PDA

View Full Version : Offical WWE TMNT Toy discussion

turtlefanforever
08-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Revelead at SDCC although no pictures were allowed there are 4 WWE/TMNT Figures on the way.
Leo/Cena
Don/Undertaker
Mikey/Savage
Raph/Sting

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2016/07/21/sdcc-2016-playmates-toys-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-interview/

Playmates Toys will be offering new 6″ Turtles that are a mash up between Turtles and WWE. While no photography was allowed, we were the first to see these in person even before WWE. These are quite an interesting take on both franchises and we feel that it brings them together nicely.

The figures will include:

Mikey as Randy Savage
Leo as John Cena
Raph as Sting
Donnie as The Undertaker

These figure will have slightly less articulation than the other 6″ figure offerings. They will also come with some WWE accessories like a garbage can, steel chair that does not fold, and various other accessories.

They will also be available at Wal-Mart first in November 2016, then everywhere else in Spring 2017

since this kind of took over the usagi thread i figured i'd make one for it specifically.

Discuss all news/notes/opinions below.

thundermaster612
08-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Well... no offense but you could've asked them to move it to the 2016 toys discussion. I don't think their important enough to have their own thread considering their only making the turtles and its just a small branding of a wave. Also I think I may have seen the Leo one in a YT vid showing off Playmates SDCC. But it may not be it. I'll try to find it later.

Coola Yagami
08-07-2016, 05:44 PM
No, I disagree. This did kinda warrant it's own thread if only because the main 2016 toy thread has so many pages you'd never even know about it unless someone PM-ed you about it. I'm surprised they went with Macho Man. He seems to be the only classic of the line up since Undertaker still wrestles like once a year or so.

turtlefanforever
08-07-2016, 06:08 PM
No, I disagree. This did kinda warrant it's own thread if only because the main 2016 toy thread has so many pages you'd never even know about it unless someone PM-ed you about it. I'm surprised they went with Macho Man. He seems to be the only classic of the line up since Undertaker still wrestles like once a year or so.

i can def see Mikey as Savage but Raph as sting is kind of a head scratcher. But Donnie and Undertaker are nothing alike but i approve of that cause Undertakers my favorite wrestler haha.

Character wise i'd go Raph as Lesnar or Stone cold but wouldn't translate to a toy well, so i understand the Sting choice.

The Deadman
08-07-2016, 07:09 PM
The Raph/Sting connection I think goes with the whole vigilante angle etc although hed probably be better off as Randy Orton.

snake
08-07-2016, 07:16 PM
I kinda wish they used Hogan. Yeah, yeah, I know, but he would've been a shoe-in for this series

wpugh2424
08-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Why not include more Tmnt/WWE hybrid characters
Like shredder as the taker and so on ...
Just a thought

EddieNES
08-07-2016, 08:32 PM
I kinda wish they never mixed wwe and turtles. It's lame if you ask me. Sure I grew up on stone cold and dx, but I don't like the idea. Especially with Playmates doing it.

But I'll still get Donnie.

OrokuYoshiFilms
08-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Ok wrestling AND TMNT fans.....I love it.
I for one was extremely excited but that was because I assumed they were the basic nick assortment with wrestler paint apps. I've always been biased to 5 inch figures. Maybe because the first figures I ever had were TMNT but I just love that scale and the first Nick turtles are my absolute favorite turtles.

...anyway as a lover of both franchises a Splinter in a Ric Flair robe would just be so....just....damn.

...the Owen Hart thing was harsh.

TheMasterTurtle
08-08-2016, 02:22 AM
I kinda wish they used Hogan. Yeah, yeah, I know, but he would've been a shoe-in for this series

I think this whole idea is stupid but I agree with you. Pretty funny after all these years of Macho being a black sheep of WWF/E he's chosen over hogan probably due to all his legal stuff last year.

I appreciate what they were trying to do here but they should've just done STUMP variants

Donnie
08-08-2016, 06:28 AM
Haha, I never would have thought I'd see something like this. It's a crazy idea but I like it. I grew up watching Savage and Hogan, and as a young kid I loved DX and the Brood and the Hardy Boyz. I still watch WWE for laughs when I catch it on. I'll get Michelangelo, because Savage was always my favorite classic wrestler.

The Deadman
08-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Why not include more Tmnt/WWE hybrid characters
Like shredder as the taker and so on ...
Just a thought

That woulda been badass.

