PDA

View Full Version : Websites you visit the most often?

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Asides from the 'Drome and also places like gmail, facebook, youtube, etc?

Myaninmelist and Last.FM for me. Also, I tend to visit news sites often such as Expresso, SIC Notícias, BBC News, Die Zeit. For football/soccer I visit zerozero.pt

What about you?

CyberCubed
08-09-2016, 07:14 PM
IGN and Neogaf for videogame news.

This place for TMNT.

Serebii/Bulbagarden/vp for Pokemon news.

youtube for obvious video watching stuff.

Anything else I need to know like news of the world, comic/movie/tv show news, etc...I get from community threads either here, on neogaf, or just browsing around.

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:16 PM
IGN and Neogaf for videogame news.

This place for TMNT.

Serebii/Bulbagarden/vp for Pokemon news.

youtube for obvious video watching stuff.

Anything else I need to know like news of the world, comic/movie/tv show news, etc...I get from community threads either here, on neogaf, or just browsing around.
Despite being a video game fan, I must say I don't really visit gaming news websites that often. Used to visit IGN often in the past decade but not anymore. Never cared about NeoGaf and I don't like Kotaku.

A lot of times, I tend to get my video game news from 2nd handed sources such as links I see in forums in game discussion threads, etc.

CyberCubed
08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
I actually prefer neogaf over IGN now if only because IGN isn't very active anymore and all the good Nintendo editors left the site after the Wii era.

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:19 PM
I actually prefer neogaf over IGN now if only because IGN isn't very active anymore and all the good Nintendo editors left the site after the Wii era.
I began finding their game ratings and reviews more and more questionable.

CyberCubed
08-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Also forgot about gamefaqs, I used to visit it a lot in my teen years but mostly for help on various games or to find hidden stuff, mostly during the N64 and Gamecube/PS2 era.

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Also forgot about gamefaqs, I used to visit it a lot in my teen years but mostly for help on various games or to find hidden stuff, mostly during the N64 and Gamecube/PS2 era.
I also used it, obviously, for the faqs. Mainly how to perform fatalities and other special finishing moves in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

I also remember visiting many geocities websites back in 2000-2002... that's how I found out about the MissingNo cheat in Pokemon Red!

CyberCubed
08-09-2016, 07:29 PM
There are also various sites I visit on and off, Smashboards, Kazenshuu (DBZ forum), Toonzone, sometimes NoHomers.net (big Simpsons forum), but I don't stick around long. I mainly show up every couple of months and only stay for like a week.

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:37 PM
There are also various sites I visit on and off, Smashboards, Kazenshuu (DBZ forum), Toonzone, sometimes NoHomers.net (big Simpsons forum), but I don't stick around long. I mainly show up every couple of months and only stay for like a week.
Oh Smashboards? Man remember all those Sonic and Knuckles rumours on the internet back in the Melee days? And all of those fake Melee roster images on the internet? :lol: Even Nintendo had to officially clarify on their website that Sonic and Knuckles were not in the game and yet many people still believed they were :lol:

CyberCubed
08-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Smashboards is filled with nonsense but I got interested during the pre-Smash U hype for the character ballot with people speculating King K. Rool, Ridley and Geno would be in Smash.

Also forgot about Tvtropes, but I just browse the place.

snake
08-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Jeditemplearchives
YouTube
Technodrome
4chan
r/starwarsleaks
Dinosaur Dracula

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Dinosaur Dracula
There's a website with such name? Wat

snake
08-09-2016, 07:45 PM
There's a website with such name? Wat

It's awesome. Written by the guy who used to run X Entertainment. He talks about old toys and movies and runs a podcast with his buddy Jay. My favorite podcasts on one of my favorite sites

Prowler
08-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't go so often there nowadays, but I used to read Skyscrapercity's forums on a daily basis back in 2008-2009. I loved looking at pictures of cities from all over the world and their architecture threads.

ToTheNines
08-09-2016, 08:30 PM
The Drome (love you guys)
Spankbang
Overthinking It
Reason
Comic book movie (a cesspool, but they get scoops)
Comic book resources
TMNTEntity (and in turn Adventures in Poor Taste)
Rich's TMNT blog
GBfans
Rap Genius

Machias Banshee
08-09-2016, 08:36 PM
The Drome
Deviantart
MyFitnessPal
Youtube (so many, MANY channels...)

ProactiveMan
08-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Dinosaur Dracula, Action-figure Insider, MWCtoys, Smashing Magazine, Cartoon Brew, tywkiwdbi, tetrapod-zoology and a load of different blogs and art/design sites that would take a while to list.

I haven’t read video game news since they closed GameSpy, which was just before VG sites became editorial driven hyperbole machines, or glorified internships for self-important silver-spooners.

snake
08-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Dinosaur Dracula, Action-figure Insider, MWCtoys, Smashing Magazine, Cartoon Brew, tywkiwdbi, tetrapod-zoology and a load of different blogs and art/design sites that would take a while to list.

I haven’t read video game news since they closed GameSpy, which was just before VG sites became editorial driven hyperbole machines, or glorified internships for self-important silver-spooners.

So happy someone else visits Dino Drac. Do you listen to the podcast?

ToTheNines
08-09-2016, 08:49 PM
It's awesome. Written by the guy who used to run X Entertainment. He talks about old toys and movies and runs a podcast with his buddy Jay. My favorite podcasts on one of my favorite sites

Wtf is wrong with me? I didn't know this...

