PDA

View Full Version : What's the best fast food restruant?

snake
08-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Let's settle this once and for all.

My vote goes to Popeyes or KFC. Easily the most quality out of the fast food scene. What do you say, forum?

EDIT- Local, national, large, small, whatever

Cure
08-12-2016, 03:07 PM
I dunno if it's a national chain or local only, but Smash Burger is the best.

If we're talking national, gotta be Wendy's.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 03:08 PM
I say it's anywhere but the one I work for. I am soooo sick of nuggets and egg muffins.

snake
08-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I dunno if it's a national chain or local only, but Smash Burger is the best.

If we're talking national, gotta be Wendy's.

Wendy's was my original choice before Popeyes. Those bacon burgers are the sh*t.

I say it's anywhere but the one I work for. I am soooo sick of nuggets and egg muffins.

Egg mcmuffins are based. I'd eat those every morning if I could.

Powder
08-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Local Chinese food joints are always the best, really.

But I most often go for Taco Bell, Popeyes, & Zaxbys, I think, if I had to make a top 3. Ihop & Fatz are some of my favorite middle class eat-in spots, I got down with Cracker Barrel a while back too. Oh, NY/NJ diners & pizzarias. Life is there.

Mexican is dopeness but I usually make that at home from scratch.

Burgers & Fries:
BK > Wendys > Mickey D's

Chicken goods:
Opposite

Don't get me started on food, yo. I'm a fat guy.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 03:33 PM
Egg mcmuffins are based. I'd eat those every morning if I could.

Trust me, it gets old FAST.

CyberCubed
08-12-2016, 03:35 PM
I hate hamburgers and I don't think I've eaten one since I was a kid, so fast food is about chicken sandwiches for me.

Wendy's chick sandwiches are the best, then Burger Kings. Although I love Mcdonald's Chicken selects and I get those when I'm there.

plastroncafe
08-12-2016, 03:38 PM
U-Burger
Anna's Taqueria

snake
08-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Local Chinese food joints are always the best, really.

But I most often go for Taco Bell, Popeyes, & Zaxbys, I think, if I had to make a top 3. Ihop & Fatz are some of my favorite middle class eat-in spots, I got down with Cracker Barrel a while back too. Oh, NY/NJ diners & pizzarias. Life is there.

Mexican is dopeness but I usually make that at home from scratch.

Burgers & Fries:
BK > Wendys > Mickey D's

Chicken goods:
Opposite

Don't get me started on food, yo. I'm a fat guy.
Local Chinese places are on such a different level I don't consider them fast food. You ever have Cici's Pizza? I think it's a NY/NJ/PA thing but I could be wrong.

Cure
08-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Cici's is gross, shut up.

But yeah, can Chinese joints be considered fast food? Sometimes I'm in those places waiting for my food longer than sit-down joints.

snake
08-12-2016, 03:58 PM

But yeah, can Chinese joints be considered fast food? Sometimes I'm in those places waiting for my food longer than sit-down joints.

You haven't lived until you've thrown up after eating 10 slices at Cici's. I love it.

Nah, Chinese take out is almost always consistantly good. I've only had 1 or 2 things that I haven't liked from my place.

White Castle is amazing too but I can't eat more than 5 burgers.

TheSkeletonMan939
08-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Does Chick-fil-A count as fast food? I guess it does. It's pretty yummy.

Cure
08-12-2016, 04:03 PM
You haven't lived until you've thrown up after eating 10 slices at Cici's. I love it.

Nah, Chinese take out is almost always consistantly good. I've only had 1 or 2 things that I haven't liked from my place.

White Castle is amazing too but I can't eat more than 5 burgers.

Yeah, Chinese is always good, but I'm talking about actual length of time and if it can be literally considered fast food because of how long it takes. Around here, anyway.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 04:03 PM
Maybe Cure just has a bad Cici's where he lives. The one in my town is pretty good. Just wish they didn't always stick to the same old toppings alk the time. Once in a while they have a specialty out that I really like but otherwise it's just pepperoni or sausage or a veggi or supreme. And cheese of course. I like their bbq and alfredo pizzas though.

Utrommaniac
08-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Sonic hasn't gotten old for me yet. But the lunch hall at my community college had a Subway. And that got old so fast, I can't even stand to eat there anymore.

As for Chinese Junk Food, I only really like one place, and it's a local restaurant in my hometown.

snake
08-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Yeah, Chinese is always good, but I'm talking about actual length of time and if it can be literally considered fast food because of how long it takes. Around here, anyway.

