mother has always told me I had hair just like her father, so that made me assume I'd never go bald. My older brother has curly black hair and already has receding hair as well.

Oh well. I'd look silly bald because I'm a naturally thin guy. To pull off the bald look well I'd need to be burlier or jacked. I'm tall, so I guess I could become Stone Cold Steve Austin someday!

Ninjinister
08-04-2016, 07:45 AM
I haven't had hair in two years.

Netkeeper
08-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Yes thank you! I've known a TON of guys that dye their hair, but tbh my word may not mean much because almost none of my friends are straight :V

Prowler
08-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Yes thank you! I've known a TON of guys that dye their hair, but tbh my word may not mean much because almost none of my friends are straight :V
I might have "dyed" my hair for a few hours when I was a kid during Carnaval time. You know those hair spray cans?

DarkFell
08-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Varies upon the light source.
From a bright light source - a reddish brown hair color.
From a normal light source - a dark 'chocolate' brown hair color.

Those silver hairs are gradually making themselves known.

Spike Spiegel
08-05-2016, 04:26 PM
My hair is hard, black and kinky.

Just like Grace Jones.

Prowler
08-05-2016, 04:32 PM
My hair is hard, black and kinky.

Just like Grace Jones.
Your avatar is now my mental image of you.