I used to love X Entertainment, and was kinda depressed when it went away. This is awesome.

ProactiveMan
08-09-2016, 08:52 PM
So happy someone else visits Dino Drac. Do you listen to the podcast?
Yeah - I love the podcast. I can't wait for the Halloween countdown.

Zak The Neutrino
08-09-2016, 08:53 PM
OG13.com - This is my main forum I visit. Mostly a GI Joe Forum
The Drome - here to talk all things TMNT and other things
Facebook - I hate FB but so many people have moved to it. it's the only way to keep up with everything.
Nasioc - Car forum for Subarus

snake
08-09-2016, 09:25 PM
Wtf is wrong with me? I didn't know this...

I used to love X Entertainment, and was kinda depressed when it went away. This is awesome.

Same. It sucks that the XE archives are sort of incomplete.

Yeah - I love the podcast. I can't wait for the Halloween countdown.

It's literally the only podcast I listen to. So comfy

FredWolfLeonardo
08-10-2016, 02:02 AM
Tdrome forums
Tmntentity
Facebook
Youtube
News websites
Smogon

ToTheNines
08-10-2016, 06:27 AM
OG13.com - This is my main forum I visit. Mostly a GI Joe Forum
The Drome - here to talk all things TMNT and other things
Facebook - I hate FB but so many people have moved to it. it's the only way to keep up with everything.
Nasioc - Car forum for Subarus

I deleted my Facebook, too many buffoons. I use instragram and twitter to stalk musical and comicbook artists.

Snapchat is the only social media I actually use.

The Deadman
08-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Other than this one:

Jurassic Mainframe: Forum dedicated to Jurassic Park/World
Rangercrew
Wrestle Fanatics: wrestling

Then a bunch of random sports and movie sites.

Icebot
08-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Nfl.com
Wikipedia
Yahoo

BubblyShell22
08-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Besides the Drome, I go to FF.Net to read fan fiction and to post my own work, TMNT-L forums, and Stealthy Stories which is another TMNT forum. I used to visit Chamber of Secrets forums which is a Harry Potter forum, but it hasn't been very active.

plastroncafe
08-10-2016, 01:25 PM
twitter
FB
tumblr
sites I mod.
Passively lurk at other fanboy boards (GL, TMNT, Avatar)
A03

Powder
08-10-2016, 02:02 PM
I deleted my Facebook, too many buffoons. I use instragram and twitter to stalk musical and comicbook artists.

& here I was thinking you unfriended me... :trazz:

Zak The Neutrino
08-10-2016, 02:07 PM

I would love to get rid of FB but it's just not possible with my other hobby. Everyone is on there and won't go back to forums. I've tried.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Here obviously. Also DeviantArt, FB, ebay, FanFiction.net, Stealthy Stories, and Mickey's Comic Tavern.

Candy Kappa
08-10-2016, 04:30 PM
'Drome of course.
deviantArt and a couple of other art sites.
Patreon.
DMsguild, formerly known as DnDclassics
The Fwoosh and it's forum, I really enjoy lurking there.
YouTube.
Tumbler, got a personal blog and a art blog. What a wonderful batshit insane place.
FB.
Twitter.

I also follow some of my favorite artists and a couple of webcomics.

Wesley
08-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Off the top of my head, I visit the following websites often:

Technodrome Forums
GameFAQs
YouTube
Facebook
Wikipedia and other wiki sites
Sonic the Comic Online
BuffyBoards
IMDB
TvTropes

Prowler
08-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Off the top of my head, I visit the following websites often:

Technodrome Forums
GameFAQs
YouTube
Facebook
Wikipedia and other wiki sites
Sonic the Comic Online
BuffyBoards
IMDB
TvTropes
i sued to visit TVTropes often back in the mid-late 2000s. Great website, indeed.

Ninjinister
08-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Used to be rotten.com before it got lame. Now it's bestgore.

blindturtle02
08-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Ebay, facebook, bigbadtoystore, tvshowsondvd, and now the beloved drome since I've brailled out the friggin password. Oo, almost forgot Youtube.

plastroncafe
08-14-2016, 07:36 PM
i sued to visit TVTropes often back in the mid-late 2000s. Great website, indeed.

No one merely visits TVTropes.
They get sucked in for days at a time.

Prowler
08-16-2016, 10:01 PM
No one merely visits TVTropes.
They get sucked in for days at a time.
Well, yeah. Not for days, but certainly for hours.

ssjup81
08-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Hm...

YouTube
Technodrome
Facebook (messenger)
Animeforums.net, even though I rarely post since I rarely watch anime and just chat
Kissmanga
Kisscartoon
Japan Times (news since I'm not subscribed to the actual newspaper)
Sites for job hunting like Indeed and Gaijinpot, for example

Powder
08-20-2016, 06:15 AM
Isn't streaming a higher risk in Japan? I've heard the laws on that sort of thing are pretty intense, or is that just for the actual pirating of media?

ssjup81
08-20-2016, 06:53 AM
Isn't streaming a higher risk in Japan? I've heard the laws on that sort of thing are pretty intense, or is that just for the actual pirating of media?Not sure, but I think pirating is worse. That aside, I'm streaming US stuff (TMNT 2k12, South Park, Sonic Boom, Adventure Time).