BlueKatana
08-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Need a Kevin Nash as Shredder. :D

TheCanadiandrome
08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Need a Kevin Nash as Shredder. :D
rofl yes haha

nimajneb
08-16-2016, 08:01 AM
I got excited because i thought this was a thread for using WWE accessories as diorama kit.
Nevermind, as you were

turtlefanforever
10-15-2016, 07:40 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/wwfclassic/status/787358899561201665/photo/1

Pictured here. Easy pass for.me.

Jester
10-15-2016, 07:55 PM
There are NOT the Wrestling TMNT I wanted...

TheCanadiandrome
10-18-2016, 02:23 PM
There are NOT the Wrestling TMNT I wanted...
but i'll still have them any way

wpugh2424
10-21-2016, 12:00 PM
WWE youtube channel has a vid of Zack Ryder opening Leo as John Cena. Apparently, he will be doing the other 3 videos as well.

nellyp
10-22-2016, 07:08 PM
The Raphael/Sting video went up today.

Also on pixel Dans YouTube channel he mentioned that he saw the TMNT/WWE figures behind closed doors at SDCC and was under NDA not to talk about them till the reveal but there were more shown than just these 4.

wpugh2424
10-22-2016, 11:54 PM
I'll have to check dans video
Thanks

bushido
10-24-2016, 08:11 AM
A1K8T60uAKU
OtO_x2h8ZHI
K4W_7Dn9D84
1X_qSXoAWgg

TurtleWA
10-25-2016, 01:19 AM
Has a price been mentioned yet?

I will definitely get all four if at basic figure price, $8.99. But I have a feeling with the larger packaging and scale I'm not going to be that lucky.

I'm thinking $19.97 is going to be the price. Same as the SOTO classic collection figures. But hope I'm wrong.

kaptainmyke
10-31-2016, 11:16 PM
I preordered a full set at ringside collectibles for $95

BlueKatana
10-31-2016, 11:20 PM
Yeah, the bigger scale is pushing me to pass on these the more I see of them.

justforapic
10-31-2016, 11:23 PM
I like the creative turtle variants, but for some reason, these just don't appeal. If you like them, that's great.

TurtleWA
10-31-2016, 11:52 PM
I preordered a full set at ringside collectibles for $95

So 23.75 per figure. But I guess shipping is involved with the 95.00. Thought these are Walmart exclusive. Guess not if Ringside has them. Also I was way of with my price guessing. lol not the first time that's happened. :lol:

TMNTFanatic4Life
11-01-2016, 10:07 AM
So 23.75 per figure. But I guess shipping is involved with the 95.00. Thought these are Walmart exclusive. Guess not if Ringside has them. Also I was way of with my price guessing. lol not the first time that's happened. :lol:

Well, Ringside generally has somewhat jacked up prices for their wrestling toys. I'm almost certain Walmart will price this TMNT WWE figures at 19.97 each, coming out with tax to nearly 85 dollars, so it will be a cheaper purchase...I'll just wait for these to pop up at Walmart, instead of ordering online.

kaptainmyke
11-01-2016, 10:35 AM
I figured if Ringside wants to charge me a $20 bill to get a full set delivered to my door instead of me driving to all the Wal-marts in the city at 10mpg in my Yukon it's a win/win in my eyes LOL

Powder
11-01-2016, 02:44 PM
I'm almost certain Walmart will price this TMNT WWE figures at 19.97 each

& even that is $10 too much.

justforapic
11-01-2016, 05:20 PM
So I'm guessing these are bigger figures so they can fit in with WWE figures.

Rukitron
11-03-2016, 11:57 AM
$20 is too much, even with accessories and no.omitted paint apps. I'll wait for a sale.

slashpieturtlemix
11-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Im looking forward to these just to say i have them. We dont get to many awesome nick based variants by playmates

TheCanadiandrome
11-05-2016, 12:20 AM
My two faves coming together as one! Me wants and can't wait

kaptainmyke
11-05-2016, 08:37 PM
So PUMPED they are almost here COWABUNGA for sure!

DVD
11-05-2016, 10:20 PM
When I asked about how soon I'd have these, the reply was three smiley faces.
Hoping that was a sly way of saying they are on their way 👍

kaptainmyke
11-05-2016, 11:19 PM
well they are popping up on ebay for $29.99 + $15 shipping each.

i tried going to walmart.com but nothing yet. how are people already getting them in hand?

TMNTFanatic4Life
11-07-2016, 02:28 PM

i tried going to walmart.com but nothing yet. how are people already getting them in hand?

I found and bought a set of four, earlier at a Walmart in my area of Milwaukee, WI...start checking your local Walmarts.

