PDA

View Full Version : Rat King should be in a TMNT movie

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-05-2016, 12:50 PM
In the spirit of all the crazy "should ____ be in a ninja turtles three?" threads, I'm going to make a thread dedicated to what I believe should happen next; I think the rat king should be the next villain in a TMNT sequel/Reboot/remake. I know how many believe it should be Shredder first in a reboot, but rat king would be a better choice for a first foe;

1.) the tmnt would encounter rat king first, both of them living in the sewers. A battle with the rat king could erupt over a turf war in the sewer. The first movie might even be before they get into any major trouble on the surface.

2.) Rats would be a perfect first enemy for the turtles, starting small, and going to mutant rats and whatnot; heck, the rat king might even have giant rats that were mutated by the same ooze that fell into the sewer and mutated the TMNT. The rat king and his army's origin might tie into theirs.

3.) Master Splinter; one of the biggest things rat king is known for doing as a villain is taking control of Splinter and having him fight the turtles. How awesome would it be to have the students fight the master? Something an audience has never seen before! If splinter is a rat originally, have it be a battle of wills against the rat king. If's he's hamato Yoshi, have it be his human siode struggling against the rat. Great drama!

4,) If this is a reboot, save shredder, the big bad who the TMNT want revenge on, for a third film. Build up to him slowly, instead of just throwing your biggest chess piece out onto the board in your first outing. The Turtles shouldn't just mow through him in one movie. Build him up, whispers and rumors and flashbacks, before revealing him in the third film. Make Ororku Saki a bigger challenge than he has ever been before!

At least, that's why I think Rat King should be next. Batman Begins didn't start with the Joker all over againwhy not do something different?

Candy Kappa
08-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Rat King would have been great as a movie villain.

They could go the 1984 Ghostbusters route, film it like its a horror movie but the tone is adventure comedy.

IndigoErth
08-05-2016, 02:08 PM
They could go the 1984 Ghostbusters route, film it like its a horror movie but the tone is adventure comedy.
Along the lines of what I immediately thought, too. If they used a spooky looking Rat King like the 2012 version a TMNT adventure horror (with some well timed comedy) might make an interesting film. Esp if you leave a bit of mystery to it until the Turtles finally catch up to the villain and figure out what the heck is going on.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-05-2016, 02:26 PM
The horror/comedy thing could be great! That would be perfect for the first post Bay/PD TMNT movie! Even if it'll never really happen...

marcelangelo
08-06-2016, 06:45 AM
I personally wished whoever will make the next film would not engage this project with the typical hollywood way of movie series building from the start in mind.
What I mean by that is instead of concentrating on laying down the seeds for potential (or inevidable, however you look at it) sequels I hope a DIRECTOR is stepping in with a crew of his trusted filmmakers and they try to tell a story that works ON ITS OWN and has guts and heart...
Working this Story on Jim lawsons Rat King could be great in my oppinion...again if it doesn't feel shoehorned in...