No, I agree on the time. It takes a half hour to get my order from my place. Pizza Hut (not Chinese, but similar timing) held me up yesterday for over an hour.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 04:15 PM
I love Subway. It was one of the only things I could eat while preggers that didn't come back up. Craved it. The chicken terriaki or the cold cut combo are my faves. Load them up with plenty of veggies- olives pickles lettuce tomatoes and some dressing.

snake
08-12-2016, 04:23 PM
I love Subway. It was one of the only things I could eat while preggers that didn't come back up. Craved it. The chicken terriaki or the cold cut combo are my faves. Load them up with plenty of veggies- olives pickles lettuce tomatoes and some dressing.

It's a little too calorie heavy for me. I mean, 800+ in just a 12" sub? I'd rather make my own sandwich at home.

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Maybe if you go for the meatball subs or something similarly heavy. I can do a 12 inch with all the above and it is less than that. But I usually split one with the hubby anyway so Im only eating half the calories of what it has.

Storm Eagle
08-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Almost any pizzeria.

Powder
08-12-2016, 04:46 PM

Yeah, I found it super underwhelming.

I think so! All the ones I've ever gone to, both in NY & SC have been mad quick. I just assumed they were efficient everywhere. :trazz:

Sonic hasn't gotten old for me yet

Sonic is pretty decent, but often I find it to be dry & overpriced. I get down more with their shakes than anything else. Especially when they're half off after 8 PM.

snake
08-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Sonic is the worst. Blandest food of all time.

ToTheNines
08-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Sonic is the worst. Blandest food of all time.

It used to be good. They fell off though.

I'm surprised to see no love for Taco Bell here. Their my go to fast food. Along with Hardee's. Also Wawa and Royal Farms for gas station grub.

I pretty much quit Mcdonalds after the "Le-lemonade, le-le-lemonade commercial a while back. And I haven't given them a penny since that goddamned McPick 2 commercial. I hate it so much.

The Deadman
08-12-2016, 05:45 PM
Taco Bell

*here to reach the 10 character limit*

Powder
08-12-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm surprised to see no love for Taco Bell here. Their my go to fast food.

C'mon!

I most often go for Taco Bell

:trazz:

They're always my first choice.

ToTheNines
08-12-2016, 07:21 PM
C'mon!

:trazz:

They're always my first choice.

Oops, I've been up since 3:30 and was taking a quick breather when I read through the thread. #fourthmeal #tellthebell

TheCanadiandrome
08-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Burger King for Burgers, etc; Taco Bell and Taco Time for Mexican; Rodos for Pizza and Pasta

Candy Kappa
08-12-2016, 07:33 PM
KFC have some of the best junk food I've ever eaten. But, we don't have KFC in Norway.

Where I live there is 1 Burger King and 2 Macdonalds. Everything else is local non-brand places, usually pizza or Chinese food, sometimes both.

BK is overall the best, better burgers, meat is great. The chili Cheese bites are amazing and the Crispy Chicken burger is to die for. I'm also really like the Xtra Long Chili Cheese burger and the Steakhouse burger.

Macdonalds got the better Chicken nuggets, though. Since they use actual chicken filets instead of processed chicken.

As for local brands, they best ones are gone. Often they where video rental places that also made burgers or pizza. One joint had the best burger I've ever had and that include gourmet restaurants and home-made burgers. A friend and I was lucky to visit the place on the very last day before the guy sold the place. It was run by this one-armed elderly guy, who had visited all of the burger joints in town to compare tastes and flavours. Sadly the place went under as the new owners didn't keep up the quality.

Prowler
08-12-2016, 07:56 PM
I don't like fast food places, but Pizza Hut is really bad. A shame since it used to be good in the 90s.

McDonald's sucks except for tis amazing french fries and its nuggets. No idea about Burger King. Ate at KFC once when I was a kid but forgot what it was like.

A year ago or so this new chain opened here, it's called Dominoes Pizza. Is it any good?

MsMarvelDuckie
08-12-2016, 08:31 PM
Dominoes in Portugal? Wow didn't know they had spread to Europe. It's a big chain here in the states. They just started advertizing their new delivery cars with a warming oven in back. The one that just opened here in town has one of them. Its like the bastard child of a SmartForTwo and a Mini Cooper. The pizza from Dominoes is about what you woukd expect for the price- cheap and lacking in real tatse. And they talk about hand-tossed crust, but it isn't. It is hand-FLATTENED. It is already shaped when they pull out the dough it just gets pressed out to make it flatter. I don't care for it. The pasta ain't bad though.

