PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone films

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-16-2016, 09:11 AM
Here's a thought, in all of this movie mocking craziness; should they just give up on doing a TMNT movie SERIES, and just do each movie as separate, unconnected stand-alone stories? No origin, no backstory, just off on a different adventure each time? Original stories, and adaptations of mirage and other incarnations stories? Let each film dictate the look, tone, story, and feel of the turtles, with the director and producers deciding the look and feel for one film only. The next movie can change everything up, and the connection is played fast and loose like the Bond Films, or the Godzilla millennium series. Maybe a small flashback to the origin at the beginning of a film, then off on another adventure. Maybe that would work better, instead of a film series?

plastroncafe
08-16-2016, 11:01 AM
That'd be nice, but I don't know that it'll happen.
The studios have Extended Universe on the brain, and everyone is trying to cash in on what Marvel's been able to do...but with far less creative freedom.

Panda_Kahn_fan
08-17-2016, 11:10 PM
unfortunately, I agree. But there's no way this mess is getting turned into any kind of 'cinematic universe'. But I think people are sick of Reboots and Remakes- I think the only thing that would be successful is just a turtles movie that tells people a turtles story. I believe a third reboot will fail, no matter what. Just start with already existing turtles, and go from there.