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM

WAY WAY too much for Playmates figures.

wpugh2424
11-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Will have to check Walmart when I leave work in a few hours

TheCanadiandrome
11-09-2016, 12:43 PM
will also have to check WallyMart soon as well

nellyp
11-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Pixel Dan has reviews up for Donnie/Taker and Leo/Cena and the other 2 appear to be coming soon.

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Seeing the comparisons in Dan's videos, the WWE figures are bigger then I anticipated. But they are painted nicely, that's a pleasant surprise.

TheCanadiandrome
11-12-2016, 02:38 AM
Seeing the comparisons in Dan's videos, the WWE figures are bigger then I anticipated. But they are painted nicely, that's a pleasant surprise.
Well that's good to know, makes me want em more

kaptainmyke
11-22-2016, 01:08 AM
got my preorders in from ringside collectibles... i am very pleased. they shipped the original box from playmates, too

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/catalog/images/personal/2016tmntwwemikey_006.JPG

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/catalog/images/personal/2016tmntwwemikey_007.JPG

TheCanadiandrome
11-22-2016, 10:48 PM
You Lucky sob lol

DVD
11-23-2016, 01:28 AM
Awesome. You've prompted me to find out where mine are ... haha

TheCanadiandrome
11-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Have checked and nothing so far but I'm sure come closer to Christmas maybe who knows

TMNTFanatic4Life
11-25-2016, 09:28 PM
I got lucky when I found my set of 4, a few weeks ago. I haven't seen these in any Walmart in my area, since that time.

tmntman
11-25-2016, 09:53 PM
If you are having trouble finding them, keep in mind that they are the same assortment # as the Secret of the Ooze figures. So if your store still has them in stock, you probably won't see these show up until the SOTO figures sell.

TurtleWA
11-25-2016, 09:58 PM
They are in WA state. GF found some about two weeks ago for me but is holding them until xmas.

She went back recently and no others had been placed out. So I'm thinking Walmart might only get one set at a time or they go fast. She did mention seeing some SOTO figs though.

go_ninja84
11-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Don't really know why I got these. Just a moment of weakness I guess, will make for nice display along my SOTO figures

First Playmates I bought in a long time

Lil Karai
12-09-2016, 01:42 PM
Undertello review
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/12/playmates-toys-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-donatello-as-wwe-undertaker-video-and-quick-pics

TheCanadiandrome
12-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Hopefully will find these on weekend

Marksenad
12-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Already available in Australia

Ninjinister
12-14-2016, 11:34 PM
They are in WA state. GF found some about two weeks ago for me but is holding them until xmas.

Not in Tacoma as of Tuesday, but I'm not surprised.

dragonside
12-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Hopefully will find these on weekend

LOL i hope you do Canadian brother, I gave up and paid ebay prices.

TurtleWA
01-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Not in Tacoma as of Tuesday, but I'm not surprised.

I imagine Tacoma has a lot more people/fans buying them as soon as they show up in stock. So must be tough with all the competition. Or did they just never get any yet?

***First of Two Latin Kings***
01-04-2017, 08:05 AM
I've seen all of them in store.

TurtleWA
01-04-2017, 04:14 PM
I've seen all of them in store.

What city/state?

If they are anything like SOTO sets eventually they will be plentiful. Seen eight of those the other day.

01-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Greensboro North Carolina.

nellyp
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Greensboro North Carolina.

I am pretty sure that is Flair country. It's a shame they didn't make a Ric Flair figure. Apparently they prototyped more than the 4 released so maybe there will be a wave 2...if these sell as Playmates always points out.

TurtleWA
01-05-2017, 10:50 AM
I am pretty sure that is Flair country. It's a shame they didn't make a Ric Flair figure. Apparently they prototyped more than the 4 released so maybe there will be a wave 2...if these sell as Playmates always points out.

What turtle do you think would be Flair?
It would be cool if more than the four turtles got figures but I don't think it would ever happen.
Krang's Android Body=André the Giant :lol:

nellyp
01-05-2017, 04:02 PM
I would say splinter would be Flair. He already has the robe so just deck it out in gems. He is also older and more seasoned so yeah definitely Splinter. Put a platinum blonde wig on him and you are practically done. I would say Casey Jones for Kane but not skinny nick Casey though. 2K3 Casey would have been a cool mashup with masked Kane.

TurtleWA
01-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I would say splinter would be Flair. He already has the robe so just deck it out in gems. He is also older and more seasoned so yeah definitely Splinter. Put a platinum blonde wig on him and you are practically done. I would say Casey Jones for Kane but not skinny nick Casey though. 2K3 Casey would have been a cool mashup with masked Kane.

