PDA

View Full Version : IDW Creators - Tom Waltz and Mateus Santolouco

Casey
08-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I thought it belonged in the comics section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkUFSRGZGo

AquaParade
08-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Enjoyed watching. Thanks for sharing.

D Piddy 1982
08-15-2016, 11:23 AM

Same here.

Also, as I enjoy drawing as a hobby it's always nice to know that professional artists that you admire are also never satisfied with their work, and always think they can still improve! Even though their fans (me) think that they cannot improve any more!

Casey
08-15-2016, 11:51 AM

Same here.

Also, as I enjoy drawing as a hobby it's always nice to know that professional artists that you admire are also never satisfied with their work, and always think they can still improve! Even though their fans (me) think that they cannot improve any more!

Sure thing guys! Also, D Piddy, I totally agree. I don't do much drawing, but I make other things and am always hearing friends telling me to stop being so critical of myself, but it is good to hear that even paid professionals are always striving to improve.

TigerClaw
08-15-2016, 01:09 PM
Tom Waltz says that the 4Kids series was his favorite version of TMNT, and was a big influence for the comic.

D Piddy 1982
08-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Tom Waltz says that the 4Kids series was his favorite version of TMNT, and was a big influence for the comic.

I picked up on this too. Never seen the series, but always intended to. This now makes me want to start watching it even more!

Back in the day I caught the odd individual episodes, but one that always stuck with me was "The Shredder Strikes Back" part 1. Really closely followed "What goes around, comes around" (one of my all time favourite TMNT comic pieces.

ToTheNines
08-17-2016, 05:12 AM
If you're a Mirage guy, I probably wouldn't recommend it to you. I see where Tom gets influences from there, and it works well, but it's pretty juvenile and has about one gaping plot hole per season. Definitely save your self and DO NOT watch their version of City at War.

I mean, I love it. But I was 11 when it debuted. But if you want to check it out, there's certainly worse TMNT stuff out there lol