Prowler
08-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Dominoes in Portugal? Wow didn't know they had spread to Europe. It's a big chain here in the states. They just started advertizing their new delivery cars with a warming oven in back. The one that just opened here in town has one of them. Its like the bastard child of a SmartForTwo and a Mini Cooper. The pizza from Dominoes is about what you woukd expect for the price- cheap and lacking in real tatse. And they talk about hand-tossed crust, but it isn't. It is hand-FLATTENED. It is already shaped when they pull out the dough it just gets pressed out to make it flatter. I don't care for it. The pasta ain't bad though.
I have no idea if they exist in other countries. Would not surprise me.

I remember going to London in 2004 and finding out about Starbucks for the first time ever. Some years later, a Starbucks would open in my country. And now there's like at least 4 in my city.

I believe I've seen a Subway or two in paris back in 2005? Not so sure.

I wonder how many other big American chains still haven't expanded to Europe or just to a couple of countries. Per example, Taco Bell doesn't exist here but it might in, I dunno, the UK or Germany.

CyberCubed
08-12-2016, 08:42 PM
I haven't read every post, but did anyone mention Subway yet in this thread? I love Subway sandwiches, but I'm not sure if they count as "fast food" or not.

Subway. Eat Fresh.

Prowler
08-12-2016, 08:45 PM
I haven't read every post, but did anyone mention Subway yet in this thread? I love Subway sandwiches, but I'm not sure if they count as "fast food" or not.

Subway. Eat Fresh.
Fast food is basically a term used to describe any chain that makes/hands out your food quickly, I think. I mean, in a regular restaurant, you don't see them popping out steak after steak every 2 seconds...

TheCanadiandrome
08-13-2016, 12:03 AM

Subway. Eat Fresh.

Oh shoot forgot them :lol:

Jephael
08-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Lately I've been finding myself bingeng on both Papa John's and Chipotle. Every now and then I like to get Subway, but not as much these days.

blindturtle02
08-14-2016, 11:15 AM
I've always been partial to Burger King. There's also a place in my neck of TX called Freddy's frozen custard and steakburgers.It's a Steak & Shake knockoff minus the shakes. Not bad at all. Any fast food place sounds great since I don't eat out much anymore.

snake
08-14-2016, 12:00 PM
I've always been partial to Burger King. There's also a place in my neck of TX called Freddy's frozen custard and steakburgers.It's a Steak & Shake knockoff minus the shakes. Not bad at all. Any fast food place sounds great since I don't eat out much anymore.

Yo, Blindturtle! Welcome back man! You were always such a cool person with a great sense of humor that really added to the forum. You have been missed :tgrin:

10,000th post too!

Lethal Lullaby
08-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Don't think I've seen anyone mention Jack in the Box. They're not half bad, in my opinion. I'm not exactly sure what I'd consider the best fast food restaurant. I'm not a huge fan of burgers, so I usually get chicken (Spicy if they have it). I really hope Wendy's brings back the Jalapeno Fresco Spicy Chicken sandwich again. I'd order that everytime I went there. I also wish McDonald's didn't stop selling their chicken wraps. The sweet chili one was my favorite. I won't bother getting Jack in the Box's chicken strips however. Idk if if was the chicken strips, or something else that day, but they f***ed up my stomach. And let's jut say I was on the toilet longer than I wished to be...

Ninjinister
08-14-2016, 12:26 PM
What's the best fast food restruant?

Your mother.

D'aah I mean Frisko Freeze. idk I don't do a lot of eating these days.

blindturtle02
08-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Yo, Blindturtle! Welcome back man! You were always such a cool person with a great sense of humor that really added to the forum. You have been missed :tgrin:

10,000th post too!

Thanks Snake! Missed you guys too.
Yo LL, also a fan of Jack in the box. Now there's a restaurant I haven't been to in ages. Jeez, I forgot they had anything chickenish. Since I only do the burger thing a handful of times a year now, I forget whether or not I like theirs. When it comes to chicken sandwiches, lovin Chick-Fil-A's. No pickles for me though.
Let's see, there's a place close to us called Bush's Chicken. They've got awesome chicken tenders, and I want to say their chocolate chip cookies are worth a try. It's been forever since I've done KFC's, but I think their tenders were also tops.

Candy Kappa
08-14-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm in Poland atm, and just had KFC. Oh how I missed it. They didn't have gravy though, and the pieces in the bucket was different, still good.

Krutch
08-14-2016, 12:51 PM
I rarely go for fast take-out anymore but if I had to I'd say I'd go with Swiss Chalet, Burrito Boyz, or Fat Bastard Burritos.

If you count 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, I'd choose that over all the others.