I laughed for some reason when reading "platinum blonde wig." Yeah that Casey idea would be rad! :tcool:

TMNTFanatic4Life
01-05-2017, 04:48 PM
King of Kings Triple H= Shredder :lol:

TheCanadiandrome
01-07-2017, 09:00 PM

Have you found em dude?

The Deadman
01-15-2017, 08:45 AM
Apparently this is the 2nd wave of this line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2N06ezWQAAyhVt.jpg:large

Jester
01-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Wait....why Donnie as Ultimate Warrior...then again why is he the Undertaker.

Donatello19
01-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Jeez, wasn't expecting more of these!

Powder
01-15-2017, 10:44 AM
God. I wouldn't care nearly as much about Playmates cockblocking other companies if they weren't expecting us to buy this stuff over say 1/12 scale NECA Henson turtles... Ugh.

Autbot_Benz
01-15-2017, 11:23 AM
why another wave of turtles why not do the side characters.

Shredder as Kane
Casey as Seth Rollins or someone else
April as Charlotte or Becky Lynch or Trish Stratus
Splinter as Tajiri or shinskie Nakamura

TMNTFanatic4Life
01-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Ugh, more turtle ones...

I wish they did wave 2 with the TMNT villains as wrestlers. I want Shredder as Triple H. :tlol:

TheCanadiandrome
01-15-2017, 02:17 PM

hahaha! oh my :lol:

VaughnMichael
01-16-2017, 01:40 AM

Shredder as Kane
Casey as Seth Rollins or someone else
April as Charlotte or Becky Lynch or Trish Stratus
Splinter as Tajiri or shinskie Nakamura
That'd be too much work for them.

tmntman
01-16-2017, 08:29 AM
Wait....why Donnie as Ultimate Warrior...then again why is he the Undertaker.

Maybe because he is the slightly taller Turtle? More likely they just did them at random though.

God. I wouldn't care nearly as much about Playmates cockblocking other companies if they weren't expecting us to buy this stuff over say 1/12 scale NECA Henson turtles... Ugh.

And yet we live in a world where we get both. You just can't buy them both at Toys R Us.

Based on the Assortment numbers, Playmates considers this a continuation of the Classics line. And that line has been retailer exclusives for quite a while, including the first series of WWE Turtles. So I'm going guess this series will be as well. If that is the case, the retailer that is buying the series would likely have far more input than normal. And just like almost every license ever, the retailers want to see the main character(s) on the shelf. (And that doesn't just mean for TMNT, take a look at how many stupid Batman and Wolverine variations have been produced by other companies.) The same principle applies here. They could have expanded the series to add another character in. But I doubt they could have sold the line without the four Turtles. (Well, I guess they could have skipped Donnie and replaced him with a side character. They seem to overlook him a lot.)

Discogod
01-16-2017, 09:16 AM
And yet we live in a world where we get both. You just can't buy them both at Toys R Us.

You show me where I can get 1/12 scale Henson turtles from NECA and I'll be first in line with my cash.

Wait, you can't. Because they don't exist.

tmntman
01-16-2017, 10:01 AM
You show me where I can get 1/12 scale Henson turtles from NECA and I'll be first in line with my cash.

Wait, you can't. Because they don't exist.

Henson versions specifically, you are correct NECA hasn't made them. They have made 1:12 scale video game figure and the Mirage comic based figures. So clearly they can make 1:12 scale TMNT figures. Hopefully 90's movie figures are in the works from them. But the fact that they haven't made them yet and if they decide not to make them in the future, it won't be because they can't get the rights to do it because of Playmates.

VaughnMichael
01-16-2017, 11:36 AM
But the fact that they haven't made them yet and if they decide not to make them in the future, it won't be because they can't get the rights to do it because of Playmates.
No but Playmates has blocked anyone else from doing so in the retail market unless actions are taken such as turning things into keychains, etc.
They just don't understand the collectors market and most of the time it seems that they really don't care and just want to focus on kids.
So with them thinking that way it shouldn't be an issue to allow them to sell at least to Toys R Us and have them put only in their collector vector section of the store or something like that.

