PDA

View Full Version : If you could move somewhere else, where would you like to move to?

Prowler
08-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Migration is part of humanity's history. Humans have moved to places where they had better opportunities or felt their life could be better than in the previous place they've lived in.

Me, personally? I guess I'd not mind living in Algarve, a southern portuguese region:

http://meravista.com/sites/default/files/Town_Images/Quarteira_Promenade.jpg

The Madeira island would be nice too. The pearl of the Atlantic:

http://madeira-seekers.com/wp-content/gallery/slides/Madeira-Tours173.jpg

Two relaxing places with good weather. Madeira in particular, is a very peaceful island. Some call it a heaven.

If I lived outside of Portugal... dunno. Switzerland perhaps? Austria seems like an interesting place to live in for a while as well.

Immigration isn't made of sugar and spice and lots of people get their illusions shattered when they move to a new country due to many factors. So I personally would not do it unless I really had no other choice.

What about you?

Powder
08-16-2016, 10:03 PM
Within the US? Ideally, back to New York.

Otherwise, barring the fact I don't know the language well enough, Japan. I have had a fascination with the place, it's culture, media, scenery, since I was a little kid (thanks to TMNT, probably). Just get a nice little apartment somewhere, spend my time checking out shrines, arcades, mountainsides, & lots of other stuff. Under the right circumstances (heavy pockets & a native tongue) I think I could lead a very peaceful life there.

A lot of the UK appeals to me as well.

Segaturtle
08-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Florida or anywhere with a beach. International? Japan for me too because I like the culture.

Prowler
08-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Within the US? Ideally, back to New York.

Otherwise, barring the fact I don't know the language well enough, Japan. I have had a fascination with the place, it's culture, media, scenery, since I was a little kid (thanks to TMNT, probably). Just get a nice little apartment somewhere, spend my time checking out shrines, arcades, mountainsides, & lots of other stuff. Under the right circumstances (heavy pockets & a native tongue) I think I could lead a very peaceful life there.

A lot of the UK appeals to me as well.
I could never live in Japan. Seems like a quite stressful and tough place to fit in. It's one of those places I would not mind spending a whole Summer on, or something like that, but couldn't see myself living there.

Tbh, I don't think I could live outside of Europe.

Powder
08-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I've heard a few things about that, but I don't seem to fit in anywhere & I'm not a social person anyway. I'm used to being an outcast just about everywhere I go, so I might as well be somewhere full of things I love. :tlol: The only downside is pizza. They say it's not so great there...

CyberCubed
08-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Anywhere where the temperature never goes below 60 degrees.

Prowler
08-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I've heard a few things about that, but I don't seem to fit in anywhere & I'm not a social person anyway. I'm used to being an outcast just about everywhere I go, so I might as well be somewhere full of things I love. :tlol:
You know, this Swedish guy I talk to online has kinda told me something similar once. And he also told me he could see himself living in Japan or South Korea.

Luigiperps
08-16-2016, 10:18 PM
I'd probably go somewhere in Canada.

Prowler
08-16-2016, 10:20 PM
Anywhere where the temperature never goes below 60 degrees.

Do you still wish to move to Florida?

I'd probably go somewhere in Canada.
Vancouver always seemed like a nice city to me.

Utrommaniac
08-16-2016, 10:29 PM
I've been wanting to move to Minneapolis for a few years now. I have a close friend there, and I've loved it the two times I've visited. But first, to visit during the winter. My friend said they haven't had any snowy Christmases for two years, though. If I'm going to move somewhere where it'll be cold, at least finish the job and put some snow in it.

IndigoErth
08-16-2016, 11:26 PM
I'd prob stay in my own country, but somewhere that doesn't get snow would be okay with me. It's pretty, but after the first round of it I'm done and hate existing with it. Slick roads give me a bit of anxiety, esp the ice.

Preferably really, I'd just remove most snow (and some of the cold temps) from where I already am and stay here, and additionally bring better, cooler companies/opportunities here.

Cool companies like to "incorporate" here because of our tax stuff, but do they actually DO anything here... heck no. Not unless they have to go to court, then they might do that here. Case in point, Viacom has been going to court recently here over some of its nonsense. Activision Blizzard has done similar. If only these companies actually had studios here and did cool stuff and had cool jobs to offer here. *sigh*

On a related note... My family (on my father's side) isn't known for moving around much however. Poking around in the genealogy as of late it has become interestingly clear just how local many relatives of at least the last two or three hundred years were. Plenty right in my area (and some buried in area cemeteries I had no idea they were in) and others in neighboring states with a little wandering back and forth and milling about in the general region. We do have some Midwest roots, but not really anymore; they still ended up back east and most living today are in this region. Dammit, when this family picks a spot we're dedicated to it - for generations. lol

Shark_Blade
08-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Japan
Saudi Arabia
Turkey

Prowler
08-16-2016, 11:44 PM
Japan
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
What attracts you to those places, Saudi Arabia in particular?

plastroncafe
08-17-2016, 10:14 AM
I've the worst possible crush on both NYC and London.
Though having said that, Costa Rica was gorgeous.

ToTheNines
08-17-2016, 11:46 AM
Chicago suburbs. Where I grew up.
Long Island is pretty cool
PA is cheap and full of super nice people. At least the areas I've stayed in.
Just visited CO and really liked it, too.

I'd go any of those places.

Jephael
08-17-2016, 12:02 PM
I'd love to move out to the L.A. area or Seattle!

Powder
08-17-2016, 02:06 PM
Long Island is pretty cool

Damn right. :tcool: