PDA

View Full Version : [Question] ignore feature?

Vegita-San
08-14-2016, 12:59 PM
did the ignore feature go away?

for some reason i'm seeing posts by people on my list, and i can't find a way to re instate them.

i'm not as active on here as i once was, but when i do choose to venture,it's nice to have :)

Autbot_Benz
08-14-2016, 01:09 PM
no it still works the peeps i have on ignore still show as ignored

Vegita-San
08-15-2016, 06:31 PM
weird... i have a few people on ignore, and i'm seeing all of them.

I also can't find an option to put them back on ignore.

ToTheNines
08-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Click "User CP" near the upper left corner. Then "edit ignore list" should be the last link on the "Settings and options" list. Near the middle.

Hope that helps.

Vegita-San
08-15-2016, 06:45 PM
huh.. that's weird. I know i had at least a few on there, but it's totally empty.

do they vanish after a while if you don't log in for a certain amount of time?

ToTheNines
08-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Not that I know of. I doubt I've ever gone longer than a month without logging in, though.

Either way, enjoy your idiot-free posting lol.

Vegita-San
08-15-2016, 06:50 PM
I try ;)

although, I'm no ray of sunshine either, so i'm not one to talk :).

Jephael
08-16-2016, 01:03 AM
I find the whole ignore/block thing kinda stupid. It takes away the whole point of this place being a community of TMNT fans. Eventually there's gonna come a point where so many people are blocking one another that we won't be able to have any coherent conversations. Everybody will be too up their own @$$ to know how to get along with each other.

ToTheNines
08-16-2016, 03:24 AM
That's silly and never going to happen.

Vegita-San
08-16-2016, 03:46 AM
I find the whole ignore/block thing kinda stupid. It takes away the whole point of this place being a community of TMNT fans. Eventually there's gonna come a point where so many people are blocking one another that we won't be able to have any coherent conversations. Everybody will be too up their own @$$ to know how to get along with each other.

I'm of the opposite thought. there are enough people on the bigger forums that this isn't an issue. I feel like more forums would run smoother if people just learned to use the ignore feature more.

ToTheNines
08-16-2016, 10:07 AM
The number of fights the ignore feature has averted on this forum has to be nearing 1,000.

Jephael
08-17-2016, 11:57 AM
The number of fights the ignore feature has averted on this forum has to be nearing 1,000.

You sure about that, man? I come back every other day or so and still see drama rearing its ugly head here and there.

ToTheNines
08-17-2016, 12:08 PM
I didn't say it fixed everything. But imagine how many more there'd be without it.

Cure
08-17-2016, 02:06 PM
I don't use the ignore feature because I'm not a puuuuunk.

Haha just kidding. You're all alright.

ToTheNines
08-18-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm ignoring you Cure.

Cure
08-18-2016, 08:19 PM
Aw, dang. :(

ToTheNines
08-18-2016, 08:42 PM
You're off. Missed you dawg.

Cure
08-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Haha, same!

But yeah, I'm with you. Even though I don't use it, I think it has certainly prevented toooons of fights on here.

Powder
08-18-2016, 09:28 PM
It's very handy, even if not for personal bias reasons. Sometimes you just can't stand a certain sig, or that someone's posts are all long as hell, so you just turn that person off. :trazz:

Jephael
08-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Sometimes you just can't stand a certain sig, or that someone's posts are all long as hell, so you just turn that person off. :trazz:

A person's signature can be a turn off?! Boy it doesn't take much to get on your sh*t list!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-19-2016, 03:12 PM
A person's signature can be a turn off?! Boy it doesn't take much to get on your sh*t list!

Cool your Jephs, jet. :trolleye: I've got everybody's signatures turned off independently of ignoring people.

Makes for a quicker, cleaner 'Drome experience.

Vegita-San
08-19-2016, 03:28 PM
for me, it's not so much an crap list..but a 'this person is not on my wave length' list.

It prevents arguments you know you're going to have over and over again if you continue to see their posts :)

alot saner browsing for me :)

TigerClaw
08-19-2016, 03:37 PM
for me, it's not so much an crap list..but a 'this person is not on my wave length' list.

It prevents arguments you know you're going to have over and over again if you continue to see their posts :)

alot saner browsing for me :)
One of the things of having people on ignore, when they realize they are ignored, they will say all kinds of mean and nasty things behind your back.

Vegita-San
08-19-2016, 04:08 PM
One of the things of having people on ignore, when they realize they are ignored, they will say all kinds of mean and nasty things behind your back.

i've noticed, when i see things from ignored people in quoted posts. SO..... i say let them. their lack of character is also another reason why they are on ignore. behaving like children ;o).