go_ninja84
01-16-2017, 01:48 PM
No but Playmates has blocked anyone else from doing so in the retail market unless actions are taken such as turning things into keychains, etc.
They just don't understand the collectors market and most of the time it seems that they really don't care and just want to focus on kids.
So with them thinking that way it shouldn't be an issue to allow them to sell at least to Toys R Us and have them put only in their collector vector section of the store or something like that.
i agree with you here. if they only care about selling to kids chances are kids wont even look in the collector vector section so if NECA could sell Henson turtles or even make the video game figures to sell individually people would be happy adult collectors wouldn't hate Playmates so much and kids could still get their figures

i would rather see Playmates allow other "collector" companies like NECA make collector figures then to continue to watch Playmates make lousy, uninterested attempts at collector figures

bushido
09-01-2017, 06:09 AM
R3QSx7jeR74

TheCanadiandrome
09-06-2017, 05:50 AM
Man I kick myself in the butt, I could've bought a set of series two figures at Fan Expo, for like $150, but I had already bought Nintendo Switch ��

MisterMiracle
09-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Man I kick myself in the butt, I could've bought a set of series two figures at Fan Expo, for like $150, but I had already bought Nintendo Switch ��

I can get you a set for $150 if you still want them.

TheCanadiandrome
09-06-2017, 04:12 PM
I can get you a set for $150 if you still want them.
I'll keep that in mind, but would prefer cheaper if possible. I have to think about shipping costs and conversion

09-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Good luck to you, MM :tlol::tlol::tlol::tlol:

MisterMiracle
09-07-2017, 09:02 AM
I'll keep that in mind, but would prefer cheaper if possible. I have to think about shipping costs and conversion

That was a shipped price that I gave you before. PM me and I can get these shipped out to you today. :)

TheCanadiandrome
09-07-2017, 11:34 AM
That was a shipped price that I gave you before. PM me and I can get these shipped out to you today. :)
PM replied, ty very much

dragonside
09-09-2017, 12:54 PM
these are freaking awesome

TheCanadiandrome
09-10-2017, 01:41 PM
yes they are, and I purchased a set from Amazon, should have them somtime this week

DVD
09-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Well, I was really really trying to curb my addiction to Turtles toys !! Haha
I even tried staying away from here, so I wasn't tempted...

Then I was offered the wrestling Turtles: these guys are great.
Brought them home yesterday, and nightfall, I'd ordered the Samurai Turtles!!

Looks like I've fallen off the wagon...

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/00B448F2-A552-40E2-9011-A8152E3A271F.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/00B448F2-A552-40E2-9011-A8152E3A271F.jpg.html)

Tempted to get a mattel wwe ring to display these guys.
They are solid figures, and pretty amazing actually.

TheCanadiandrome
09-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Man damn I need those GB figures!

So, I accidentally ordered the first set of WWE TMNT off Amazon by mistake, so sent those back and am just gonna wait til series two pops up at Walmart here in the Jaw

DVD
09-16-2017, 08:33 PM
I'd forgotten the Ghostbusters figures were in there.
Those are pretty neat, each coming with a ghost from the movie.

I got S2 of WWE first, then a few days later the first ones.

darthwahl56
09-17-2017, 12:09 AM
I'd forgotten the Ghostbusters figures were in there.
Those are pretty neat, each coming with a ghost from the movie.

I got S2 of WWE first, then a few days later the first ones.

The included ghost is like when the original Kenner cartoon ghostbuster toys included ghosts with those action figures. Now it makes me wish these ghostbuster/TMNT would have included the cartoon paint job; Store Exclusive? series 2? With Kenner like packaging.

Also, did The Rock ever wear the outfit that Raph is wearing, except for on That 70's Show?

Nice to hear from you again DVD. Now I am wondering how long before I see the Ghostbuster figures at my local Target.

DVD
09-17-2017, 12:36 AM
I'm so out of the loop, I don't know if these GB dudes are old, new or what.

Can't see anything else here on them. If anyone wants, I'll do a photo shoot of them and create a topic.

And, nice to be back.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/24A5A5AA-61FB-4750-99F2-9AD22B2D9DFB.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/24A5A5AA-61FB-4750-99F2-9AD22B2D9DFB.jpg.html)

TurtleWA
09-17-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm so out of the loop, I don't know if these GB dudes are old, new or what.

Can't see anything else here on them. If anyone wants, I'll do a photo shoot of them and create a topic.

And, nice to be back.

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/DVD_023/24A5A5AA-61FB-4750-99F2-9AD22B2D9DFB.jpg (http://s857.photobucket.com/user/DVD_023/media/24A5A5AA-61FB-4750-99F2-9AD22B2D9DFB.jpg.html)

Welcome back! Was curious what happened to you. As far as GB topic thread go check this one out. Could be a place to post more photos.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58358